NB Battle Academy Q&A

Post your questions from the battle academy here

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: NB Battle Academy Q&A

This may be a noob battle question or not, but here it goes:

A person attacks you with Intense pain, then you defend with Water Style: Typhoon Water Vortex, what would the result be? The reason im confused is:

1. would the wind power the water jutsu or increase the power of fire
    2. people say the water wouldnt continue to attack the opponent due to the water evaporates, even though water has the element advantage.

Here are the jutsu just in case:

(Suiton: Gufuu Suika) - Water Style: Typhoon Water Vortex
    Type: Attack/Defence
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra cost: 30
    Damage Points: 60
    Description: ‘Wind Style: Rasengan’ and ‘Water Style: Destruction Torrent’ combo that makes a tornado of water that can be used to attack or defend. Can also be used to drown out wind and fire combos (no water source required).

(Katon: Zukokku) - Fire Style: Intense Pain
    Type: Offense
    Range: Short/Mid
    Chakra Cost: 30
    Description: A huge burst of fire that turns into a huge fireball and can cover a large area, burning all in its path.

Cheers

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark king View Post
    This may be a noob battle question or not, but here it goes:

A person attacks you with Intense pain, then you defend with Water Style: Typhoon Water Vortex, what would the result be? The reason im confused is:

1. would the wind power the water jutsu or increase the power of fire
    2. people say the water wouldnt continue to attack the opponent due to the water evaporates, even though water has the element advantage.

Here are the jutsu just in case:

Description: ‘Wind Style: Rasengan’ and ‘Water Style: Destruction Torrent’ combo that makes a tornado of water that can be used to attack or defend. Can also be used to drown out wind and fire combos (no water source required).

(Katon: Zukokku) - Fire Style: Intense Pain
    Chakra Cost: 30
    Description: A huge burst of fire that turns into a huge fireball and can cover a large area, burning all in its path.

Cheers

the wind will help supplement the power of the water. In fact, Typhoon Water Vortex can cancel out Intense Pain even when it is paired with an A-ranked wind technique.

Typhoon water vortex is a B-ranked water combined with an A-ranked Wind which is capable of negating an A-ranked fire combined with and A-ranked wind because of water's advantage over fire

the wind paired with the water has a cooling effect, like with Ice, so the wind in fact strengthens the water instead of strengthening the opponents fire.

Last edited by Scary Yamato; 12-07-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I have a question, if I may, about techniques such as:

and

(Raiton: Horyu Raika no Jutsu) – Lightning Release: Discharge Lightning Calamity Technique
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Mid
    Chakra cost: 20
    Damage points: 40
    Description: The user will create a field of water under the opponent before shocking them with a lightning attack.

The general argument is that these jutsus take an extremely large amount of time to be used, as they must be used step by step because you cannot channel more than one type of chakra at a time.

This is wrong, isn't it? Chakra itself has no natural affinity aside from whichever element the User's chakra naturally leans towards. For sake of simplicity, I'll use the first jutsu as an example.

Could I not simply form a Neutral Rasengan and a Neutral variant of Destruction Torrent in each of my hands, and then simply convert the chakra in each to their respective elements (Fuuton and Suiton), and proceed to use the jutsu?

If not, how would I actually go about using these - the common argument, again, is that these jutsu take too long of a time when used by a single person.

(P.S. I think this Battle Academy is a great idea. ^_^ Gives newer members and members like me [who were never to great at the RP to begin with] a chance to learn a few tips.)

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KeotsuEclipse View Post
    I have a question, if I may, about techniques such as:

and

(Raiton: Horyu Raika no Jutsu) – Lightning Release: Discharge Lightning Calamity Technique
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Mid
    Chakra cost: 20
    Damage points: 40
    Description: The user will create a field of water under the opponent before shocking them with a lightning attack.

The general argument is that these jutsus take an extremely large amount of time to be used, as they must be used step by step because you cannot channel more than one type of chakra at a time.

This is wrong, isn't it? Chakra itself has no natural affinity aside from whichever element the User's chakra naturally leans towards. For sake of simplicity, I'll use the first jutsu as an example.

Could I not simply form a Neutral Rasengan and a Neutral variant of Destruction Torrent in each of my hands, and then simply convert the chakra in each to their respective elements (Fuuton and Suiton), and proceed to use the jutsu?

If not, how would I actually go about using these - the common argument, again, is that these jutsu take too long of a time when used by a single person.

(P.S. I think this Battle Academy is a great idea. ^_^ Gives newer members and members like me [who were never to great at the RP to begin with] a chance to learn a few tips.)
    Typhoon Water Vortex
    This is a good one to discuss. just because it takes naruto a long time to form a rasengan doesnt mean it takes everyone a long time to form it. Kakashi and Jaraiya can form it quick and with one hand. Yamato can use both water and earth simultaneously
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/316/7
    but thats KG and a whole different story

getting back to it, each technique should be relatively quick to form. form the destruction torrent first. I dont think it requires seals, but in case it does you want both hands free to do that, amirite? Anyway form the torrent then form the rasengan. the rasengan should be formed with futon chakra. them clap them together and watch the show. Wind increases the concussive force of the water. So its Bam Bam Clap... I would expect the whole thing to last about 2 seconds to form if you think about it realistically, which should be enough time to block wind fire combos

Discharge Lightning Calamity Technique
    this was originally a two person combination technique. Obviously it will take some time for the water to form but I dont know the exact timing. The move is from Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 (game). find a youtube vid of it for exact timing

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a scale of Flappy Bird to
    Dark Souls, how filthy casual
    are you?

Regarding Scarface's and Riku's problem over the Bio Test.
    (Raiton: Jūrokuchū Shibari) – Lightning Release: Sixteen-Pillar Bind
    Type: Supplementary
    Range: Short – Mid
    Damage points: 60
    Description: After performing the needed hand seals the user will create a even more powerful version of lightning release: four pillar bind, the user creates sixteen giant pillars, which then form a giant oven to trap the enemy. It is often used after Earth Release: Mud Fall to cover the enemy target in mud and then follow up with using Fire release: Firing Biscuit, creating flames in the oven to roast and harden the mud, immobilizing the enemy.

Scarface argues that this takes a reasonable amount of time to use as you need two sets of handseals, however, Riku argues that in the anime, it was done extremely fast.
    Then, Scarface says that you need two people to do it that fast...

I'm not sure what their exact argument was, but I'm throwing up this jutsu and I would like an indirect idea of how long it would take to actually use this jutsu.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I was wondering if this jutsu could create spikes ?

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Style Technique
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage Points: 20
    Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

and also i would like to know this following jutsu(below)
    how fast it can be perform ? as in does it take up a lot of time ?

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
    Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 15
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by -Tenzo- View Post
    Regarding Scarface's and Riku's problem over the Bio Test.
    (Raiton: Jūrokuchū Shibari) – Lightning Release: Sixteen-Pillar Bind
    Range: Short – Mid
    Damage points: 60
    Description: After performing the needed hand seals the user will create a even more powerful version of lightning release: four pillar bind, the user creates sixteen giant pillars, which then form a giant oven to trap the enemy. It is often used after Earth Release: Mud Fall to cover the enemy target in mud and then follow up with using Fire release: Firing Biscuit, creating flames in the oven to roast and harden the mud, immobilizing the enemy.

Scarface argues that this takes a reasonable amount of time to use as you need two sets of handseals, however, Riku argues that in the anime, it was done extremely fast.
    Then, Scarface says that you need two people to do it that fast...

I'm not sure what their exact argument was, but I'm throwing up this jutsu and I would like an indirect idea of how long it would take to actually use this jutsu.

having not seen the anime in which this jutsu was used, I cannot give a difinitive answer. however, the scale of the jutsu is quite large so it would take time to form, but the length of time needed for it to form vs how much time is needed to escape is still not known. normally this jutsu is used after coating the enemy in mud, which buys you some time to use it. if you dont distract the enemy then I wouldnt expect this jutsu to be 100% effective. I would say, pulling this number from my absolute most subjective way of thinking about, it should take anywhere from 3-5 seconds to form at its FASTEST. I could be slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiyuki View Post
    I was wondering if this jutsu could create spikes ?

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Style Technique
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage Points: 20
    Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

and also i would like to know this following jutsu(below)
    how fast it can be perform ? as in does it take up a lot of time ?

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
    Range: Long
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach.
    I dont see why it couldnt form spikes. if it can create tools, then we know it can have its form manipulated, so I will say YES, It can form spikes.

As far as hide Like a mole

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/164/7

from this, It appears that it can be used very quickly

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sensei, Hi. Thank you for putting this up. It took me some time to discover it, though. Why isn't it on Sticky?. If not this, at least the NB Battle Academy should be, I think. I do have a lot of questions, I hope you don't mind.

First, is about the time period or more specifically the number of turns that the following jutsus last:

(Kirigakure No Jutsu) - Hidden Mist Jutsu
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user creates a thick, dense mist that covers the surrounding area.

(Suiton: Chakra Kenpa No Ame) - Water Style: Chakra Senseing Rain
    Range: Short-Long
    Description: A down pour of rain will fall and any thing with chakra that it touches the user can sense there location and instantly know there.

Also, can chakra rain detect underground presence? Hiding like a mole leaves a hole so, that probably is how Chakra Rain can detect underground presence? Or is it because water seeps through earth?

Second, is about concentrating my chakra on different areas to form either of the following. [Just one at a time and not a combo of both]. Its like this: My opponent created 3 clones. I then concentrate my chakra on each of the clones - including the orginal - to make stone spikes come out. Or if not, I use Bedrock Coffin to crush them. So, that's like concentrating my chakra in 4 different areas.

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Style: Bedrock Coffin
    Range: Mid/Long
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: This jutsu allows the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

(Doton: Ganchuusou) - Earth Style: Stone Spikes
    Type: Attack
    Description: The user creates spikes of earth that come up from the ground to stab the enemy.This jutsu can be made in a short or mid distace but the jutsu its self is made of a 6 foot radius of spikes.

Thank you.

Last edited by Nikkou Arashi; 12-25-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

SY sensei, i wonder how many kind of clone can we create maximum ?
    for normal shadow clone was 4..

then what IF i created 4 shadow clone then continued by creating another 1-3 water clone/earth clone or any other clone but not shadow..

is that possible ?

Status
    Jan 2009
    Crazy Fool that Gang Bang, EST 19XX and Stay Lace Up
    Post Thanks / Like
    #BlackFlag #MachineGunKelly
    #Dub-O #Slim #LaceUp #EST19XX

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiyuki View Post
    SY sensei, i wonder how many kind of clone can we create maximum ?
    for normal shadow clone was 4..

then what IF i created 4 shadow clone then continued by creating another 1-3 water clone/earth clone or any other clone but not shadow..

is that possible ?
    Only 4 is the max of any kind of clones unless the jutsu say other ways which it wouldn't be higher then 4.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkou Arashi View Post
    Sensei, Hi. Thank you for putting this up. It took me some time to discover it, though. Why isn't it on Sticky?. If not this, at least the NB Battle Academy should be, I think. I do have a lot of questions, I hope you don't mind.

First, is about the time period or more specifically the number of turns that the following jutsus last:

(Kirigakure No Jutsu) - Hidden Mist Jutsu
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Description: The user creates a thick, dense mist that covers the surrounding area.

(Suiton: Chakra Kenpa No Ame) - Water Style: Chakra Senseing Rain
    Range: Short-Long
    Description: A down pour of rain will fall and any thing with chakra that it touches the user can sense there location and instantly know there.

Also, can chakra rain detect underground presence? Hiding like a mole leaves a hole so, that probably is how Chakra Rain can detect underground presence? Or is it because water seeps through earth?

Second, is about concentrating my chakra on different areas to form either of the following. [Just one at a time and not a combo of both]. Its like this: My opponent created 3 clones. I then concentrate my chakra on each of the clones - including the orginal - to make stone spikes come out. Or if not, I use Bedrock Coffin to crush them. So, that's like concentrating my chakra in 4 different areas.

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Style: Bedrock Coffin
    Range: Mid/Long
    Description: This jutsu allows the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

(Doton: Ganchuusou) - Earth Style: Stone Spikes
    Type: Attack
    Description: The user creates spikes of earth that come up from the ground to stab the enemy.This jutsu can be made in a short or mid distace but the jutsu its self is made of a 6 foot radius of spikes.

Thank you.
    very good questions. Hidden mist justu and chakra senseing rain, both work until the user releases the jutsu or is defeated. Both are kind of a nuisance, and should probably have a turn limit on them. For now all we can do is overcome them.

To answer your question, No, Chakra senseing rain cannot sense you if you are underground. It works by sensing the chakra of the opponent so if it doesnt come in contact with you directly then it doesnt sense you. What I like to do the throw it off is create a forest so that the rain hits the trees filled and cant get a good reading. Of course thats, Mokuton specific but others can use jutsu to create a conopy th protect themselves from the rain.

Now about dealing with those clones. I would say that if they are grouped together (like when they are first summoned) then you can cancentrate your chakra into the area to make your spikes or stone slabs, but once they separate from each other, then you will have to concentrate your chakra on one. I say this because I think those specific jutsu only work by concentrating your chakra into one area, and it has a cenrtain radius.

I hope that helps

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

ok i have 2 questions
    1st as a genin what jutsus do i have although i haven`t been trained yet??

and 2nd please would someone tell me where should i post my bio

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fighting for piece is like
    screwing for virginity ;)

Okey here's my question...can you tell me how this jutsu works because it's very unclear...

Fuuton: Kaze No Yaiba (Wind Style: Wind Blade)

Type:Attack
    Range:Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost:30
    Damage Points:60
    Description: A blade of wind that is unblock able due to wind intangiablitity.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Akisha View Post
    Okey here's my question...can you tell me how this jutsu works because it's very unclear...

Fuuton: Kaze No Yaiba (Wind Style: Wind Blade)

Type:Attack
    Range:Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost:30
    Damage Points:60
    Description: A blade of wind that is unblock able due to wind intangiablitity.
    the description of this attack is very mesleading. it says its unblockable do to its intangibility, but what it means is that the blade of wind is unblockable by another blade (sword) because the wind will just pass right by it. Other wind jutsu can block this wind blade.

This technique is a pinpoint slashing strike, where the user emits chakra from their fingertips and materializes it into an invisible sword that assaults the enemy in a gust of wind and making a slicing sound.

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/092/9

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fighting for piece is like
    screwing for virginity ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    the description of this attack is very mesleading. it says its unblockable do to its intangibility, but what it means is that the blade of wind is unblockable by another blade (sword) because the wind will just pass right by it. Other wind jutsu can block this wind blade.

This technique is a pinpoint slashing strike, where the user emits chakra from their fingertips and materializes it into an invisible sword that assaults the enemy in a gust of wind and making a slicing sound.

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/092/9
    Thank you so much

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How does one win a battle.....as in what marks victory