Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.

Re: Between this World and the Next

Quote Originally Posted by Taimaidamshoo
    How ironic would it be if Kishi simply doesn't put much thought behind his storytelling as you think and is just plainly focused on telling an entertaining tale. And then here you are slaving over theories and trying to reason out something of pure entertainment that probably won't ever have an official explanation.

Makes me super sigh for these threads if that's the truth.

But A+ for the thought process!
    Well I doubt Kishi is thinking about philosophy exactly the same way we are even remotely. So I agree with you. But the ideas do not come from vacuum. Not normally at least.

The extensive use of mythological symbolism used all over the manga indicates he is familiar of the concept and while creating the verse he is borrowing heavily from it. Description, detailing in art or fiction needs a visualization of how things should be along with skills using the pen to put it on paper. If Kishi is making this up himself and somehow it matches with Buddhist philosophy to this extent then we have a new Buddha on our hand.. That would be just too much. Even Siddhartha used previous existing philosophy as base for his own thoughts.

So we get to have fun while discussing how he is using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post

Thanks! I think you're right, I think Kamui was the reason Obito was able to do so. The thing with Indra/Ashura was that their Chakra/genes were being passed down the ancestry, while Obito was an unique person. So I guess if he wanted he could essentially continue to possess people and never die

Thanks, I like what you mentioned about regarding the Buddhist school of thought. And Bardo reminded me a lot about Hagoromo and how he travels to meet the reincarnates as well. The alleviation of suffering also fits in nicely in allowing the souls to meet up (kak/Sakumo/etc.) to get rid of that burden. Good point

[/FONT]
    I think Obito resolved most of his personal issues so the world is not going to bind him for that long as Indra or Ashura. He returned because he left team 7 and universe in a situation he helped in creating. He chose Kakashi to channelize his chakra because he was connected to him. If these people manage to fix the problem he can move on more easily to next level.

Off topic:

[mini rant]Only disappointment is that whole team 7 got powers handed down to them to keep up except Sakura. Poor girl. She tries so hard but her skills are all her own earning and nothing is ever free for her.[/minirant]

Yeah I ended up reading Bardo for a while yesterday. Sot6P definitely fits in the description. I didn't add more to it because of lack of time to arrange thoughts properly. I guess he couldn't move on leaving his sons in that condition either. His initial interaction with Naruto indicated he had been watching but hadn't been actually been able to find a way to connect till this transmigration.

Last edited by Ira; 08-09-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Activating the Pineal Gland

Very good read, thanks for sharing your theory !

Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It'd be interesting to see Yama developed into something more than a technique. Yama is a deity but in a lot of the legends he starts off as a man. He tends to be more of a subordinate to other deities who have a wider purview over life and death. Naraka or hell is one of the six realms that you can be sent to in the afterlife all of which serve as purgatories as you move along the path towards enlightenment. Hell is the one you go to if you've been really bad but it tends not to be forever.

I wrote something similar on Seishi, Kannon and Amida who I think tie in with a lot of the imagery for other figures. Seishi is a cognate of Shiva and is master of the Naraka, Preta and Animal Realms. If there is a part 3 then I think we'll see a lot more of all the gods / buddhas / bodhisattva.

Good read

BTW - I think that other building from your last thread looks like Wat Arun (it ties in with some of the other imagery in the manga and would serve as a counterbalance to Hagia Sophia) - If the imagery is at all important, that is.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ''Father...I finally
    understand...The freedom of
    being able to
    choose...Your...DEATH...''
    -NEJI HYUGA

Great Theory bro awesome

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    chillin

The references to mythology are nice but not needed. One can simply call where Obito and Kakashi went to Limbo. The explanation for where they went/ who they met/ what they looked like can be explained as their personal desire, not being selected by another power. Since they had strong feelings for a person, if that person was still in limbo, they'd make their way to them naturally.

As for the King of hell, I have strong reason to believe that he dispersed life forces to the individuals and not souls. Pain simply killed all those people, he didn't store their souls. All the King of Hell did was return lifeforces to their bodies and the soul automatically returned to them as a result. If the King of hell kept Kakashi's soul, then he wouldn't have been able to go to Limbo at all.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    I think Obito resolved most of his personal issues so the world is not going to bind him for that long as Indra or Ashura. He returned because he left team 7 and universe in a situation he helped in creating. He chose Kakashi to channelize his chakra because he was connected to him. If these people manage to fix the problem he can move on more easily to next level.

Yeah I ended up reading Bardo for a while yesterday. Sot6P definitely fits in the description. I didn't add more to it because of lack of time to arrange thoughts properly. I guess he couldn't move on leaving his sons in that condition either. His initial interaction with Naruto indicated he had been watching but hadn't been actually been able to find a way to connect till this transmigration.
    Yeah good point, I agree that Obito had solved everything he needed so he could move on as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leinad Sotam View Post
    Very good read, thanks for sharing your theory !
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit Teth View Post
    It'd be interesting to see Yama developed into something more than a technique. Yama is a deity but in a lot of the legends he starts off as a man. He tends to be more of a subordinate to other deities who have a wider purview over life and death. Naraka or hell is one of the six realms that you can be sent to in the afterlife all of which serve as purgatories as you move along the path towards enlightenment. Hell is the one you go to if you've been really bad but it tends not to be forever.

I wrote something similar on Seishi, Kannon and Amida who I think tie in with a lot of the imagery for other figures. Seishi is a cognate of Shiva and is master of the Naraka, Preta and Animal Realms. If there is a part 3 then I think we'll see a lot more of all the gods / buddhas / bodhisattva.

Good read

BTW - I think that other building from your last thread looks like Wat Arun (it ties in with some of the other imagery in the manga and would serve as a counterbalance to Hagia Sophia) - If the imagery is at all important, that is.
    Thank you, and what you said is true which makes me wonder if there are other such figures waiting in the NV as well
    Ah I see those castles, I never really meant to say that they were those specific buildings but just that there's many buildings that look alike them, but this Wat Arun sounds interesting, I'll have to read more about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji 18 View Post
    Great Theory bro awesome
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Floydical View Post
    The references to mythology are nice but not needed. One can simply call where Obito and Kakashi went to Limbo. The explanation for where they went/ who they met/ what they looked like can be explained as their personal desire, not being selected by another power. Since they had strong feelings for a person, if that person was still in limbo, they'd make their way to them naturally.

As for the King of hell, I have strong reason to believe that he dispersed life forces to the individuals and not souls. Pain simply killed all those people, he didn't store their souls. All the King of Hell did was return lifeforces to their bodies and the soul automatically returned to them as a result. If the King of hell kept Kakashi's soul, then he wouldn't have been able to go to Limbo at all.
    I usually include the myths just as some extra stuff, but I see what you mean. I also pondered whether its pure desire that allowed Obito to meet Rin, and I thought perhaps a little of both desire and Yama, but what you said could be true as well.

Regarding the King of Hell I meant that he is capable of such but yes I agree with you that he returned their life-forces, I just feel he's capable of much more

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taking a long break from NB

The amount of historical references, you give in your threads never cease to amaze me. :Claps:

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

VIZ Scans (Credits to iNoto) confirms some of my suspicions, will add this to the OP

Obito confirms him and Rin are meeting in an area that will allow them to move on to the next world.

Obito confirms that he is about to go on to the next world again with Kakashi

Chakra was the medium to exploit to link the worlds (referred here as energy)

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Very interesting and compelling theory.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAGE of THE HIDDEN LEAF

Nice theory, Took some time to read it but it is good. This theory can come true partly.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Amaterasu View Post
    Very interesting and compelling theory.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny335704 View Post
    Nice theory, Took some time to read it but it is good. This theory can come true partly.
    Thanks

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user doesn't even know
    how to Status, #henrikisevil

Ok, I read your thread..And in a way or another I agree with the connections you put. The links are close to perfectly done. And this might even be the most possible reason. But I have my own theory of this, that I will be making once I fully return. So you can see my points. The fact that I will make the thread, that my thoughts are simply to enormous to be expressed in a simple comment.

IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Interesting. However, I thinking adding in your assumptions on "moving on" and Yama or whatever was a bit farfetched.
    Nothing farfetched was even remotely brought up
    verything connected either literally,fireguratively or symbolically

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Amazing read that adds a whole new layer of depth to the series and gives me soemthing else to ponder about
    You made the expansive universe even larger yet connected more than ever.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Quote Originally Posted by Floydical View Post

Kabuto already mentioned durin the naruto/bee vs nahato/itachi fight that nagato was going to store their souls

Not life force which is only but one half of the soul

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Pāths View Post
    Ok, I read your thread..And in a way or another I agree with the connections you put. The links are close to perfectly done. And this might even be the most possible reason. But I have my own theory of this, that I will be making once I fully return. So you can see my points. The fact that I will make the thread, that my thoughts are simply to enormous to be expressed in a simple comment.
    Sure thing man, link me when you finish it
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    Amazing read that adds a whole new layer of depth to the series and gives me soemthing else to ponder about
    You made the expansive universe even larger yet connected more than ever.
    Thanks man
    I was watching some of the old anime last night and noticed that they colored the King of Hell's flames just like the flames within the Uzumaki's Mask Hall. I'll upload pictures of it later to show as well.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm bumping this because the latest chapter showed that Hagoromo was able to call the souls of the Past Kage back from the Pure Land, further supporting this theory.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12