Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half Lycan Primape Giant....
    Half Canine Monsterous Demon

!!!Warning Major Spoiler!!! Edo Tensi weaknesses Revealed!!!

I couldnt wait for the next manga sooo i looked up spoilers and in the next issue Kabuto reveals to Madra EVERTHING about Edo Tensi. Warning stop reading now if you dont want to be "spoiled"?

Anko: Ugh
    Madara: That woman, it seems she is still alive
    Kabuto: This woman was compatible with Orochimaru-sama’s curse seal, and has some of Orochimaru-sama’s chakra in her body. We can’t kill her yet.
    Madara: That’s no good… Let’s end her life here. This woman has seen the real location of the hide-out and entrance
    Kabuto: There is a need to suck Orochimaru-sama’s chakra for collection while she is alive… You can call my body Orochimaru-sama’s body, if you like… It’s necessary for me to increase my power. If I do that, the power involved in using Edo Tensei will also be stronger, and more importantly… This jutsu uses the body of live humans… That’s why I’m saying to keep this woman alive. It’s beneficial for you, too, to increase our battle power, right? Or am I wrong?
    Madara: A friend today, and enemy tomorrow… Perhaps… It’s possible that something beneficial to you may turn out to be otherwise to me
    Kabuto: It seems that you still do not trust me. So what must I do?
    Madara: Edo Tensei… Does it really use live bodies? Explain that right here. Also, explain everything about that jutsu! Of course, that includes the way to stop it!
    Kabuto glares at Madara: And if I say no?
    Madara: Then you will never get what you desire, and on top of that, that which you desire will change entirely. To your own life!
    Kabuto: (It’d be bad to fight the Rinnegan here… I still have a trump card… I don’t need to rush…) Fine… But there is nobody we can sacrifice here… Since you said not to use this woman
    Madara uses his teleportation thingy and brings forth Fuu and Torune
    Kabuto: These people are, if I remember…
    Madara: Danzou’s dogs. Ever since I caught them, I’ve been using Sharingan to cast a genjutsu on them
    Madara strangles Torune by the neck from behind, and kills Torune by breaking the neck (TN: Ohana is unsure if the neck was broken)
    Kabuto: You have no mercy, do you…
    Madara: Now, the ingredients for your jutsu are ready… Now use this one (Fuu) and use Edo Tensei to ressurect the one I just killed!
    Kabuto puts Anko aside and pulls out a scroll and grabs Torune by the tail: … I’ll say this first, this is classified under Kuchiyose no Jutsu…
    Kabuto stabs a kunai into Torune’s stomach: … Summoning the dead person’s soul from that world, that pure world… Into this world, this impure world (TN: remember that “edo” in Edo Tensei means “impure world”)… For this purpose, you need a portion of the human you wish to resurrect… A fixed amount of his body is required
    There is blood on Kabuto’s face, it looks like he is handling Torune…
    Kabuto: A portion of the body containing personal information (DNA).
    Kabuto places a piece of meat on the scroll + stabs his own hand with a kunai
    Kabuto: Without doing all this, you can’t use Edo Tensei. And those who are not in the pure world… That is, those whose souls are sealed into a different world, they too cannot be ressurected via Edo Tensei
    Once upon a time, Orochimaru-sama tried to Edo Tensei Yondaime, but he failed. This is because he had already been sealed by Shiki Fuujin and his soul in possession of the shinigami. And… When Konoha was attacked… Sandaime Hiruzen also used the same sealing jutsu. And he brought the soul of Shodaime and Nidaime with him, so…
    Madara: In other words, you’re saying that you can’t use Edo Tensei to resurrect any of the kage from Shodaime til Yondaime?
    Kabuto: Yeah… I tried to ressurect a whole lot of people, though… But it’s really difficult to get hold of DNA…
    Kabuto places the scroll on the ground, and the jutsu formula (TN: like alchemy circles in FMA?) appear on the ground
    Kabuto: That’s equivalent to searching for a corpse, you see… If they’re all rotten, I can’t tell who they are. I made a lot of failed ones, too
    Madara: This is the jutsu formula, huh…
    Kabuto links his hands as Fuu who in the center of the jutsu formula begins to writhe
    Fuu: Guaaaaa!
    Kabuto: Like this, a living person becomes a container for the dead person’s soul. And with that, we have the completion of Edo Tensei
    Torune lies there half-dead
    Kabuto: You can even consider this jutsu the greatest and strongest jutsu in all of the Ninja world!
    Torune: Th… This is!?
    Kabuto: Nidaime conceptualized it, Orochimaru-sama completed it. It is the greatest inheritance left to this world!
    Kabuto stabs a kunai with a tag on it into Torune’s head: This tag suppresses its character and makes it such that as long as the person is given any orders, he will have his powers from when he was alive and he will be undying, and become a pawn of mine who listens only to my orders. Of course, rare powers like the Sage of 6 path’s Rinnegan or Itachi’s sharingan are also retained… Just that… I couldn’t find Shisui’s body anywhere, and Jiraiya’s body was in the deep sea, where the water pressure is to great for a human to enter. If you want Danzou’s right eye or Sage of 6 paths Pain and the rest as weapons, first we need their DNA…
    Madara: Don’t get on your high horse just yet…
    Kabuto: … Well whatever… I have enough game pieces…
    Madara: This jutsu is just too convenient… There must be some risk involved
    Kabuto: Kukuku…

as you can see to all those who have been going on and on about Jairaya, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th hokage, they cannot be summoned. btw in the end of the manga Kabuto answers Madras question about there being a risk but thats all im not "spoiling" anymore of the manga.

I just wanted to be the first to let people know Jairaya, and the previous Hokages arent making any Guest Apperances. Sorry guys i was hoping they'd comeback too actually

Senior Comedian Member -The Agent-'s Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: !!!Warning Major Spoiler!!! Edo Tensi weaknesses Revealed!!!

if this spoiler is confirmed... This is what I been trying to tell everyone who said the 4th hokage could be summoned. And that the 3rd didnt really stop it it just simply failed when orochimaru tried...

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't see a weakness in there. Kabuto just said the jutsu holds no harm to the user but when Kabuto unrestricted the mind it gives the summoned a conscience and they can pass on if someone frees the soul, like with Sai's brother and Sasori. Oro turned them into mindless puppets their souls couldn't get freed but they were weaker because they didn't have a passion of fighting. They were mindless.

@-The Agent- reread Minato can't be summoned because his soul is within the death god not in the afterlife, all the hokages can't be summoned because they are in the death god 1-4

Last edited by niblack89; 12-09-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -The Agent- View Post
    if this spoiler is confirmed... This is what I been trying to tell everyone who said the 4th hokage could be summoned. And that the 3rd didnt really stop it it just simply failed when orochimaru tried...
    AGREED..

idk how many times i had to tell people that the souls were sealed and jairayas body was unattainable

but i have to admit deep down i was kinda hoping for Jairaya and the 4th to come back..

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    I don't see a weakness in there. Kabuto just said the jutsu holds no harm to the user but when Kabuto unrestricted the mind it gives the summoned a conscience and they can pass on if someone frees the soul, like with Sai's brother and Sasori. Oro turned them into mindless puppets their souls couldn't get freed but they were weaker because they didn't have a passion of fighting. They were mindless.

@-The Agent- reread Minato can't be summoned because his soul is within the death god not in the afterlife, all the hokages can't be summoned because they are in the death god 1-4
    i meant weakness concerning the fact he cant summon without DNA of the person and fact he cant summon sealed souls. That is a weakness. and its non of my business but you misread what The Agent said and meant.

Senior Comedian Member -The Agent-'s Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post

I was trying to say that but I guess my wording was confusing. but I was trying to tell the people who said that he could be summoned that it was impossible because he was sealed... and that Orochimaru failed when he tried. Hiruzen didn't "stop it" if you get me..

Status
    Jul 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

AT least everyone will stop being stupid and saying "I believe Minato is in the last coffin"

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post
    i meant weakness concerning the fact he cant summon without DNA of the person and fact he cant summon sealed souls. That is a weakness. and its non of my business but you misread what The Agent said and meant.
    Meh, I would hardly consider that a weakness so to speak, that would be more along the lines of a restriction. Kabuto is still capable of getting more than enough powerful ninja to be capable of doing all that he needs to and more within the war.

The only thing that I would consider a weakness of it is that it can seemingly be released by self-fulfillment. However, to find out how someone will consider their lives to have been fulfilled in the midst of battle and then enact it will be... difficult. =/ Unless their fighting someone who happens to know what their life goal was, or at least has a hint to it (which will be the case, no doubt lol).

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This thread wasted my time, Thought it was cool

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Here are the weaknesses.

You need a living corpse to do the ritual.
    You need a significant/large amount of DNA, Tissue, or anything of DNA that belongs to the person you want to summon.
    If the soul is sealed away then there is NO way in summoning them.

Other than that it's kinda a fair technique, but poor kabuto, showing Madara how to do the technique, he just copied it with his sharingan.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    Meh, I would hardly consider that a weakness so to speak, that would be more along the lines of a restriction. Kabuto is still capable of getting more than enough powerful ninja to be capable of doing all that he needs to and more within the war.

The only thing that I would consider a weakness of it is that it can seemingly be released by self-fulfillment. However, to find out how someone will consider their lives to have been fulfilled in the midst of battle and then enact it will be... difficult. =/ Unless their fighting someone who happens to know what their life goal was, or at least has a hint to it (which will be the case, no doubt lol).
    Restriction/weakness smae difference in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kisamexRocks
    Here are the weaknesses.

You need a living corpse to do the ritual.
    You need a significant/large amount of DNA, Tissue, or anything of DNA that belongs to the person you want to summon.
    If the soul is sealed away then there is NO way in summoning them.

Other than that it's kinda a fair technique, but poor kabuto, showing Madara how to do the technique, he just copied it with his sharingan.
    agreed. especially the Madra part

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

So basically your saying that everyone has to seal away their soles to live in Limbo for all eternity to stop Edo Tensei?

Yea, how about no. lmao

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BloodLust Loki View Post
    So basically your saying that everyone has to seal away their soles to live in Limbo for all eternity to stop Edo Tensei?

Yea, how about no. lmao
    no retard. when i said weakness i didnt mean as a form to stop it but as in a limitation. think outside the box

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post
    no retard. when i said weakness i didnt mean as a form to stop it but as in a limitation. think outside the box
    The only limitations are that you need tissue/dna samples or the sould must's be sealed.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kisamexRocks View Post
    The only limitations are that you need tissue/dna samples or the sould must's be sealed.
    yeah that sounds about right...

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

what exactly is the point of making this thread if we already got the info on Edo tensei's limitations from actually reading the manga. you are just saying the same thing .

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    getting really baked.

if the 4th came he could prolly win the war on his own lol