Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

First of all IMO, his objective was indeed Kushina(or rather 9bi to be precise)...not sure if he missed on purpose but if not on purpose, then the only explanation possible IMO is that he wasnt using his sharingan, coz. I think Minato's normal speed can be traced by the sharingan(even if the user madara doesnt have enough time to react)...IT could very well be on purpose coz. Madara knew that if he were to fight Minato there, it would have taken a very long time by which somehow reinforcements would have arrived and Kushina would probably have kyuubi take care of with her chakra, so thinking of all this Madara wrapped explosive tags all around Naruto so that he misses and Mianto has to jump outside the room to save Naruto and Kushina, by which time Madara can have enough time to kidnap Kushina and wrench kyuubi out...

Madara was indeed bothered by Minato but the time and place was inconvenient as his only objective at the moment was 9bi...so after pulling it out of Kushina he delays Minato...
    I know that Kushina was his primary objective but Minato went head on and simply rushed to save Naruto which left him wide open, without any defense. Since Minato didnt take any precautions that fight wouldnt take much time. Also, by your words, madara turns out to be complete idiot who didnt kill his strongest opponent (the one that could, and at the end even did, mess up his plans). He was probably knowledgeable about his FTG and knew that the only way to effectivly get him away from Kushina was to kill him so I dont believe that he would waste the chance.
    Do you mean to say you KNOW that Minato knew how to open inner gates??? And do you mean to say you can actually tell opening of which gates relate to what speed??? For all we know that could be his NORMAL speed...so the comparison of his speed to that of opened inner gates is just wrong...The comparison of his speed to raikage's lightning armor speed is because of the fact that Darui actually compares the 2 during kage-summit battle...However it is unclear whether he actually refers to his normal speed or to his FTG speed...
    Raikage speed is compared to Maito Gais when his fourth gate is opened - so if you say that he has speed of fourth raikage then he has speed of fourth inner gate opened. Also, it is quite clear that he wasnt comparing fourth raikages speed with FTG. FTG is instant - it is not speed, but rather self-summoning to another location. Only an idiot would try to compare that and from what I have seen Darui is quite intelligent.

Yeah...thats true...so no one really can react...your point????
    My point is that that means that Minato has speed that only few people can match (and they can only match it with either gates or lightning armor).

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

Its hard to tell. He may have been using Body Flicker right there which means its not his base speed. But it would be one of the faster body flickers in the series. Theres really not enough information there to tell us if it was his normal speed or body flicker, and what level sharingan could track it.

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think it would depend on the sharingan user. Itachi was a fast fighter based mostly on speed. He could probably keep up with Minato in a hand to hand fight. Tobi was able to keep up with Minato's speed. Sasuke is as fast as Kakashi and Naruto. I think Sasuke tract his speed but he can't keep up with it. It would be like how he fought Rock Lee, Sasuke saw Lee's movements but couldn't keep up. I think the faster the user the better the reaction time. Minato moves fast so should be able to see as fast as he moves.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I wouldnt say that Minato's speed is untrackable by the sharingan, rather, the use is unable to physically keep up. Its like when lee opened the gates against gaara and his ultimate defense couldnt keep up.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    I wouldnt say that Minato's speed is untrackable by the sharingan, rather, the use is unable to physically keep up. Its like when lee opened the gates against gaara and his ultimate defense couldnt keep up.
    Even so, it still makes Minato as fast as hell (since Madara himself has quite a speed)... Since we discussed about everything on this matter I claim this discussion: Closed! It' been nice chatting with you guys (If someone wants to post something about this matter feel free to do so).

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziname View Post
    As you all know, Itachi Uchiha was well known for his mastery over sharingan and he mastered it to the point where it almost consumed no chakra at all, thus constantly keeping it active. Madara Uchiha has even greater mastery over sharingan and even greater chakra pool so it is quite safe to assume that he kept it active all the time too (and he would definitely keep it active when he is about to fight strong opponent - like Minato Namikaze). On this page Madara tries to kill Minato who uses raw speed (no FTG or body flicker) and he misses? Does this mean that Minato has "default" speed equal to speed of, idk, opened second inner gate or something like that?
    Ummm Minato used FTG.

Its a seal and he used that. Not his actual speed.
    But if you're talking about at Naruto's birth, then YES!
    He's simply just fast by default IMO

Page 2 of 2 « First 12