View Poll Results: Fight vs. Command

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • More fighting, less commanding

    6 19.35%
  • More commanding, less fighting

    3 9.68%
  • Much fighting, much commanding

    17 54.84%
  • Little fighting, little commanding

    5 16.13%
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Lunacy / Stability TLK's Avatar
    Status
    TLK is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Morbid Fascinations.
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Tsunade's role in the upcoming chapters

    I see a lot of discussion about past hokages, but not so much about the one who should matter the most, all things considered.

    I, personally, have two ideas:


    *Tsunade will play a minor part in the battle against Pain (such as appointing various nin to deal with him), but a major part in the battle against Madara (a much more combative role). Even if Madara for some reason or another isn't after the village itself, I do think he would enjoy getting some revenge at the expense of Hashirama Senju's granddaughter. From what I've gathered in this regard, Tsunade's days may be numbered. In a recent interview with Kishimoto, he stated that "... Sakura has growing up to do, but Rock Lee doesn't", this being in regards to various student-teacher relationships. In the other relationships he discussed, the ones who had growing up to do had lost their teachers. To get a hint like that from the creator himself helps me base this theory all the stronger.

    *Tsunade will play minor parts in both of the above fights, but a major one in regards to a future event in Sakura's life. This one is a little harder to elaborate on, as the best bit of evidence I have is, again from Kishimoto, that Sakura has long since been the manifestation of a 'normal' female, and as such, I don't think she'll experience as big a loss as the other main characters have.

    That's what I have at the moment. I'm favoring the first, although that's in a "one or none" type setting. I think it's entirely possible that it could be both, with the second preceding the first for the most part.
     
         

  2. #2
    Toad Sage Koo's Avatar
    Status
    Koo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    I see a lot of discussion about past hokages, but not so much about the one who should matter the most, all things considered.

    I, personally, have two ideas:


    *Tsunade will play a minor part in the battle against Pain (such as appointing various nin to deal with him), but a major part in the battle against Madara (a much more combative role). Even if Madara for some reason or another isn't after the village itself, I do think he would enjoy getting some revenge at the expense of Hashirama Senju's granddaughter. From what I've gathered in this regard, Tsunade's days may be numbered. In a recent interview with Kishimoto, he stated that "... Sakura has growing up to do, but Rock Lee doesn't", this being in regards to various student-teacher relationships. In the other relationships he discussed, the ones who had growing up to do had lost their teachers. To get a hint like that from the creator himself helps me base this theory all the stronger.

    *Tsunade will play minor parts in both of the above fights, but a major one in regards to a future event in Sakura's life. This one is a little harder to elaborate on, as the best bit of evidence I have is, again from Kishimoto, that Sakura has long since been the manifestation of a 'normal' female, and as such, I don't think she'll experience as big a loss as the other main characters have.

    That's what I have at the moment. I'm favoring the first, although that's in a "one or none" type setting. I think it's entirely possible that it could be both, with the second preceding the first for the most part.
    idk i think she will be forced to fight pain and PROOVE she deserves to be hokage and she will give her life to defend the village buying time for naruto to come and kill pein
     
         

  3. #3
    Sargent QwertyHero's Avatar
    Status
    QwertyHero is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    I see a lot of discussion about past hokages, but not so much about the one who should matter the most, all things considered.

    I, personally, have two ideas:


    *Tsunade will play a minor part in the battle against Pain (such as appointing various nin to deal with him), but a major part in the battle against Madara (a much more combative role). Even if Madara for some reason or another isn't after the village itself, I do think he would enjoy getting some revenge at the expense of Hashirama Senju's granddaughter. From what I've gathered in this regard, Tsunade's days may be numbered. In a recent interview with Kishimoto, he stated that "... Sakura has growing up to do, but Rock Lee doesn't", this being in regards to various student-teacher relationships. In the other relationships he discussed, the ones who had growing up to do had lost their teachers. To get a hint like that from the creator himself helps me base this theory all the stronger.

    *Tsunade will play minor parts in both of the above fights, but a major one in regards to a future event in Sakura's life. This one is a little harder to elaborate on, as the best bit of evidence I have is, again from Kishimoto, that Sakura has long since been the manifestation of a 'normal' female, and as such, I don't think she'll experience as big a loss as the other main characters have.

    That's what I have at the moment. I'm favoring the first, although that's in a "one or none" type setting. I think it's entirely possible that it could be both, with the second preceding the first for the most part.
    *Nods*
    Yea, I think Tsunade is going to die in the near future, which is annoying since I personally like Tsunade a lot.
    I think she's gonna be killed by Pein, but the bit about Madara getting even is a likely scenario.
     
         

  4. #4
    Lunacy / Stability TLK's Avatar
    Status
    TLK is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Morbid Fascinations.
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Quote Originally Posted by Koo View Post
    idk i think she will be forced to fight pain and PROOVE she deserves to be hokage and she will give her life to defend the village buying time for naruto to come and kill pein
    It wouldn't be a stretch to say you're a Jiraiya fan, would it? Let me see if I can convince you that she already has proven her worth.

    Jiraiya was initially asked to be Godaime, right? That being said, don't you think the true benefactor of that title would be able to find someone just as suited for it?

    Jiraiya has said that he has only had two near-death experiences: One with the Kyuubi, and the second with none other than Tsunade. Wouldn't you say that for Tsuande to be elevated to the level of a tailed beast, in some sense, is worthy of being the hokage?

    Finally, wouldn't you agree that to be an equal benefactor of Sarutobi's training would be a pretty good amount of leverage?

    Besides using Jiraiya to prove her worth, the fact that she is touted as the best medic nin in history, as well as the direct descendant of the first two hokages (granddaughter to the first, niece to the second) should also be quite a nod in her favor, right?

    I don't mean to be confrontational, only to give additional perspective on Lady Godaime.
     
         

  5. #5
    Sage Master GriffinofKonoha's Avatar
    Status
    GriffinofKonoha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    In my little theory, Tsunade doesn't fight Pain head-on only sending ninja to fight his 6 bodies. She then fights Sasuke when he comes to attack Konoha and Sasuke defeats her but is going to spare her but then Madara swoops in and delivers the fatal blow and says something like, " At last i get my revenge against the senju clan. The uchiha will always be the greatest clan." something like that.
     
         

  6. #6
    Lunacy / Stability TLK's Avatar
    Status
    TLK is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Morbid Fascinations.
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    I can see why you would say Sasuke would fight her. He did initially say his target was the leaders of the village, and that would include Tsunade. If that were the case, I'd add my own twist on that by saying that Kakashi gets involved and then it becomes Kakashi vs. Sasuke, and then Madara attacks Tsunade, probably killing her.
     
         

  7. #7
    I am Justice TC9tails's Avatar
    Status
    TC9tails is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    space
    Posts
    4,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    ok heres whats gona happen to tsunade she is going to dies in the battle against pain thats why in one of kishi interview he said something about kakashi being written alot more about so basicly tsunade dies kakashi becomes hokage then naruto
     
         

  8. #8
    Im Luke,The Bloody.. Mangenkyou Maoh's Avatar
    Status
    Mangenkyou Maoh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Im in Kimlasca Kingdom,Baticul..
    Posts
    6,007
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    i think more fighting less commanding!!!
     
         

  9. #9
    Missing-Nin Fei's Avatar
    Status
    Fei is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arkansas USA
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    She will face off against Konnan and either kill/injure her. Tsunade will also either be mortally wounded or step down as Hogake for all the good Leaf ninja who died in the attack, though someone may talk her out of it (Naruto or Kakashi)
     
         

  10. #10
    Sage106
    Guest

    her part will be to die and let a hokage who can actually fight takeover. Tsunade despite what many ppl think is weak, she only has superstrenght and limited ninjustu. Her medical ninjustu is basically useless while fighting. The only reason she became hokage was because she was smart and her medical ninjustu, jiraiya was supposed to all her fighting for her. With him gone she is powerless, I CANT WAIT TILL PAIN KILLS HER!
     
         

  • #11
    Mercenary BishamonSama's Avatar
    Status
    BishamonSama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wherever a cardboard box happens to be.
    Posts
    20,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    It wouldn't be a stretch to say you're a Jiraiya fan, would it? Let me see if I can convince you that she already has proven her worth.

    Jiraiya was initially asked to be Godaime, right? That being said, don't you think the true benefactor of that title would be able to find someone just as suited for it?

    Jiraiya has said that he has only had two near-death experiences: One with the Kyuubi, and the second with none other than Tsunade. Wouldn't you say that for Tsuande to be elevated to the level of a tailed beast, in some sense, is worthy of being the hokage?

    Finally, wouldn't you agree that to be an equal benefactor of Sarutobi's training would be a pretty good amount of leverage?

    Besides using Jiraiya to prove her worth, the fact that she is touted as the best medic nin in history, as well as the direct descendant of the first two hokages (granddaughter to the first, niece to the second) should also be quite a nod in her favor, right?

    I don't mean to be confrontational, only to give additional perspective on Lady Godaime.
    Jiriaya was nearly killed by tsunade because he peeked at her while she was changing

    He wouldn't fight back


    Ya, tsunade will definitely kick the bucket soon

    When Pein attacks konoha, I really want to see a Zetsu fight...
     
         

  • #12
    Sargent QwertyHero's Avatar
    Status
    QwertyHero is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Quote Originally Posted by BishamonSama View Post
    Jiriaya was nearly killed by tsunade because he peeked at her while she was changing

    He wouldn't fight back


    Ya, tsunade will definitely kick the bucket soon

    When Pein attacks konoha, I really want to see a Zetsu fight...
    I'm telling you guys, Zetsu doesn't fight!
    I guarantee we'll never see him fight in the manga.
     
         

  • #13
    Sage Master GriffinofKonoha's Avatar
    Status
    GriffinofKonoha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Quote Originally Posted by QwertyHero View Post
    I'm telling you guys, Zetsu doesn't fight!
    I guarantee we'll never see him fight in the manga.
    I think if Zetsu fought anyone he would fight shino and kiba together since zetsu has pretty much two personalities. It would be pretty cool to see them fighting side by side (shino and kiba)
     
         

  • #14
    Academy Student
    Status
    Fastrobbie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Some ppl need to stop being brainless

    It's not because you never saw Tsunade going full combat, that she is weak.

    We didn't see much of the 3th's power, untill his final battle where he died. The same can go for Tsunade. We haven't seen her go all out so far, and I'm pretty sure we will see her doing with Pain Invading Konoha. Mark my words.

    Some ppl seem to forget that you can't get at Kage level with just being able to make good decisions. She used to be one of the legendary sannin for a reason.

    Oh and with Jiraiya being killed by Pain ... I dare bet Tsunade will be bloodfrenzy going at Pein

    Stop being ignorant, we haven't seen what she can do. Waiting till the final battle is upon is to decide wether she was powerless or not
     
         

  • #15
    Sargent QwertyHero's Avatar
    Status
    QwertyHero is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastrobbie View Post
    Some ppl need to stop being brainless

    It's not because you never saw Tsunade going full combat, that she is weak.

    We didn't see much of the 3th's power, untill his final battle where he died. The same can go for Tsunade. We haven't seen her go all out so far, and I'm pretty sure we will see her doing with Pain Invading Konoha. Mark my words.

    Some ppl seem to forget that you can't get at Kage level with just being able to make good decisions. She used to be one of the legendary sannin for a reason.

    Oh and with Jiraiya being killed by Pain ... I dare bet Tsunade will be bloodfrenzy going at Pein

    Stop being ignorant, we haven't seen what she can do. Waiting till the final battle is upon is to decide wether she was powerless or not
    Yea, I always said that Tsunade is a lot stronger than we know.
    I think we'll see some of that in the upcoming chapters.
     
         

  • #16
    Missing-Nin Fei's Avatar
    Status
    Fei is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arkansas USA
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    As stated, she can not die in a single battle. She has a Sasuke like "Get out of dying cheaply" card.

    Comes with joining the Sasuke fan club 0_o
     
         

  • #17
    Sage106
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastrobbie View Post
    Some ppl need to stop being brainless

    It's not because you never saw Tsunade going full combat, that she is weak.

    We didn't see much of the 3th's power, untill his final battle where he died. The same can go for Tsunade. We haven't seen her go all out so far, and I'm pretty sure we will see her doing with Pain Invading Konoha. Mark my words.

    Some ppl seem to forget that you can't get at Kage level with just being able to make good decisions. She used to be one of the legendary sannin for a reason.

    Oh and with Jiraiya being killed by Pain ... I dare bet Tsunade will be bloodfrenzy going at Pein

    Stop being ignorant, we haven't seen what she can do. Waiting till the final battle is upon is to decide wether she was powerless or not

    we saw fight oro who was weakened at that time and what did we see. Her superstrenght alone , plus no ninjustu at all. I judge a characters strenght from their battles, and from what i see even konohamaru can beat her. In every single crisis she hasnt stepped up to protect her others ninjas had to like kakashi and jiraiya. Infact she wasnt supposed to be kage it was because jiaraiya declined, she's like sakura sucking off the stenght of her teamates,. And when pain gets there well see her suppposed strenght but it wont matter cuz she's good as dead
     
         

  • #18
    Renegade Sama. Yup! Renegade's Avatar
    Status
    Renegade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    Jiraiya has said that he has only had two near-death experiences: One with the Kyuubi, and the second with none other than Tsunade. Wouldn't you say that for Tsuande to be elevated to the level of a tailed beast, in some sense, is worthy of being the hokage?
    He let Tsunade beat him, it was because he was peeking. Jiraiya isn't the kind of guy who would hit a woman.
     
         

  • #19
    Sargent QwertyHero's Avatar
    Status
    QwertyHero is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Quote Originally Posted by Sage106 View Post
    we saw fight oro who was weakened at that time and what did we see. Her superstrenght alone , plus no ninjustu at all. I judge a characters strenght from their battles, and from what i see even konohamaru can beat her. In every single crisis she hasnt stepped up to protect her others ninjas had to like kakashi and jiraiya. Infact she wasnt supposed to be kage it was because jiaraiya declined, she's like sakura sucking off the stenght of her teamates,. And when pain gets there well see her suppposed strenght but it wont matter cuz she's good as dead
    Ha!
    Your crazy.
    Indeed, during her fight with Orochimaru, we saw that she didn't exhibit any Ninjutsu [Although I guess her medical jutsu's could be considered Ninjutsu's, unless there something different..] but that doesn't mean she doesn't have any Ninjutsu at her disposal.
    And even if she didn't, her unrivaled ability in Medical Ninjutsu's and her unmatched strength are enough to bring most ninja to there knees.
    No, she hasn't stepped up during most battles because she's the Hokage for christ's sake!
    You think every time there's a battle, the Hokage suits up and jumps into battle?
    No.
    The Hokage is only brought out to fight during extremely desperate situations, and usually under there own will.
    That would be like the president of the U.S.A declaring war on someone, and the next day you see him on CNN firing guns and shit.
    If he were to get killed, then who would lead the nation?
    It would be stupid for Tsunade to put her life on the line EVERY time a battle breaks out.
    And for one, she wanted to help Jiraiya, she even told him to use a reverse summon on her if things got sticky, but Jiraiya didn't want to put Tsunade's life in danger.
    Yea, she may be no match in the end for Pein, but trust me, she won't go down without a fight that's for sure.
     
         

  • Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •