Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Member BananaAssassin's Avatar
    Status
    BananaAssassin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Yeah well, obviously I have thought about this since the beginning of the series and from the time it was obvious the whole series is going to that direction, that he becomes hokage. 'Cause I can't see him maturing enough to be like on Hiruzen's or Tsunade's level in decision making. Naruto making important decision's about missions and villages budjet and stuff?.. Really?

    All the other Hokages were geniuses from birth and sharpminded so do u think Naruto is going to end being Hokage as he's not the sharpmindest? I really hope so yeah but seems impossible..He's got the heart sure and strenght but other important stuff, nooo..
     
         

  2. #2
    Banned
    Status
    TsukUy0m1 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    no way- perfect i think....he has alot off smart friends to help him with decisions and hes strong and all about protecting...i think he'll be the best hokage
     
         

  3. #3
    Member Moemin's Avatar
    Status
    Moemin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    I do agree with you on those points.
    However, I don't think that you should just through him under the bus when it comes to becoming Hokage. He might not have the set of skills (budgeting ect.), but those are actually things that he can learn.
    I think that the Leaf will be better of with a leader that is passionate about his people, the other things you mention I believe are minor.
    Gaara had to learn how to love (not just himself) but others before he could be the Kazekage, so GIVE NARUTO A CHANCE.
     
         

  4. #4
    (o.O) shadedcrow's Avatar
    Status
    shadedcrow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    I dont think being smart is a requirement of being a kage, A seems kind of dumb as a rock imo, He has like 3-4 people who can do everything for him, but fight, but now that he has lost a arm, hes going to need someone who can make handseals on his behalf on occasion.
     
         

  5. #5
    All shall know Pain! Samsara's Avatar
    Status
    Samsara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    I think he does man.

    Everyone knows hes not that smart. But either way shikimaru would be his head ninja so if he did or said something dumb, all it takes is a shadow possesion and a good intelegent heart to heart

    Hes not that muture but hes grown alot. And if hes good enough to beat pain then hes definatly strong enough to be hokage, tsunade almost died messin wit pain!

    His irrational would get in the way so he'll be more like riakage, jump out of his chair and out the window of the hokage office type.
     
         

  6. #6
    .... MrSharingan's Avatar
    Status
    MrSharingan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    chillin in my igloo
    Posts
    3,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    lolI don't know if he's too stupid, but I doubt Naruto could sit still in a office all day.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ichinaru's Avatar
    Status
    Ichinaru is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    I dont think he will just be the best hokage ever , i think he is going to become the strongest ninja ever!

    Btw there are people really smart in village , like Shikamaru , he will continue his father's work(he is like advisor and in charge of strategy in the war?)...
    He's gonna rock!
     
         

  8. #8
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    Posts
    8,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Quote Originally Posted by shadedcrow View Post
    I dont think being smart is a requirement of being a kage, A seems kind of dumb as a rock imo, He has like 3-4 people who can do everything for him, but fight, but now that he has lost a arm, hes going to need someone who can make handseals on his behalf on occasion.
    I agree...

    Naruto will have Shikamaru, Kakashi and Tsunade to stand by him if none of them die. Isn't that sufficient?

    The stupid Naruto that say calculated in terms of clones to defeat Kakuzu, found a way to create Rasenshuriken and to launch, found the way to hit Gaara with his head to beat him, mastered Sage Mode, is almost done with Kyuubi Mode and that stupid Naruto also did countless strategies against Pain involving lauching, projectiles, luring, smoke bombs ect...There are also some good examples of his smartness during his fights.

    If you observe carefully, Naruto has always been very smart in his fights. Certainly not tactical and he's no mind genius but no one is perfect and his determination overcomes so many of his flaws. I think that he'll make a good Hokage and for the paperworks, he'll get help...
     
         

  9. #9
    Banned
    Status
    NarutoVsGoku is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Planet Vegeta
    Posts
    5,034
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half Lycan Primape Giant....
    Half Canine Monsterous Demon
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Naruto Isn't dumb. He's very clever and a great tactician. Beaten the strongest and best of ninjas by outsmarting them. Leanered and created the most complicated and toughest techniques ex: shadow clones, rasengan, rasenshuriken, sage mode. When he couldn't do substitution jutsu he had already created his own jutsu the sexy jutsu.

    Anyways if anything Naruto is simple. He can't learn something complicated by you just saying it to him. He has to practice and DO IT for him to learn. I'm kinda the same way and I know alot of you aren't geniuses yourselfs where you learn on just explanations.

    But anyways Naruto would be a great hokage, anything he didn't know how to do he has plenty of support from his friends to help him, Sakura, Sai etc.

    Btw Raikage isn't dumb. That's racist.
     
         

  10. #10
    Migualon J.J.'s Avatar
    Status
    Migualon J.J. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic, Czech Republic
    Posts
    24,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    4th raikage isn´t too smart too, and yet he is still kage of his village
     
         

  11. #11
    (o.O) shadedcrow's Avatar
    Status
    shadedcrow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Quote Originally Posted by .:KingScorp View Post
    I agree...

    Naruto will have Shikamaru, Kakashi and Tsunade to stand by him if none of them die. Isn't that sufficient?

    The stupid Naruto that say calculated in terms of clones to defeat Kakuzu, found a way to create Rasenshuriken and to launch, found the way to hit Gaara with his head to beat him, mastered Sage Mode, is almost done with Kyuubi Mode and that stupid Naruto also did countless strategies against Pain involving lauching, projectiles, luring, smoke bombs ect...There are also some good examples of his smartness during his fights.

    If you observe carefully, Naruto has always been very smart in his fights. Certainly not tactical and he's no mind genius but no one is perfect and his determination overcomes so many of his flaws. I think that he'll make a good Hokage and for the paperworks, he'll get help...
    I wouldn't say always, he was pretty stupid and reckless when the series first started. Like how he would take a major body wound to hit someone with his rasangan. But hes better at being impulsive and stupid, as well as learning how to understand his opponents abilites, and control his emotions. But thanks for the quote and what what.

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post
    Naruto Isn't dumb. He's very clever and a great tactician. Beaten the strongest and best of ninjas by outsmarting them. Leanered and created the most complicated and toughest techniques ex: shadow clones, rasengan, rasenshuriken, sage mode. When he couldn't do substitution jutsu he had already created his own jutsu the sexy jutsu.

    Anyways if anything Naruto is simple. He can't learn something complicated by you just saying it to him. He has to practice and DO IT for him to learn. I'm kinda the same way and I know alot of you aren't geniuses yourselfs where you learn on just explanations.

    But anyways Naruto would be a great hokage, anything he didn't know how to do he has plenty of support from his friends to help him, Sakura, Sai etc.

    Btw Raikage isn't dumb. That's racist.
    Who has Naruto out smarted? VS him out powering his opponet? How am I raciest because I think its stupid that Raikage lost a arm vs Sauskes MS, and would have lost a leg if it wasnt for Garas sand? Sorry if I think that turing yourself into a into a double ampute is stupid. Hes already lost a arm, and to make hand signs for juitsu hes going to have to have someone do it for him, yeah thats a smart move... If they die hes in trouble again thats not dumb at all.. lol

    Raikage being dumb is an oppinion, I didnt say all the ninja from his village were stupid as well that might be raciest but even so I'm not narrowing out anyone but Raikage for being dumb, other than Naruto.
     
         
    Last edited by shadedcrow; 04-05-2011 at 04:21 PM.

  12. #12
    Member BananaAssassin's Avatar
    Status
    BananaAssassin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Quote Originally Posted by .:KingScorp View Post
    I agree...

    Naruto will have Shikamaru, Kakashi and Tsunade to stand by him if none of them die. Isn't that sufficient?

    The stupid Naruto that say calculated in terms of clones to defeat Kakuzu, found a way to create Rasenshuriken and to launch, found the way to hit Gaara with his head to beat him, mastered Sage Mode, is almost done with Kyuubi Mode and that stupid Naruto also did countless strategies against Pain involving lauching, projectiles, luring, smoke bombs ect...There are also some good examples of his smartness during his fights.

    If you observe carefully, Naruto has always been very smart in his fights. Certainly not tactical and he's no mind genius but no one is perfect and his determination overcomes so many of his flaws. I think that he'll make a good Hokage and for the paperworks, he'll get help...
    Yeah I know that from time to time he can be very smart and efficient in fights but other than that...For example his basic knowledge is very bad and always has been. He has weak intel about the countries surrounding them and other stuff in the shinobi world. And what always has pissed me off is that he always doesn't get nothing from the first explanation.Always asks "so, why is that?" to an obvious thing.

    And to the rasenshuriken training, if you watch the naturemanipulation training thingy closely from beginning naruto is being really dumb. Kakashi had to explain things to him like to a 6-year old.
     
         
    Last edited by BananaAssassin; 04-05-2011 at 04:58 PM.

  13. #13
    All shall know Pain! Samsara's Avatar
    Status
    Samsara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Thats just naruto
    even though it took him a while to get it, he did master rasenshuriken. Hes still young, he has a lot of growing up to do.
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member konohashinobi's Avatar
    Status
    konohashinobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,966
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaAssassin View Post
    Yeah well, obviously I have thought about this since the beginning of the series and from the time it was obvious the whole series is going to that direction, that he becomes hokage. 'Cause I can't see him maturing enough to be like on Hiruzen's or Tsunade's level in decision making. Naruto making important decision's about missions and villages budjet and stuff?.. Really?

    All the other Hokages were geniuses from birth and sharpminded so do u think Naruto is going to end being Hokage as he's not the sharpmindest? I really hope so yeah but seems impossible..He's got the heart sure and strenght but other important stuff, nooo..
    You have a point, a very good one. I think all of his former classmates or existing teams will assist him. Good knows ge needs all the help he can get
    in running a village. passion or power alone wont make the cut.
     
         

  15. #15
    Member
    Status
    Ignorance is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Thats just naruto
    even though it took him a while to get it, he did master rasenshuriken. Hes still young, he has a lot of growing up to do.
    Exactly. People seem to be forgetting that Naruto is only 16/17. He's a kid, basically. He hasn't had the training to be hokage, but that doesn't mean he's not capable of it.

    Tsunade was over 50 when she became Hokage. Naruto is probably more skilled than her and he isn't even half her age. If he's motivated, he'll do it.

    Also, Tsunade wasn't that determined to be Hokage, but once she had something to focus on (Lee) she just fit into the role. Hokage isn't something that is judged by intelligence. It's judged by the willingness to protect the people of the village.

    Naruto also has the ability to lead, while he is indeed of needing to calm down and relax, people would gladly follow him into hell and back. If he works on his impulsive nature I see no reason for him not becoming Hokage.
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member pop123's Avatar
    Status
    pop123 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    dallas tx
    Posts
    4,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    yall dumd he will make a good k=hokage
     
         

  17. #17
    Member BananaAssassin's Avatar
    Status
    BananaAssassin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorance View Post
    Exactly. People seem to be forgetting that Naruto is only 16/17. He's a kid, basically. He hasn't had the training to be hokage, but that doesn't mean he's not capable of it.

    Tsunade was over 50 when she became Hokage. Naruto is probably more skilled than her and he isn't even half her age. If he's motivated, he'll do it.

    Also, Tsunade wasn't that determined to be Hokage, but once she had something to focus on (Lee) she just fit into the role. Hokage isn't something that is judged by intelligence. It's judged by the willingness to protect the people of the village.

    Naruto also has the ability to lead, while he is indeed of needing to calm down and relax, people would gladly follow him into hell and back. If he works on his impulsive nature I see no reason for him not becoming Hokage.
    Good poinst but naruto is still a genin so..that tells us something.
    And also those things u just listed, well maybe if we think common sense then we can probably compare Leaf to our worlds nations and do you think people who are not intelligent gets elected? Forget Bush lol. But still I'd love to see a leader in one of our world nations with such ideal qualities but the reality is that, that is not how u run a town/state/nation. And I dont think it shouldn't be or isn't like that in naruto as well if we were to think it in common sense. All though it would be nicer that way and idealistic.
     
         
    Last edited by BananaAssassin; 04-05-2011 at 07:10 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member pop123's Avatar
    Status
    pop123 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    dallas tx
    Posts
    4,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    naruto is relly heartless to people when they hurt your friends thats why he be a good hokage he will protect every in the village just like his father did
     
         

  19. #19
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    I believe that Naruto would make a good diplomat due to his ability to inspire people and change thier hearts. However, when it comes to logistics, like maintaining a budget or assigning teams, he may not do so well. However, there are advisors which will help him handle things like that.
     
         

  20. #20
    220 BigTDogg220's Avatar
    Status
    BigTDogg220 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    He'll have Kakashi, Shikaku, Shikamaru, and others as advisors and they'll likely be entrusted to things Naruto doesn't completely understand.
     
         

  21. #21
    S-Class Ninja krkaushik22's Avatar
    Status
    krkaushik22 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaAssassin View Post
    Yeah I know that from time to time he can be very smart and efficient in fights but other than that...For example his basic knowledge is very bad and always has been. He has weak intel about the countries surrounding them and other stuff in the shinobi world. And what always has pissed me off is that he always doesn't get nothing from the first explanation.Always asks "so, why is that?" to an obvious thing.

    And to the rasenshuriken training, if you watch the naturemanipulation training thingy closely from beginning naruto is being really dumb. Kakashi had to explain things to him like to a 6-year old.
    Kishi did it for 2 reasons=
    1. to do comedy
    2. to make the dumbest of the viewers (may be a child):D understand the concept thus interest.

    But naruto is shown to have intel at times.
    I believe he will become hokage as he understood pain's logic about justice, pain and vengenence in first go.(it was pretty tough to get even to the smart ones: u may say naruuto exp let him through but he made it that's all)

    Kakashi Training(also sages training) and pain's encounter were contrasting.
     
         

  22. #22
    Member Whiteknight's Avatar
    Status
    Whiteknight is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    833
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaAssassin View Post
    Yeah well, obviously I have thought about this since the beginning of the series and from the time it was obvious the whole series is going to that direction, that he becomes hokage. 'Cause I can't see him maturing enough to be like on Hiruzen's or Tsunade's level in decision making. Naruto making important decision's about missions and villages budjet and stuff?.. Really?

    All the other Hokages were geniuses from birth and sharpminded so do u think Naruto is going to end being Hokage as he's not the sharpmindest? I really hope so yeah but seems impossible..He's got the heart sure and strenght but other important stuff, nooo..
    All Kage are not genius from birth. In many cases what sets them aside is that they are extremely powerful ninja. The Raikage, as an example, doesn't appear to be too bright. He is strong though.

    That said, the leaf village has had a string of hokage who are both extremely intelligent and powerful at the same time. The third hokage is arguably the most intellegent, with the fourth hokage and tsunade coming in close behind. There's no evidence that the first and second hokages were super-smart, only that they were very powerful and very compassionate leaders.

    In the sense of Power, Naruto does have what it takes. He has the power to lead the village on the battlefield and to be personally responsible for the safety of the village. Off the battlefield, you raise a good point: Naruto really isn't qualified (or even interested) in some of the more mundane tasks of village leader. International relations, budgets and finance, sending other people out on dangerous missions, etc. These are all things that we would expect Naruto to do poorly.

    If Naruto does become Hokage, I expect it to last for a whole 12 days before he gives up and goes off on a different adventure.
     
         

  23. #23
    Nightwalker Michiyo's Avatar
    Status
    Michiyo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Naruto did goof off a lot in the beginning of the series, but he has seen a lot of things.
    He has learned about pain, vengeance, war etc. He has grown.
    You don't see him goofing off lately.
    Naruto thinks he himself is dumb, but he isn't.
    He was just childish. No one has ever shown him the right way to do things.
    The recent Naruto is very different of the Naruto in the beginning.
    I think he will make a great Hokage. He is the child of the foretold prophecy after all.
     
         

  24. #24
    Member BananaAssassin's Avatar
    Status
    BananaAssassin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiyo View Post
    Naruto did goof off a lot in the beginning of the series, but he has seen a lot of things.
    He has learned about pain, vengeance, war etc. He has grown.
    You don't see him goofing off lately.
    Naruto thinks he himself is dumb, but he isn't.
    He was just childish. No one has ever shown him the right way to do things.
    The recent Naruto is very different of the Naruto in the beginning.
    I think he will make a great Hokage. He is the child of the foretold prophecy after all.
    Well cant argue with you about that. Best answer so far against my opinion along with Ignorance's answer.
    Allthough I still can't see Naruto sitting behind desk making budjetcuts and sending ninjas to for examlpe S,A and B ranked missions
     
         

  25. #25
    ProdigyRokuX's Avatar
    Status
    ProdigyRokuX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    1,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the power of love
    overcomes the love of power,
    the world will know peace
     

    Re: Naruto too stupid to become Hokage?

    i think he matured actually, and even became a bit smarter, also you don't have to be smart to be hokage....(even though all of them are) i think (assuming sasuke returns to the village and is forgiven) sasuke will be naruto's "right-hand-man" just as shizune is tsunade's, shikamaru will fill the same role as his father.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •