Apr 2014
    The New Moon casts it's shadow
    upon the world as the Bloody
    Mist taint's humanity's sense
    of light, for which there is
    only darkness to follow and
    anguish at it's end.

[BETA]NBRP Mission System

Recently , I have decided to formulate a mission system for the Naruto Base Rp. The mission will be centered around the NW, using various locations,NPCs , and even the bio's of our fellow members as a catalyst for the system. This was designed by me in order to provide a fun rping experience when there are times that your village is not at war. Arent you tired of just travelling and fighting? Why not create a story between your bio and other villagers and villages.Personally, ive always been a fan of the fact that shinobi encounter each other more than once due to the missions theyve been placed on such as Kakashi meeting Zabuza 3 times in his lifetime. I believe that this system could bring about fun peace and maybe even destruction if the mission takes a wrong turn. I will need the Cooperation of many members, Kages and the moderators of the RP subforum to aid me in order for this system to be a success. It is entirely up to the Kages of their respective villages to choose who goes on what mission and if they will conduct it along with another village. Be aware that multiple villages might be on the same mission so in that case it would also make this system a little competitive since its more so a race to complete the mission. This is where conflcit can arise and maybe events, wars and all that other good stuff can be born from a simple mission Lol. I was thinking we have the NB base bot or a mod create a thread wher eall of the missions are placed and its up for the kage to pick from the mission pool, which ones are going to get carried out. Those missions already completed will be crossed out or watermarked.

So far, the mods and members have sugested that Burn Chips sould be the currency rewarded for properly conducting missions and depending on the rank, thats how many chips you will recieve. For Example, a D-Rank mission brings about 1 burn chip for your village(or for those who conducted the mission), C-Ranks offers 2, B-Ranks offers 3, etc. . As of right now, I only have 3 Missions as a trial run for this new system and i would like it if you guys participated. I have many more misson ideas in mind and if you have some , Do not hesitate to submit them to me via vm, Pm or even post them here in this thread. Please share your thoughts and suggestions on this system down below ^^

Template:

Name:

Conditions:

By conditions I mean; Is there a time limit? Are they allowed to engage in combat?(mostly applies to joint operations with other villages), Are they allowed to leave any witnesses? Capture a shinobi alive ?,Forbidden Landmarks? etc...

Here are some example mission I've created a few moments ago

So far I have a few D rank missions written down.
    D-Rank

Name: What's all the buzz about ?
    Description:A swarm of massive bees are attacking villagers and traders wihin the Land of Honey. Your objective is to defeat the bee's, locate their hive and destroy it.

Name:The plant that saves lives.
    Description: Local villagers are coming down with a new , more violent fever. Doctors say that the herbs that they used are no longer effective and stronger ingredients are mandatory in order to prevent any casualties. The main ingredient of the supposedly stronger remedy is the juice produced by the berriers of a plant called the Black Elder. Some Black Elder trees can be found in the Land Hidden in the Forest. Retrieve the plants and bring them back to the village before its too late...

*You have 3 days to complete this mission*

Name:Good Wood
    Description:Aomatsu, a local puppeteer in Sunagakure is out of wood to create his beloved puppets. Being in the Land of Wind, vegetation is scarce and he is in dire need of supplies or he will go out of business. Your mission is to go to the Land of Wood and chop down a tree then deliver it to him. He would go himself but he is too old and he also fears the deadly Parajna group.

Oh and another thing, mission records can be recorded in our bios in the "Other" Section. So in my Adlet Uzumaki bio, My potential Mission record could be for example....

43 D-Ranks
    34 C-Ranks
    20 B-Ranks
    15 A-Ranks
    7 S-Ranks

Hopefully , you guys will enjoy this system as much as I will and im positive that it will bring about more activity on the base. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Mellow; 09-24-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Status
    Apr 2015
    Live by a creed

Re: [BETA]NBRP Mission System

I'm down for this

Status
    Apr 2014
    anguish at it's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kēji View Post
    I'm down for this
    Thanks homie ^^

Status
    Apr 2013
    #Omega4Kage #HateonPriestHebad
    #NWVsKonoha

Thought I'd officially show my support for this, and post here.

Status
    Jul 2011
    VM me if you need training in
    the basic elements.

Good job. It has the potential to become something. I like how you talked about incorporating the experiences gained in our biographies. Personally, I'd love to be able to write a history for my bio based on what I've experienced in the Ninja World, and not just a story I made up. About NPCs, I'm not sure. I recall that something of that nature was tried some years back and it failed...miserably. So instead of bringing back NPCs, it will be better if the missions are centered on the various locations in the NW (we have tons of them and most are virtually unused except for when we post to say: “Coming from here. LLM”) and on the villages, missing nins and mercs. That way, everyone can have a variety of missions to participate in. Also, instead of tying the task of creating, posting, and grading missions to a single Mod, those chosen to be part of Ninja World Assistants program that LoK is working on (dunno if the apps have been checked yet), can help to keep the cycle of missions issued and graded active.

I think this idea has a great chance if only we as RPers are willing to give it a try. Once again, good job LC.

Status
    Oct 2011
    (Im)Perfect

I support this

Status
    Jul 2012
    A status can speak volumes
    about its poster. What have
    you put here?

This concept has been circulating around villages for years, but there hasn't been a formalized system that any one village has succeeded in sustaining.

I endorse the idea, but there would need to be clear roles set for RPers and proper outcomes! Great job, Mellow, I like the initiative you're taking. Let us know if you'd like any input and help.

Status
    Jan 2016
    Nɪɴᴊᴀs ʙᴇ ᴏɴ
    ᴅɪʀᴛ. Tʜᴀᴛ's
    ᴡʜʏ I sᴛᴀʏ ᴏɴ
    ᴘᴇᴛᴛʏ. I ᴋɴᴏᴡ
    ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴊᴜᴛsᴜs
    ᴊᴀᴍ. Tʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜʏ
    ᴛʜᴀᴛ ǫᴜᴏᴛᴇ
    sᴛᴀʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ.

I like it LC I like it...

Status
    Apr 2014
    anguish at it's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegā View Post
    Thought I'd officially show my support for this, and post here.
    thanks omega
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlefinger. View Post
    Good job. It has the potential to become something. I like how you talked about incorporating the experiences gained in our biographies. Personally, I'd love to be able to write a history for my bio based on what I've experienced in the Ninja World, and not just a story I made up. About NPCs, I'm not sure. I recall that something of that nature was tried some years back and it failed...miserably. So instead of bringing back NPCs, it will be better if the missions are centered on the various locations in the NW (we have tons of them and most are virtually unused except for when we post to say: “Coming from here. LLM”) and on the villages, missing nins and mercs. That way, everyone can have a variety of missions to participate in. Also, instead of tying the task of creating, posting, and grading missions to a single Mod, those chosen to be part of Ninja World Assistants program that LoK is working on (dunno if the apps have been checked yet), can help to keep the cycle of missions issued and graded active.

I think this idea has a great chance if only we as RPers are willing to give it a try. Once again, good job LC.
    thank you LF. It will most likely be up to me, the nwa and the kages to create the various misssions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Future Hendrix View Post
    I support this
    thanks bludt. 21 21 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Souji View Post
    This concept has been circulating around villages for years, but there hasn't been a formalized system that any one village has succeeded in sustaining.

I endorse the idea, but there would need to be clear roles set for RPers and proper outcomes! Great job, Mellow, I like the initiative you're taking. Let us know if you'd like any input and help.
    Thank you Souji ! And the thing is , If we do this as a whole , it has a greater chance at being successful rather than each village individually attempting to create mission systems.i'll most definately shoot you a vm if any questions come up. Also, im always open for suggestions ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    I like it LC I like it...
    Thanks Jay

Status
    Mar 2014
    “ FRIENDS DON’T LIE. ”

Not it would matter what I say, but I support the idea. This is another form NW's Healthy interaction, than the current unknowns that salivate random conflict and uneventful historical battle spites that wage on to become norms.

Status
    Apr 2014
    anguish at it's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rücken 定規 View Post
    Not it would matter what I say, but I support the idea. This is another form NW's Healthy interaction, than the current unknowns that salivate random conflict and uneventful historical battle spites that wage on to become norms.
    every opinion counts bro. thanks

Status
    Feb 2013
    It's hard being this much
    better than you.

I would definitely support this. u-u

Status
    Apr 2014
    anguish at it's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I would definitely support this. u-u
    thanks penguu. it means a lot.

Status
    Aug 2011
    匕モ丹爪
    乃尺モモ乙ㄚ

TBH, this has been suggested many times before, you just gave it currency, which has been the debated serveralt times that they would be none impletmented. The mission system was suppose to fall under the Kage supervision and discretion, not the Mods.

Status
    Mar 2014
    “ FRIENDS DON’T LIE. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    TBH, this has been suggested many times before, you just gave it currency, which has been the debated serveralt times that they would be none impletmented. The mission system was suppose to fall under the Kage supervision and discretion, not the Mods.
    With LoK, all is possible u.u

Status
    Apr 2014
    anguish at it's end.

as i said to souji. it would be more dificult to have seperate mission systems rather than having one unified one. If we can maintain this system for a long enough time for people to fully under stand it, than kages should be able to take it under their wing. but again , i believe it would be better if we all had a pool full of missions and kages select which missions will be carried out and who will execute them.

Status
    Aug 2011
    匕モ丹爪
    乃尺モモ乙ㄚ

Quote Originally Posted by Rücken 定規 View Post
    With LoK, all is possible u.u
    Even when the old staff was head, he rejeced this idea. The Naruto RP has a bigger base; this is simply hard to track.

Status
    Mar 2014
    “ FRIENDS DON’T LIE. ”

Even when the old staff was head, he rejeced this idea. The Naruto RP has a bigger base; this is simply hard to track.
    Did you read upwards on the reply made by LC? He counters somewhat your claims.

Status
    Apr 2014
    anguish at it's end.

Its going to happen and it's going to be successful

Status
    Nov 2014
    Trying to find the strength to
    protect the people I care for
    so they no longer have to
    fear.

Sounds like it could get really fun

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»