Quote Originally Posted by Jitsugan View Post
    This thread is about Itachi's sickness

Captain Obvious FTW ...

lol Jitsugan...

Status
    Feb 2011
    Saving the world once again

Re: Itachis sicknes

Maybe he had tuberculosis or maybe he had no disease just overdose on his medication to shorten his life but then again the meds served as a boost to prolong his life to wait for Sasuke to defeat him :S

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post
    look whos talking

where does it say in the manga what you just said...........?
    agreed again

Quote Originally Posted by nut4sport View Post
    i thought kimmimaro's disease was caused by over use of the curse mark. or am i mistaken
    I dont think it was caused by over use or use of the cursemark, because the other four of the sound five, used it and so did Sauske with out disease, and Anko Has her curse mark not sure though of how often she uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu View Post
    Maybe he had tuberculosis or maybe he had no disease just overdose on his medication to shorten his life but then again the meds served as a boost to prolong his life to wait for Sasuke to defeat him :S
    How would having ODing on medication that he didnt have make any sense to prolong his life? He took the meds to keep his life going to have Sauske defeat him/ keep Madara from attacking the leaf as per their deal, and to spy on Akatuski on the inside.

Status
    Oct 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerabitu View Post

I lol'd u made my day pal hahah

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

i think it was most likely a tuberculosis type disease because of the fact itachi kept coughing up blood and the meds were to prolong life @ shadedcrow i think ure ryt he prolonged his lyf to ensure the deal wit madara still spy but ultimate goal was saskue defeating him
    just my opinion x

Academy Student
    Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Minato The Fourth Hokage View Post
    This is a theory or rather a though of mine.

As we all know itachi was very ill, he would have been dead before facing sasuke if he hadnt prolonged his life with medication. The illness was never explained but it made itachi weaker and eventually killed him.

We all know that Madara was afraid of itachi. Either of what he was or of what he might become, but i dont think its the latter. He knew all about Itachi but Itachi didnt know everything about Madara and that was the one reason why madara was still alive.

We all know that madara is a mastermind and a schemer, i think that one possibility for itachis illness is for madara to have poisoned or contaminated him in some other way because he was afraid of itachi. The illness would take care of basically the only threat to madara and he could further exploit the Akatsuki to realize his plan and to also prevent Itachi from taking action prior his death due to the fact he was weakened as stated above.

sorry if anyone has alredy posted this
    Nice theory!
    First my TOTAL SUPPORT to JAPAN and ALL the people there!

Many people are reading Naruto because of jutsus and fights. It's only secondary. Story is about family, friendship and helping others in need.

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2010
    This user has no status.

This is a theory or rather a though of mine.

As we all know itachi was very ill, he would have been dead before facing sasuke if he hadnt prolonged his life with medication. The illness was never explained but it made itachi weaker and eventually killed him.

We all know that Madara was afraid of itachi. Either of what he was or of what he might become, but i dont think its the latter. He knew all about Itachi but Itachi didnt know everything about Madara and that was the one reason why madara was still alive.

We all know that madara is a mastermind and a schemer, i think that one possibility for itachis illness is for madara to have poisoned or contaminated him in some other way because he was afraid of itachi. The illness would take care of basically the only threat to madara and he could further exploit the Akatsuki to realize his plan and to also prevent Itachi from taking action prior his death due to the fact he was weakened as stated above.

sorry if anyone has alredy posted this
    i wouldnt say madara was afraid of itachi nah never dat. madara just made a deal with itachi the was "help me (itachi) kill the uchiha clan in exchange dont touch the leaf village at all" itachi ended up dying from sasuke sickness or not he made up his mind to die by sasukes hands. you theory can be true but not that way you put it. the only way sasuke would turn on madara is if he finds out that madara was the one who actually put the fox in the village 16 yrs ago. because he basically framed the uchiha and lied to sasuke about it after telling him it was just a natural disaster

Status
    Feb 2011
    Lost in the path of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu View Post
    I agree!!

Status
    Aug 2008
    Chillin'

What is it impossible to have a disease ? He just had a disease and that's it. There are many terrible diseases in this world. You get 'm or you don't. I think Kishi want to let us see, no matter how strong you are, how untouchable you are, how protected you are, u can always die.

Status
    Mar 2010
    This user has no status.

i don't think itachi will be poisoned so easily, not even by the hands of madara.. come on, it's itachi

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KattyRedCloud1706 View Post
    i think it was most likely a tuberculosis type disease because of the fact itachi kept coughing up blood and the meds were to prolong life @ shadedcrow i think ure ryt he prolonged his lyf to ensure the deal wit madara still spy but ultimate goal was saskue defeating him
    just my opinion x
    thanks +1 rep welcome to the base.

Status
    May 2010
    NB oldies gang

Quote Originally Posted by Zerabitu View Post

Or he just simply had AIDS.

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SKTupac View Post
    What is it impossible to have a disease ? He just had a disease and that's it. There are many terrible diseases in this world. You get 'm or you don't. I think Kishi want to let us see, no matter how strong you are, how untouchable you are, how protected you are, u can always die.
    Thats a pretty intresting point of view and a nice way to put it. It might also be Kishis sense of karma, for Itachis involvement with the destruction of his clan too?

Status
    Feb 2011
    Saving the world once again

Quote Originally Posted by shadedcrow View Post
    agreed again

I dont think it was caused by over use or use of the cursemark, because the other four of the sound five, used it and so did Sauske with out disease, and Anko Has her curse mark not sure though of how often she uses it.

How would having ODing on medication that he didnt have make any sense to prolong his life? He took the meds to keep his life going to have Sauske defeat him/ keep Madara from attacking the leaf as per their deal, and to spy on Akatuski on the inside.

Good job for clarifying what I just said....

Academy Student
    Status
    Aug 2010
    This user has no status.

Hi!
    Well I have two theories, sorry if anyone mentioned them before, but after reading some of the post I wanted to put my opinion in.
    One theory about the illness it is a "punishment" or a "curse" for killing his clan. I am not saying that someone did it to him, but it is the consequence to his actions.
    Second theory. This one is a long shot, but if you bare with me you might just be crazy enough to agree with me. We know Orochimaru has come up with a jutsu that lets him take on a new body. We also know he was once part of the Akatsuki. Maybe Madara, whose face we have not seen, needs this ability to survive; thus, Orochimaru might have been added to the Akatsuki so Madara could copy the technique with his sharigan when Orochimaru found out how to do it. Now this is where Itachi comes in. Madara obviously is going to want another Uchiha because he needs to be able to control the tailed beasts rights? So that narrows it down to Itachi and Sasuke; at the time he probably didn't know of Sasuke's survival and settled with Itachi, so he kept him close. Once Itachi died his only option is Sasuke and that is probably why he is with him. Now for the illness. If Itachi and Kimimaru have the same illness than they were probably failed experiments. Now that Orochimaru has "perfected" his jutsu all Madara needs to do is copy it.
    Anyways it is a long story, but I think there is more to Orochimaru's jutsu than what we have seen.
    So That is my far fetch idea!

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubylie View Post
    Hi!
    Well I have two theories, sorry if anyone mentioned them before, but after reading some of the post I wanted to put my opinion in.
    One theory about the illness it is a "punishment" or a "curse" for killing his clan. I am not saying that someone did it to him, but it is the consequence to his actions.
    Second theory. This one is a long shot, but if you bare with me you might just be crazy enough to agree with me. We know Orochimaru has come up with a jutsu that lets him take on a new body. We also know he was once part of the Akatsuki. Maybe Madara, whose face we have not seen, needs this ability to survive; thus, Orochimaru might have been added to the Akatsuki so Madara could copy the technique with his sharigan when Orochimaru found out how to do it. Now this is where Itachi comes in. Madara obviously is going to want another Uchiha because he needs to be able to control the tailed beasts rights? So that narrows it down to Itachi and Sasuke; at the time he probably didn't know of Sasuke's survival and settled with Itachi, so he kept him close. Once Itachi died his only option is Sasuke and that is probably why he is with him. Now for the illness. If Itachi and Kimimaru have the same illness than they were probably failed experiments. Now that Orochimaru has "perfected" his jutsu all Madara needs to do is copy it.
    Anyways it is a long story, but I think there is more to Orochimaru's jutsu than what we have seen.
    So That is my far fetch idea!
    I think I said your first theory before but I'll agree I can see Itachis disease being some form of Karma, considering the series is laden with buddhist undertones/themes.

As for your second theory its nice but Orochimaru already learned the soul transmigration juitsu, and tried to preform it on Sauske and in the anime you see when he learns about it he kind of snaps and figures out how he can theoritcaly be immortal and learn all juitsu/the truth behind ninjuitsu. I like the fact you had the guts to propose the idea, even if its crackpot. I'll plus one rep yah. Welcome to the base.

Status
    Aug 2010
    See your world through my
    eyes: A universe so vast as to
    be immeasurable -
    incomprehensible even to your
    greatest minds.

I disagree with the karma, he helped the village, weather that was justified or not ot wasnt his fault, it was either that or a konoha civil war

as for madaras oro tech it is possible but why would you say ''settled'' with itachi, noone in his right mind would chose sasuke over itachi (assuming he wasnt ill back then) and btw madara knew about sasuke

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

I disagree with the karma, he helped the village, weather that was justified or not ot wasnt his fault, it was either that or a konoha civil war

as for madaras oro tech it is possible but why would you say ''settled'' with itachi, noone in his right mind would chose sasuke over itachi (assuming he wasnt ill back then) and btw madara knew about sasuke
    Who would take Itachi over Sauske? Itachi was diseased, like Kimmaro and was running on barrowed time medication/medical ninjuitsu prolongued both of their lifes.

If Orochimaru wanted to have the Sharingan as long as he could it makes more sense to take a Uchiha body that wasnt facing an emminent demise due to disease.

I can see your disagreement with the karma thought because he helped the village, but he wiped out his clan minus two people. Not trying to say which is the lesser evil, or would incure the most neagative karma, because I'm not quite sure how specificly karma works, but I know the effects of it can be ironic. And its kind of Ironic that Itachi was killed most of his clan to test himself as a vessel and then found his capacity capped by a disease that would take his life.

Even if he killed them to protect the leaf, and out of love, the Uchihas have been cursed for a while. Almost every time the Uchiha clan is mentioned they are described as such, and being the embodyment of hate/darkness, or being cursed for the acts commited within the clan.

Banned
    Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post

Captain Obvious FTW ...

lol Jitsugan...

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.