Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Banned
    Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Destroying.

LHW and Yata Mirror: Actually being unbreakable

There have been a few fallacies according to the Itachi fans and fanboys that the Yata Mirror is completely unbreakable and nothing can break it, since the databook says it is immune to any body being astral or physical. It's shown deflecting two attacks at the multi-city block level, which would be feats for this, correct? Wrong! That's nothing but a no-limits-fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by No Limits Fallacy
    This is when someone states that because something has not demonstrated any limits (or only certain limits) then it has none (or only the ones demonstrated).

Example: "Itachi said that no one without a Mangekyou Sharingan can defeat him. Therefore he can beat all of DC, Marvel, DBZ, and Tenchi Muyo."

The person in this argument holds Itachi's statement to be absolute truth, ignoring the possibility that Itachi has no knowledge of certain enemies, or never expected to encounter them. The same can be said of Kishimoto: He never intended for his characters to be pitted in battle against characters from other works of fiction, so therefore statements like this do not hold true to other works of fiction necessarily. Furthermore, there is the possibility that in - universe, Itachi was lying, bluffing, misinformed, or deluded.
    I bolded the first sentence for a reason, I also find it ironic how they use another one of the fallacies for Itachi. It's said that the yata mirror can "block all", and negate all physical attacks right? We've only seen it done two, so it's accepted to block all.. but what about at the planet level, or stellar level, a supernova? We can't determine this, it would be a no limits fallacy.. because it hasn't determined any limits, we can't go just by what it says, it's just like the Itachi statement, it's never been put up against something of that quality, it's nothing more than a no-limits-fallacy. Plus the general rule is that if something seems out of line for it's verse (a very weak character calling himself omnipotent, a planet busting statement in a city level series) cannot be accepted, just as itachi (under planet level series) having a tank of universal level (yata mirror).

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole in OBD
    Hyperbole is a term that refers to statements made in a particular work of fiction that are exaggerations of the actual truth of the matter. Often hyperboles are used as evidence in debates, and it can be very difficult to tell if a statement is hyperbole or not. A general rule is that if a claim is made that is completely out of league of anything ever shown in said universe (for example, if someone claimed to be a planetbuster in a verse where the strongest feats were citybuster), it's probably hyperbole. In universes with a wide range of characters on different tiers of power (such as Marvel and DC), this has to be evaluated on an individual character basis, instead of on the verse as a whole. For example, if someone in One Piece claimed they could destroy an island, it's reasonable to consider it a possibility, since other people in the verse have done comparable things (of course it still has to be evaluated based on the feats and powerscaling of the actual character). On the other hand, if someone said Spider-Man could destroy a star, it's not reasonable to think this is true despite the fact that Herald level characters and above in Marvel have done so, because Spider-Man is established as being on a lower tier than such characters.
    This is very crucial. It's both an overexaggerated fallacious hyperbole, and a no limits fallacy. It's attributed to backing all attacks, there's no proof it would best a planet level one or higher when it reflected two town level attacks, endof.

Now.. truly unbreakable. The light hawk wings.

The multiverses manifestations of power itself, organized into astral bodies that give the user immense power, included faster than light travel, dimension manipulation, etcetera. What does this have to do with anything?

Well.. it's not made for attacking. It's actually a shield, a shield that reacts to any thing that can harm the user, and reflects it..

And what it has shown to do..

Complete immunity against brute force attacks short of universe - busting (Z)
    *Ability to erase beings/objects from existence (Z/Tenchi)
    *Ability to completely nullify regeneration (Tenchi against Kagato)
    *Ability to cut through dimensions (Tenchi cutting the Souja)
    *Ability to transform into different shapes - swords, shields, tendrils, planar explosions that expand at super speed and destroy everything in their radius, even things they don’t directly hit, huge intricately patterned shields (Z, Kamidake II fused w/Mizuki)
    *Ability to create and uncreate black holes (Zinv)
    *Ability to compress enemies into nothingness (Zinv, Idol mecha)
    *Ability to freeze large groups of enemies to paralyze their movement (Idol mecha, Mikagami)
    *Ability to reach through dimensions and pull things out of hyperspace (Idol Mecha)
    *Ability to move/react at hundreds of times c and track objects moving that fast, even through teleportation (Z)
    *Ability to travel between dimensions (Z)
    *Ability to travel between universes (Z)
    *Ability to travel through time (Z)
    *Ability to teleport anywhere in the universe instantly (Z, Tenchi)
    *Ability to rearrange energy and matter, like transmutation (Z changing Mihoshi’s letter)
    *Telekinesis (Z destroying that one ship and writing his name on the Earth)
    *Ability to fire planet - destroying energy blasts (Z)
    *Ability to create space shockwaves that can destroy entire fleets of ships and remove matter from existence (Z)
    *Allows the user to transform their body into light (Z)
    *Allows the user to regenerate injuries/damage (Tenchi, Z, Zinv, Idol mecha)
    *Can create a weaker “sub - LHW” with most of the same properties that is always active (Juraian ship Sheaplis from the Washu novel)
    *Ability to completely negate the infinite gravity and time dilation of a black hole beyond the event horizon, this would also allow for breaking out of timestops (Tenchi)
    *Activates automatically whenever the user is in danger (Tenchi)
    *Ability to expand the LHWs to shield others nearby (Tenchi, Juraian ships)
    *Allows the user to sacrifice their LHWs to cancel out those of their enemies (Z)
    *Material conversion allows them to transform energy and matter into any state (Tenchi only)
    *Ability to restore destroyed objects/beings to their original state (Z)
    *One user cannot have more than 10 in the third dimension or it will not be able to handle the power and be destroyed (Tsunami)
    *Ability to weaken dimensional barriers and then chose which elements of two collapsing universes will be recombined in a new one (Zinv)
    *Ability for a user to regenerate after their own destruction, even in a destroyed universe, and reconstitute themselves in a new one (Zinv)
    *Destructive power great enough to easily destroy a ship the size of a small star (Kamidake II fused w/Mikagami against the Daruma pirate guild headquarters)
    *Ability to negate bad luck/probability manipulation (Idol mecha)
    This, is what you call a truly unbreakable shield at the universal stance in fiction. Just because kishi said it = doesn't make it true.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Know me broken, by my master.
    Teach thee on child of love
    hereafter. Into the flood
    again Same old trip it was
    back then So I made a big
    mistake, Try to see it once my
    way

Re: LHW and Yata Mirror: Actually being unbreakable

kishi's words over your butthurt opinion

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a war in my mind.

Didn't read. Manga>>>>>>> Your opinion.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaBrothers View Post
    Didn't read. Manga>>>>>>> Your opinion.
    My facts >>>>>>>>> Your butthurt post.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with stupid
    people, they will drag you
    down to their level and then
    beat you with experience.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by P3ĮÑ View Post
    kishi's words over your butthurt opinion
    OMG A GRIM O.O

OT : Well, you must have a lot of time on your hands?

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autism View Post
    My facts >>>>>>>>> Your butthurt post.
    , someones upset. I think it's hilarious when people try to deny Manga facts. Lmao.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Destroying.

, someones upset. I think it's hilarious when people try to deny Manga facts. Lmao.
    That I discredited, LOL?

You're clearly new to debating, so do you want me to Tango with you down defeat street like I did with waltz?

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

That I discredited, LOL?

You're clearly new to debating, so do you want me to Tango with you down defeat street like I did with waltz?
    I won't debate with someone who denies manga facts.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Destroying.

I won't debate with someone who denies manga facts.
    It's not a ****ing fact, you imbecile. It's a fallacious hyperbole, just because the author states it doesn't mean it's true, you're so new at this jesus christ.

So because it says yata is unbreakable, if TTGL from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann threw a galaxy at it, it would survive?

Retard.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a ****ing fact, you imbecile. It's a fallacious hyperbole, just because the author states it doesn't mean it's true, you're so new at this jesus christ.

So because it says yata is unbreakable, if TTGL from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann threw a galaxy at it, it would survive?

Retard.
    Why are you so upset? . And yes it would block it. Itachi is invincible, do you need the scan?

And why are you comparing different mangas? You make no sense.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with stupid
    -Mark Twain

Retard.
    It would be unbreakable to everything in that verse, I would assume.

I don't even know why its over-hyped, Itachi has low reserves and can't even keep it up for two long, the dude was pooped out from using Amatarasu and Tsykuyoumi (cbbed about spelling) in a day, all you have to do is evade and wait for him to exhaust his chakra. (Defensive maneuvers)

EDIT : Spare me Itachi fans, I still like the character #soloking... and whatnot. ._.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Destroying.

Why are you so upset? . And yes it would block it. Itachi is invincible, do you need the scan?

You're an idiot. It's a MULTIVERSAL debate, it's contested in multiverses. IT doesn't matter if it's said. IT Was said Superman was omnipotent, GALACTUS was omnipotent, are they even close? No. This is why this website is 99% retard, it doesn't matter that kishi said it. If you read the thread and stopped being butthurt, I proved it as being a no-limits-fallacy, a fallacy where just because it was stated and showed no limit (blocked two town level attacks from orochimaru), it can block planet busters, galaxy busters, etc. It's a hyperbole, fallacy, and no-limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by ugh View Post
    It would be unbreakable to everything in that verse, I would assume.

I don't even know why its over-hyped, Itachi has low reserves and can't even keep it up for two long, the dude was pooped out from using Amatarasu and Tsykuyoumi (cbbed about spelling) in a day, all you have to do is evade and wait for him to exhaust his chakra. (Defensive maneuvers)
    Probably that's acceptable, but when idiots like UchihaBrothers honestly think it would block a galaxy exploding just makes me laugh.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    way

it's in the manga anime comic section. he's comparing defenses actually, to establish which one is the truly impervious shield. the LHW are more impressive. and by a great margin.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with stupid
    -Mark Twain

You're an idiot. It's a MULTIVERSAL debate, it's contested in multiverses. IT doesn't matter if it's said. IT Was said Superman was omnipotent, GALACTUS was omnipotent, are they even close? No. This is why this website is 99% retard, it doesn't matter that kishi said it. If you read the thread and stopped being butthurt, I proved it as being a no-limits-fallacy, a fallacy where just because it was stated and showed no limit (blocked two town level attacks from orochimaru), it can block planet busters, galaxy busters, etc. It's a hyperbole, fallacy, and no-limits.

Probably that's acceptable, but when idiots like UchihaBrothers honestly think it would block a galaxy exploding just makes me laugh.
    Denying an Itachi fan is like denying death. Impossible.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi Base's Guardian
    Warrior, Shrouded in Truth.
    Wielding the Sword Of Logic
    and the Shield of MangaPhax I
    seal away all threats in the
    Holy Name of our Lord, Itachi.
    Amen

"Turn back ANY attack"

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiDaSoloKing View Post

"Turn back ANY attack"
    Read the thread. It's a hyperbole. Tell me where you see planet busting, supernovae, galaxy busting, universe busting, etc attacks in naruto. You don't.

This is when someone states that because something has not demonstrated any limits (or only certain limits) then it has none (or only the ones demonstrated).

Example: "Itachi said that no one without a Mangekyou Sharingan can defeat him. Therefore he can beat all of DC, Marvel, DBZ, and Tenchi Muyo."

The person in this argument holds Itachi's statement to be absolute truth, ignoring the possibility that Itachi has no knowledge of certain enemies, or never expected to encounter them. The same can be said of Kishimoto: He never intended for his characters to be pitted in battle against characters from other works of fiction, so therefore statements like this do not hold true to other works of fiction necessarily. Furthermore, there is the possibility that in - universe, Itachi was lying, bluffing, misinformed, or deluded.
    Hyperbole is a term that refers to statements made in a particular work of fiction that are exaggerations of the actual truth of the matter. Often hyperboles are used as evidence in debates, and it can be very difficult to tell if a statement is hyperbole or not. A general rule is that if a claim is made that is completely out of league of anything ever shown in said universe (for example, if someone claimed to be a planetbuster in a verse where the strongest feats were citybuster), it's probably hyperbole. In universes with a wide range of characters on different tiers of power (such as Marvel and DC), this has to be evaluated on an individual character basis, instead of on the verse as a whole. For example, if someone in One Piece claimed they could destroy an island, it's reasonable to consider it a possibility, since other people in the verse have done comparable things (of course it still has to be evaluated based on the feats and powerscaling of the actual character). On the other hand, if someone said Spider-Man could destroy a star, it's not reasonable to think this is true despite the fact that Herald level characters and above in Marvel have done so, because Spider-Man is established as being on a lower tier than such characters.
    Lemme educate them noobs right quik~

In multiverse debates, we go based off of feats, not fallacious statements, no limits fallacies, and blunt statements. Explain how the naruto earth can contrive something to fend off a supernovae, when the verse isn't even planet level. Show me Itachi fending from all these attacks? Give me the feats. It's only shown two town level attacks being blocked, and if you think that can scale to the galaxy level and beyond.. hell even at the planet level, you need an IQ check.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with stupid
    -Mark Twain

"Turn back ANY attack"
    See bro, they have dem 'Mangapuxx'

Please don't hurt me Itachi fans, it was a one-off

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPing like a boss

Whie what you posted is true, most fanboys/fangirls don't take acualities into account if it makes their favorite character look mortal. The very definition of a NB fanboy/girls is to hold said favored character in god tier respect while choosing to completely ignore any bit of proof, scan, or fact that may prove otherwise.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi Base's Guardian
    Warrior, Shrouded in Truth.
    Wielding the Sword Of Logic
    and the Shield of MangaPhax I
    seal away all threats in the
    Holy Name of our Lord, Itachi.
    Amen

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with stupid
    -Mark Twain

Make it stop

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by Umari Senju View Post
    Whie what you posted is true, most fanboys/fangirls don't take acualities into account if it makes their favorite character look mortal. The very definition of a NB fanboy/girls is to hold said favored character in god tier respect while choosing to completely ignore any bit of proof, scan, or fact that may prove otherwise.
    Yep.

Already proved ya wrong.. until you can give me them planet level blocking feats and not mere statements, keep crying.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

"Turn back ANY attack"
    This

/thread.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    way

alright op you're good. but can my pc run batman arkham asylum?

specs...

intel pentium 4 2.1 over clocked to 2.8
    256 mb ram
    shader model 2 vga card supports dx9 with 128mb dedicated memory
    100watt power supply

i want to run it on 1440p on high seeting, please respond.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Destroying.

This

/thread.
    Thread's still here, I also discredited him. Feed me more of your tears.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ĮÑ View Post
    alright op you're good. but can my pc run batman arkham asylum?

specs...

intel pentium 4 2.1 over clocked to 2.8
    256 mb ram
    shader model 2 vga card supports dx9 with 128mb dedicated memory
    100watt power supply

i want to run it on 1440p on high seeting, please respond.
    stfu I can't breathe

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»