View Poll Results: raikage vs minato

Voters
332. You may not vote on this poll
  • raikage

    19 5.72%
  • minato

    313 94.28%
Page 12 of 15 « First ... 289101112131415 Last»
Results 221 to 240 of 286
  1. #221
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,215
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    LOVVE YOUR SIG
     



    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by narutokyubi View Post
    I meant that MINATO DID NOT HAVE WIND ELEMENT!!!!:flaw: IS THERE ANY MENTION OF HIM HAVING WIND ELEMENT IN THE MANGA??????????????


    Didn't read properly...
     
         

  2. #222
    Member Spartan117's Avatar
    Status
    Spartan117 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    587
    Location
    Place where people think of me.
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    I am pretty sure the rasengan minato used is strong enough if not stronger than Jiraya's and Naruto's. Rasengan is stronger than chidori lets face it lol. I am going to start new threat thats it!
     
         

  3. #223
    Senior Member psukkar's Avatar
    Status
    psukkar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,904
    Out there
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post
    @Psukkar

    I addressed some points, rambled on others. Nothing definitive, since it's lacking in the manga. Make of it what you will. Peace

    The Rasengan does damage much differently than the Chidori, see the water tanks after Sasuke and Naruto clashed on top of the hospital, so I'm not sure what a clean Rasengan blow would do. While I think it's his most damaging jutsu. We've barely seen him fight in the Kakashi Gaiden and Kushina's flashback, but in the latter I think he used around 4-6 Fuuinjutsu in that one instance. That was his area of true mastery, and I don't think he's been surpassed there. As we know Kushina helped him with some of his Fuuinjutsu, and the Uzumaki were wiped out because villages were so afraid of their Fuuinjutsu. It's also likely he had some elemental affinity jutsu given he had been a jounin and planned to combine Rasengan with his element.

    Thus, Minato likely had a variety of jutsu to use to damage the Raikage, but I'm not going to pretend to know what they were (those that weren't shown). Honestly, Fuuinjutsu are some of the most powerful jutsu around, and I doubt we'll ever see more than a fraction of them or Minato's.

    Further, every jutsu has a weakness (look at the weak ass jutsu Danzou used to expose Susanoo). I find it unlikely after his analysis of Madara, that he couldn't do the same against a much more straightforward fighter in the Raikage.



    It was a joke.

    You weren't mean and don't have to apologize. I wasn't referring to you. I guess I should apologize for grouping you with others.

    Peace.
    You make it sound that the lightning armor negatated the chadori or something, the armor tanked it, it tried to piece it but it couldn't. Remember kahashi cut lightning with the chadori. The resengan does do damage differently but NO ONE HERE CAN SAY WHEN THE TWO MOVES CLASH a statemate isn't casued, thats a small rasnegan THAT is.

    Minato hasn't shown us if he was able to big rasengans and wasn't able to combine is chakra element to the rasengan to make it stronger either.
    But no here can tell me what minato can do, to damage the raikage. Saying it could do that or this if this happens is just my wasting time. Fact is minato won't make anymore appearances in flashbacks in the story his time has come to an end and that also means kishi showing us his abilites.

    And the fact he didn't use a big rasengan against madara is fact he can't do it. Because its easier to hit someone with a big rasengan than a small one and minato needed to use things like that would to make his life easeir in that fight IN PARTICLUAR. It would have killed madara if he landed a big rasengan instead of a small one, and bam end of the series right there.

    I said all I wanted to say for this thread and its a shame you guys don't really appreciate kages at the moment, the raikage and stone kages are no joke. Konoha had its time in the spot light, epic hokages one after an another but now it times for the other kages.

    There is one jutsu to me makes minato a legend regardless how many shinobi get stronger than him.
    And "that jutsu" is it, minato is an innovator. His work is remembered long after his death, would been intressting to see what minato would do if didn't kill himself aswell when sealing the fox.
     
         
    Last edited by psukkar; 06-08-2011 at 09:45 AM.

  4. #224
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,215
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    LOVVE YOUR SIG
     



    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    You make it sound that the lightning armor negatated the chadori or something, the armor tanked it, it tried to piece it but it couldn't. Remember kahashi cut lightning with the chadori. The resengan does do damage differently but NO ONE HERE CAN SAY WHEN THE TWO MOVES CLASH a statemate isn't casued, thats a small rasnegan THAT is.

    Minato hasn't shown us if he was able to big rasengans and wasn't able to combine is chakra element to the rasengan to make it stronger either.
    But no here can tell me what minato can do, to damage the raikage. Saying it could do that or this if this happens is just my wasting time. Fact is minato won't make anymore appearances in flashbacks in the story his time has come to an end and that also means kishi showing us his abilites.

    And the fact he didn't use a big rasengan against madara is fact he can't do it. Because its easier to hit someone with a big rasengan than a small one and minato needed to use things like that would to make his life easeir in that fight IN PARTICLUAR. It would have killed madara if he landed a big rasengan instead of a small one, and bam end of the series right there.

    I said all I wanted to say for this thread and its a shame you guys don't really appreciate kages at the moment, the raikage and stone kages are no joke. Konoha had its time in the spot light, epic hokages one after an another but now it times for the other kages.

    There is one jutsu to me makes minato a legend regardless how many shinobi get stronger than him.
    And "that jutsu" is it, minato is an innovator. His work is remembered long after his death, would been intressting to see what minato would do if didn't kill himself aswell when sealing the fox.
    Minato could use dimention barrier and throw A away with his attacks and use his own FTG at the right time. there are a number of strategies someone like Minato can come up as he showed the talent in his fight with Madara.

    Raikage's attack could have ended up hurting his own men depedning where Minato teleported him.

    Lighttenning Vs lighttening negates each other usually- off course if one push is stronger than another it will have some affect... How rasengan would affect Raikage is hard to say but it will also depend on how long A can sustain his armour.

    You are wrong if you think that nobody is taking present kages seriously enough. But, every character has a certain importance in the manga. Minato was a more important character and has far greater effect on the story than Raikage. Overhyping his role in the manga is of no use.

    A lot of memebers became Raikage fan overnight just because he gave Sasuke tough time. I wonder if Sasuke had all the intel on him like A had about Sasuke how it would have turned out.
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 06-08-2011 at 10:24 AM.

  5. #225
    Academy Student isaac nzoley's Avatar
    Status
    isaac nzoley is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    minato will win hands down cos if u cant see him,cant beat him!
     
         

  6. #226
    Senior Member psukkar's Avatar
    Status
    psukkar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,904
    Out there
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by isthatnecessary View Post
    Minato could use dimention barrier and throw A away with his attacks and use his own FTG at the right time. there are a number of strategies someone like Minato can come up as he showed the talent in his fight with Madara.

    Raikage's attack could have ended up hurting his own men depedning where Minato teleported him.

    Lighttenning Vs lighttening negates each other usually- off course if one push is stronger than another it will have some affect... How rasengan would affect Raikage is hard to say but it will also depend on how long A can sustain his armour.

    You are wrong if you think that nobody is taking present kages seriously enough. But, every character has a certain importance in the manga. Minato was a more important character and has far greater effect on the story than Raikage. Overhyping his role in the manga is of no use.

    A lot of memebers became Raikage fan overnight just because he gave Sasuke tough time. I wonder if Sasuke had all the intel on him like A had about Sasuke how it would have turned out.
    the same could be said about A' having intell on sasuke about his MS techniques too. Difference with sasuke is that he had no answers to the raikage other than sit there with black flames and say hit me.

    Using a diemsion barrier, is a defensive manouver not an offesnive one that causes damage. Everyone talks about minato's speed but no one goes into how many damaging skills he has, and originatly a small rasengan would own almost all opponents. But the raikage is different hes fast and can tank what u through at him. I think the fact hes crossed swords in the past with the raikage in the past is proof of that. Just like how madara and haraihma have fought before madara eventuall lost at the valley fo the end. Even bee has knowledge of minato maybe they had a simular fight like minato agauinst the fox which explians where minato got the idea of rasengan to begin with.

    Also the cloud village ARE PLAYING MASSIVE ROLE HERE in the story, not only with raikage/bee interactions with minato but also the SAGE OF SIX PATHS HIMSELF. The gold and silver borthers, the 5 items which I assume originally belonged to the sage and MORE importantly the cloud village have had encounters with the fox.
     
         
    Last edited by psukkar; 06-08-2011 at 12:28 PM.

  7. #227
    Egy Magyar Naruto őrült GorreVisor's Avatar
    Status
    GorreVisor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40
    Location
    Hungary
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Namikaze View Post
    Well I have no idea where you are getting the idea that Minato doesn't have a strong enough attack to finish him off. Honestly he came up with so many jutsu, he also had large chakra reserve, could summon toads(was probably a sage, if you want to argue this then I'll give my reasons) was a master at sealing, and was faster than Raikage even without his FTG. Minato obviously had alot more skills than you are giving him credit for. And I would say that Hiruzen would have chosen Jiraiya or Oro because of the fact that they were older and more experienced than Minato and were his students that way he could keep the lineage going. If it was based on strength I'm pretty sure Minato could beat J-man and Oro (no offense to Jiraiya, I love him).

    As you are going to argue the point about Minato being a sage and I'm going to be gone for a few hours I'll just post it now. First off there is no proof that he is not one, secondly he was the contract holder of the toad summons even while Jiraiya was alive (first time we see him he is on Gamabunta with it on his back.), he also had a large chakra reserve so he would have been able to, and most importantly if you remember when Naruto battled Pain one of the toads said he had surpassed those that came before him, well the manga said that Jiraiya found Mount Myobokuzan or whatever when he was a kid. That means he wasn't given that scroll by anyone else and no one else we have seen has had toad summons or been on that contract so going off of what we know Jiraiya, Minato, and Naruto are the only toad summoner, so when that toad said he had surpassed those that came before him (referencing sage mode only) he was talking about Minato and Jiraiya. If you have good, solid arguments against this then please share it. I'm not a fanboy I just look at things like they are.
    Well, you know about the first part, that he wouldn't be able to land a fatal blow, i don't think it so. The rasengan is much way better jutsu than chidori, and though chidori is based on piercing, the rasengan deals more dmg inside the body than on the armor. On the Sage thing i can't argue because i don't have proof against you, neither you have for it. But I'm pretty sure he were never be able to perfect the sage mode, that's all (inperfect sage mode suxx).
     
         

  8. #228
    Master Artisan leafeater's Avatar
    Status
    leafeater is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,161
    Location
    PhD: MA, Born: VA
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    You make it sound that the lightning armor negatated the chadori or something, the armor tanked it, it tried to piece it but it couldn't. Remember kahashi cut lightning with the chadori. The resengan does do damage differently but NO ONE HERE CAN SAY WHEN THE TWO MOVES CLASH a statemate isn't casued, thats a small rasnegan THAT is.

    Minato hasn't shown us if he was able to big rasengans and wasn't able to combine is chakra element to the rasengan to make it stronger either.
    But no here can tell me what minato can do, to damage the raikage. Saying it could do that or this if this happens is just my wasting time. Fact is minato won't make anymore appearances in flashbacks in the story his time has come to an end and that also means kishi showing us his abilites.

    And the fact he didn't use a big rasengan against madara is fact he can't do it. Because its easier to hit someone with a big rasengan than a small one and minato needed to use things like that would to make his life easeir in that fight IN PARTICLUAR. It would have killed madara if he landed a big rasengan instead of a small one, and bam end of the series right there.

    I said all I wanted to say for this thread and its a shame you guys don't really appreciate kages at the moment, the raikage and stone kages are no joke. Konoha had its time in the spot light, epic hokages one after an another but now it times for the other kages.

    There is one jutsu to me makes minato a legend regardless how many shinobi get stronger than him.
    And "that jutsu" is it, minato is an innovator. His work is remembered long after his death, would been intressting to see what minato would do if didn't kill himself aswell when sealing the fox.
    In my post, I made no mention whatsoever to the chidori vs. the raiton armor shroud, so please don't say I did. I know exactly what happened. It's depicted very clearly in a single panel where it partially pierces the shroud in the manga followed by a statement by the Raikage. All I mentioned, was that they do damage differently, so inferring that the Rasengan couldn't do damage to the raiton armor shroud based off of the Chidori is not the same. Kakashi using Raikiri to cut lightning is not the same same as lightning chakra either.

    The fact that he didn't use a large Rasengan is the fact that he didn't use a large Rasengan, not the fact that he couldn't. Those two terms are very different. Why is it easier to hit someone with a larger Rasengan? Where does it state that? It may take fewer hits, but it also may be difficult to wield or lack power due to compression.

    I don't understand your attack on me. As I understood your post, you wanted people to acknowledge ways for the fourth Hokage to have jutsu capable of damaging the Raikage. I listed his Fuuinjutsu and likely elemental affinity jutsu, some of these we've never seen.

    I've also mentioned that his breakdown analysis of Madara was swift and excellent, so I highly doubt that he couldn't perform the same against the relatively straightforward Raikage.

    At this point, I'm stopping, because I'm not retyping a post I made yesterday or the day before word for word.

    By the way, Minato wouldn't have sealed the fox to live, that would've been Kushina, who'd have subsequently died. Yes, I agree Naruto is his greatest legacy.

    Psukkar
    But no here can tell me what minato can do, to damage the raikage.
    I'm very confused as to why you're so upset because I already gave you an entire post of what Minato both was and ought to have been capable of. I've seen him in the Kakashi Gaiden briefly and have a short fight against Madara. What more can I do? I can't summon him from the Shinigami. I'm just going to guess, that you're upset because you think the limited knowledge of Minato paints a picture of a ninja that is not strong enough to kill the Raikage? This is why you requested the other jutsu? Rasengan is just but one move, his true mastery is Fuuinjutsu, that's what beat Madara. The Rasengan was just the icing on the cake.

    Please look again at my post because I don't know if you're tired, if I misunderstood, or what, but you're response is appearing highly unwarranted to me at the moment. I simply don't get you this time. I think I did about as good a job as anyone could, sure people can do better, but given that this topic will be gone in a few days when the new manga comes....

    1.) What are you so angry about?
    2.) Whose side do you think I'm on?
    3.) I'm not on anybody's side (I admit bias on some characters but put it aside. I also admit bias towards NB friends all 71 of them, whether I actually know them or not. Everyone has these biases, the better ones put them aside when they post).
    4.) I just try to answer questions, debunk stuff, and post my theories or support others. I have no personal agenda; otherwise, I'd create a lot more enemies, I guess (to be honest, I don't know what would happen).

    I know you don't want to post here again. Please either post here again, and address me calmly please, as a favor. If you're not inclined towards that, just private message me, and let me know what's going on. You're a NB friend, so please drop me line, and you won't get caught up in the nastiness of threads. Let me know what I did wrong, and I'll see if I can rectify it.

    Peace.
     
         
    Last edited by leafeater; 06-08-2011 at 01:21 PM.

  9. #229
    Apple pie of doom apple pie of doom's Avatar
    Status
    apple pie of doom is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,359
    Location
    Holland
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Well, I'm not sure if I'm right on this...but here goes.
    Did'nt Raikage say he did have the occasional bout with Minato?
    I'm not sure wether that was friendly ( I don't think so since it was probably in the ninja war ).
    Seems both survived, so if either was better than the other it would've been but slightly, and not by a great deal.
     
         

  10. #230
    Senior Member Modaro's Avatar
    Status
    Modaro is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,126
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto_14 View Post
    I think raikage would win because even though minato is faster with his space time jutsu raikage has defensive powers that even blocked chidori. Also doesnt need to weave hand signs to gain speed. Minato fan boys please give me a reason why minato would win. Also Raikage only said he was faster not stronger. Dont jump to conclusions. And If minato tried to put a seal on A he would be fried by his lightning armor.
    Minato has alot of calm in intense situations something Riakage dosen't have plus to all those who said riakage's lightening armor blocked chidori....... well sasuke's chidori did peirce his armor and gave riakage a satb on his chest.

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/463/2

    Remember what sasuke chidori did to the water tank when he and naruto were kids now remember what the rasengan did.
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/176/10

    So Just Imagine what a high speed minato rasengan can do to lightning armor. Plus minato has other techs than rasengan and he is faster.

    Riakage would die.
     
         

  11. #231
    Lord Orochimaru blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,012
    Location
    Connecticut
    IAmKing
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    It'll end in a draw, unless Raikage has a secret technique he has yet shown, which IS possible.
     
         

  12. #232
    Senior Member psukkar's Avatar
    Status
    psukkar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,904
    Out there
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post
    In my post, I made no mention whatsoever to the chidori vs. the raiton armor shroud, so please don't say I did. I know exactly what happened. It's depicted very clearly in a single panel where it partially pierces the shroud in the manga followed by a statement by the Raikage. All I mentioned, was that they do damage differently, so inferring that the Rasengan couldn't do damage to the raiton armor shroud based off of the Chidori is not the same. Kakashi using Raikiri to cut lightning is not the same same as lightning chakra either.

    The fact that he didn't use a large Rasengan is the fact that he didn't use a large Rasengan, not the fact that he couldn't. Those two terms are very different. Why is it easier to hit someone with a larger Rasengan? Where does it state that? It may take fewer hits, but it also may be difficult to wield or lack power due to compression.

    I don't understand your attack on me. As I understood your post, you wanted people to acknowledge ways for the fourth Hokage to have jutsu capable of damaging the Raikage. I listed his Fuuinjutsu and likely elemental affinity jutsu, some of these we've never seen.

    I've also mentioned that his breakdown analysis of Madara was swift and excellent, so I highly doubt that he couldn't perform the same against the relatively straightforward Raikage.

    At this point, I'm stopping, because I'm not retyping a post I made yesterday or the day before word for word.

    By the way, Minato wouldn't have sealed the fox to live, that would've been Kushina, who'd have subsequently died. Yes, I agree Naruto is his greatest legacy.

    Psukkar


    I'm very confused as to why you're so upset because I already gave you an entire post of what Minato both was and ought to have been capable of. I've seen him in the Kakashi Gaiden briefly and have a short fight against Madara. What more can I do? I can't summon him from the Shinigami. I'm just going to guess, that you're upset because you think the limited knowledge of Minato paints a picture of a ninja that is not strong enough to kill the Raikage? This is why you requested the other jutsu? Rasengan is just but one move, his true mastery is Fuuinjutsu, that's what beat Madara. The Rasengan was just the icing on the cake.

    Please look again at my post because I don't know if you're tired, if I misunderstood, or what, but you're response is appearing highly unwarranted to me at the moment. I simply don't get you this time. I think I did about as good a job as anyone could, sure people can do better, but given that this topic will be gone in a few days when the new manga comes....

    1.) What are you so angry about?
    2.) Whose side do you think I'm on?
    3.) I'm not on anybody's side (I admit bias on some characters but put it aside. I also admit bias towards NB friends all 71 of them, whether I actually know them or not. Everyone has these biases, the better ones put them aside when they post).
    4.) I just try to answer questions, debunk stuff, and post my theories or support others. I have no personal agenda; otherwise, I'd create a lot more enemies, I guess (to be honest, I don't know what would happen).

    I know you don't want to post here again. Please either post here again, and address me calmly please, as a favor. If you're not inclined towards that, just private message me, and let me know what's going on. You're a NB friend, so please drop me line, and you won't get caught up in the nastiness of threads. Let me know what I did wrong, and I'll see if I can rectify it.

    Peace.
    oh wait a sec dude, Im not attacking you at all. If my language makes it seem that way, I'm sorry it came aross that way its just an argument.I just wanted to say that clearly.

    Yea the thing about bigger rasengans, since its bigger there a low chance of it missing at close range like a shotgun in close range. Jiraiya during a flashback for the timeskip when Jiraiya told him to make it bigger he brought up how a big one would hit the target easier due to it size. As oppose to the extreme naruto used against kabuto during the sannin battle to get stabed by kabuto to hold his poistion while naruto slams him with the rasengan, at the time naruto had alot trouble heading some kabuto with it.

    I think I know what happened, I quoted something u said and I forgot to break up the rest of my post which was directed to the thread as a whole, no one in particluar. My fault there

    Also i hear next chapter there's more flashbacks with minato and the raikage fighting. So thats going to be intresting.
     
         
    Last edited by psukkar; 06-08-2011 at 02:19 PM.

  13. #233
    Master Artisan leafeater's Avatar
    Status
    leafeater is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,161
    Location
    PhD: MA, Born: VA
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by blazekev90 View Post
    It'll end in a draw, unless Raikage has a secret technique he has yet shown, which IS possible.
    I presume he probably has a range of summonings, since just about every Kage does. I wouldn't call it secret, just not shown. I can't think of one that doesn't.

    Beyond that, he might, but why would he hold it back, if it meant killing Sasuke. Unless he didn't have time to perform it.
     
         

  14. #234
    Master Artisan leafeater's Avatar
    Status
    leafeater is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,161
    Location
    PhD: MA, Born: VA
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    oh wait a sec dude, im not attacking you at all. If my language makes it seem that way, I'm sorry it came aross that way its just an argument.

    I just wanted to say that, also i hear next chapter there's more flashbacks with minato and the raikage fighting. So thats going to be intresting.
    Oh OK, everything's all good then, as apparently it never was off. I read it, and I was just kind of disappointed as I did what I could to address the post (with limited knowledge and all). Then I must've completely misread the response this morning, for that I apologize. Personally, I'm glad it was just miscommunication! I'll check the spoilers then, they should be good.

    Peace

    Edit: Moderators, apologies for the double post. I needed to make this second one.
     
         

  15. #235
    Lord Orochimaru blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,012
    Location
    Connecticut
    IAmKing
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post
    I presume he probably has a range of summonings, since just about every Kage does. I wouldn't call it secret, just not shown. I can't think of one that doesn't.

    Beyond that, he might, but why would he hold it back, if it meant killing Sasuke. Unless he didn't have time to perform it.
    Would you use a possible one hit killer technique against someone u thought killed your brother, or would u just wanna pound there face in brutally over and over again??? Me personally I'd rather pound and so would the Raikage. Also, Raikage so Sasuke as a lil brat (basically underestimating) who needed to teach him a lesson.
     
         

  16. #236
    Senior Member psukkar's Avatar
    Status
    psukkar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,904
    Out there
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post
    Oh OK, everything's all good then, as apparently it never was off. I read it, and I was just kind of disappointed as I did what I could to address the post (with limited knowledge and all). Then I must've completely misread the response this morning, for that I apologize. Personally, I'm glad it was just miscommunication! I'll check the spoilers then, they should be good.

    Peace

    Edit: Moderators, apologies for the double post. I needed to make this second one.
    Yea I looked back at the post and I did a mistake, I forgot to separate the stuff directed to you and the stuff I just wanted to add regarding my opinion of this fight.

    Also you asked where I got the big rasengans stuff being easier to hit.

    Jiraiya during a flashback for the timeskip when Jiraiya told him to make it bigger he brought up how a big one would hit the target easier due to it size. As oppose to the extreme naruto used against kabuto during the sannin battle to get stabed by kabuto to hold his poistion while naruto slams him with the rasengan, at the time naruto had alot trouble landing a rasengan on kabuto.

    A good analogy of this is like a shotgun in close range, its hard to miss.
     
         
    Last edited by psukkar; 06-08-2011 at 02:29 PM.

  17. #237
    Master Artisan leafeater's Avatar
    Status
    leafeater is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,161
    Location
    PhD: MA, Born: VA
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by blazekev90 View Post
    Would you use a possible one hit killer technique against someone u thought killed your brother, or would u just wanna pound there face in brutally over and over again??? Me personally I'd rather pound and so would the Raikage. Also, Raikage so Sasuke as a lil brat (basically underestimating) who needed to teach him a lesson.
    I don't know. I can only speculate that he wanted him dead beyond all else because he punched through Ameratsu, lost part of his arm, and was going to do it again with this leg. I'm not claiming to be right, just what I think. He used Raiga Bomb as one of his first moves on Sasuke, and before Sasuke, no one had ever survived, so at least very early on he was using moves that 1-hit kill people. He also thought he delivered a punch to Juugo that should've 1-hit killed him, but he's a freak. I didn't see him trying to punish, I saw him trying to kill. But everyone sees things differently. I can only interpret what I think was in his mind, I can't prove it.

    Further, none of this means he doesn't have more secret moves. His list of secret moves may have been used against Sasuke all with the intent to kill, but it doesn't mean he exhausted them. Thus, either way, an argument can be made he has more.

    Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    Yea I looked back at the post and I did a mistake, I forgot to separetd the stuff directed you and the stuff I just wanted to add regarding my opinion of this fight.

    Also you asked where I got the big rasengans stuff being easier to hit.

    Jiraiya during a flashback for the timeskip when Jiraiya told him to make it bigger he brought up how a big one would hit the target easier due to it size. As oppose to the extreme naruto used against kabuto during the sannin battle to get stabed by kabuto to hold his poistion while naruto slams him with the rasengan, at the time naruto had alot trouble heading some kabuto with it.

    A good analogy of this is like a shotgun in close range, its hard to miss.
    Yeah, I remember that discussion a bit, so that's a perfectly valid point. I thought he was mostly referring to Naruto though since Jiraiya wanted him to make the Rasengan his own, and he can't get stabbed in the hand every battle to land a Rasengan. So, a shotgun is a good analogy. With the Raikage, the only issue is preparation time given his speed.

    Jiraiya and Tsunade also said Minato and Naruto were two totally different types of fighters (before Jiraiya went off to face Nagato), so the other question is if it would suit Minato's style I suppose.

    That doesn't detract from your statement regarding if the larger jutsu is easier to land itself, more if it's better suited for Minato to land his regular Rasengan, an Oodama-like Rasengan, or something in between.

    I've never felt that Minato was a 1-hit kill fighter against non-cannon fodder opponents, where he'd just slice/stab them with a Kunai. For the most part, every jutsu Naruto has is overkill except for use against the major opponents (FRS took out 2 of Kakuzu's hearts, but how many people have 5 hearts, lol). I've never felt that a single Rasengan would kill the Raikage unless there's a weak spot we don't know of.
     
         

  18. #238
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,215
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    LOVVE YOUR SIG
     



    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    the same could be said about A' having intell on sasuke about his MS techniques too. Difference with sasuke is that he had no answers to the raikage other than sit there with black flames and say hit me.

    Using a diemsion barrier, is a defensive manouver not an offesnive one that causes damage. Everyone talks about minato's speed but no one goes into how many damaging skills he has, and originatly a small rasengan would own almost all opponents. But the raikage is different hes fast and can tank what u through at him. I think the fact hes crossed swords in the past with the raikage in the past is proof of that. Just like how madara and haraihma have fought before madara eventuall lost at the valley fo the end. Even bee has knowledge of minato maybe they had a simular fight like minato agauinst the fox which explians where minato got the idea of rasengan to begin with.

    Also the cloud village ARE PLAYING MASSIVE ROLE HERE in the story, not only with raikage/bee interactions with minato but also the SAGE OF SIX PATHS HIMSELF. The gold and silver borthers, the 5 items which I assume originally belonged to the sage and MORE importantly the cloud village have had encounters with the fox.
    Danzou supplied every info about Sasuke to kumo. You think he avoided the fact of itachi's death and MS? You think the Kumo Ninjas who saw the Sasuke's fight with Bee and reported Raikage about his allegged kidnapping forgot to tell him about Ameterasu? though they recognised Sasuke?

    Dimention bearrier is a diffensive manouvour that could take care of TBB so it can handle Raikage's attacks as well. I didn't say it was attack. I said Minato can teleport(basically throw him away) him away at the desired point and take care of him with FTG when you asked a way to how to handle Raikage.

    Either way latest manga shows how he handled A and also that earlier he had retrieved 9 tails (?Kushina) from that A's team all by himself.

    Off course Minato could be defeated- maybe by Madara himself if Madara really wanted to- he lost interest once he lost kyuubi and left minato to deal with probably thinking it was sufficient trouble for him.

    Cloud ninja are playing a role here just like Sand played a role once. In fact Sand got more footage because it was added early on. kin gin brothers are only important enough to take place of naruto in Gedo mezo. 90% chances are that that arc is finished as soon as we see them being sealed in the gedo meazo. I doubt if sage's weapon will play much of the role in the story at all.
    I may be wrong off course.. but at this stage expecting too much from this side story is overhyping it.

    You kind of came off too aggeressive, I wonder if my tone reflected that. Leafeater is a friend as you are but, if I disagree to a point I say it. I hope you don't take it personally.
     
         
    Last edited by Ira; 06-08-2011 at 04:49 PM.

  19. #239
    madaras bonsai/pot plant freddie12's Avatar
    Status
    freddie12 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    151
    Location
    Germany
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    lol
    minato can do rasengan
     
         

  20. #240
    Senior Member woozimu's Avatar
    Status
    woozimu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,752
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    minato would win for sure
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •