Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21
    Member uzumakiclanrules's Avatar
    Status
    uzumakiclanrules is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    273
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    Theres a reason why Minato's speed/movements cannot be tracked by sharingan(of any level and not just 3-tomoe)...this is because he uses FTG...this involves space-manipulation and travelling through another dimension in the blink of an eye...sharingan can obviously not keep up with movements outside its down dimension, at least there has been no such sharingan introduced in the manga as of yet(be it 3-tomoe, ms or an ems)...
     
         

  2. #22
    Legendary Steinbiz Steinbiz's Avatar
    Status
    Steinbiz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,811
    Location
    Everywhere
    Don't ever let anyone tell you
    what you can't do, but always
    listen to what you can do.
     

    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    Quote Originally Posted by uzumakiclanrules View Post
    Theres a reason why Minato's speed/movements cannot be tracked by sharingan(of any level and not just 3-tomoe)...this is because he uses FTG...this involves space-manipulation and travelling through another dimension in the blink of an eye...sharingan can obviously not keep up with movements outside its down dimension, at least there has been no such sharingan introduced in the manga as of yet(be it 3-tomoe, ms or an ems)...
    nope. it's his raw speed my friend.
     
         

  3. #23
    Member uzumakiclanrules's Avatar
    Status
    uzumakiclanrules is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    273
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    ^^ Ummm...if you were referring to the part about Minato rescuing baby Naruto, where Minato apparently does not use FTG, this is a completely different matter...

    Here Madara's true objective was Kushina...he couldnt care less if Naruto lived or died, so Minato rescuing Naruto after Madara tosses him up like a rag doll was all according to calculated cunning plan...Madara didnt NEED to use his sharingan at that point... Its true that Minato's speed is extraordinary like the raikage's but nothing that cant be traced by the sharingan(there might not exist such a speed save speed of light I guess?)...If anything, maybe just as Sasuke could trace raikage's/bee's movements given their speed, but his body couldnt react in time, that might have been true for Minato and Madara as well...It maybe that Madara's body couldnt react in time...

    Anyways, the SPEED of the yellow flash that is famed and what gave Minato the name in the first place, is not his physical speed but his FTG...to a normal ninja who didnt know the jutsu, it obviously seems as though Minato moves with extreme speed but few know the truth about FTG...
     
         

  4. #24
    Kaziname's Avatar
    Status
    Kaziname is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,295
    Location
    U pički materinoj
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    1) To all those who said: "He missed on purpose, he wanted to get him away from Kushina." I think that he wanted to kill him first since he was the only one who could stop him and nine-tailed at the moment so there is no reason to miss him on purpose (If Minato was so unimportant why didn't he let him fight nine-tailed? It was obvious that Minato bothered Madara by being the only man in Konoha able to stop him and the nine-tailed and only an idiot would say that it was only Kushina that Madara was interested in).

    2) To those who said that he has same speed as raikage when he has his lightning armor on - that would mean that he has speed of fourth inner gate opened

    3) To those who said that Madara couldn't react in time because he is slower than Minato - Madara is probably the fastest uchiha and if he can't react than noone can.
     
         

  5. #25
    Member uzumakiclanrules's Avatar
    Status
    uzumakiclanrules is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    273
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaziname View Post
    1) To all those who said: "He missed on purpose, he wanted to get him away from Kushina." I think that he wanted to kill him first since he was the only one who could stop him and nine-tailed at the moment so there is no reason to miss him on purpose (If Minato was so unimportant why didn't he let him fight nine-tailed? It was obvious that Minato bothered Madara by being the only man in Konoha able to stop him and the nine-tailed and only an idiot would say that it was only Kushina that Madara was interested in).
    First of all IMO, his objective was indeed Kushina(or rather 9bi to be precise)...not sure if he missed on purpose but if not on purpose, then the only explanation possible IMO is that he wasnt using his sharingan, coz. I think Minato's normal speed can be traced by the sharingan(even if the user madara doesnt have enough time to react)...IT could very well be on purpose coz. Madara knew that if he were to fight Minato there, it would have taken a very long time by which somehow reinforcements would have arrived and Kushina would probably have kyuubi take care of with her chakra, so thinking of all this Madara wrapped explosive tags all around Naruto so that he misses and Mianto has to jump outside the room to save Naruto and Kushina, by which time Madara can have enough time to kidnap Kushina and wrench kyuubi out...

    Madara was indeed bothered by Minato but the time and place was inconvenient as his only objective at the moment was 9bi...so after pulling it out of Kushina he delays Minato...


    Quote Originally Posted by Kaziname View Post
    To those who said that he has same speed as raikage when he has his lightning armor on - that would mean that he has speed of fourth inner gate opened
    Do you mean to say you KNOW that Minato knew how to open inner gates??? And do you mean to say you can actually tell opening of which gates relate to what speed??? For all we know that could be his NORMAL speed...so the comparison of his speed to that of opened inner gates is just wrong...The comparison of his speed to raikage's lightning armor speed is because of the fact that Darui actually compares the 2 during kage-summit battle...However it is unclear whether he actually refers to his normal speed or to his FTG speed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaziname View Post
    To those who said that Madara couldn't react in time because he is slower than Minato - Madara is probably the fastest uchiha and if he can't react than noone can.
    Yeah...thats true...so no one really can react...your point????
     
         

  6. #26
    Kaziname's Avatar
    Status
    Kaziname is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,295
    Location
    U pički materinoj
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    First of all IMO, his objective was indeed Kushina(or rather 9bi to be precise)...not sure if he missed on purpose but if not on purpose, then the only explanation possible IMO is that he wasnt using his sharingan, coz. I think Minato's normal speed can be traced by the sharingan(even if the user madara doesnt have enough time to react)...IT could very well be on purpose coz. Madara knew that if he were to fight Minato there, it would have taken a very long time by which somehow reinforcements would have arrived and Kushina would probably have kyuubi take care of with her chakra, so thinking of all this Madara wrapped explosive tags all around Naruto so that he misses and Mianto has to jump outside the room to save Naruto and Kushina, by which time Madara can have enough time to kidnap Kushina and wrench kyuubi out...

    Madara was indeed bothered by Minato but the time and place was inconvenient as his only objective at the moment was 9bi...so after pulling it out of Kushina he delays Minato...
    I know that Kushina was his primary objective but Minato went head on and simply rushed to save Naruto which left him wide open, without any defense. Since Minato didnt take any precautions that fight wouldnt take much time. Also, by your words, madara turns out to be complete idiot who didnt kill his strongest opponent (the one that could, and at the end even did, mess up his plans). He was probably knowledgeable about his FTG and knew that the only way to effectivly get him away from Kushina was to kill him so I dont believe that he would waste the chance.
    Do you mean to say you KNOW that Minato knew how to open inner gates??? And do you mean to say you can actually tell opening of which gates relate to what speed??? For all we know that could be his NORMAL speed...so the comparison of his speed to that of opened inner gates is just wrong...The comparison of his speed to raikage's lightning armor speed is because of the fact that Darui actually compares the 2 during kage-summit battle...However it is unclear whether he actually refers to his normal speed or to his FTG speed...
    Raikage speed is compared to Maito Gais when his fourth gate is opened - so if you say that he has speed of fourth raikage then he has speed of fourth inner gate opened. Also, it is quite clear that he wasnt comparing fourth raikages speed with FTG. FTG is instant - it is not speed, but rather self-summoning to another location. Only an idiot would try to compare that and from what I have seen Darui is quite intelligent.

    Yeah...thats true...so no one really can react...your point????
    My point is that that means that Minato has speed that only few people can match (and they can only match it with either gates or lightning armor).
     
         

  7. #27
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,202
    Location
    Konohagakure
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    Its hard to tell. He may have been using Body Flicker right there which means its not his base speed. But it would be one of the faster body flickers in the series. Theres really not enough information there to tell us if it was his normal speed or body flicker, and what level sharingan could track it.
     
         

  8. #28
    Planetary Destruction
    Status
    niblack89 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,753
    Location
    South Park colorado
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    I think it would depend on the sharingan user. Itachi was a fast fighter based mostly on speed. He could probably keep up with Minato in a hand to hand fight. Tobi was able to keep up with Minato's speed. Sasuke is as fast as Kakashi and Naruto. I think Sasuke tract his speed but he can't keep up with it. It would be like how he fought Rock Lee, Sasuke saw Lee's movements but couldn't keep up. I think the faster the user the better the reaction time. Minato moves fast so should be able to see as fast as he moves.
     
         

  9. #29
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    I wouldnt say that Minato's speed is untrackable by the sharingan, rather, the use is unable to physically keep up. Its like when lee opened the gates against gaara and his ultimate defense couldnt keep up.
     
         

  10. #30
    Kaziname's Avatar
    Status
    Kaziname is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,295
    Location
    U pički materinoj
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    I wouldnt say that Minato's speed is untrackable by the sharingan, rather, the use is unable to physically keep up. Its like when lee opened the gates against gaara and his ultimate defense couldnt keep up.
    Even so, it still makes Minato as fast as hell (since Madara himself has quite a speed)... Since we discussed about everything on this matter I claim this discussion: Closed! It' been nice chatting with you guys (If someone wants to post something about this matter feel free to do so).
     
         

  11. #31
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,460
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: Minato's speed is untrackable by 3-tomoe sharingan!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaziname View Post
    As you all know, Itachi Uchiha was well known for his mastery over sharingan and he mastered it to the point where it almost consumed no chakra at all, thus constantly keeping it active. Madara Uchiha has even greater mastery over sharingan and even greater chakra pool so it is quite safe to assume that he kept it active all the time too (and he would definitely keep it active when he is about to fight strong opponent - like Minato Namikaze). On this page Madara tries to kill Minato who uses raw speed (no FTG or body flicker) and he misses? Does this mean that Minato has "default" speed equal to speed of, idk, opened second inner gate or something like that?
    Ummm Minato used FTG.

    Its a seal and he used that. Not his actual speed.
    But if you're talking about at Naruto's birth, then YES!
    He's simply just fast by default IMO
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •