Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Senior Member Siberia's Avatar
    Status
    Siberia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Wtf Paolini..

    Wtf is taking paolini so long writing the fourth and last book. It's been fcking 2 years! We don't even know what the name off the book is. And when it's going to be released.. I really like his books, but this is just taking too long. I even forgot what happened at the last book, so I probably have to reread it again. But still, the books remains awesome so I just have to support him. I rather read a book that's awesome, but took too long to write, than a book that sucks but was done writing after 2 months. But two years is like too long, mainly because I read brisingr when it was just released..
    Discuss here the fourth and last book and what you think will happen. I also think it should be named 'eldunari'..
     
         

  2. #2
    The Lost Senju Felixman's Avatar
    Status
    Felixman is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    yeah i was thinking the same thing.....im definitely sure it is going to have galbatorix's dragon on the cover tho.
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member Siberia's Avatar
    Status
    Siberia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Felixman View Post
    yeah i was thinking the same thing.....im definitely sure it is going to have galbatorix's dragon on the cover tho.
    but galbatorix's dragon is black, and it was confirmed that there is going to be a green dragon on the cover. Probably the last dragon..
     
         

  4. #4
    The Lost Senju Felixman's Avatar
    Status
    Felixman is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    wow thats strange i think it would be awesome if it had been the black dragon but your right its the green one...i wonder if his brother will get the red dragon and im not talkign about murtagh i mean his "brother" whose name i forget
     
         

  5. #5
    Deidara...'s Avatar
    Status
    Deidara... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by -NaruKun- View Post
    Wtf is taking paolini so long writing the fourth and last book. It's been fcking 2 years! We don't even know what the name off the book is. And when it's going to be released.. I really like his books, but this is just taking too long. I even forgot what happened at the last book, so I probably have to reread it again. But still, the books remains awesome so I just have to support him. I rather read a book that's awesome, but took too long to write, than a book that sucks but was done writing after 2 months. But two years is like too long, mainly because I read brisingr when it was just released..
    Discuss here the fourth and last book and what you think will happen. I also think it should be named 'eldunari'..
    i hate it too, but look at it this way i was in 4th grade when eragon was released and i was in 8th when eldest came out and my junior year of highscool is when brisingr came out, I'm now a freshmen in college and awaiting the fourth book!!! and I'm glad that someone else is thinking about it at the same time as myself!

    main point: he is a slow writer but the books are so worth it!
     
         
    Last edited by Deidara...; 11-10-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: forgot the main point of what i was typing ...fail!

  6. #6
    hokage ~Rerrando~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Rerrando~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Who cares...........
    Posts
    4,898
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    im still reading Eldest ,but i cant wait for the 4th book to be published either....Do you guys think theyre gonna make an Eldest? Cuz, my said they were but i heard they werent so now im confused:confused:
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Hakachi's Avatar
    Status
    Hakachi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rerrando~ View Post
    im still reading Eldest ,but i cant wait for the 4th book to be published either....Do you guys think theyre gonna make an Eldest? Cuz, my said they were but i heard they werent so now im confused:confused:
    Like Whaddya mean? It's impossible to make a movie according to my bro (Who has read each of the books at least 10 times each. Literally). But he can't WAIT for the next book.
     
         

  8. #8
    Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife...or not
    Posts
    17,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Not that worthy. I really enjoyed Eragon, and later Eldest. I was expecting a trilogy, but he decided to make it a cycle. I was disappointed, because I despise this sort of publicity scam, just to make more money ( I don't have enough contact with Paolini to be certain it wasn't, so based on the total bore Brisingr was, my opinio remains the same)

    Honestly, I will read the next book because I don't like to leave things unfinished, but I'm not really expecting much of it...
     
         

  9. #9
    Deidara...'s Avatar
    Status
    Deidara... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rerrando~ View Post
    im still reading Eldest ,but i cant wait for the 4th book to be published either....Do you guys think theyre gonna make an Eldest? Cuz, my said they were but i heard they werent so now im confused:confused:
    lmfao no sir, the movie absolutely destroyed the story line. they cant follow the books so there can be no more movies. it's paolini's fault partially because he writes so slow, but mostly the producers for changing his story so much!

    Quote Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
    Not that worthy. I really enjoyed Eragon, and later Eldest. I was expecting a trilogy, but he decided to make it a cycle. I was disappointed, because I despise this sort of publicity scam, just to make more money ( I don't have enough contact with Paolini to be certain it wasn't, so based on the total bore Brisingr was, my opinio remains the same)

    Honestly, I will read the next book because I don't like to leave things unfinished, but I'm not really expecting much of it...
    i disagree with you on the money scam part O__O he said he didn't want to make the third book extremely long, and brisingr has like 600 pages and the last session is so incomplete that the next book may be even bigger xD. but that's just my take

    can i ask what bored you about brisingr, you are the first reader to say the book wasn't enjoyable. i would like to know which elements weren't pleasing to u
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Siberia's Avatar
    Status
    Siberia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Iseris... View Post
    lmfao no sir, the movie absolutely destroyed the story line. they cant follow the books so there can be no more movies. it's paolini's fault partially because he writes so slow, but mostly the producers for changing his story so much!



    i disagree with you on the money scam part O__O he said he didn't want to make the third book extremely long, and brisingr has like 600 pages and the last session is so incomplete that the next book may be even bigger xD. but that's just my take

    can i ask what bored you about brisingr, you are the first reader to say the book wasn't enjoyable. i would like to know which elements weren't pleasing to u
    Yeah, me too
     
         

  11. #11
    Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife...or not
    Posts
    17,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Iseris... View Post
    lmfao no sir, the movie absolutely destroyed the story line. they cant follow the books so there can be no more movies. it's paolini's fault partially because he writes so slow, but mostly the producers for changing his story so much!



    i disagree with you on the money scam part O__O he said he didn't want to make the third book extremely long, and brisingr has like 600 pages and the last session is so incomplete that the next book may be even bigger xD. but that's just my take

    can i ask what bored you about brisingr, you are the first reader to say the book wasn't enjoyable. i would like to know which elements weren't pleasing to u
    It has been so long that I don't even remember. I know the Eragon story roughly, and the eldest even worse, because they were good and enjoyable. I seriously remember nothing about Brisingr. Nothing was too exciting and nothing was too shocking. Overall, it wasn't even memorable.
     
         

  12. #12
    hokage ~Rerrando~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Rerrando~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Who cares...........
    Posts
    4,898
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    ....I Just finished Eldest and truthfully my mind has been blown away ...i can truthfully say i never saw it coming
     
         

  13. #13
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
    It has been so long that I don't even remember. I know the Eragon story roughly, and the eldest even worse, because they were good and enjoyable. I seriously remember nothing about Brisingr. Nothing was too exciting and nothing was too shocking. Overall, it wasn't even memorable.
    I somewhat agree (honestly, I found Brisingr very enjoyable, he began and finished it very well), but it was very necessary. It's because Paolini made a HUGE mistake during Eragon and Eldest by having him make too many promises to help too many people, and have too many responsibilities that no one really cares about. When he was making what would have been the last book, I guess he finally realized: "Oh crap. Eragon promised ten different people to do ten different things and now I have to make sure that he does all of that, or else the story will have many holes in it and I'll have to explain how Eragon still manages to have enough support against Galbatorix even though he broke all of his promises." And so Brisingr ended up serving as more of a bridge if anything. Honestly, I can only think of one other alternative that he would have had in that case, which would be to just come out and say in the very beginning: "So a year or two have passed since the battle over the Burning Plains, and Eragon has fulfilled all of his promises." Which would have made me, and I'm sure many other readers, facepalm themselves. As Iseris said, it's not about publicity in this case (well, it will always involve publicity at least slightly, as with nearly everything, but I don't believe that Christopher did it for that reason), it's just that Christopher is a writer who is getting more and more detailed and therefore takes time to develop all aspects of the story, which I find admirable actually. =/ And then there was the last part that he had to make up for which was, of course, having Zar'roc stolen. If he would have given Eragon just some random weapon to use then that's another facepalm right there lol. Though like I said, I found Brisingr to be a very good read, but it was more of a bridge or a build-up book, if you will, more than anything.

    Anyway, I think it will be well worth the wait. As I said, Paolini is an extremely detailed writer which is why I don't mind the wait for this book. There's no possible way that he can mess up the story now with so much build-up behind it coming from Brisingr. It's going to be excellent and well worth the wait no matter what. And I'm honestly expecting roughly a thousand pages, no exaggeration involved. =/
     
         

  14. #14
    hokage ~Rerrando~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Rerrando~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Who cares...........
    Posts
    4,898
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    I somewhat agree (honestly, I found Brisingr very enjoyable, he began and finished it very well), but it was very necessary. It's because Paolini made a HUGE mistake during Eragon and Eldest by having him make too many promises to help too many people, and have too many responsibilities that no one really cares about. When he was making what would have been the last book, I guess he finally realized: "Oh crap. Eragon promised ten different people to do ten different things and now I have to make sure that he does all of that, or else the story will have many holes in it and I'll have to explain how Eragon still manages to have enough support against Galbatorix even though he broke all of his promises." And so Brisingr ended up serving as more of a bridge if anything. Honestly, I can only think of one other alternative that he would have had in that case, which would be to just come out and say in the very beginning: "So a year or two have passed since the battle over the Burning Plains, and Eragon has fulfilled all of his promises." Which would have made me, and I'm sure many other readers, facepalm themselves. As Iseris said, it's not about publicity in this case (well, it will always involve publicity at least slightly, as with nearly everything, but I don't believe that Christopher did it for that reason), it's just that Christopher is a writer who is getting more and more detailed and therefore takes time to develop all aspects of the story, which I find admirable actually. =/ And then there was the last part that he had to make up for which was, of course, having Zar'roc stolen. If he would have given Eragon just some random weapon to use then that's another facepalm right there lol. Though like I said, I found Brisingr to be a very good read, but it was more of a bridge or a build-up book, if you will, more than anything.

    Anyway, I think it will be well worth the wait. As I said, Paolini is an extremely detailed writer which is why I don't mind the wait for this book. There's no possible way that he can mess up the story now with so much build-up behind it coming from Brisingr. It's going to be excellent and well worth the wait no matter what. And I'm honestly expecting roughly a thousand pages, no exaggeration involved. =/
    Those are alot of pages to be expecting...and do know how long that would take to write, especially if there were more then athousand pages? the only good that can think of, other then the detail is it'll me more then a few days to read it...
     
         

  15. #15
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rerrando~ View Post
    Those are alot of pages to be expecting...and do know how long that would take to write, especially if there were more then athousand pages? the only good that can think of, other then the detail is it'll me more then a few days to read it...
    Brisingr was 747 pages exactly excluding the pronunciation/author notes/translations from ancient, dwarven, etc. language. It took him about two years to write that (and don't forget that based on the fact that this was meant to be a trilogy, he probably wrote a hundred or so pages for the next book before even releasing Brisingr). It's been about two years since Brisingr was made. Henceforth, I hardly think that a thousand is a bad guess considering that he jumped from about four to five hundred pages in Eragon to six to seven hundred in Eldest to having that many (747) in Brisingr. This last book is going to be very long without a doubt.
     
         

  16. #16
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Posts
    15,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Can't wait for the book, the more time it takes the better it is, read something else while you wait.

    Rothfuss is a good writer if you don't have anything yourself
     
         

  17. #17
    Deidara...'s Avatar
    Status
    Deidara... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    Brisingr was 747 pages exactly excluding the pronunciation/author notes/translations from ancient, dwarven, etc. language. It took him about two years to write that (and don't forget that based on the fact that this was meant to be a trilogy, he probably wrote a hundred or so pages for the next book before even releasing Brisingr). It's been about two years since Brisingr was made. Henceforth, I hardly think that a thousand is a bad guess considering that he jumped from about four to five hundred pages in Eragon to six to seven hundred in Eldest to having that many (747) in Brisingr. This last book is going to be very long without a doubt.
    i agree with you completely. we complain about the wait but his books are more than worth it. the magic system is so detailed complex and every character gets to be developed. i hope it's 1000 pages plus
     
         

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Status
    ~Hasashi~ is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    >_> I am going to have to re-read brisinger before read the new one (whenever it comes out). I can barely remember the names and I only roughly remember the storyline.
     
         

  19. #19
    Deidara...'s Avatar
    Status
    Deidara... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    same here, it was a good book, but as liliana said, it just wasnt memorable
     
         

  20. #20
    hokage ~Rerrando~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Rerrando~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Who cares...........
    Posts
    4,898
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Iseris... View Post
    same here, it was a good book, but as liliana said, it just wasnt memorable
    from what you every1 says about Brisingr i hope its not that boring..
     
         

  21. #21
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rerrando~ View Post
    from what you every1 says about Brisingr i hope its not that boring..
    It's not that bad. Like I said, I enjoyed it. It just wasn't as action-packed as the other two books. It didn't really involve many brand new things or too many surprises. A lot of it is him running back to places that we've already seen. Barely any new aspects were brought into the story.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Hasashi~ View Post
    >_> I am going to have to re-read brisinger before read the new one (whenever it comes out). I can barely remember the names and I only roughly remember the storyline.
    More than most likely, within the next few months, I'll be re-reading all three books lol. =/
     
         

  22. #22
    Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife...or not
    Posts
    17,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Rerrando, I don't read boring books
    They aren't memorable and I don't think I'll re-read them, but they aren't boring
     
         

  23. #23
    Deidara...'s Avatar
    Status
    Deidara... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Iseris... View Post
    same here, it was a good book, but as liliana said, it just wasnt memorable
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
    Rerrando, I don't read boring books
    They aren't memorable and I don't think I'll re-read them, but they aren't boring
    will you be reading the 4th installment?
     
         

  24. #24
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    Posts
    5,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    I was somewhat disappointed with the series though. Although the Inheritance cycle had a lot of potential (dragons and everything), it had a lot of parts which was badly written and it had so many similarities with another series they came way before it, so much it was borderline plagiarism, Like Liliana, I'm also the type of person who finishes books until the end. So I'll read Paolini's next book, just not really looking forward to it.
     
         

  25. #25
    Deidara...'s Avatar
    Status
    Deidara... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    I was somewhat disappointed with the series though. Although the Inheritance cycle had a lot of potential (dragons and everything), it had a lot of parts which was badly written and it had so many similarities with another series they came way before it, so much it was borderline plagiarism, Like Liliana, I'm also the type of person who finishes books until the end. So I'll read Paolini's next book, just not really looking forward to it.
    when you say plagiarism what are you referring to specifically? That's a harsh accusation!
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •