• Draw

4 7.69%
Page 3 of 3 « First 123
    Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: Jiraiya VS Hiruzen Sarutobi

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
    It depends....if Jiraiya is in sage mode he would win . However, if the 3rd hokage is not old and still knows the Death Reaper Seal, then they both die. 3rd wins if he's at his prime Jiraiya is not in sage mode
    Ooo ok but what would Jiraiya do in sage mode that would beat the 3rd. Just asking

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillertastic View Post
    Ooo ok but what would Jiraiya do in sage mode that would beat the 3rd. Just asking
    Frog genjutsu + Gargantuan rasengan

Status
    Aug 2010
    The grey rain curtain of this
    world rolls back and all turns
    to silver glass. And then you
    see it. White shores, and
    beyond, a far green country
    under a swift sunrise.

so far i think hiruzen was only a genious and could use extremely powerful but NORMAL techniques (except mby death reaper seal) but jiraiya on the other hand had sage mode

i personally think that there are normal abilities taijutsu genjutsu and ninjutsu from D.A rank and there are some abilities which are beyond these such as S rank techniques, sharingan, rinnegan, jinchuuriki power, sage mode

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Nice I could see that happening big time. I pretty sure Hiruzen would summon his monkey king to keep the frogs busy. But then again Jiraiya might summon the toad warriors. Ermmmm wow.

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Also he has to get to sage mode. The third will try to prevent him

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Yes because it takes far too long for Jiraiya to even get into sage mode and he has to keep that same hand seal or he will have to start over.

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

this is stupid! saratobi would kill jiraiya, however this isnt to say that orochimaru is stronger than jiraiya. (even tho i think he is, hehe)

Status
    Dec 2010
    I am looking at the stars. They are so far away, all we ever see of stars is their old photographs.
    Red flesh cloud's choking out
    the morning sky, they said
    it'd never come, we knew it
    was a lie. All forms of life
    die now, the humans all
    succumb. Time to kiss your ass
    goodbye. the end has just
    begun.

Quote Originally Posted by JMAN View Post
    Yes we do know that, they showed a little extract of the battle and we clearly saw that jiraiya was just trying to stop him and Oro didn't care about him and could even have killed him.

And what makes you think that Jiraiya fought to kill when trying to stop Oro ?

Itachi was on the good side, yeah but Kisame was he on the good side? I think not. He himself said that he wasn't on the same level.

Naruto at the time when Sasuke went away was weaker than him but after the Pain arc Zetsu clearly stated that Naruto was stronger.
    That shows that people can improve. And Jman improved.
    Do you think Oro could have done what Jiraiya did to Pain, he almost beat him. I highly doubt it

Do you think Hiruzen(old) could have done what Jiraiya did to Pain?
    so he can only defeat orochimaru when hes fighting to kill? so he can't defeat him without use of deadly force then they are probably even at best.

no kisame isn't good but he did have trust in itachi and thought they were both on the same side, if he says they wouldn't win and they should run, they run, if he says hes only running because hes trying to avoid a big fight, kisame belives him.

yeah of course people improve, jiraiya wasn't the only sannin that got better either, oro didn't show that he had body shedding or edo tensei or his crazy giant snake summons untill current timeline so we don't know either of their "full" power when they went 1v1. Oro could survive alot of stuff, rockets/blades/chakra blasts from android pain no sweat, hes got plenty of chakra to fight powerful enemeies unless his host body is rejecting him making him weaker.

I bet he could kill several pains if not all of them, he was in akatsuki and knew more then anyone else thought he did (sasori's real form, got pain/itachi's/kazuku/deidara's dna) so if kabuto had nagato's dna to summon him but didn't have the chance to get it after he died then oro or kabuto found a way to get to him and knew his secret or it would have brought back one of the corpses he used for pathes instead of real nagato, thats one advantage jiraiya didn't have untill it was too late.

and 50-60 year old hiruzen im doubtful he could fight off all 6 pains alone because his chakra levels are so low he couldn't even afford to use shadow clones and couldn't finish sealing orochimaru's whole soul, hes smart enough to figure the linked eyesight and powers out but he'd need his young body and chakra to execute his plans.

Status
    Feb 2011
    ceeeeeebs

To be honest, I'm gonna say Hiruzen's got this one. Provided he is in his Prime.

The Prime Hiruzen is wiser, has more battle experience and has a more vast knowledge of jutsu (ninjutsu). IMO, he would also be more proficient in taijutsu as well as genjutsu compared to Jiraiya. The only way for Jiraiya to beat his sensei is if he uses sage mode, which takes a fair amount of time to initiate (which Hiruzen will know, since this is Hiruzen we're talking about). So, if they were to fight Hiruzen wouldnt allow Jiraiya to go into sage mode (Jiraiya's best tech) which will give Hiruzen the win.

So yeah, Jiraiya is good but he won't be able to beat the 3rd (I'm assuming that they're both at their prime). One things for sure though, it would be one hell of a fight.

Status
    Aug 2010
    under a swift sunrise.

i wasnt impresed by hiruzen, not his jutsu, not his speed, not his taijutsu not even his summoning only his seal

Status
    Aug 2008
    This user has no status.

I'm going to say that Jiraiya has this one, ONLY because of sage mode and his toad summons.

I do believe it would be an awesome fight to see. ^_^

Status
    Aug 2010
    under a swift sunrise.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    I'm going to say that Jiraiya has this one, ONLY because of sage mode and his toad summons.

mhm

no matter how good u are with ninjutsu or taijutsu, sage mode just makes it better, well except MS or rinnegan techs

Status
    Dec 2010
    I am looking at the stars. They are so far away, all we ever see of stars is their old photographs.
    die now, the humans all
    begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post

i don't even factor in sage mode because theres such a low chance of him geting into it unless he starts with it or hiruzen messes around and lets him summon the sage toads. gamabunta vs. enma would be cool tho, diamond hard shapeshifting staff (that cuts like a sword) vs. giant toad with a sword and a bad attitude lol

Status
    Dec 2010
    die now, the humans all
    begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Minato The Fourth Hokage View Post
    i wasnt impresed by hiruzen, not his jutsu, not his speed, not his taijutsu not even his summoning only his seal
    which is why so many people think he wasn't the strongest hokage even tho its stated in the manga by iruka, a teacher in the villages own school.

the reason he was so terrible compared to people in their 20s/30s (sannin in 50s but had jutsus that made their bodies stronger, sage mode/host bodies and meds/ tsunade's seal) is because of how old he was and he'd been inactive for who knows how long pre-invasion we've never seen him training or even in action except for 12 years before that and he didn't do much then as far as fighting.

i bet if you take anyone (besides madara and kazuku who have other things keeping their bodies powerful like forbidden jutsu and EMS) and have them fight 3 on 1 when they are 62 they'll be crap compared to the current age.

Status
    Oct 2014
    This user has no status.

I'd say Jiraiya because of Sage Mode which is more powerful than any technique Hiruzen has shown so far. HIruzen and Jiraya are similar fighters (no surprise as the first was the latter's teacher) but the training in Mount Myoboku gave Jiraiya the Upper hand.

Jiraiya takes this High Diff.

Status
    Aug 2014
    This user has no status.

jirayia wins b/c of sage mode!!!!

Status
    Jul 2014
    Destroying trolls one post at
    a time

so hard to root against jiraiya but the 3rd supposedly knew and could use every jutsu in konoha. If you stand by that, you would have to put the 3rd above jiraiya.

If the 3rd is in old man form, then he takes it hard diff but if it's the 3rd in his prime, then the 3rd takes it med/low diff

Page 3 of 3 « First 123