Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How Mangas Handle Progressions and Transitions

I'm sure everyone has different opinions on how mangas handle transition/progression. Some might see it as good, or bad depending on how it's executed.

In particular I'm talking about how Naruto transitions from it's antagonist. At least to me, it feels a bit botched. It was obvious that the Juubi would be an inevitable villain, or that Madara had plans of becoming it's jinchuriki. "Yeah,yeah... what's wrong with that?" Then, out of nowhere he supposedly dies, and we get Kaguya. I'm sure that's not too farfetched but, when you think about it. We went through the whole process of Naruto, Sasuke and rest trying defeat the Juubi, Obito to then Madara, and clearly in no equal grounds, and just like that they're done. It's like Kishimoto gets tired of them, almost. As they aren't necessarily defeated by who we would assume. I get it doing once, anymore than that is just...

Let's also not forget how powerful the Juubi was said to be, for it to transpire so fast is "Yeah...okay." True, it wasn't necessarily at it's completed state but, to rid it so quickly seemed a bit "eh" to me. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if a new villain comes along.

It just seems everything's a bit rushed. I know sh*t happens and all, but still. It's like they do all this, just to make it seem that whole process had no significance at all.

I don't think it's solely Naruto. For example, just recently in Bleach. We go from Ichigo taking however long to get to Soul Society just to make a reason for him to go back to the King's Palace.

May be it's required for the show to progress but, just the way it's executed just make it seem redundant. At least to me, so what do you guys think about how mangas handle progression and transition?

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do dentists recommend
    toothpaste if they make money
    off of bad dental hygiene?

Re: How Mangas Handle Progressions and Transitions

I agree, it seems Kishi wants to end the manga asap.
    It went from Obito<Madara<BZ<Kaguya within a couple of chapters.
    He hasn't even given Madara complete closure yet, but I assume he'll be back soon enough.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you challenge the
    impossible, any lifestyle is
    paradise!

Re: How Mangas Handle Progressions and Transitions

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateVanilla View Post
    I agree, it seems Kishi wants to end the manga asap.
    It went from Obito<Madara<BZ<Kaguya within a couple of chapters.
    He hasn't even given Madara complete closure yet, but I assume he'll be back soon enough.
    yeah, he'll be back... don't forget that Kages wanted to use Edo Tensei on him again