Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Channel both Light and
    Darkness within you.

Something I find totally irritating with my religion

K I'm Catholic (thought I'd point it out) and there is this one thing that always pissed me off. Whenever I walked into church, I would come in with sweatpants and a nice clean T-Shirt. Nothing wrong with that right? Wrong. According to Catholic teachers I would have on Sunday (I'm so happy I'm done with that BS), wearing sweatpants is disrespectful. Yes Yes wearing clothing is so horrible please punish me. I would also get multiple stares (some very hideous) from people sitting down. And I think I'll just point out how a majority of them were Latino. I thought it was preached to not judge other people.

Another thing I discussed a long time ago was about how sometimes I would come late to mass by like 5-10 Minutes. Yet all these people tell me to not come at all if I'm not going to "respect" the lord. I thought coming to mass was my way to respect him? I didnt know coming late was such a huge sin. Heck they should be grateful I came at all. This is the other thing that always Irritates me

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need advice tell me ill help
    you out

Re: Something I find totally irritating with my religion

im Catholic as well but i don't go to church

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    LogicBase

Ikr that always happens to me too

Status
    Aug 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Wow. That's one of the reasons I created my theory on religion.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by 90sKids98 View Post
    K I'm Catholic (thought I'd point it out) and there is this one thing that always pissed me off. Whenever I walked into church, I would come in with sweatpants and a nice clean T-Shirt. Nothing wrong with that right? Wrong. According to Catholic teachers I would have on Sunday (I'm so happy I'm done with that BS), wearing sweatpants is disrespectful. Yes Yes wearing clothing is so horrible please punish me. I would also get multiple stares (some very hideous) from people sitting down. And I think I'll just point out how a majority of them were Latino. I thought it was preached to not judge other people.

Another thing I discussed a long time ago was about how sometimes I would come late to mass by like 5-10 Minutes. Yet all these people tell me to not come at all if I'm not going to "respect" the lord. I thought coming to mass was my way to respect him? I didnt know coming late was such a huge sin. Heck they should be grateful I came at all. This is the other thing that always Irritates me
    apparently it is disrespectful to be free.

The First Horseman patrickscott's Avatar
    Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God and Stay Humble. :)

I'm Catholic too, but I usually dress nice that's just how my grandmother tought me to be. I don't think there should be a specific way to dress though, as long as you go to praise god and hear the gospel really.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to be a naruto
    character. I would be sakura
    ♥. #SakuraForever

What dose being Latino have anything to do with this? I mean really

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    "In our culture, the
    phenomena known as emotion is
    considered a mental
    disorder." — Kyubey

Well, when you go looking for a job you get dressed up, when you go to court you get dressed up, when you go to meet your girlfriends parents you might get dressed up. Its a way of showing respect, I mean if you really see him as the almighty Creator I think its not too much to ask that you would put on some nice clothes to show that you care about and respect him.

If you pull that kinda thing in court the judge would probably have u thrown out.

Last edited by Shiro Yaksha; 08-25-2014 at 03:10 AM.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That's pretty ****in disrespectful, not gonna lie. Just dress nice, its not hard.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

So people go into Catholic Churches Naked?

Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user doesn't give a shit

Catholicism is awesome. You get wine and a little cookie. Best religion. Personally, I don't believe in God I go for the cookies

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    People live their lives bound
    by what they accept as correct
    and true. That’s how they
    define “reality”. But what
    does it mean to be
    “correct” or “true”?
    Merely vague concepts… their
    “reality” may all be a
    mirage.

I'm Catholic but I just believe you should try to be a good person and treat others well nothing else matter

Status
    May 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well idk i was raised christian i go in my basketball shorts n tshirt
    i get the same reaction u do but from caucasians n they dnt spare the time 2 try n speak 2 me
    i agree with u personally u could wear ur pants backward it wont change ur connection 2 god shit he created us naked

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Eh, last time I went to church, I didn't know what I was doing but I got first in line for the wine and cracker. Priest got all pissed because I said "thanks" when I took the cracker and then walked away and ate it. I was getting out of the way for other people to go get their food and drink.

The Priest almost followed me and was ticked off looking the whole night, apparently it was a big spectacle. Haven't been back since that, don't really want the tradition if the Priest is going to get all pissy because I've never been to church before.

I say either ignore their criticism, dress nice, or stop going. Whichever is your preference My experience: If you stick out in any way, you're probably going to get the death stare and judgmental looks.

Status
    Jul 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hypocrite religion is hypocrite.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real knowledge is to know the
    extent of one's ignorance ~
    Confucius

God would disown you as a child.

But forreal, it should not matter on what you wear. As long as you come there for the lord.

I not a religious person, but that shit dumb anyway. Yes, only because I don't understand.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Honestly, God couldn't give two shits about Mass, much less a third turd about what you're wearing when you're there.

The problem is that most religions have become servants of what/who Revelations calls the Dragon - the Serpent - The Deceiver and Accuser - Beast - etc.

Religions are political constructs of man that develop around certain spiritual faiths. They become little exclusive "heaven is for us" clubs - which is precisely the opposite of what many of the spiritual faiths profess (spare for Islam - they are at least up front with the whole idea of killing the shit out of people who aren't part of the club).

They are subject to all of the forces of our own nature and thus most of them have become fairly corrupt. In the most basic of ways - many people use them as I said earlier - as 'clubs' where people get to tell God how his heaven is supposed to work and who is supposed to be there and who isn't. Few of them ever stop to consider that God might just let the people they don't like into Heaven, as well, and the 'judgment' being whether or not they can get over their own arrogance.

Which is how the Deceiver works. Convince people they should tell God what to do and how to do it rather than to listen to God for guidance.

Then, when those who follow the Deceiver fail - it's obviously because you weren't on board with the whole "overthrow God" plan. If only you would have joined in, then they wouldn't have failed. Shame on you.

You can see this pattern of behavior permeating our society. It's even become a part of our culture in the West - do what is 'fair' as opposed to what is practical; focus on how things should be as opposed to how they are. Then, never seek to understand the cause of failures, simply seek another to blame. Your failure was their fault. They held you back.

The Third Age of Man is coming to a close and the foundation of the Fourth Age is being poured. The events of the next few years will shape the course of human history for the next thousand years or longer.

Keyblade Master KistuneFlashXlll's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah bro what's wrong with being "Latino" I'm Hispanic man, and I'm catholic. It's like would you go to a job interview in sweats? A funeral? A wedding? That's pretty a pretty stupid question dude sorry. You want to dress respectful not like you just got out of bed.

Shaken not Stirred SusanooKyuubi's Avatar
    Status
    May 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I fear not the man who
    has practiced 10,000 kicks
    once, I fear the man who has
    practice one kick 10,000
    times."
    -Bruce Lee

Well, it must vary iglesia por iglesia...sorry, just came from a hot thread......... from church to church, since I'm Latino, part of Catholic faith, and I live in Georgia (Can't get anymore conservative than that) yet I've never had such a problem in gatherings and such.

Plus you complain about that? There are much more important things about religion you should concern yourself about.

Status
    Jun 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

LOL, I don't think God minds what you wear, he isn't a fashion designer, (I'm Catholic to BTW),

But being late is not good, try to be on time if you can

Status
    Aug 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Wow they don't sound very "catholic". But you should remember that it only matters about how you feel about your religion, they don't decide what's disrespectful in Catholicism.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Frying patties in the Krusty
    Krab. Baking dough in the
    Krispy Kreme. Eating Piattos
    at home.

I simply wear clean denim pants and long sleeves. No one cares.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no such thing as true
    peace,there is no such thing
    as hope and it's a biggest
    deception of all

Just shed away your religion then. I only believe in Lord Krishna and his philosophies and don't worship any god. He said, one should either believe in himself/herself or god, not both, and should just do his/her work without any selfish motives.

Status
    Jul 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Team7 rules!! :D

Just like going to work, be on time.

Regarding clothes, smart casuals would be fine.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "God created the Man, and
    everything else is Made in
    China"

I don't think you are a Catholic, you are just pretending to be one. Maybe your true problem is why you were circumcised!! They have violated your human rights. Circumcision should be a choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»