Page 2 of 4 « First 1234 Last»
Results 21 to 40 of 65
  1. #21
    Senior Member Cyborg's Avatar
    Status
    Cyborg is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,768
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    so you are saying that if you parents were killed and you had a godfather somewhere you wouldn't want him there with you? You would want to be completely alone while people persecute you and call you a moster? You wouldn't need any sort of support system?

    People keep saying it will cause trouble. what kind of trouble? no one has answered that question yet.

    Minato had many enemies who would have targeted naruto needlessly, besides i did'nt say that about the trouble bit, the manga did which i quoted.
     
         

  2. #22
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    it's something I've found a bit of a loophole for a very long time. I don't really find it weird that Jiraiya wasn't there when Naruto was young, however I do find it weird how they met.

    I mean Minato already predicted more or less the current situation in the manga 16 years ago (that a war with Madara was going to be fought) so Jiraiya has been investigating that all that time. He was the truly the first line in the entire matter, he got the most information about Akatsuki. On top of that he also investigated Orochimaru, who then also went into Akatsuki. Then you need to add to that that it was prophesied that he was going to take a long journey (or pretty much ordered to do so).
    He just didn't had time for that. Also seen from his point of view he knew that the 3rd hokage would keep an eye on him. There wasn't any need to start teaching him from the age of a baby, I mean all the ninja first go to the academy, so it's not really weird for Jiraiya letting Naruto just do the academy and such, with other word the basic ninja training like anyone else.

    What I find weird is Jiraiya's reactions when he first met Naruto. I mean it was a complete coincidence. Jiraiya was just training him because he knocked out Naruto's sensei. Even when Jiraiya knew who Naruto exactly was he didn't show much interest. I mean if you see the kid that's named after you for the first time (in a way) and you're his godfather it's quite a weird reaction.
    LOL thats what I find funny. Thats what I like about you Cali. You always show your opinion, backed by evidence, but still can be subjective. Everyone else here is like ,"what!!!1! J-main was a saint. DIE BY FIRE!!!! >.< "


    I understand his reasons for not being there. I'm just playing devil's advocate here because I found it funny. I didn't realize how many people would be so serious about it... so I have to press on now. ^_^
     
         

  3. #23
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by cyborg View Post

    Minato had many enemies who would have targeted naruto needlessly, besides i did'nt say that about the trouble bit, the manga did which i quoted.
    I know, but it doesnt make much sense. I think it was Kishi's way of covering his tracks after he made Jiraiya Naruto's godfather and then realized that Jiraiyan hasnt been around since forever
     
         

  4. #24
    Senior Member Cyborg's Avatar
    Status
    Cyborg is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,768
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    it's something I've found a bit of a loophole for a very long time. I don't really find it weird that Jiraiya wasn't there when Naruto was young, however I do find it weird how they met.

    I mean Minato already predicted more or less the current situation in the manga 16 years ago (that a war with Madara was going to be fought) so Jiraiya has been investigating that all that time. He was the truly the first line in the entire matter, he got the most information about Akatsuki. On top of that he also investigated Orochimaru, who then also went into Akatsuki. Then you need to add to that that it was prophesied that he was going to take a long journey (or pretty much ordered to do so).
    He just didn't had time for that. Also seen from his point of view he knew that the 3rd hokage would keep an eye on him. There wasn't any need to start teaching him from the age of a baby, I mean all the ninja first go to the academy, so it's not really weird for Jiraiya letting Naruto just do the academy and such, with other word the basic ninja training like anyone else.

    What I find weird is Jiraiya's reactions when he first met Naruto. I mean it was a complete coincidence. Jiraiya was just training him because he knocked out Naruto's sensei. Even when Jiraiya knew who Naruto exactly was he didn't show much interest. I mean if you see the kid that's named after you for the first time (in a way) and you're his godfather it's quite a weird reaction.

    As always, valid points, mr. Caliburn. I agree pretty much completely, about the last paragraph........in all honesty, i don't believe kishi thought that far ahead at that point
     
         

  5. #25
    Substitute Shinigami hollwichi's Avatar
    Status
    hollwichi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    582
    Location
    Chicagoland!
    Sweet Mother, Sweet Mother,
    send your child unto me. For
    the sins of the Unworthy must
    be baptized in Blood and Fear
     

    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    dude your initial argument is ALL based on your opinion and that you think his godfather should have been there. pretty much everyone else here has shown sufficient prrof your wrong...
     
         

  6. #26
    Senior Member Cyborg's Avatar
    Status
    Cyborg is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,768
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    I know, but it doesnt make much sense. I think it was Kishi's way of covering his tracks after he made Jiraiya Naruto's godfather and then realized that Jiraiyan hasnt been around since forever
    For once, i agree with you.....hey man, you can't blame us it was kinda sad when the pervy sage died.
     
         

  7. #27
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,423
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    LOL thats what I find funny. Thats what I like about you Cali. You always show your opinion, backed by evidence, but still can be subjective. Everyone else here is like ,"what!!!1! J-main was a saint. DIE BY FIRE!!!! >.< "


    I understand his reasons for not being there. I'm just playing devil's advocate here because I found it funny. I didn't realize how many people would be so serious about it... so I have to press on now. ^_^
    Lmao nothing more boring than stating dry facts.

    the thing I've wondered the most is who brought up Naruto? I mean ok I can accept that he has been living on ramen every morning, midday and evening, but don't tell me he did that when he was a baby? Someone must have raised him when he was a kid, so I find it weird that Iruka was the first person he bonded with. What about the person who raised him as a baby? Even if that person was terrified, wouldn't that have been worth some mentioning?

    I smell a plothole. Somehow the Kyuubikid survived on ramen from day one.
     
         

  8. #28
    Senior Member +BLOODsilent+'s Avatar
    Status
    +BLOODsilent+ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    16,775
    Location
    Peeing in the north pole....santa keeps watching me 0_0
    God!!!!.......There is no God
    in this forsaken Hell hole....
     

    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    jiraya is a legend and he was told not to come into naruto's life until kakashi was done with train and taking care for him....which he did he then they left the village and shippuden came to part....

    he's a *** a** pervert but not a bumm.... :D
     
         

  9. #29
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by hollwichi View Post
    dude your initial argument is ALL based on your opinion and that you think his godfather should have been there. pretty much everyone else here has shown sufficient prrof your wrong...
    :confused: How can I be wrong if it's MY OPINION.

    It's all a matter of values. what you view as "proof" is merely people's differing opinion as to what is more important.
     
         

  10. #30
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    Lmao nothing more boring than stating dry facts.

    the thing I've wondered the most is who brought up Naruto? I mean ok I can accept that he has been living on ramen every morning, midday and evening, but don't tell me he did that when he was a baby? Someone must have raised him when he was a kid, so I find it weird that Iruka was the first person he bonded with. What about the person who raised him as a baby? Even if that person was terrified, wouldn't that have been worth some mentioning?

    I smell a plothole. Somehow the Kyuubikid survived on ramen from day one.
    I know right! He must have been suckling from the 9-tails' teat the whole time.

    Quote Originally Posted by +BLOODsilent+ View Post
    jiraya is a legend and he was told not to come into naruto's life until kakashi was done with train and taking care for him....which he did he then they left the village and shippuden came to part....

    he's a *** a** pervert but not a bumm.... :D
    I think you are making that up because the two only met by coincidence because of ibizu. Kakashi wasn't even done training naruto by the time they met. Jiraiya just happened to be peeping at girls in the same hotsprings where naruto was training. He could have been using that time to visit his godson. He then took naruto to look after him to keep him safe from trouble... which is what he could have been doing the whole time.
     
         

  11. #31
    Senior Member +BLOODsilent+'s Avatar
    Status
    +BLOODsilent+ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    16,775
    Location
    Peeing in the north pole....santa keeps watching me 0_0
    God!!!!.......There is no God
    in this forsaken Hell hole....
     

    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    I know right! He must have been suckling from the 9-tails' teat the whole time.



    I think you are making that up because the two only met by coincidence because of ibizu. Kakashi wasn't even done training naruto by the time they met. Jiraiya just happened to be peeping at girls in the same hotsprings where naruto was training. He could have been using that time to visit his godson. He then took naruto to look after him to keep him safe from trouble... which is what he could have been doing the whole time.
    :P you think im making that up but when they show minato and jiraya talking jiraya said he would look over him in time when he thinks he's ready... :D
     
         

  12. #32
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by +BLOODsilent+ View Post
    :P you think im making that up but when they show minato and jiraya talking jiraya said he would look over him in time when he thinks he's ready... :D
    was that in the flashback when they tell jiraiya that they are naming thier son after the character in his book?
     
         

  13. #33
    ★☆Knowledge-Seeker☆★ Excitè's Avatar
    Status
    Excitè is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    92,812
    Location
    Naruto Base
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    it's something I've found a bit of a loophole for a very long time. I don't really find it weird that Jiraiya wasn't there when Naruto was young, however I do find it weird how they met.

    I mean Minato already predicted more or less the current situation in the manga 16 years ago (that a war with Madara was going to be fought) so Jiraiya has been investigating that all that time. He was the truly the first line in the entire matter, he got the most information about Akatsuki. On top of that he also investigated Orochimaru, who then also went into Akatsuki. Then you need to add to that that it was prophesied that he was going to take a long journey (or pretty much ordered to do so).
    He just didn't had time for that. Also seen from his point of view he knew that the 3rd hokage would keep an eye on him. There wasn't any need to start teaching him from the age of a baby, I mean all the ninja first go to the academy, so it's not really weird for Jiraiya letting Naruto just do the academy and such, with other word the basic ninja training like anyone else.

    What I find weird is Jiraiya's reactions when he first met Naruto. I mean it was a complete coincidence. Jiraiya was just training him because he knocked out Naruto's sensei. Even when Jiraiya knew who Naruto exactly was he didn't show much interest. I mean if you see the kid that's named after you for the first time (in a way) and you're his godfather it's quite a weird reaction.
    Don't you remember later in the story jiraiya remembered that he was naruto's god father when seeking to the bottom of the sea.

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/382/11

     
         

  14. #34
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Excite View Post
    Don't you remember later in the story jiraiya remembered that he was naruto's god father when seeking to the bottom of the sea.

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/382/11

    I actually provided a page from that flashback in my initial post, which spured the conversation. How do you forget something like that? Thats what I found funny
     
         

  15. #35
    Senior Member +BLOODsilent+'s Avatar
    Status
    +BLOODsilent+ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    16,775
    Location
    Peeing in the north pole....santa keeps watching me 0_0
    God!!!!.......There is no God
    in this forsaken Hell hole....
     

    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    smh
     
         

  16. #36
    220 BigTDogg220's Avatar
    Status
    BigTDogg220 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,462
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    So I was reading random manga chapters and ran across something I had forgotten about...

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/382/11

    Where the hell was Jaraiya while Naruto was growing up? He was Naruto's godfather and he just dissapeared... What a bum
    Yeah I've thought about that as well. Naruto wouldn't have lived with all that ridicule and loneliness if Jiraiya would've just stuck around to raise him. Granted Naruto would be a mega pervert by now if Jiraiya raised him, but it's odd that he just left the village to take care of him.
     
         

  17. #37
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTDogg220 View Post
    Yeah I've thought about that as well. Naruto wouldn't have lived with all that ridicule and loneliness if Jiraiya would've just stuck around to raise him. Granted Naruto would be a mega pervert by now if Jiraiya raised him, but it's odd that he just left the village to take care of him.
    in retrospect, with naruto continuously transforming into a woman, there would have been many akward moments
     
         

  18. #38
    Substitute Shinigami hollwichi's Avatar
    Status
    hollwichi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    582
    Location
    Chicagoland!
    Sweet Mother, Sweet Mother,
    send your child unto me. For
    the sins of the Unworthy must
    be baptized in Blood and Fear
     

    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    :confused: How can I be wrong if it's MY OPINION.

    It's all a matter of values. what you view as "proof" is merely people's differing opinion as to what is more important.
    no because you say he is a deadbeat tho it is proven that he was actually supposed to leave naruto alone in the village with the third and kakashi.
     
         

  19. #39
    Jinbei's Avatar
    Status
    Jinbei is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,217
    Location
    Follow the moaning coming from your mother's room
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    I will have to go against you this time,sensei.
    If jiraiya would have been there, its more than likely naruto wouldn't have become the child of the prophecy or the saviour of the world and all that stuff.What makes naruto so special is his will to never give up,which was created by the fact that he was left alone in the world and nobody wanted him at all,or so he thought.

    Now think about this, if naruto would have felt love and known from jiraiya some important stuff that was just shown recently, for example the fact that he was the fourth's son, its possible naruto would have gone the "I am the fourth's son so i am uber awesome and nobody can defeat me cause i am his son ". Now, if he became like that, he would have given up against haku and die. Let alone the chunin exams.

    What makes naruto also a very "special" character is that since he was once alone, he now understands how people that are lonely feel and thus can help them and say the correct words, for example with inari at the start of the naruto series. If he had known that he was the fourth's, there is no way he would have kept quite and prolly the whole village would have known about it. If everyone became aware of that fact, everyone would have wanted to be his "friend", just like with sasuke and he would have reacted just like sasuke did,he would have acted arrogantly and ignored them. So he wouldn't have any friends, which was shown to be one of the things about naruto that make him a hero.

    After saying all this, if naruto hadn't grown the way he grew, there would be no plot for the story line. That naruto grew up alone was a smart move from kishi.
     
         

  20. #40
    The Pervy Sage's Avatar
    Status
    The Pervy Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    33,587
    Location
    Im not that guy following you
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Jaraiya is a deadbeat

    Scary i hate you for this <_<
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •