Page 108 of 464 « First ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... Last»
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 11580
  1. #2676
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kurapika View Post
    air·borne (ârbôrn, -brn)
    adj.
    1. Carried by or through the air: airborne pollen.
    2. Transported in aircraft: airborne troops.
    3. In flight; flying: The plane is airborne.

    Feet might not stay connect to the floor, isn't exactly being in mid air, ya'kno.
    It is. He's mid air if his feet aren't touching the ground. What would you call it? If you jump a bit into the air say an inch or two aren't you mid air?

    I'll further this by saying airborne pollen can be an inch off the ground a centimeter off the ground or a mile high in the air no matter where it is it's airborne correct this is taking into account that's it's not on the ground?
     
         
    Last edited by Howard; 12-16-2012 at 06:11 PM.

  2. #2677
    'Kurapika's Avatar
    Status
    'Kurapika is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    It is. He's mid air if his feet aren't touching the ground. What would you call it? If you ump a bit into the air say an inch or two aren't you mid air?
    I dunno what you're trying to say. Surely you don't think going airborne and having your feet somewhat unconnected to the floor aren't the same thing.
    I was obviously just saying that " people retaining their same positions." isn't completely accurate, as the floor would be pulled faster than gravity would pull him. And I did say his feet 'might' not stay connected to the floor.

    Edit: @your edit, still being carried in mid air, even if not far above the ground. How is this even related to the situation again? xD
     
         

  3. #2678
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kurapika View Post
    I dunno what you're trying to say. Surely you don't think going airborne and having your feet somewhat unconnected to the floor aren't the same thing.
    I was obviously just saying that " people retaining their same positions." isn't completely accurate, as the floor would be pulled faster than gravity would pull him. And I did say his feet 'might' not stay connected to the floor.

    Edit: @your edit, still being carried in mid air, even if not far above the ground. How is this even related to the situation again? xD
    Feet not on the ground = airborne. O_o there is no grey zone either you're standing on the ground (even if you're standing on your tip toes) or your airborne (in the air). If the tech lowers fast enough (in your opinion) that his feet aren't on the ground then he's airborne.
     
         

  4. #2679
    'Kurapika's Avatar
    Status
    'Kurapika is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Feet not on the ground = airborne. O_o there is no grey zone either you're standing on the ground (even if you're standing on your tip toes) or your airborne (in the air). If the tech lowers fast enough (in your opinion) that his feet aren't on the ground then he's airborne.
    e_e No, not really.
     
         

  5. #2680
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kurapika View Post
    air·borne (ârbôrn, -brn)
    adj.
    1. Carried by or through the air: airborne pollen.
    2. Transported in aircraft: airborne troops.
    3. In flight; flying: The plane is airborne.

    Feet might not stay connect to the floor, isn't exactly being in mid air, ya'kno.
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kurapika View Post
    e_e No, not really.


    If his feet are no longer connected to the ground he is in the air moving THROUGH it even if it's by the smallest inch or centimeter he's off the ground and moving through the air. Hence airborne.

    At this point you just don't want to look like you contradicted yourself which you did. You tried to correct me (when a sensei had already said the same thing I did) and then agreed with the sensei which still makes no sense as we said the same thing. He's not in the air. Both me and Dante.. said that, you then told me that he may be in the air in your opinion and agreed with Dante.. saying he's not in the air in your opinion. It was contradictory and you just don't want it to seem that way. We done now?
     
         

  6. #2681
    'Kurapika's Avatar
    Status
    'Kurapika is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post


    If his feet are no longer connected to the ground he is in the air moving THROUGH it even if it's by the smallest inch or centimeter he's off the ground and moving through the air. Hence airborne.

    At this point you just don't want to look like you contradicted yourself which you did. You tried to correct me (when a sensei had already said the same thing I did) and then agreed with the sensei which still makes no sense as we said the same thing. He's not in the air. Both me and Dante.. said that, you then told me that he may be in the air in your opinion and agreed with Dante.. saying he's not in the air in your opinion. It was contradictory and you just don't want it to seem that way. We done now?
    But I disagree.
     
         

  7. #2682
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kurapika View Post
    But I disagree.
    So you disagree that if his feet are no longer on the ground and he's in the air moving through it he's airborne. Even when that's the definition you provided?
     
         

  8. #2683
    'Kurapika's Avatar
    Status
    'Kurapika is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    So you disagree that if his feet are no longer on the ground and he's in the air moving through it he's airborne. Even when that's the definition you provided?
    But how?
     
         

  9. #2684
    Ryuko's Avatar
    Status
    Ryuko is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    9,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm tired
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    If someone with a 3 tomoe Madara bio steals Hashirama DNA can they have a Madara with 3 tomoe and wood release
     
         

  10. #2685
    black uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    black uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    8,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    I think their feet would leave the ground it simple physics. The ground drops at such a fast rate that the weight of the ninja would/could not compensate...thus leaving him airborne.
     
         

  11. #2686
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by black uchiha View Post
    I think their feet would leave the ground it simple physics. The ground drops at such a fast rate that the weight of the ninja would/could not compensate...thus leaving him airborne.
    None of the Ninja in the anime lost their footing when the tech was used.
     
         

  12. #2687
    ZandaT's Avatar
    Status
    ZandaT is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    U.S.V.I
    Posts
    10,253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doin me sine 94
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Um...I made a bio here and edited it after being approved (didn't know it was a bad thing to do at the time). Well that was my first bio so its kinda lame so I made a new one that i've been waiting on to get approved. The thing thats scaring me is that my bio is slowly moving towards the next page and I really dont want it to be forgotten. So how long will it take to get approved? (New bio)I really want to drop the first one and start out with my higher rank second one.
     
         

  13. #2688
    Alternative's Avatar
    Status
    Alternative is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Give it back," you
    lament. "I've had
    enough," you wail. You
    think I care? That is fate!
    This terrible, brittle, puny
    story is the real thing!
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    None of the Ninja in the anime lost their footing when the tech was used.
    That's because they were prepared for it. It was most likely Kankuro's plan for the technique to be used defensively, so he could prepare their squad for it in advance so nothing happens to them. If you weren't prepared for it, you may lose your footing and go slightly airborne, assuming the ground is being lowered faster than what gravity pulls you down.
     
         

  14. #2689
    Mathias's Avatar
    Status
    Mathias is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Iwagakure
    Posts
    19,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iwagakure no Sato
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanks.. View Post
    If someone with a 3 tomoe Madara bio steals Hashirama DNA can they have a Madara with 3 tomoe and wood release
    @Question: No

    All the rules regarding Madara's implants are clearly stated under his rules, I suggest you take a second look. ^_^
     
         

  15. #2690
    Shade Dracova's Avatar
    Status
    Shade Dracova is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Intellect with
    indirection"
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    None of the Ninja in the anime lost their footing when the tech was used.
    The anime has almost nothing to do with logic, which is a big part of our RP. In the anime you see ninjas jumping 15 meters in the air, though can we do that in RP? No, I would have to agree with BU and Kura as if a section of the earth dropped at a fast enough speed who ever is standing over it will lose their foooting for sure and maybe even go airbourne just like a falling elevator.
     
         

  16. #2691
    Better's Avatar
    Status
    Better is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    14,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of the North
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    if we aren't rping like ninja, but rather humans then whats the whole point of this?

    btw does lightning release: sixteen pillar bind release lightning into the oven that it creates, because in the anime it doesn't show it
     
         

  17. #2692
    ZandaT's Avatar
    Status
    ZandaT is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    U.S.V.I
    Posts
    10,253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doin me sine 94
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZandaT View Post
    Um...I made a bio here and edited it after being approved (didn't know it was a bad thing to do at the time). Well that was my first bio so its kinda lame so I made a new one that i've been waiting on to get approved. The thing thats scaring me is that my bio is slowly moving towards the next page and I really dont want it to be forgotten. So how long will it take to get approved? (New bio)I really want to drop the first one and start out with my higher rank second one.
    Don't ignore question
     
         

  18. #2693
    ♪ Otogakure Method's Avatar
    Status
    Method is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    On the borders of Insanity
    Posts
    5,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's my Nintendo, my Ninja
    way
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    You just made the bio the other day, Bio checking takes time & some people have had to wait for weeks for their bio to be approved, it wont be forgotten you just need to be a bit patient, Bio checkers are also in charge of other things that they need to have their attention on
     
         

  19. #2694
    ReXii's Avatar
    Status
    ReXii is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Up.
    Posts
    14,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one in front of the gun
    lives forever.
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kurapika View Post
    But how?
    Long story short, the move was used in the anime, it does not drop quick enough to make his feet leave the floor in fact it takes several full seconds to completely lower, it has been overrated forever in our RP, thanks to the manga people seem to think they can judge the speed of a technique from a still image, the technique is not very fast at all, feel free to watch the anime episode that show's it, can't remember which one it was though so GL;HF.
     
         

  20. #2695
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jigoku
    Posts
    17,846
    Post Thanks / Like
    On vacations until 4th of
    August.
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanks.. View Post
    If someone with a 3 tomoe Madara bio steals Hashirama DNA can they have a Madara with 3 tomoe and wood release
    No. And think about it: When Madra gained access to Wood Release he already had EMS. So, to gian Wood Relesase you have to have EMS first. But that is all stated in the rules in case you actually read them. Which I bet you didn't since you'd notice you need to be a sensei to gain such a bio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade Dracova View Post
    The anime has almost nothing to do with logic, which is a big part of our RP. In the anime you see ninjas jumping 15 meters in the air, though can we do that in RP? No, I would have to agree with BU and Kura as if a section of the earth dropped at a fast enough speed who ever is standing over it will lose their foooting for sure and maybe even go airbourne just like a falling elevator.
    Actually we do jump 15 meters in the air in the RPG. O_o We also do plenty more oped stuff than in the Manga. I mean, i have a bio with 8 elements... The difference between Logic and NARUTOVERSE Logic is always missed... >_>

    As for moving earth core, you aren't left mid air when the earth drops. You can however be left pinned to the ground for a few seconds when it rises. People havefailed bio tests because of this issue.
     
         

  21. #2696
    'Kurapika's Avatar
    Status
    'Kurapika is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by ReXii View Post
    Long story short, the move was used in the anime, it does not drop quick enough to make his feet leave the floor in fact it takes several full seconds to completely lower, it has been overrated forever in our RP, thanks to the manga people seem to think they can judge the speed of a technique from a still image, the technique is not very fast at all, feel free to watch the anime episode that show's it, can't remember which one it was though so GL;HF.
    If it was so slow that your feet's connection to the ground wouldn't be effected, one could simply run across the dropping area, or jump from it. I'd suppose.
    Also, the usage in which it rises up is fast enough to pin someone to surface being raised. Or at least according to some failed tests. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    No. And think about it: When Madra gained access to Wood Release he already had EMS. So, to gian Wood Relesase you have to have EMS first. But that is all stated in the rules in case you actually read them. Which I bet you didn't since you'd notice you need to be a sensei to gain such a bio.



    Actually we do jump 15 meters in the air in the RPG. O_o We also do plenty more oped stuff than in the Manga. I mean, i have a bio with 8 elements... The difference between Logic and NARUTOVERSE Logic is always missed... >_>

    As for moving earth core, you aren't left mid air when the earth drops. You can however be left pinned to the ground for a few seconds when it rises. People havefailed bio tests because of this issue.
    But jumping 15 meters in the air doesn't defy the laws of physics, it only defies logic as a human wouldn't have enough strength to jump that far, but if they did theoretically, they could. But to stay connected with the floor entirely as it drops would be like increasing the force pulling you towards the earth's core which isn't possible physically.
    Btw, I'm not saying one would be left hanging mid air, but he won't be standing on the ground as he falls with it. In my opinion of course.
     
         
    Last edited by 'Kurapika; 12-17-2012 at 03:50 PM.

  22. #2697
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jigoku
    Posts
    17,846
    Post Thanks / Like
    On vacations until 4th of
    August.
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kurapika View Post
    If it was so slow that your feet's connection to the ground wouldn't be effected, one could simply run across the dropping area, or jump from it. I'd suppose.
    Also, the usage in which it rises up is fast enough to pin someone to surface being raised. Or at least according to some failed tests. lol



    But jumping 15 meters in the air doesn't defy the laws of physics, it only defies logic as a human wouldn't have enough strength to jump that far, but if they did theoretically, they could. But to stay connected with the floor entirely as it drops would be like increasing the force pulling you towards the earth's core which isn't possible physically.
    Btw, I'm not saying one would be left hanging mid air, but he won't be standing on the ground as he falls with it. In my opinion of course.
    Want Real World logic? You are only left unable to be connected with the ground if it drops at an acceleration higher than 10m/s... Basically, only if the floor manages to lower itself faster than gravity can pull you down. It doesn't. Its not that fast. Period.
     
         

  23. #2698
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by ReXii View Post
    Long story short, the move was used in the anime, it does not drop quick enough to make his feet leave the floor in fact it takes several full seconds to completely lower, it has been overrated forever in our RP, thanks to the manga people seem to think they can judge the speed of a technique from a still image, the technique is not very fast at all, feel free to watch the anime episode that show's it, can't remember which one it was though so GL;HF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    No. And think about it: When Madra gained access to Wood Release he already had EMS. So, to gian Wood Relesase you have to have EMS first. But that is all stated in the rules in case you actually read them. Which I bet you didn't since you'd notice you need to be a sensei to gain such a bio.



    Actually we do jump 15 meters in the air in the RPG. O_o We also do plenty more oped stuff than in the Manga. I mean, i have a bio with 8 elements... The difference between Logic and NARUTOVERSE Logic is always missed... >_>

    As for moving earth core, you aren't left mid air when the earth drops. You can however be left pinned to the ground for a few seconds when it rises. People havefailed bio tests because of this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kurapika View Post
    If it was so slow that your feet's connection to the ground wouldn't be effected, one could simply run across the dropping area, or jump from it. I'd suppose.
    Also, the usage in which it rises up is fast enough to pin someone to surface being raised. Or at least according to some failed tests. lol



    But jumping 15 meters in the air doesn't defy the laws of physics, it only defies logic as a human wouldn't have enough strength to jump that far, but if they did theoretically, they could. But to stay connected with the floor entirely as it drops would be like increasing the force pulling you towards the earth's core which isn't possible physically.
    Btw, I'm not saying one would be left hanging mid air, but he won't be standing on the ground as he falls with it. In my opinion of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Want Real World logic? You are only left unable to be connected with the ground if it drops at an acceleration higher than 10m/s... Basically, only if the floor manages to lower itself faster than gravity can pull you down. It doesn't. Its not that fast. Period.
    Got tired of posting yesterday but here.



    Jutsu is seen at 6:40 and imo it's easy to see that none of the Shinobi lose their footing.
     
         

  24. #2699
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Posts
    15,973
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Want Real World logic? You are only left unable to be connected with the ground if it drops at an acceleration higher than 10m/s... Basically, only if the floor manages to lower itself faster than gravity can pull you down. It doesn't. Its not that fast. Period.
    10m/s. That's about 22.36 miles per hour.
     
         

  25. #2700
    Ushiro's Avatar
    Status
    Ushiro is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Just out of reach
    Posts
    9,700
    Post Thanks / Like
    What?! My music's too loud!
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

    While transformed using Combination Transformation can any jutsu be used?
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •