View Poll Results: Where do you stand on this topic?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Creationism

12 38.71%
  • Evolution

19 61.29%
  • Agnostic on the topic

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»
    Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perfection is being happy with
    the way things are.

Creationism vs Evolution

Narutobase.net is made up of many different cultures, ages, and personality types. This thread for for intellectual debate on the topic Creationism vs Evolution. I want to gauge the amount of people who believe if we have been created or evolved. Also, there is a third variable of people who don't know, and there will be a voting option for that. Posting "I don't care" is asinine considering you opened the thread when no one forced you to, when the title clearly dictates the purpose of this thread. Please keep it clean and have healthy conversations in an attempt to understand another's point of view.

I will start:

I stand on the "unknown" part of this debate, however I "believe" that we (the human race) came from evolution. If you go back to the start of time then you could say we "may" have been "created" but I will try and remain scientific due to the unknown origin of mass and matter. Because this debate mostly dictates modern religion vs modern science, I will fall under the scientific side of the topic.

Now that being said lets start my belief:

Most people view evolution like this-

Many people in debates against Evolution say things like "we didn't come from monkeys" and well, the truth is we didn't. We come from monkeys like spiders come from scorpions, we simply didn't. What we did evolve from was a common ape ancestor.

If the universe was created by a deity or not, what we do have proof of is that humans haven't always been here and there is plenty of evidence that evolution is the most likely cause of our current existence. I have not picked a side, you could call me agnostic on the topic but I believe a mixture of science and possible creationism. However, there is little to no proof following creationism of humans, so tell me your opinion below!

T_T

Ambassador of Itachi Base The Zealot's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    TBA

Re: Creationism vs Evolution

I came here to tell you I dont care :D

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Toriko, Naruto, One Piece, HxH

Cool story bro. People will still not like you because their religion doesn't acccept Evolution.

But I agree.... wholeheartedly

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi Base's Guardian
    Warrior, Shrouded in Truth.
    Wielding the Sword Of Logic
    and the Shield of MangaPhax I
    seal away all threats in the
    Holy Name of our Lord, Itachi.
    Amen

yup... the entire universse was made by chance... the abilty to think... heal... sleep... water cycle... birth process... yup

or we came from apes that are no where near related to us.... and have a completely different genetic and structural make up and science prove both wrong

so many questions

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    YO FOOD TASTE SO GOOD

I believe in creation.
    Everyone has different beliefs lel

Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Immortal

Why do you want to start a war?

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi Base's Guardian
    Amen

I have seen most of that vid before... but Apes are no where near the same as man genetically... which is why we can't mate with them
    but all other evolved species can mate

also our sexual system and genital structure is WAAAAAAAAY diffferent...

we have almost NOTHING in common realistically it is a poorly made theory

Status
    Jul 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    FoolzBeWeary wa subete o
    shitte imasu

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiDaSoloKing View Post
    yup... the entire universse was made by chance... the abilty to think... heal... sleep... water cycle... birth process... yup

or we came from apes that are no where near related to us.... and have a completely different genetic and structural make up and science prove both wrong

so many questions
    Bro the 2% different between our DNA and apes DNA. Which means somewhere down the line we shared a some point with them.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked in the mirror and
    realized I had something to
    prove.

so many questions
    There is so much wrong with that statement.

1. We didn't come from apes, we share a common ancestor. Also, technically speaking, we are apes, i.e, we are primates.

2. We are over 90% related to chimpanzees.

Please educate yourself.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Santawashere!!#HenrikisEvil!!
    #Nefer4Mod!!#Drizzy4GMod!!
    #ReturnofKlad

I think that if something can't be proven, it actually doesn't exist. Even though evolution doesn't have the greatest proof, it is in these cases the theory that makes most sense among all. So I believe more in evolution then creation. And if we will talk about the universe the discussion can go on forever.

Putting god here I think is the simplest answer. We put god in the place where human intelligence had no answer, but this doesn't mean humans may not find out later. So if God really exists we will find out one day, if he doesn't than science was right since the beggining.

This is the difference between religion and science. Religion doesn't care for science even if it is proven. But science will care about religion if the existence of god is proven.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    11th Grade is tough :/

Honestly, I'm agnostic about the idea. I guess the fact that I come from a christian family, but have taken science courses all my life somewhat counteract each other. But I think I lean more to evolution. I mean, based on evidence and such, there is more facts that prove we came from evolution (skeleton construction changes throughout the decades, human's being similar to primates, Darwinism, etc...) and the thing that seems to be all I hear when I state this is, "Just because you can't see God doesn't mean he isn't there. You can't see air, but you still believe it's there". It is a very true statement, but it is scientifically proven that air is there, and can even be proven many more times. But, I'm just going to remain agnostic. I'd just like to see what other people say and see if it can alter my idea.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi Base's Guardian
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by SolarSpider View Post
    Spiders and Scorpions can't mate and they came from a common ancestor. :/
    Huh? That's pretty interesting but don't species ALWAYS evolve for a reason? Usually environmental conditions. just wondering....

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I believe in Intelligent Design. However, I wish not to partake in a discussion/debate. I've already done that plenty of times before and it's the same every time.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna play MGSV in a
    bathtub so I can bathe in my
    tears. Is that weird?

Evolution all the way.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked in the mirror and
    prove.

Huh? That's pretty interesting but don't species ALWAYS evolve for a reason? Usually environmental conditions. just wondering....
    Evolution happens because of a reason, yes. Evolution is essentially a species adapting in ways to better aid its survival.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hungry for Bamboo

look up the difference between a human and a chimp. Believe it's less than 1%. Us and neanderthals is a 0,004% diff... and there were more humanoids very similar.

The only thing which can support creationism is the missing link, yet, such a link would've evolved as well. As a matter of fact, we are evolving as we speak. Well, some at least, some are degenerates and will simply be extinct.

by the way. Neanderthals and homo sapien could not mate. Neither could we mate with the other humanoids that shared our existential span.

other than that: what you can't prove can exist very well, the matter at hand is the question whether or not it's real

I have seen most of that vid before... but Apes are no where near the same as man genetically... which is why we can't mate with them
    but all other evolved species can mate

also our sexual system and genital structure is WAAAAAAAAY diffferent...

we have almost NOTHING in common realistically it is a poorly made theory

Last edited by The Western Wheel; 07-19-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi Base's Guardian
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by SolarSpider View Post
    Spiders and Scorpions can't mate and they came from a common ancestor. :/

I just was thinking

How is it that we evolved but are living with Apes around... if Apes evolved why are they still here? some decided NOT to evolve?

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Six Pāths View Post
    I think that if something can't be proven, it actually doesn't exist. Even though evolution doesn't have the greatest proof, it is in these cases the theory that makes most sense among all. So I believe more in evolution then creation. And if we will talk about the universe the discussion can go on forever.

Putting god here I think is the simplest answer. We put god in the place where human intelligence had no answer, but this doesn't mean humans may not find out later. So if God really exists we will find out one day, if he doesn't than science was right since the beggining.

This is the difference between religion and science. Religion doesn't care for science even if it is proven. But science will care about religion if the existence of god is proven.
    Well here's a hypothetical scenario. Say if God is omnipotent or at least sovereign of this existence, then he is the one that created the laws of science and only he transcends it.

So with that in mind, we can never really use those laws to prove God because God for all we know might want to keep himself hidden until the right time(i.e. end of the world)

So if he is beyond the laws of nature and wants to be hidden, then he wouldn't leave evidence.

It's not necessarily an excuse but merely a point of view. Trying to prove something that isn't meant to proved is a futile attempt. The whole point of religion is to take it on faith.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked in the mirror and
    prove.

I just was thinking

How is it that we evolved but are living with Apes around... if Apes evolved why are they still here? some decided NOT to evolve?
    That's not how evolution works. Apes didn't evolve into humans. There was a creature ages ago, a species. The species encountered new environments, and adapted in different ways. The different adaptations led to different changes that were passed along, those that didn't change died out, so the genetic make-up of the old species became lost, thus, the older species became extinct.

The changes resulted in new species, which resulted in new species, which eventually resulted with what we have today: Humans, gorillas, chimpanzees, orangutans, etc. This is why those species still exist, they were separate evolutions that humans are, but all originated with one, now-extinct species.

It's fully possible that one day, gorillas, humans and chimps will eventually evolve into something else, and our species will no longer exist.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You can't find answers for like questions like this. You can make cases for both sides; in the end of the day, it's an opinion and not a fact.

While it's true that our DNA is 90% close to apes; however, there is no evidence of the fossil of of the ''common ancestor'', we humans and apes supposedly share. If you take a look at religion, it talks about a deity who created the universe. The universe's creation is unimaginably complex. The way time flows, living creatures function and constructed, the mysteries behind space, and so on makes believe there is indeed a designer behind all this. Do you expect to believe the universe just popped out nowhere by a chance? Hell no. Also, if you take look at some of the stuff in religion, and try to mix them with science, you will see that god does exist. For example:

The holy black stone that resides in Muslim country, is stated to be the stone that fell from heaven to the earth to Adam and Eve. According to scientists, the stone is actually small pieces of asteroid.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.ZGU&cad=rja

So if you indeed mix religion evidences with scientific evidences, the chances of god existing is over 50%.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi Base's Guardian
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by The Western Wheel View Post
    look up the difference between a human and a chimp. Believe it's less than 1%. Us and neanderthals is a 0,004% diff... and there were more humanoids very similar.

The only thing which can support creationism is the missing link, yet, such a link would've evolved as well. As a matter of fact, we are evolving as we speak. Well, some at least, some are degenerates and will simply be extinct.
    That's a theory... we don't completely understand neanderthals... and that has been proven wrong

http://www.livescience.com/15297-chimps-humans.html

you should read especially the last paragraph "GENES" in this case

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi Base's Guardian
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri Rascalov View Post
    You can't find answers for like questions like this. You can make cases for both sides; in the end of the day, it's an opinion and not a fact.

While it's true that our DNA is 90% close to apes; however, there is no evidence of the fossil of of the ''common ancestor'', we humans and apes supposedly share. If you take a look at religion, it talks about a deity who created the universe. The universe's creation is unimaginably complex. The way time flows, living creatures function and constructed, the mysteries behind space, and so on makes believe there is indeed a designer behind all this. Do you expect to believe the universe just popped out nowhere by a chance? Hell no. Also, if you take look at some of the stuff in religion, and try to mix them with science, you will see that god does exist. For example:

The holy black stone that resides in Muslim country, is stated to be the stone that fell from heaven to the earth to Adam and Eve. According to scientists, the stone is actually small pieces of asteroid.

So if you indeed mix religion evidences with scientific evidences, the chances of god existing is over 50%.
    The chimpanzee genome was sequenced for the first time in 2005. It was found to differ from the human genome with which it was compared, nucleotide-for-nucleotide, by about 1.23 percent. This amounts to about 40 million differences in our DNA, half of which likely resulted from mutations in the human ancestral line and half in the chimp line since the two species diverged

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The chimpanzee genome was sequenced for the first time in 2005. It was found to differ from the human genome with which it was compared, nucleotide-for-nucleotide, by about 1.23 percent. This amounts to about 40 million differences in our DNA, half of which likely resulted from mutations in the human ancestral line and half in the chimp line since the two species diverged
    I already agreed on the relations of humans to apes. I only said that the fossil fuels of the common ancestor has not been discovered.

Status
    Jun 2014
    On the streets smoking kush or shooting hoops
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If you even dream of
    beating me you'd better wake
    up and apologize" -
    Muhammad Ali

I just was thinking

lol pls stop, you know every type of dog on the planet ancestor is a grey wolf and there still are grey wolves today. polar bears ancestors are grizzly bear but they're still are grizzly bears today.

apes evolving into humans doesn't mean all apes should have evolved too.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked in the mirror and
    prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri Rascalov View Post

Actually, that can also be explained by the theory that people labelled what they couldn't understand at the time as "god."

When people saw lightning, earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, wildfires, they realized that there are elements to the world greater than them. They could not control these things, nor could they understand it. They saw that these things could cause great death and destruction. So what did they do? They created the idea of "god." "God" could explain where these things came from.

They created multiple "gods" for the multiple aspects of nature. They gave these "gods" human-like characteristics, from anatomy to emotion. That way, the humans could feel comfort in knowing that beings like themselves were in control of these things. After all, it was these things being vastly different from what they knew that caused them fear in the first place, by likening those that controlled these elements to themselves, they bred comfort through familiarity.

They made them more than one "god" because, at the time, one being controlling all these forces were probably as frightening as not having an explanation for them. What if they pissed off this one god, or what if this one god decided he wanted to trash the Earth about, and unleashed all these furies? The humans couldn't possibly stop it. So, by creating more than one of these "Gods" for each element and aspect, they had the comfort of knowing that no one being was there and could take them out, there were other beings capable of stopping it if did decided to ravage the Earth. This once again ties into them giving them the human characteristics of reasoning and emotions like compassion, it increased the comfort. Basically, if they said these gods could feel compassion, then they must feel other emotions like sadness, fury and vengeance. So, they needed an explanation as to how they could survive those that got furious.

This is where Zeus, Hades, Odin, Thor, Heracles and all the gods came from, this same kind of thinking.

Eventually, the ideas as they were passed around changed. 30 gods became 20, 20 become 5, 5 became 1. Characteristics changed to fit new needed explanations.

Even today, it's the same. People say their gods will grant them salvation. Looking around at the world with all the poverty, disasters, all the grief, people need comfort. People need to think that there's something better that will save them, that can save them, that wants to save them. And that's God. That's Allah. That's Jehovah. That's Vishnu. That's Jesus. It's all comfort that will eventually be grown out of and seen as poppycock, the same way Zeus and Hercules were made into Disney characters, you're gonna eventually see "Jesus Goes To High School! Coming Fall: 5015."

Basically, creationism was the explanation for the world based on comforting and superstitious ideals. Science is the analyzing and proper definition for these things.

Let's use your example: A black fell from heaven.
    Science determined that isn't some special rock from God, but actually a meteorite, pretty ordinary and common. Science doesn't boost the chances of god existing, because science counteracts what brought god up in the first place.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»