Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "shapeless, formless, be
    water my friend."

Useless Elders

People, what's the purpose of that old hag and potato sack called the elders??
    Besides Danzou, what do those guys are supposed to do? It doesn't seem that they either think much or have any fighting abilities at all

am I missing a shonen jump to read?

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Useless Elders

They´re generally advisors of the Hokage but they don´t have any complete power over Konoha.Their fighting abilities just haven´t been seen yet but they´re at least Jounin rank both of them.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by veggetta13 View Post
    Besides Danzou, what do those guys are supposed to do? It doesn't seem that they either think much or have any fighting abilities at all

yeah, there useless!

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody cares. :)

They're like the grandparents of Kanohagakure.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Stupid elders are no good

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stealing the show and your
    girlfriend.

i love how just cause they don't fight, they're labeled as 'useless'
    They were former ninja and supposedly strong ones at that but their years caught up to them... Of course they aren't going to go off and do missions on a regular basis >_>
    They're advisors for the Hokage and they have the role to choose whom becomes the next leader as it isn't a democratic nation, their roles are important yet not worth much in the manga context

Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.

Quote Originally Posted by veggetta13 View Post

1.) They mainly act to question the Hokage's decisions and suggest variant solutions. As being elderly, they do have extensive knowledge and probably some contacts in other villages. I believe they were both in Sarutobi's squad under the 2nd Hokage (so pretty aged). However, they really don't seem useful and too old fashioned in thinking (very Machiavelian). They never want Naruto as the Kyuubi jinchuuriki to leave the village, Uchiha massacre, involvement with Danzou, trading Neji's father for sacrifice, etc. They conceded to Tsunade after she physically assaulted them in the Nagato invasion arc. People are trying to move the ninja world forward, but they're holding it back.

2.) I think they need to be replaced by Shikaku and someone else. However the pickings are scarse due to people dying. The manga is heavily centered around the next generation, which is basically the Konoha 11's parents. It was Shikaku and some others like Ino's dad who were in command during the fight between Nagato and Naruto.

3.) I bet they can fight, but nowhere near the level of Danzou or Chiyo. Maybe regular jounin level with depleted chakra, but I bet they're clever like little rats.

4.) I say pull a Jurassic Park, and chain them up outside the Akatsuki base bushes for Sasuke to come and eat them like the T- Rex. It solves tons of problems. We'd get rid of the elders, see Sasuke's EMS, and everyone gets a good laugh in. O.O

Red Lotus of Konohakure DatNinJa's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well we have seen once what elders are capable of when elder of Sand went to rescue Gara. So i think in streght they are all about the same, just their abilities and jutsus differs. And in infuelnce sphere i think they can do a lot becouse they have right to pick next hokage, i'm just not sure why they are allowed to do so much decisions effecting leaf so greatly.

So generally they are not useless, they are just too old to fight so they do all the politics of leaf.

Last edited by DatNinJa; 12-25-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chillin'

I dunno, If I was hokage, I would give them to Sasuke with my own will. Though i dont like Sasuke, but i don't like the elders even more, so they can die anytime anywhere :y

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

THEM BEING ELDERS DOSENT MEAN THEY CANT FIGHT LOOK AT LADY CHIO OF THE sand she was gangsta and a elder

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by senjuwaqas View Post
    Stupid elders are no good
    this sentence is homer simpson style :D

Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.

Quote Originally Posted by GANGSTA KAGE View Post
    THEM BEING ELDERS DOSENT MEAN THEY CANT FIGHT LOOK AT LADY CHIO OF THE sand she was gangsta and a elder
    Quote Originally Posted by DatNinJa View Post
    well we have seen once what elders are capable of when elder of Sand went to rescue Gara. So i think in streght they are all about the same, just their abilities and jutsus differs. And in infuelnce sphere i think they can do a lot becouse they have right to pick next hokage, i'm just not sure why they are allowed to do so much decisions effecting leaf so greatly.

So generally they are not useless, they are just too old to fight so they do all the politics of leaf.
    Elder Chiyo was in charge of the entire puppet division in her prime and developed that reanimation jutsu, whereas all we've seen out of the elders was a brief glimpse of them in a Danzou flashback. Sasori would've destroyed Chiyo if Sakura wasn't there and ended up killing her anyway.

I think that Sarutobi and Danzou were the studs of that group, and the current elders were nothing special. Granted, I know very little about them to say you're wrong as they could actually be decent.

Regarding the Hokage selection process, it doesn't seem like they're terribly involved. They didn't choose Jiriaya, Sarutobi did, and they were just carrying out his will. Shikaku nominated Kakashi for Hokage, but to be fair, who knows where the elders were after the destruction.

They're a necessary counter-point to the Hokage, but these particular elders aren't very useful with this Hokage, Lady Tsunade.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    My god, my heart can' take all
    these feels.

Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post
    1.) They mainly act to question the Hokage's decisions and suggest variant solutions. As being elderly, they do have extensive knowledge and probably some contacts in other villages. I believe they were both in Sarutobi's squad under the 2nd Hokage (so pretty aged). However, they really don't seem useful and too old fashioned in thinking (very Machiavelian). They never want Naruto as the Kyuubi jinchuuriki to leave the village, Uchiha massacre, involvement with Danzou, trading Neji's father for sacrifice, etc. They conceded to Tsunade after she physically assaulted them in the Nagato invasion arc. People are trying to move the ninja world forward, but they're holding it back.

2.) I think they need to be replaced by Shikaku and someone else. However the pickings are scarse due to people dying. The manga is heavily centered around the next generation, which is basically the Konoha 11's parents. It was Shikaku and some others like Ino's dad who were in command during the fight between Nagato and Naruto.

3.) I bet they can fight, but nowhere near the level of Danzou or Chiyo. Maybe regular jounin level with depleted chakra, but I bet they're clever like little rats.

4.) I say pull a Jurassic Park, and chain them up outside the Akatsuki base bushes for Sasuke to come and eat them like the T- Rex. It solves tons of problems. We'd get rid of the elders, see Sasuke's EMS, and everyone gets a good laugh in. O.O
    dude, you have the best ideas ever.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    My god, my heart can' take all
    these feels.

though this may be true...

Quote Originally Posted by SKTupac View Post
    I dunno, If I was hokage, I would give them to Sasuke with my own will. Though i dont like Sasuke, but i don't like the elders even more, so they can die anytime anywhere :y
    i have to agree with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enemy View Post
    They're like the grandparents of Konahagakure.
    you misspelled it, though i have to agree.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get rdy for rape all night
    long

politics sucks

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    getting really baked.

yea the elders are useless all they do is cause problems they never actually solve anything

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I would say.. Go ahead and hand them over to Sasuke.. They do seem to be completely useless. I haven't seen anything good come from them.. Maybe Sasuke would become sane again after killing them all.

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I like the way you think there with Sasuke playing T-rex with his EMS

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah the elders are pretty much useles.
    The should be replaced.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get rdy for rape all night
    long

Send the Elders first in battlefield and do some good.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmolo View Post
    Send the Elders first in battlefield and do some good.
    Now that is a good idea...

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele311 View Post
    Now that is a good idea...
    +1

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "shapeless, formless, be
    water my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by Aotsuki Katsumi View Post
    They´re generally advisors of the Hokage but they don´t have any complete power over Konoha.Their fighting abilities just haven´t been seen yet but they´re at least Jounin rank both of them.
    nice start

Quote Originally Posted by JR4040 View Post
    yeah, there useless!
    that explains totally how I feel about them..must probably Kishi will make me eat my words up in 2 years or so

Rep coming your way..yeah, that's what I mean, if they're elders or whatever they have never, ever proven their value, I'm tired of seeing flashes of them behaving like *******s. They're not worth of my respect

Nice argument, mine is that wh have never ever even got a slight flash, minimum glimpse of what they do, and yeah, we have seen them being ass holes

Last edited by veggetta13; 12-27-2010 at 02:42 PM.