Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    16,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by -NaruKun- View Post
    Wtf is taking paolini so long writing the fourth and last book. It's been fcking 2 years! We don't even know what the name off the book is. And when it's going to be released.. I really like his books, but this is just taking too long. I even forgot what happened at the last book, so I probably have to reread it again. But still, the books remains awesome so I just have to support him. I rather read a book that's awesome, but took too long to write, than a book that sucks but was done writing after 2 months. But two years is like too long, mainly because I read brisingr when it was just released..
    Discuss here the fourth and last book and what you think will happen. I also think it should be named 'eldunari'..
    I read all three of them half a year back in one fell swoop. I remember buying Brisingr because the name and picture looked cool. At home I read that it was the third book so I first had to buy the other 2 books...which took my quite some time

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rerrando~ View Post
    im still reading Eldest ,but i cant wait for the 4th book to be published either....Do you guys think theyre gonna make an Eldest? Cuz, my said they were but i heard they werent so now im confused:confused:
    That was the original intention, but the first movie completely failed (with reason) so they decided not to go further.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
    Not that worthy. I really enjoyed Eragon, and later Eldest. I was expecting a trilogy, but he decided to make it a cycle. I was disappointed, because I despise this sort of publicity scam, just to make more money ( I don't have enough contact with Paolini to be certain it wasn't, so based on the total bore Brisingr was, my opinio remains the same)

    Honestly, I will read the next book because I don't like to leave things unfinished, but I'm not really expecting much of it...
    It has nothing to do with that =/ he was planning to make a trilogy, however while he was writing Brisingr he came to the realisation it would be to much to fit it all in just Brisingr, so he decided to make a fourth book. With other words a lot of parts that were originally intended to be in Brisingr are now going to be in the fourth book. The result was that he had to edit Brisingr too as every book has to have a storyline that builds up to the end, whether it's a trilogy or not, so he had to change things. The climax with the shade at the end of Brisingr was something he added just because he needed something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    I was somewhat disappointed with the series though. Although the Inheritance cycle had a lot of potential (dragons and everything), it had a lot of parts which was badly written and it had so many similarities with another series they came way before it, so much it was borderline plagiarism, Like Liliana, I'm also the type of person who finishes books until the end. So I'll read Paolini's next book, just not really looking forward to it.
    The entire fantasy-genre looks the same as the same things keep repeating themselves: alternative universe, dragons, elfs, dwarfs, some villainous race (orcs, goblins, urgals) etc. though that doesn't make it plagiarism.



    Overall seen I was able to read all the books, so that instantly means it got my imagination going, otherwise I would have stopped reading them. The books had something, however they can't compare to Harry Potter and certainly not to Lord of the Rings. Paolini really just makes it up while writing it. There are a lot of truly weird scene's or twists in the books which are just dull and don't help the story at all.
     
         

  2. #27
    Senior Member Siberia's Avatar
    Status
    Siberia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    I read all three of them half a year back in one fell swoop. I remember buying Brisingr because the name and picture looked cool. At home I read that it was the third book so I first had to buy the other 2 books...which took my quite some time



    That was the original intention, but the first movie completely failed (with reason) so they decided not to go further.



    It has nothing to do with that =/ he was planning to make a trilogy, however while he was writing Brisingr he came to the realisation it would be to much to fit it all in just Brisingr, so he decided to make a fourth book. With other words a lot of parts that were originally intended to be in Brisingr are now going to be in the fourth book. The result was that he had to edit Brisingr too as every book has to have a storyline that builds up to the end, whether it's a trilogy or not, so he had to change things. The climax with the shade at the end of Brisingr was something he added just because he needed something.



    The entire fantasy-genre looks the same as the same things keep repeating themselves: alternative universe, dragons, elfs, dwarfs, some villainous race (orcs, goblins, urgals) etc. though that doesn't make it plagiarism.



    Overall seen I was able to read all the books, so that instantly means it got my imagination going, otherwise I would have stopped reading them. The books had something, however they can't compare to Harry Potter and certainly not to Lord of the Rings. Paolini really just makes it up while writing it. There are a lot of truly weird scene's or twists in the books which are just dull and don't help the story at all.
    I read them all in like 1 month I found them amazing, I've read harry potter and the lord of the rings, and yeah some things in Eragon I think was inspired off the lord of the rings. oromis=gandalf, lethrblaka=Nazgül, orik=Gimli, Arwen=Arya, Sam= Roran, both have a card at the begin off the book and on and on and on... and If it's finally going to be released, I still have to wait until it's translated in dutch -_-
     
         
    Last edited by Siberia; 12-02-2010 at 08:27 PM.

  3. #28
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    16,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by -NaruKun- View Post
    I read them all in like 1 month I found them amazing, I've read harry potter and the lord of the rings, and yeah some things in Eragon I think was inspired off the lord of the rings. oromis=gandalf, lethrblaka=Nazgül, orik=Gimli, Arwen=Arya, Sam= Roran, both have a card at the begin off the book and on and on and on... and If it's finally going to be released, I still have to wait until it's translated in dutch -_-
    I don't know how fast I read them, though it was certainly less than a month. If I'm caught up in a book, I can read like hell. I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 1.5 days

    I read both LotR and Harry Potter, though I wouldn't say that there are much real similarities. Most of them are the ones, as I said before, that are normal for that kind of genre. Sam and Roran barely have anything in common, the only thing Arwen and Arya have in common is that they are both elves on which an important character falls in love with, same goes for Oromis and Gandalf. Eragon is nothing compared to LotR and there aren't real similarities between them. At most Eragon is a very weak version of LotR. When you start searching for similarities you need to watch out that you don't start making comparisons from the viewpoint of "the stories are the same, so there are similarities".

    When reading the books there was only one time I truly felt like something from LotR and I think that was just a coincidence too. Sauron is the highest evil in LotR, he's the "bad guy" still in the books he never made an appearance or even said a word. I mean the entire core of that book is in fact defeating Sauron and he doesn't make a real appearance. It's something completely absurd. There are continuously conflicts between the soldiers and minions of Sauron, but he himself doesn't do anything. In the first two books Galbatorix doesn't make any appearance, they only call him by name. Only at the uttermost end of Brisingr we hear him speaking through Murtag's mouth.
     
         

  4. #29
    Head of D.U.M.B Emperor's Avatar
    Status
    Emperor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Beyond the Fourth Wall.
    Posts
    14,062
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm every kind of demon, kid.
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    I don't know how fast I read them, though it was certainly less than a month. If I'm caught up in a book, I can read like hell. I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 1.5 days

    I read both LotR and Harry Potter, though I wouldn't say that there are much real similarities. Most of them are the ones, as I said before, that are normal for that kind of genre. Sam and Roran barely have anything in common, the only thing Arwen and Arya have in common is that they are both elves on which an important character falls in love with, same goes for Oromis and Gandalf. Eragon is nothing compared to LotR and there aren't real similarities between them. At most Eragon is a very weak version of LotR. When you start searching for similarities you need to watch out that you don't start making comparisons from the viewpoint of "the stories are the same, so there are similarities".

    When reading the books there was only one time I truly felt like something from LotR and I think that was just a coincidence too. Sauron is the highest evil in LotR, he's the "bad guy" still in the books he never made an appearance or even said a word. I mean the entire core of that book is in fact defeating Sauron and he doesn't make a real appearance. It's something completely absurd. There are continuously conflicts between the soldiers and minions of Sauron, but he himself doesn't do anything. In the first two books Galbatorix doesn't make any appearance, they only call him by name. Only at the uttermost end of Brisingr we hear him speaking through Murtag's mouth.
    I read Deathly Hallows in two hours And the entire LotR trilogy in about a day.

    I disagree with Liliana that it's a money making scam, but I have to admit he takes so long I've forgotten really most of the story. I'll have to reread three books before I can read the fourth, and that's such a pain I don't think I will. I'll probably jump right into the fourth and hope I remember who's who.
     
         

  5. #30
    Senior Member Siberia's Avatar
    Status
    Siberia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Antikörper View Post
    I read Deathly Hallows in two hours And the entire LotR trilogy in about a day.

    I disagree with Liliana that it's a money making scam, but I have to admit he takes so long I've forgotten really most of the story. I'll have to reread three books before I can read the fourth, and that's such a pain I don't think I will. I'll probably jump right into the fourth and hope I remember who's who.
    That's like.. Impossible

    Deathly Hallows= 607 pages/120 minutes= 5 pages in a minute -_-
     
         
    Last edited by Siberia; 12-04-2010 at 10:58 PM.

  6. #31
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    16,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by -NaruKun- View Post
    That's like.. Impossible

    Deathly Hallows= 607 pages/120 minutes= 5 pages in a minute -_-
    You got Emp'd! Fallen victim to his sarcasm.
     
         

  7. #32
    Azazel's Avatar
    Status
    Azazel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    16,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.
     



    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    O.O

    Other people are waiting on the last book as well? I've been searching for it as well.

    I actually have to agree with Liliana. I don't really remember too much abot the third book. Except the sword and its making. I remember every detail. Possibly because I had a dream that I was the one doing it because I feel asleep right after reading that part. :D

    I am very upset with how long this is taking. And whats sad is that if I were to pick up the books and start from the beginning, I would be done in less then a week. I read and understand too well too fast. I am incapable of slowing down the reading of something that I thoroughly enjoy. Its inconceivable that an Author would take 2 years to finish off a book.

    Unless Paolini figures that the movie was such a complete let down to the readers that the last book won't be done. Which makes me even more upset. Paolini should have finished the last book and then made it into a series of movies.

    Also, I would like to discuss with Liliana what exactly she meant by "not having enough contact with Paolini" on VM if you like Liliana-Sensei?
     
         

  8. #33
    Senior Member Siberia's Avatar
    Status
    Siberia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    You got Emp'd! Fallen victim to his sarcasm.
    Was that sarcasm? My sarcasm detector must be way off..
     
         

  9. #34
    Member UzumakiClash's Avatar
    Status
    UzumakiClash is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    msn me if ya wanna no
    Posts
    796
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    I agree. What's taking him so long?!
     
         

  10. #35
    Deidara...'s Avatar
    Status
    Deidara... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a Comeback!
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by -NaruKun- View Post
    Was that sarcasm? My sarcasm detector must be way off..
    xD i didn't catch it either, but i did the math and realized he wasn't being serious
     
         

  11. #36
    Senior Member Siberia's Avatar
    Status
    Siberia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Wtf Paolini..

    Quote Originally Posted by Deidara... View Post
    xD i didn't catch it either, but i did the math and realized he wasn't being serious
    >.> maybe it wasn't sarcasm..
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •