Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Re: Q&a - open for every rank!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kurapika View Post
    air·borne (ârbôrn, -brn)
    adj.
    1. Carried by or through the air: airborne pollen.
    2. Transported in aircraft: airborne troops.
    3. In flight; flying: The plane is airborne.

Feet might not stay connect to the floor, isn't exactly being in mid air, ya'kno.
    It is. He's mid air if his feet aren't touching the ground. What would you call it? If you jump a bit into the air say an inch or two aren't you mid air?

I'll further this by saying airborne pollen can be an inch off the ground a centimeter off the ground or a mile high in the air no matter where it is it's airborne correct this is taking into account that's it's not on the ground?

Last edited by Howard; 12-16-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    It is. He's mid air if his feet aren't touching the ground. What would you call it? If you ump a bit into the air say an inch or two aren't you mid air?
    I dunno what you're trying to say. Surely you don't think going airborne and having your feet somewhat unconnected to the floor aren't the same thing.
    I was obviously just saying that " people retaining their same positions." isn't completely accurate, as the floor would be pulled faster than gravity would pull him. And I did say his feet 'might' not stay connected to the floor.

Edit: @your edit, still being carried in mid air, even if not far above the ground. How is this even related to the situation again? xD

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

I dunno what you're trying to say. Surely you don't think going airborne and having your feet somewhat unconnected to the floor aren't the same thing.
    I was obviously just saying that " people retaining their same positions." isn't completely accurate, as the floor would be pulled faster than gravity would pull him. And I did say his feet 'might' not stay connected to the floor.

Edit: @your edit, still being carried in mid air, even if not far above the ground. How is this even related to the situation again? xD
    Feet not on the ground = airborne. O_o there is no grey zone either you're standing on the ground (even if you're standing on your tip toes) or your airborne (in the air). If the tech lowers fast enough (in your opinion) that his feet aren't on the ground then he's airborne.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    wealth

Feet not on the ground = airborne. O_o there is no grey zone either you're standing on the ground (even if you're standing on your tip toes) or your airborne (in the air). If the tech lowers fast enough (in your opinion) that his feet aren't on the ground then he's airborne.
    e_e No, not really.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

air·borne (ârbôrn, -brn)
    adj.
    1. Carried by or through the air: airborne pollen.
    2. Transported in aircraft: airborne troops.
    3. In flight; flying: The plane is airborne.

Feet might not stay connect to the floor, isn't exactly being in mid air, ya'kno.
    e_e No, not really.

If his feet are no longer connected to the ground he is in the air moving THROUGH it even if it's by the smallest inch or centimeter he's off the ground and moving through the air. Hence airborne.

At this point you just don't want to look like you contradicted yourself which you did. You tried to correct me (when a sensei had already said the same thing I did) and then agreed with the sensei which still makes no sense as we said the same thing. He's not in the air. Both me and Dante.. said that, you then told me that he may be in the air in your opinion and agreed with Dante.. saying he's not in the air in your opinion. It was contradictory and you just don't want it to seem that way. We done now?

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    wealth

If his feet are no longer connected to the ground he is in the air moving THROUGH it even if it's by the smallest inch or centimeter he's off the ground and moving through the air. Hence airborne.

At this point you just don't want to look like you contradicted yourself which you did. You tried to correct me (when a sensei had already said the same thing I did) and then agreed with the sensei which still makes no sense as we said the same thing. He's not in the air. Both me and Dante.. said that, you then told me that he may be in the air in your opinion and agreed with Dante.. saying he's not in the air in your opinion. It was contradictory and you just don't want it to seem that way. We done now?
    But I disagree.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

But I disagree.
    So you disagree that if his feet are no longer on the ground and he's in the air moving through it he's airborne. Even when that's the definition you provided?

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    wealth

So you disagree that if his feet are no longer on the ground and he's in the air moving through it he's airborne. Even when that's the definition you provided?
    But how?

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm tired

If someone with a 3 tomoe Madara bio steals Hashirama DNA can they have a Madara with 3 tomoe and wood release

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think their feet would leave the ground it simple physics. The ground drops at such a fast rate that the weight of the ninja would/could not compensate...thus leaving him airborne.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Quote Originally Posted by black uchiha View Post
    I think their feet would leave the ground it simple physics. The ground drops at such a fast rate that the weight of the ninja would/could not compensate...thus leaving him airborne.
    None of the Ninja in the anime lost their footing when the tech was used.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doin me sine 94

Um...I made a bio here and edited it after being approved (didn't know it was a bad thing to do at the time). Well that was my first bio so its kinda lame so I made a new one that i've been waiting on to get approved. The thing thats scaring me is that my bio is slowly moving towards the next page and I really dont want it to be forgotten. So how long will it take to get approved? (New bio)I really want to drop the first one and start out with my higher rank second one.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Give it back," you
    lament. "I've had
    enough," you wail. You
    think I care? That is fate!
    This terrible, brittle, puny
    story is the real thing!

That's because they were prepared for it. It was most likely Kankuro's plan for the technique to be used defensively, so he could prepare their squad for it in advance so nothing happens to them. If you weren't prepared for it, you may lose your footing and go slightly airborne, assuming the ground is being lowered faster than what gravity pulls you down.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iwagakure no Sato

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks.. View Post
    If someone with a 3 tomoe Madara bio steals Hashirama DNA can they have a Madara with 3 tomoe and wood release
    @Question: No

All the rules regarding Madara's implants are clearly stated under his rules, I suggest you take a second look. ^_^

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Intellect with
    indirection"

The anime has almost nothing to do with logic, which is a big part of our RP. In the anime you see ninjas jumping 15 meters in the air, though can we do that in RP? No, I would have to agree with BU and Kura as if a section of the earth dropped at a fast enough speed who ever is standing over it will lose their foooting for sure and maybe even go airbourne just like a falling elevator.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of the North

if we aren't rping like ninja, but rather humans then whats the whole point of this?

btw does lightning release: sixteen pillar bind release lightning into the oven that it creates, because in the anime it doesn't show it

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doin me sine 94

Quote Originally Posted by ZandaT View Post
    Um...I made a bio here and edited it after being approved (didn't know it was a bad thing to do at the time). Well that was my first bio so its kinda lame so I made a new one that i've been waiting on to get approved. The thing thats scaring me is that my bio is slowly moving towards the next page and I really dont want it to be forgotten. So how long will it take to get approved? (New bio)I really want to drop the first one and start out with my higher rank second one.
    Don't ignore question

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's my Nintendo, my Ninja
    way

You just made the bio the other day, Bio checking takes time & some people have had to wait for weeks for their bio to be approved, it wont be forgotten you just need to be a bit patient, Bio checkers are also in charge of other things that they need to have their attention on

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one in front of the gun
    lives forever.

But how?
    Long story short, the move was used in the anime, it does not drop quick enough to make his feet leave the floor in fact it takes several full seconds to completely lower, it has been overrated forever in our RP, thanks to the manga people seem to think they can judge the speed of a technique from a still image, the technique is not very fast at all, feel free to watch the anime episode that show's it, can't remember which one it was though so GL;HF.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    On vacations until 4th of
    August.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks.. View Post
    No. And think about it: When Madra gained access to Wood Release he already had EMS. So, to gian Wood Relesase you have to have EMS first. But that is all stated in the rules in case you actually read them. Which I bet you didn't since you'd notice you need to be a sensei to gain such a bio.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade Dracova View Post
    The anime has almost nothing to do with logic, which is a big part of our RP. In the anime you see ninjas jumping 15 meters in the air, though can we do that in RP? No, I would have to agree with BU and Kura as if a section of the earth dropped at a fast enough speed who ever is standing over it will lose their foooting for sure and maybe even go airbourne just like a falling elevator.
    Actually we do jump 15 meters in the air in the RPG. O_o We also do plenty more oped stuff than in the Manga. I mean, i have a bio with 8 elements... The difference between Logic and NARUTOVERSE Logic is always missed... >_>

As for moving earth core, you aren't left mid air when the earth drops. You can however be left pinned to the ground for a few seconds when it rises. People havefailed bio tests because of this issue.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    wealth

Quote Originally Posted by ReXii View Post
    Long story short, the move was used in the anime, it does not drop quick enough to make his feet leave the floor in fact it takes several full seconds to completely lower, it has been overrated forever in our RP, thanks to the manga people seem to think they can judge the speed of a technique from a still image, the technique is not very fast at all, feel free to watch the anime episode that show's it, can't remember which one it was though so GL;HF.
    If it was so slow that your feet's connection to the ground wouldn't be effected, one could simply run across the dropping area, or jump from it. I'd suppose.
    Also, the usage in which it rises up is fast enough to pin someone to surface being raised. Or at least according to some failed tests. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    No. And think about it: When Madra gained access to Wood Release he already had EMS. So, to gian Wood Relesase you have to have EMS first. But that is all stated in the rules in case you actually read them. Which I bet you didn't since you'd notice you need to be a sensei to gain such a bio.

Actually we do jump 15 meters in the air in the RPG. O_o We also do plenty more oped stuff than in the Manga. I mean, i have a bio with 8 elements... The difference between Logic and NARUTOVERSE Logic is always missed... >_>

As for moving earth core, you aren't left mid air when the earth drops. You can however be left pinned to the ground for a few seconds when it rises. People havefailed bio tests because of this issue.
    But jumping 15 meters in the air doesn't defy the laws of physics, it only defies logic as a human wouldn't have enough strength to jump that far, but if they did theoretically, they could. But to stay connected with the floor entirely as it drops would be like increasing the force pulling you towards the earth's core which isn't possible physically.
    Btw, I'm not saying one would be left hanging mid air, but he won't be standing on the ground as he falls with it. In my opinion of course.

Last edited by 'Kurapika; 12-17-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    On vacations until 4th of
    August.

If it was so slow that your feet's connection to the ground wouldn't be effected, one could simply run across the dropping area, or jump from it. I'd suppose.
    Also, the usage in which it rises up is fast enough to pin someone to surface being raised. Or at least according to some failed tests. lol

But jumping 15 meters in the air doesn't defy the laws of physics, it only defies logic as a human wouldn't have enough strength to jump that far, but if they did theoretically, they could. But to stay connected with the floor entirely as it drops would be like increasing the force pulling you towards the earth's core which isn't possible physically.
    Btw, I'm not saying one would be left hanging mid air, but he won't be standing on the ground as he falls with it. In my opinion of course.
    Want Real World logic? You are only left unable to be connected with the ground if it drops at an acceleration higher than 10m/s... Basically, only if the floor manages to lower itself faster than gravity can pull you down. It doesn't. Its not that fast. Period.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Quote Originally Posted by ReXii View Post

Want Real World logic? You are only left unable to be connected with the ground if it drops at an acceleration higher than 10m/s... Basically, only if the floor manages to lower itself faster than gravity can pull you down. It doesn't. Its not that fast. Period.
    Got tired of posting yesterday but here.

Jutsu is seen at 6:40 and imo it's easy to see that none of the Shinobi lose their footing.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!

10m/s. That's about 22.36 miles per hour.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    What?! My music's too loud!

While transformed using Combination Transformation can any jutsu be used?