Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Madara's "Death"

In the manga's second most recent chapter (obvious spoiler is obvious)...

There are more than one GAPING holes in the plot. I think a lot of people know somethings fishy but might not be able to put their finger on it.

For starters, the 2 main translations have very different stories of what happened. The first one said that The second hokage moved his body for study, the second said zetsu HIMSELF moved his body.

Going off of that, apparently madara used izanagi to survive. FIRST PLOT HOLE. From how we understand it, izanagi isn't cast AFTER the damage is inflicted, its used BEFORE. We learned that danzo would cast it (it lasted 1 minute), and at the end of that time, anything he didn't like was rewritten. Chakra was constantly consumed over that interval, and he lost the eye. Obito who was an uchiha was able to use it for MORE than five minutes. He cast the attack, took damage, than the damage was undone and his eye was rendered useless. In order for madaras story to make sense, he would have had to be able to not just cast izanagi and have it last 5 minutes, not an hour, but days (it appears that his body was taken to its resting place anywhere from several hours to days later. Either one would be ridiculous.

I don't believe it to be possible to continuously cast the jutsu while dead (given that people who are dead show no chakra flow). So its bullshit.

2nd plot hole, Madara (as we know) gave his eyes to nagato. The reason he only had one eye as an old man wasn't because one was lost to izanagi, but because he gave away both eyes and only found 1 replacement. People kept saying "it was izanagi" but it didn't make sense because if his eye was rendered useless, nagato couldn't have used it, and that eye would still be useless NOW.

3rd plot hole, madara biting off a hunk of hashirama's dna. I get it that madara died then puked it up much much later... but dying doesn't remove the acid in your stomach. The flesh would have completely desolved in under an hour (one could argue thta madara was on a full stomach at the time of his death, but their battles were notorious for ensuing for days. That piece of flesh should be liquid.

Anyway, what do you think?

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Madara's "Death"

tobirama kept his body. its just a way to explain how he survived. dont hurt your brain over it.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by obikage View Post
    tobirama kept his body. its just a way to explain how he survived. dont hurt your brain over it.
    Manga stream disagrees. That doesn't change my plot holes at all

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    HEHE

Izanagi rewrites history. Madara put it as a trigger.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    fappin

Quote Originally Posted by Derek1st View Post

There are more than one GAPING holes in the plot. I think a lot of people know somethings fishy but might not be able to put their finger on it.

For starters, the 2 main translations have very different stories of what happened. The first one said that The second hokage moved his body for study, the second said zetsu HIMSELF moved his body.

Going off of that, apparently madara used izanagi to survive. FIRST PLOT HOLE. From how we understand it, izanagi isn't cast AFTER the damage is inflicted, its used BEFORE. We learned that danzo would cast it (it lasted 1 minute), and at the end of that time, anything he didn't like was rewritten. Chakra was constantly consumed over that interval, and he lost the eye. Obito who was an uchiha was able to use it for MORE than five minutes. He cast the attack, took damage, than the damage was undone and his eye was rendered useless. In order for madaras story to make sense, he would have had to be able to not just cast izanagi and have it last 5 minutes, not an hour, but days (it appears that his body was taken to its resting place anywhere from several hours to days later. Either one would be ridiculous.

I don't believe it to be possible to continuously cast the jutsu while dead (given that people who are dead show no chakra flow). So its bullshit.

2nd plot hole, Madara (as we know) gave his eyes to nagato. The reason he only had one eye as an old man wasn't because one was lost to izanagi, but because he gave away both eyes and only found 1 replacement. People kept saying "it was izanagi" but it didn't make sense because if his eye was rendered useless, nagato couldn't have used it, and that eye would still be useless NOW.

3rd plot hole, madara biting off a hunk of hashirama's dna. I get it that madara died then puked it up much much later... but dying doesn't remove the acid in your stomach. The flesh would have completely desolved in under an hour (one could argue thta madara was on a full stomach at the time of his death, but their battles were notorious for ensuing for days. That piece of flesh should be liquid.

whoa whoa whoa..... too much logic here..... you should know better than that.... kishi doesn't use logic when he writes lol

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

viz cleared it up. it was tobirama. check the viz section or ask for it

Status
    May 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your fav>My fav

Official viz scans say it was tobirama

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    All through the years in the
    end it appears, there was
    never really anyone but me.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek1st View Post

Izanagi > reality