Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

Rasengan more versatility than we think?

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    I thought of a possible way for the rasengan to defend it's user similar to how Sasake covers himself with Amaterasu (blaze release)....
    Edited:
    The recent chapter(515) shows a cool picture naruto using his cloak to form rasengans. The thing that caught my eye was the fact he didn't need his hands to make the rasengans or it looked like that anyway. It technically wasn't part of the plot section of the manga but interesting none the less.

Back to the point for naruto or anyone for that matter to make rasengan around his body he would need to be able to make a rasengan without his hands which could be implied in this picture.

edit: I'd like to point out at the start of this thread. This honestly isn't as much as a prediction as it is actually pointing out fact. The only prediction part here is really my idea that he can eventually manipulate the Rasengan into something other than a ball, or can actually release it without it being RS.

Now, this really caught my interest.

Up to this point in the Manga the 9 tails has been a burden. Now it's a buff. He had so much trouble as a kid learning techs and Rasengan etc because he could never concentrate and funnel things correctly. Now this cap has been reversed.

As Psu noted, there are obviously multiple Rasengan, and also from what is seen, we assume they were made without him using his hands. Psu, however, made a theory here that it was used for defense.

Now, everyone (I think at least...) Is bored of Naruto being an incredibly limited character with how exactly he fights. He uses:

Kagebushin for: Close fights
    Rasengan for: Close fights
    RS for: Short/Medium(Expands) fights.

And that is honestly about it, without going too in depth. We noticed in this chapter he can extend the chakra of the Tailed beast like a hand, and back in the Oro fight vs the 9 tails @ 4 tails form, he used the hand extension for some decent range...however;
    Notice something here? Everything is incredibly close range. In the fight with Pain we saw Naruto use RS for a decent equalizer in distance, but in all reality, in perspective of Kakashi's MS tech, this holds very little distance. And more evidence stacked against this when compared to other water, fire, KG techs etc, Naruto is an incredibly limited character, we can comfortably conclude.

Now, straying away from the whole, how can he actually PHYSICALLY manipulate the 9 tail chakra I'd like to revisit how exactly the Rasengan is done by naruto.

I mean, we all know pretty well by now, he uses a clone to produce the parts of the tech that he cannot do with one hand. He did this because he always had the Tailed beast messing with his control. My point here is, he now has control over this concentration, the tailed beast essentially becomes his Kagebushin and he can freely and openly (within a radius) create this aura of his chakra that can move or do whatever he then pleases with those Rasengans since they're not being essentially tied to his hands.

So, what does this mean for his Rasengan tech?
    Well, to be quite honest, I think it opens so many possibilites that, my own idea of him being able to 'throw' or launch/release (long range fighting) with them is not only a possibility but Psu's theory as well. He literally has nothing messing his concentration up anymore, but now, it is amplified.

The skill will still be Rasengan, but it isn't just IM GOING TO RUN AT YOU, TRAP YOU, OUTSMART YOU anymore. The idea that he has complete control over what he does with it means it can be any sort of dense composition he wishes. It could be morphed into a whirling sword for all we know. (Covering Itachi's gift?)

tl;dr: Naruto can now (once he is able to control as Bee was showing him) completely control how he uses his chakra, and thus, can manipulate the Rasengan to even more things other than the RS.

(The RS is a 'finisher'; Rasengan is a supplement, he can do pretty much unlimited amounts of them at this point, and while it's arguable he can do the same with RS, that might be a bit overpowered, and so, he now can create his own tech with control over his chakra.)

edit: Yes I understand his own tech was already made aka RS, but the point there is that it was never really his own, he got the idea and concept from someone else. Here, I'm addressing how exactly can he use his OWN concentration, and OWN ideas to create and manipulate something he had before, but can now actually 'use it alone'

Last edited by Kyo7763; 11-05-2010 at 01:49 AM.

Status
    Jul 2010
    This user has no status.

Re: Rasengan more versatility than we think?

Bijuu Cloak - generate 1000 SM clones (at least)

And Gargantuan Rasenshuriken Barrage!!!

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

Re: Rasengan more versatility than we think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy120290 View Post
    Bijuu Cloak - generate 1000 SM clones (at least)

And Gargantuan Rasenshuriken Barrage!!!
    Logically that would completely ruin the manga, Naruto replenishes Chakra in a much shorter time than it would take to replace those Zetsu, and would be pretty dull for a war

Something small, but supplemental then opens the door to time consuming fights that equal things quite nicely. In my opinion ^^