• Powerful ninja

23 100.00%
    Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    bored -_-

Strong vs Powerful Ninja

........so confusing...rily! i mean..
    we tend to find strong Characters, by that we compare their abilities , skills and etc..
    just wanna ask.. is being strong is likely being powerful?..or likewise having a powerful same with becoming strong?...very confusing though..

like Tsunade, she's strong (only sh*t people don't disagree)...but not to the point that i consider her as powerful ninja... Or like itachi, his incredibly powerful but hence is he strong?

definition source net
    powerful is capable of exerting power

Strong is marked by great physical power

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Strong vs Powerful Ninja

nice thread dude. I've been thinking the same..but yeah there are powerful AND strong ninjas...but some are both..like Raikage for example

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    bored -_-

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    nice thread dude. I've been thinking the same..but yeah there are powerful AND strong ninjas...but some are both..like Raikage for example
    Thanks:D...yah raikage.., is he powerful or just being very strong?O.O

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

lol im not trying to be mean but i had no idea what your trying to say here it confuses me

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by shonenvan View Post
    Thanks:D...yah raikage.., is he powerful or just being very strong?O.O
    I think both. Since he obviously has very great physical strength as u can see by just looking at he's appearance. But that combined to his Lighting Release Armour and the fact that he can break through Susanoo, I'd say yeah he's both! : D

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    bored -_-

Quote Originally Posted by rihari View Post
    lol im not trying to be mean but i had no idea what your trying to say here it confuses me
    its okay...
    it really confuse...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think Power > Strong?
    Like, according to you're definition, strong is only physical power, which...is not the only thing needed in battle.
    Your power definition is more..broad? It's not enough... I feel it attributes to more things. Exerting 'power' seems better than regular than old strength?
    It depends on the proper definitions -___- , 'cause to me they can seem the same.
    Of course, shinobi that have both, are obviously the best.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Mother, Sweet Mother,
    send your child unto me. For
    the sins of the Unworthy must
    be baptized in Blood and Fear

yea power definately beats strength. like say you put sasuke(pretty good amount of power) against sakura(very powerful yet lacking in most other areas) sasuke would own. because being able to display power at those levels is much better than brute strength. same deal with tsunade vs. pein. pein wins because of the sheer amount of power he has.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    getting really baked.

Power > strong

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What would basic shinobi like Minato and Kakashi go under? Minato can't break through walls like A can but hes the fastest to ever live, Minato doesn't have a ubber powerful jutsu that can take out villages but he can kill anyone with the rasengan. He can also think 1,000 moves ahead in seconds.
    Kakashi is a similar fighter in which he uses his brain to out match foes like A or Pain

My point is were do intelligence fighters go?

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    bored -_-

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    What would basic shinobi like Minato and Kakashi go under? Minato can't break through walls like A can but hes the fastest to ever live, Minato doesn't have a ubber powerful jutsu that can take out villages but he can kill anyone with the rasengan. He can also think 1,000 moves ahead in seconds.
    Kakashi is a similar fighter in which he uses his brain to out match foes like A or Pain

lot more confusing, maybe in the power side.. but not clearly
    intelligent cant smash rock or somethin, mmm im thnkin.......
    syntax error.....malfuctioned...nooooooooo

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post

It's not a question of intelligence since this thread only concerns itself with strenght and powerfulness.
    But I know u can't suggest that with only intelligence u can gain victory in shinobi fights? Ninja has to have one of the latter mentioned: power or strenght. I think u misinterpreted the definition of powerfulness. As starter of this thread says itachi is powerful but does not blow villages. So it basically means how tough u are.

Minato and Kakashi both have remarkable power. Gamabunta, rasengan, kakashi's earth jutsus, kamui etc. Power is not just exploding something.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half Lycan Primape Giant....
    Half Canine Monsterous Demon

guys hes not asking which is greater! why is people saying power is greater than strength and stuff?

these words "powerful" and "strong" are all based on context. there isnt a simple answer to your question.

you talk about a "Strong" ninja. what makes them strong? physical strength? the responsibility to protect their loved ones? a moral? loyalty to ones village? theirs many things that gives people strength and make them strong.

you talk about being "Powerful" ninjas. what is power? jutsus? techniques? statuses like genin, chunin, kages, war general? money? knowledge/intelligence? theres many sources or figures of power.

lol see theres waay too much things to consider when talking about power and strength or strong ninjas and powerful ninjas.

btw i wish you put a "both" or "tie" option on the poll cuz i dont think either is greater than the other.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post
    guys hes not asking which is greater! why is people saying power is greater than strength and stuff?

these words "powerful" and "strong" are all based on context. there isnt a simple answer to your question.

you talk about a "Strong" ninja. what makes them strong? physical strength? the responsibility to protect their loved ones? a moral? loyalty to ones village? theirs many things that gives people strength and make them strong.

you talk about being "Powerful" ninjas. what is power? jutsus? techniques? statuses like genin, chunin, kages, war general? money? knowledge/intelligence? theres many sources or figures of power.

lol see theres waay too much things to consider when talking about power and strength or strong ninjas and powerful ninjas.

btw i wish you put a "both" or "tie" option on the poll cuz i dont think either is greater than the other.
    He already explains what he means, in the starpost.

Putting it simple:
    Strenght: physical, meaning that how big bolder can u pick up or how big hole can u punch in to wall.
    Power: jutsus and simply to put it just defines how tough u are. And how can u attack or defend urself.

forget the loyalty, moral and responsibility for loved ones 'cause that wasn't the case here.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out there

I quite like this thread

The way I see it strong ninja usually means how powerful in terms of taijutsu stature and powerful ninja are generally shown to have powerful ninjutsu/ninjutsu aided taijutsu .

Some ninja have strong techniques but does that mean they are strong shinobi? IMO NO.

The Sasuke and Itachi comparison shows this prefect. They each have the MS techniques. For example sasuke is better at manipulating the black flames as he shown great skill in nature chakra manipulation(like his chadori variants) and Itachi is better at using Tsukuyomi as hes far better in genjutsu. So as you can see both brothers have different skills in different areas.

But sassano is a jutsu that seems to be the same regardless whether its sasuke or itachi. Excluding the legendary weapons itachi had, both versions of sassano have the same attack and defense capabilities. So sassano is a jutsu which doesn't tell you how powerful the ninja really is you can't use it to as gauge. And speaking of those weapons do they show us how powerful the user is? It certainly does not, why you ask? Well if you gave sasuke those items for his sassano would be just as "invincible". Even though I don't believe the legendary items are invincible you can see my point about how you determine one's power or strength.

Long story short you can only can base how strong/powerful a person is ON SKILL NOT TECHNIQUES OR LEGENDARY WEAPONS. I think that should the true message here from this thread in my opinion. The shinobi with more skill is deemed more powerful or stronger.

Its like Zetsu said " A master with a pebble can beat a novice with kunai"

Also I think the vote is not appropriate because we have seen how epic taijutsu can be from the Raikage and Might Guy. So it all depends on the user's skill in my opinion.

Last edited by psukkar; 04-09-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    bored -_-

nice...

Status
    Jun 2009
    Konohagakure, Hidden Leaf Village, Fire Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    This girl is on Fire! <3

Well, two are different terms, but they are related.

For me, as a shinobi, you can't be powerful if you're not strong. Powerful shinobis in narutoverse have shown both physical (ninjutsu, gengutsu & taijutsu) & intellectual strengths (decision making, strategizing, ect.) They also, being a powerful shinobi have a great influence and control over the many shinobis out there, hence strong shinobis have the potential to be powerful.

However, if we weigh these two different terms it doesn't automatically imply that powerful shinobis can beat strong shinobis.

Last edited by Tsunade Senju; 04-10-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda

i can't wait until its tsunades and sakuras time to shine in the war i just want people to see how wrong they were

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    bored -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    i can't wait until its tsunades and sakuras time to shine in the war i just want people to see how wrong they were
    :D nice

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Minato was not Powerfull but he can own most of owerfull ninjas by being a strong one