Page 40 of 658 « First ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... Last»
Results 781 to 800 of 13155
  1. #781
    Alphaqindyas's Avatar
    Status
    Alphaqindyas is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,721
    Location
    FL
    Sage of the Borderlands
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Mig J.J. Quiksilver~ View Post
    no you can't use Sand Jutsus, it must be mistake, you should notify some RP Mod about it
    will do
     
         

  2. #782
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18,633
    Location
    Jigoku
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post
    God damn it. That's NB Rules for you.
    But if you think about it it makes sense. Imagine if you combined 2 S-Rank fire annihilation jutsu... by your reasoning the added power of both of those techniques combined would mean that not even a forbidden ranked water jutsu could stop it. And to have an S-Rank power technique or combo you would only need 2 b-ranks. Which is ridiculous. And, if you take into account elemental strengths then basically 2 C-Rank Ligthning jutsu (combined would make an A-Rank) could stop an S-Rank earth dragon...

    Although in theory your assumption may look correct, in pratical terms its completely impossible to use in the RP.
     
         

  3. #783
    Alternative's Avatar
    Status
    Alternative is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,546
    Location
    Australia
    "Give it back," you
    lament. "I've had
    enough," you wail. You
    think I care? That is fate!
    This terrible, brittle, puny
    story is the real thing!
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    I have a question, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. Can a puppet user use Shadow Clones if they're not controlling the puppet at the time of using it?
     
         

  4. #784
    Sakkidatta Kuryami Saskun12's Avatar
    Status
    Saskun12 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Location
    USA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    -Probably the dumbest questions ever that I couldn't find an answer to-

    Are OCs allowed?
     
         

  5. #785
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18,633
    Location
    Jigoku
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    I have a question, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. Can a puppet user use Shadow Clones if they're not controlling the puppet at the time of using it?
    Puppet users can't use clones of any kind. Its stated in the puppet bio rules i think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saskun12 View Post
    -Probably the dumbest questions ever that I couldn't find an answer to-

    Are OCs allowed?
    Whats an OC?
     
         

  6. #786
    Sakkidatta Kuryami Saskun12's Avatar
    Status
    Saskun12 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Location
    USA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Puppet users can't use clones of any kind. Its stated in the puppet bio rules i think.



    Whats an OC?
    Original Character
     
         

  7. #787
    Professor Sarutobi's Avatar
    Status
    Professor Sarutobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10,166
    Location
    I am looking at the stars. They are so far away, all we ever see of stars is their old photographs.
    Red flesh cloud's choking out
    the morning sky, they said
    it'd never come, we knew it
    was a lie. All forms of life
    die now, the humans all
    succumb. Time to kiss your ass
    goodbye. the end has just
    begun.
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Yes you can make your own character.
     
         

  8. #788
    Banned
    Status
    TKDdude04 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    275
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't get the search engine to find any similar threads, nor could find anything in the rules.

    So I've been lurking the battle arena reading spars and fights while waiting on my bio to get approved. I noticed that during most of the fights....it ends in a 1 hit KO.

    What I mean is, someone uses a certain big jutsu and it hits and crushes the opponent unless they have some way of blocking the attack with a same rank jutsu, or a lower rank jutsu of a stronger element, then from what i've seen they will be "killed" by it.

    Let's use this jutsu just an an example:

    (Doton: Kujo Joushou Iwa Chuuseki) - Earth Release: Destructive Rising Rock Pillars

    Rank: A
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 30
    Damage points: 60
    Description: This jutsu causes gigantic pillars of rock to forcefully emerge from the ground. This is a even greater scaled Earth Release: Rising Spikes and is large enough to impale a summoning technique.


    On this page: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27961

    It lists the Health and Chakra of your character dependent on your ninja rank. If I have 600 health as a Chuunin, how would a jutsu that only causes 60 damage "kill" the me?

    Also, before entering a battle/spar with someone. Is it just common knowledge to write down the opponent's health/chakra, so you can monitor the damage they take as the bout progresses?

    Let me know if anything doesn't make sense and I will clarify.
     
         

  9. #789
    Lord of Kaos's Avatar
    Status
    Lord of Kaos is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,055
    Location
    Not sure yet
    ...
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    I didn't make the rules but its commonly accepted as such by the RP mods and if you look at many of the official battles judged you'll see that common assumption.



    Source ±±HERE±±
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post
    Doesn't make sense.

    3 projectiles from an S-ranked jutsu are B-ranked each, and 4 projectiles are C-rank each? 5 projectiles, D-rank each? It would only make sense if two projectiles of the S-ranked technique has 40 damage points each. 80/2=40. I had gone over with Gobi and Xylon with this, when I had a battle with someone, and we had agreed upon this. Two projectiles from an S-ranked technique, as of each is an A-ranked projectile is wrong.
    Thanks a couple of more questions though:

    1- If a jutsu says it ends after let's say 3 turns when does it end?
    ur opponents 3rd turn? at the end of your 3rd turn including the one the jutsu is used in? or at the end of your 3rd turn no including the one the jutsu is used in?

    2-Hiding like a mole tech--I heard there was a new rules that allowed you to use only earth and c-rank or below jutsu, does that mean I can use only c-rank and below Earth or can I use all earth jutsu and other jutsu up to c-rank??

    3-What to the jutsu's that have only long as range mean? Will they hurt the user if used any closer, do they need to travel a certain distance to work or what? I understand for jutsu's like (Katon: Keshi Makuga Hara) - Fire Release: Exploding Flame Crater but what about jutsu's like (Raiton: Chidori Jinrai) – Lightning Release: 1000 birds Thunder Clap?

    4-Speaking of (Raiton: Chidori Jinrai) – Lightning Release: 1000 birds Thunder Clap do you need to do chidori first to make that jutsu?


    thanks a lot for this thread
     
         

  10. #790
    Lord of Kaos's Avatar
    Status
    Lord of Kaos is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,055
    Location
    Not sure yet
    ...
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by TKDdude04 View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't get the search engine to find any similar threads, nor could find anything in the rules.

    So I've been lurking the battle arena reading spars and fights while waiting on my bio to get approved. I noticed that during most of the fights....it ends in a 1 hit KO.

    What I mean is, someone uses a certain big jutsu and it hits and crushes the opponent unless they have some way of blocking the attack with a same rank jutsu, or a lower rank jutsu of a stronger element, then from what i've seen they will be "killed" by it.

    Let's use this jutsu just an an example:

    (Doton: Kujo Joushou Iwa Chuuseki) - Earth Release: Destructive Rising Rock Pillars

    Rank: A
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 30
    Damage points: 60
    Description: This jutsu causes gigantic pillars of rock to forcefully emerge from the ground. This is a even greater scaled Earth Release: Rising Spikes and is large enough to impale a summoning technique.


    On this page: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27961

    It lists the Health and Chakra of your character dependent on your ninja rank. If I have 600 health as a Chuunin, how would a jutsu that only causes 60 damage "kill" the me?

    Also, before entering a battle/spar with someone. Is it just common knowledge to write down the opponent's health/chakra, so you can monitor the damage they take as the bout progresses?

    Let me know if anything doesn't make sense and I will clarify.
    Technically what you say is true but the chakra/health system is never used. I don't really know about the chakra part but here is why the health part isn't used:
    1-It's unrealistic: how can you live after being burned twice or after being impaled?!?
    2-Battles would never end: It's hard enough to hit your opponent once but to do it 10 times, it would make battle's go on for months.
    3-Ranks would be unfair: People could get twice the health their opponent has by spamming

    so yeah that's why the health system isn't used. I think bisha or someone tried to revive the chakra system once but I guess people don't wanna worry about the amount of jutsu's they used or they don't wanna do the calculations. Also like I said for health people would get more chakra by spamming which isn't fair.
     
         

  11. #791
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18,633
    Location
    Jigoku
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by TKDdude04 View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't get the search engine to find any similar threads, nor could find anything in the rules.

    So I've been lurking the battle arena reading spars and fights while waiting on my bio to get approved. I noticed that during most of the fights....it ends in a 1 hit KO.

    What I mean is, someone uses a certain big jutsu and it hits and crushes the opponent unless they have some way of blocking the attack with a same rank jutsu, or a lower rank jutsu of a stronger element, then from what i've seen they will be "killed" by it.

    Let's use this jutsu just an an example:

    (Doton: Kujo Joushou Iwa Chuuseki) - Earth Release: Destructive Rising Rock Pillars

    Rank: A
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 30
    Damage points: 60
    Description: This jutsu causes gigantic pillars of rock to forcefully emerge from the ground. This is a even greater scaled Earth Release: Rising Spikes and is large enough to impale a summoning technique.


    On this page: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27961

    It lists the Health and Chakra of your character dependent on your ninja rank. If I have 600 health as a Chuunin, how would a jutsu that only causes 60 damage "kill" the me?

    Also, before entering a battle/spar with someone. Is it just common knowledge to write down the opponent's health/chakra, so you can monitor the damage they take as the bout progresses?

    Let me know if anything doesn't make sense and I will clarify.
    The health system is basically a stat reference as you don't battle using it. I mean, in theory even a D-Rank jutsu has the potencial to kill so it would be pointless to grade jutsu like that. The stats of the jutsu serve as a way to determine and compare power of the jutsu and the power one needs to stop it in comparission to other jutsu. Nothing more than a reference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Of Hell View Post
    Thanks a couple of more questions though:

    1- If a jutsu says it ends after let's say 3 turns when does it end?
    ur opponents 3rd turn? at the end of your 3rd turn including the one the jutsu is used in? or at the end of your 3rd turn no including the one the jutsu is used in?

    2-Hiding like a mole tech--I heard there was a new rules that allowed you to use only earth and c-rank or below jutsu, does that mean I can use only c-rank and below Earth or can I use all earth jutsu and other jutsu up to c-rank??

    3-What to the jutsu's that have only long as range mean? Will they hurt the user if used any closer, do they need to travel a certain distance to work or what? I understand for jutsu's like (Katon: Keshi Makuga Hara) - Fire Release: Exploding Flame Crater but what about jutsu's like (Raiton: Chidori Jinrai) – Lightning Release: 1000 birds Thunder Clap?

    4-Speaking of (Raiton: Chidori Jinrai) – Lightning Release: 1000 birds Thunder Clap do you need to do chidori first to make that jutsu?


    thanks a lot for this thread
    1- Well, how can i explain it...hum... Imagine the time frame like this:

    Your First Turn
    Enemy First Turn
    Your Second Turn
    Enemy Second Turn
    Your Third Turn
    Enemy Third Turn

    In pratical matters you activate your jutsu in your first turn right? so it becomes in effect in your enemies first turn, thus it will end when your enemy ends his third turn. Always put your turn and your opponents in a "block" First, First, Second Second, Third Third. It makes it easier. However i might not have explained it clearly.

    2- While underground with that technique you can use Earth jutsu Up to C-Rank only. If you try to mold other elemental chakra or raw chakra you'll disturb your Hiding like a mole technique and end up buried yourself.

    3- Long Range or Short-Long are basically the same. However, for certain techniques like Mountain Smash (or smth) you may need to describe that you made sure you weren't caught in it. However, if a technique says Mid-Long you can only use it in mid and long range.

    4- No. The only jutsu that requires you to perform chidori first to perform it is Kirin. All others like that one are Chidori Variations. Simply put, jutsu based on Chidori but unique to themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Of Hell View Post
    Technically what you say is true but the chakra/health system is never used. I don't really know about the chakra part but here is why the health part isn't used:
    1-It's unrealistic: how can you live after being burned twice or after being impaled?!?
    2-Battles would never end: It's hard enough to hit your opponent once but to do it 10 times, it would make battle's go on for months.
    3-Ranks would be unfair: People could get twice the health their opponent has by spamming

    so yeah that's why the health system isn't used. I think bisha or someone tried to revive the chakra system once but I guess people don't wanna worry about the amount of jutsu's they used or they don't wanna do the calculations. Also like I said for health people would get more chakra by spamming which isn't fair.
    It complicates something that is already hard to explain and use.
     
         

  12. #792
    Banned
    Status
    TKDdude04 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    275
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Of Hell View Post
    Technically what you say is true but the chakra/health system is never used. I don't really know about the chakra part but here is why the health part isn't used:
    1-It's unrealistic: how can you live after being burned twice or after being impaled?!?
    2-Battles would never end: It's hard enough to hit your opponent once but to do it 10 times, it would make battle's go on for months.
    3-Ranks would be unfair: People could get twice the health their opponent has by spamming

    so yeah that's why the health system isn't used. I think bisha or someone tried to revive the chakra system once but I guess people don't wanna worry about the amount of jutsu's they used or they don't wanna do the calculations. Also like I said for health people would get more chakra by spamming which isn't fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    The health system is basically a stat reference as you don't battle using it. I mean, in theory even a D-Rank jutsu has the potencial to kill so it would be pointless to grade jutsu like that. The stats of the jutsu serve as a way to determine and compare power of the jutsu and the power one needs to stop it in comparission to other jutsu. Nothing more than a reference.
    Thanks guys. It makes complete sense now.

    I was really confused when I first started reading the jutsus, but now everything is cleared up.

    Thanks again!
     
         

  13. #793
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18,633
    Location
    Jigoku
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Np! ^^ You're welcome
     
         

  14. #794
    pradattauchiha's Avatar
    Status
    pradattauchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,912
    "Watch him lose them
    all"
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Where can I find the toad summoning list?
     
         

  15. #795
    Migualon J.J.'s Avatar
    Status
    Migualon J.J. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    25,010
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic, Czech Republic
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by pradattauchiha View Post
    Where can I find the toad summoning list?
    Here
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78630

    and here to be more precise
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...60&postcount=2
     
         
    Last edited by Migualon J.J.; 01-28-2012 at 04:57 PM.

  16. #796
    Banned
    Status
    Awesome Face is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    Location
    USA
    Im Gaara, the **** you finna
    do bout it?
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    where can i find restrictions for a custom puppet biography ?
     
         

  17. #797
    Migualon J.J.'s Avatar
    Status
    Migualon J.J. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    25,010
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic, Czech Republic
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Face View Post
    where can i find restrictions for a custom puppet biography ?
    same place as for Sasori, in other words here:

    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74505
     
         

  18. #798
    Banned
    Status
    LolaxXx is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,425
    Location
    Seaside, CA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Can a person use a genjutsu to escape out of another persons genjutsu if both jutsu are the same rank? Like for example..

    If I were to use.


    (Genjutsu: Jubaku Satsu) - Illusion Technique: Tree Binding Death
    Rank: B
    Type:Supplementary
    Range:Short
    Chakra Cost:20
    Damage Points:40
    Description: Binds the user to a tree were the user then stabs them with a kunai.

    And then capture them in it, regardless of whether or not they know its a genjutsu, they're still caught right? So then...what if they say they use...

    Genjutsu: Kahen Dizorubu) - Illusion Technique: Flower Petal Dissolve
    Rank: B
    Type: Supplementary
    Range:Short
    Chakra Cost:10
    Damage Points:N/A
    Description: This illusion makes the user think there being dissolved into sakura petals and renders them fast asleep bound in this illusion.

    does that mean they escaped my genjutsu after they've already fallen for mine?
     
         

  19. #799
    ReXii's Avatar
    Status
    ReXii is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14,090
    Location
    Up.
    The one in front of the gun
    lives forever.
     



    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    I answered you in VM lola
    The answer is no they cant escape like that
    Using genjutsu is not a valid counter to genjutsu
     
         

  20. #800
    Banned
    Status
    LolaxXx is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,425
    Location
    Seaside, CA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Q&a - open for every ranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by ReXii View Post
    I answered you in VM lola
    The answer is no they cant escape like that
    Using genjutsu is not a valid counter to genjutsu
    LOL..
    Iknow~~
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •