View Poll Results: Should something be done about this ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

8 57.14%
  • no

6 42.86%
Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Nov 2008
    I'm every kind of demon, kid.

Re: Shouldn't something be done about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that I make more Kumi in salary
    But until Kumi has some use, you can't really gloat

Status
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!

Mugi gets rep, Admins get rep, mods get rep, senseis get rep, senpais get rep, gamahiro gets rep, and people who says something of value gets rep.

That may be why i'm still at one bar...

Oh snap...

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I'm amazed that you think people don't post because they want rep in every single post of theirs.

Let me rephrase that -

Your theory is, people don't post because they require a) something meant to show appreciation for things well done for every post, thus cheapening the system and intrinsically showing that rep is useless anyway or b) something useless even in this online community, because all it shows are little green bars.

Very well crafted theory indeed.

People rep what they think is good - they can't rep everything they see. -.-
    I wasn't only talking about myself only...I was talking about everybody in general, almost non of the threads that are being made nowadays get thanked(with the exception of arts and fanfic), even if people support the idea of the thread, now I'm not saying that everypost or thread should be repped or thanked, because it would be dumb if that happens.
    What I mean is only a handful of members repp people or thank there threads so what good is a system if people dont actually use it ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by -Andy- View Post
    shouldn't something be done about this?

1st. don't just make a poll saying yes or no give a suggestion how "what should be done about it"my suggestion is Make them! or threaten them with boiling oil?=\

2nd.if someone doesn't wanna rep,he can't be forced to

3th.just because u don't get reped doesn't mean other people don't as well =\

4th.no one will stop posting just because people don't thank or rep -__-
    1st.I don't have a solution I was bringing this up so someone could figure out a solution...

2nd.I'm not suggesting that we force them , I'm to make them want to do it on their own.

3rd.I don't check if people actually get reped or not I check threads(theory threads and other good type of threads) and I don't see any thanks.

4th.well We have like what over 40 thousand members on the forum ?
    how many of them actually get involved in the forum ?

Status
    Jun 2008

Reputation is not a motivation for posting.
    I gave you a negative rep anyway, so I can show my apreciation.

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    Reputation is not a motivation for posting.
    I gave you a negative rep anyway, so I can show my apreciation.
    Thx for posting ^_^

Status
    Jun 2008
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthShinobi View Post
    I wasn't only talking about myself only...I was talking about everybody in general, almost non of the threads that are being made nowadays get thanked(with the exception of arts and fanfic), even if people support the idea of the thread, now I'm not saying that everypost or thread should be repped or thanked, because it would be dumb if that happens.
    What I mean is only a handful of members repp people or thank there threads so what good is a system if people dont actually use it ~_~

1st.I don't have a solution I was bringing this up so someone could figure out a solution...

2nd.I'm not suggesting that we force them , I'm to make them want to do it on their own.

3rd.I don't check if people actually get reped or not I check threads(theory threads and other good type of threads) and I don't see any thanks.

4th.well We have like what over 40 thousand members on the forum ?
    how many of them actually get involved in the forum ?
    i wont comment on the first 3 because i don't have a good thing to say about it nor i can think of something because of my laziness

but 4 and no way rep is the reason for those members not to post and u know it =\ + most of those people either left or made a single account for the naruto discussion threads

Legendary Sage of Konoha Michael92's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2009
    Retirement days on the
    horizon.

I get what you're saying, but as you probably know, most people doesn't know about the rep button or the "Thank you" button, and they also forget to do it and jumps right to the comment field...

Status
    Jun 2008

Thx for posting ^_^
    I expect no less from an idiot your size, than to return the negative rep.
    You know that's why the rep option was added. To approve or disapprove of something. I disapproved of you being a ****** and creating this whole imbecility, but why did you give it back ? You ****ing feebles should see reason and learn how swallow negative opinions before expressing yourselves and spreading your debility about in public, because when a ****ing idot like you is kindly adviced to stop being a ****ing idiot, he should take it as it is, and not be more of a ****ing idiot than he already is.

You ****ing idiot.

Last edited by Flaw; 11-08-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Status
    Sep 2008
    This user has no status.

You know that's why the rep option was added. To approve or disapprove of something. I disapproved of you being a ****** and creating this whole imbecility, but why did you give it back ? You ****ing feebles should see reason and learn how swallow negative opinions before expressing yourselves and spreading your debility about in public, because when a ****ing idot like you is kindly adviced to stop being a ****ing idiot, he should take it as it is, and not be more of a ****ing idiot than he already is.

You ****ing idiot.
    Tha **** dude. It's just a freakin rep...

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

You ****ing idiot.
    Because you gave me a negative rep without a valid reason...I didn't say anything wrong or made a problem with anyone I was just expressing my opinion without hurting anybody...thats why you should STFU you ****** :D

That and I wanted to see how you would react...and you did exactly what I thought that you would do, and you know what ? thats not the reaction of someone who pretends that he doesn't care about rep.

Im simply better than you <3 Pesh <3's Avatar
    Status
    This user has no status.

No, nothing should be done about this.

The reputation system has nothing to do with how many members are actually active, I've been on many sites that were REALLY active and didn't even have the reputation system. . .

Status
    Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ~KRF~ View Post
    Tha **** dude. It's just a freakin rep...
    It's not the rep, it's the ******.

Because you gave me a negative rep without a valid reason...I didn't say anything wrong or made a problem with anyone I was just expressing my opinion without hurting anybody...thats why you should STFU you ****** :D

That and I wanted to see how you would react...and you did exactly what I thought that you would do, and you know what ? thats not the reaction of someone who pretends that he doesn't care about rep.
    Paragraph 1 : My reason was the mere assumption that you made this thread mainly because you were indignant due to not getting getting any rep, so I'd cut the line about me over reacting due to my reputation.

Paragraph 2 : You shouldn't lecture me about being predictable, because your negative punch line was no less than I expected from a simple minded feeble such as yourself. My act was based on a well-founded reason, yours being a lame respons with no creativity and reason whatsoever. I acted out of reason, you acted out of vengeance.

That being said, your argument is invalid. And I assume so is your life.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12