View Poll Results: raikage vs minato

Voters
331. You may not vote on this poll
  • raikage

    19 5.74%
  • minato

    312 94.26%
Page 3 of 12 « First 1234567 ... Last»
Results 51 to 75 of 286
  1. #51
    Master Artisan leafeater's Avatar
    Status
    leafeater is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PhD: MA, Born: VA
    Posts
    2,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto_14 View Post
    chidori only peirced him a little he didnt even flinch. also he does use hand signs and summonig tattos look at ch. 395 pg. 10
    The Raikage's a tough guy, so yes Chidori pierced him even if just a little, agreed.

    What you cited refers to Minato's FTG space-time jutsu, not his linear speed, which is just his legs and arms...go back to the Madara vs. Minato engagement around ch. 500 (not sure the exact one) you'll see.

    Peace
     
         

  2. #52
    Senior Member Rodukaime Namikaze's Avatar
    Status
    Rodukaime Namikaze is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In the thang...in the other thang.
    Posts
    4,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just chillin...
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoBee04 View Post
    for me is MINATO because he beate Tobi in a match in manga and he is very strong and he almost beat Kyubi when Naruto was born (and he is the 4-th hokage in hidden leafe village):l
    You, my friend, have stated it clear and simple. I agree :D
     
         

  3. #53
    Heister's Avatar
    Status
    Heister is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toadland
    Posts
    8,008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Raikage already admitted to not being able to beat him...
     
         

  4. #54
    Senior Member Rodukaime Namikaze's Avatar
    Status
    Rodukaime Namikaze is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In the thang...in the other thang.
    Posts
    4,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just chillin...
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    In all honesty, A was not able to damage Madara while Minato was able to. Not only touch him, but severely injure him to make him leave the village. A aint got shyt on Minato!
     
         

  5. #55
    Myobokuzan Rihari's Avatar
    Status
    Rihari is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Creeping Outside Yo Window
    Posts
    11,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    minato because even the raikage said eh could not beat him
     
         

  6. #56
    Banned
    Status
    ganjababy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    JAMAICA JAMAICA
    Posts
    1,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    man Minato would destroy him! Minato = greatest of all time
     
         

  7. #57
    The Professor Itachi Namikaze's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi Namikaze is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by blazekev90 View Post
    Wft some of u guys read into things way too much, he was saying know was able to surpass his SPEED, relax he didn't say him as a shinobi (smh fanboys). Only because Raikage was not able to defeat the 4th doesn't mean the 4th is stronger, shyt the dude is fast and probably just kept on dodging his hits. That's basically wat all speed characters do in all cartoons/anime (flash, roadrunner lol). Their speed is good for getting away an tiring someone out, but without power they neither would e able to defeat another smart opponent. Now, I say it'll be a tie, because Raikage probably wouldn't be able to land a good enough fit and the 4th doesn't have a powerful enough hit to finish him off. This is why the 4th was not the best shinobi and why he was the second choice for being the 4th hokage.
    Well I have no idea where you are getting the idea that Minato doesn't have a strong enough attack to finish him off. Honestly he came up with so many jutsu, he also had large chakra reserve, could summon toads(was probably a sage, if you want to argue this then I'll give my reasons) was a master at sealing, and was faster than Raikage even without his FTG. Minato obviously had alot more skills than you are giving him credit for. And I would say that Hiruzen would have chosen Jiraiya or Oro because of the fact that they were older and more experienced than Minato and were his students that way he could keep the lineage going. If it was based on strength I'm pretty sure Minato could beat J-man and Oro (no offense to Jiraiya, I love him).

    As you are going to argue the point about Minato being a sage and I'm going to be gone for a few hours I'll just post it now. First off there is no proof that he is not one, secondly he was the contract holder of the toad summons even while Jiraiya was alive (first time we see him he is on Gamabunta with it on his back.), he also had a large chakra reserve so he would have been able to, and most importantly if you remember when Naruto battled Pain one of the toads said he had surpassed those that came before him, well the manga said that Jiraiya found Mount Myobokuzan or whatever when he was a kid. That means he wasn't given that scroll by anyone else and no one else we have seen has had toad summons or been on that contract so going off of what we know Jiraiya, Minato, and Naruto are the only toad summoner, so when that toad said he had surpassed those that came before him (referencing sage mode only) he was talking about Minato and Jiraiya. If you have good, solid arguments against this then please share it. I'm not a fanboy I just look at things like they are.
     
         
    Last edited by Itachi Namikaze; 06-04-2011 at 01:46 AM.

  8. #58
    Senior Member JiraiyaTheToad Sage's Avatar
    Status
    JiraiyaTheToad Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Minato...... Too easy.
     
         

  9. #59
    Senior Member Saberwulf's Avatar
    Status
    Saberwulf is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Look up I'm there
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Minato faster smarter more talented
    Yeah I really think the raikage will win.....:P this thread fail raikage said minato stronger
    but still MInatoFTW
     
         

  10. #60
    Senior Member Mr.Beastie's Avatar
    Status
    Mr.Beastie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by rihari View Post
    minato because even the raikage said eh could not beat him
    Dude he was talking about in speed.
     
         

  11. #61
    Senior Member Mr.Beastie's Avatar
    Status
    Mr.Beastie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodukaime Namikaze View Post
    In all honesty, A was not able to damage Madara while Minato was able to. Not only touch him, but severely injure him to make him leave the village. A aint got shyt on Minato!
    Dude raikage only got one chance you cant justify that.
     
         

  12. #62
    Senior Member Mr.Beastie's Avatar
    Status
    Mr.Beastie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberwulf View Post
    Minato faster smarter more talented
    Yeah I really think the raikage will win.....:P this thread fail raikage said minato stronger
    but still MInatoFTW
    If it was a fail thread then why is it on the hotest thread list.
     
         

  13. #63
    Member Fnatic's Avatar
    Status
    Fnatic is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    ... this is like a battle between two badass...
    Minato (cool-headed, QUICK, genius, quick-thinker) VS Raikage (hot-headed, ALSO QUICK, dumb whenever he gives in to his emotions)

    but still, I cannot conclude since raikage has a very good defense and taijutsu even if minato is very fast...
     
         

  14. #64
    Senior Member Gin-San's Avatar
    Status
    Gin-San is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In Odds Jobs "Yorozuya"
    Posts
    10,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    ??

    Are guys reading the manga? or what.

    During the fight vs sasuke they said is speed is comparable to the minato.
    Then A' said minato is make of great power and thought no one would surpass him. And he said that becuase he was surpirsed he was killed. Thats where the flash image of the fox came up.

    it does NOT that say minato is faster A'. A' simply gave him priase.

    Comon guys, don;t jump to many conclusions.

    Only ture question here is , how would raikage react to a rasengan? He already tankes choadori with EASE.
    1.Minato is faster, Raikage admitted it twice in a single manga. here are some direct quotes from the Raikage:
    "I am the fastest shinobi alive, now that the fourth hokage has passed away".
    "He was a great man, one I thought would never be surpassed".

    2. The reason chidori was ineffective against the raikage is because his thunder armor is electric type such as chidori. Two of the same kind of elements cancel each other, in other words, sasuke was "punching" the raikage's chest.
    About rasengan, it is a little harder to know, it doesn't have an element affinity afterall. I say it will damage him, but probably no much.

    The question is: would naruto's fuuton rasengan damage him? Yes
     
         

  15. #65
    Senior Member Mr.Beastie's Avatar
    Status
    Mr.Beastie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by UxCxHxIxHxA View Post
    1.Minato is faster, Raikage admitted it twice in a single manga. here are some direct quotes from the Raikage:
    "I am the fastest shinobi alive, now that the fourth hokage has passed away".
    "He was a great man, one I thought would never be surpassed".

    2. The reason chidori was ineffective against the raikage is because his thunder armor is electric type such as chidori. Two of the same kind of elements cancel each other, in other words, sasuke was "punching" the raikage's chest.
    About rasengan, it is a little harder to know, it doesn't have an element affinity afterall. I say it will damage him, but probably no much.

    The question is: would naruto's fuuton rasengan damage him? Yes
    Dude minato doesnt know fuuton rasengan he didnt master it. Also no one ever said the same element cancel each other out if it does show me where in the manga it says that if you cant show me then that cannot be justified.
     
         
    Last edited by Mr.Beastie; 06-04-2011 at 03:16 AM.

  16. #66
    Senior Member Gin-San's Avatar
    Status
    Gin-San is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In Odds Jobs "Yorozuya"
    Posts
    10,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Namikaze View Post
    Well I have no idea where you are getting the idea that Minato doesn't have a strong enough attack to finish him off. Honestly he came up with so many jutsu, he also had large chakra reserve, could summon toads(was probably a sage, if you want to argue this then I'll give my reasons) was a master at sealing, and was faster than Raikage even without his FTG. Minato obviously had alot more skills than you are giving him credit for. And I would say that Hiruzen would have chosen Jiraiya or Oro because of the fact that they were older and more experienced than Minato and were his students that way he could keep the lineage going. If it was based on strength I'm pretty sure Minato could beat J-man and Oro (no offense to Jiraiya, I love him).

    As you are going to argue the point about Minato being a sage and I'm going to be gone for a few hours I'll just post it now. First off there is no proof that he is not one, secondly he was the contract holder of the toad summons even while Jiraiya was alive (first time we see him he is on Gamabunta with it on his back.), he also had a large chakra reserve so he would have been able to, and most importantly if you remember when Naruto battled Pain one of the toads said he had surpassed those that came before him, well the manga said that Jiraiya found Mount Myobokuzan or whatever when he was a kid. That means he wasn't given that scroll by anyone else and no one else we have seen has had toad summons or been on that contract so going off of what we know Jiraiya, Minato, and Naruto are the only toad summoner, so when that toad said he had surpassed those that came before him (referencing sage mode only) he was talking about Minato and Jiraiya. If you have good, solid arguments against this then please share it. I'm not a fanboy I just look at things like they are.
    Man I will love if Minato was a sage, but there is no proof, you are just giving assumptions.
    It pisses me off (not you, but the overall society that uses that type of excuse) when someone says: give me proof that there is not. I would answer with: Where is proof that he was one? It is easier to eliminate a negative.
    In the manga there was no indication that minato had a large chrakra reserved, he used seals that didn't consume any chrakra; Naruto's chrakra reserve comes from her mother Kushina.
    There is no proof (if there is give me manga page plx) that minato was a toad summoner, and if he was it doesn't mean he was a sage, afterall, naruto was able to summon Gamanbuta without being a sage.
    And when Pa (the frog) said that he has surpassed the ones before him, it didn't meant sage mode skills but that naruto has surpassed previous generations, which is a major theme in Naruto.
     
         

  17. #67
    overcome hatred with love ackeem1992's Avatar
    Status
    ackeem1992 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    jamaica
    Posts
    4,206
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Minato in my view is way overrated,

    Regarding the fight I haven't seen enough of raikage yet to assume if he would win or loose against minato, in theory wind is superior to lightening thus I think it would be safe to say rasengan would be able to shatter A's lightening armour. but like I said I haven't seen much of A, I'm sure he has some stellar tech/ability we've yet to see.
     
         

  18. #68
    is carbon based. Ira's Avatar
    Status
    Ira is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Posts
    9,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It’is undivided, but
    exists in all divided things
    as if it has been divided; it
    is also the sustainer of all
    things, as it is also their
    absorber and also their
    creator. "
     



    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto_14 View Post
    chidori only peirced him a little he didnt even flinch. also he does use hand signs and summonig tattos look at ch. 395 pg. 10

    Chidori and Rasengan make different kind of impact. Remember the roof fight between Sasuke and Naruto?

    Chidori didn't affect much Bee either since he uses lightenning element too... A And Bee both use the same element as Sasuke and to a higher degree probably(??).


    Quote Originally Posted by ackeem1992 View Post
    Minato in my view is way overrated,

    Regarding the fight I haven't seen enough of raikage yet to assume if he would win or loose against minato, in theory wind is superior to lightening thus I think it would be safe to say rasengan would be able to shatter A's lightening armour. but like I said I haven't seen much of A, I'm sure he has some stellar tech/ability we've yet to see.

    you feel Minato is over rated ( fine by me) but because of the bias you are assuming that A must have some tech we have yet to see to defeat minato..

    I think we have seen everything we are going to see from Raikage. He himself accepted Minato as his better and seem to look upto him and disappointed that he died while facing nine tails because h doesn't know the whole story.

    Naruto is actually so far has been proved to be a successfull plan of Minato against Madara and Kyuubi.
     
         

  19. #69
    Senior Member Gin-San's Avatar
    Status
    Gin-San is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In Odds Jobs "Yorozuya"
    Posts
    10,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto_14 View Post
    Dude minato doesnt know fuuton rasengan he didnt master it. Also no one ever said the same element cancel each other out if it does show me where in the manga it says that if you cant show me then that cannot be justified.
    Man I am sorry but can you read properly?
    I said minato's rasengan not fuuton rasengan (past fight); I said Naruto's fuuton rasengan (current battle). Rasegan doesn't have element affinity, it is pure destructive force, so with or without wind element, it will still severly injure the raikage.

    I found the proof you wanted
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/411/18 , and next page. As clearly seen, sasuke's unstoppable chidori blade was stop by killer bee. This happened because he put electric chrakra into his blade, thus making the unstoppable blade into a normal swing.
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/412/3 , here you can see it again, sasuke stopped killer bee electric blade by pouring electric chrakra into the object that killer bee was cutting, thus eliminating the cutting force.
     
         

  20. #70
    overcome hatred with love ackeem1992's Avatar
    Status
    ackeem1992 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    jamaica
    Posts
    4,206
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by isthatnecessary View Post
    Chidori and Rasengan make different kind of impact. Remember the roof fight between Sasuke and Naruto?

    Chidori didn't affect much Bee either since he uses lightenning element too... A And Bee both use the same element as Sasuke and to a higher degree probably(??).





    you feel Minato is over rated ( fine by me) but because of the bias you are assuming that A must have some tech we have yet to see to defeat minato..

    I think we have seen everything we are going to see from Raikage. He himself accepted Minato as his better and seem to look upto him and disappointed that he died while facing nine tails because h doesn't know the whole story.

    Naruto is actually so far has been proved to be a successfull plan of Minato against Madara and Kyuubi.
    I am neither a fan of A or Minato, therefore my opinion is far from bias, I simply implied we haven't seen enough of A in battle, thus it is safe to assume that he possesses other techs than what we've already seen him used.
     
         

  21. #71
    Senior Member Mr.Beastie's Avatar
    Status
    Mr.Beastie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by UxCxHxIxHxA View Post
    Man I am sorry but can you read properly?
    I said minato's rasengan not fuuton rasengan (past fight); I said Naruto's fuuton rasengan (current battle). Rasegan doesn't have element affinity, it is pure destructive force, so with or without wind element, it will still severly injure the raikage.

    I found the proof you wanted
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/411/18 , and next page. As clearly seen, sasuke's unstoppable chidori blade was stop by killer bee. This happened because he put electric chrakra into his blade, thus making the unstoppable blade into a normal swing.
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/412/3 , here you can see it again, sasuke stopped killer bee electric blade by pouring electric chrakra into the object that killer bee was cutting, thus eliminating the cutting force.
    I can read properly. Dude your the one who said the question was would naruto's fuuton rasengan damage him? Yes thats exactly what you said. Naruto has nothing to do with this. Also just because sasukes lightning sword blocked bee's lightning sword doesnt prove anything its the same jutsu!!! If elements cancel out how come when itachi's and sasuke's fireball jutsu collided sasuke's was stronger! Elements dont cancel out if the other is stronger.
     
         
    Last edited by Mr.Beastie; 06-04-2011 at 04:36 AM.

  22. #72
    Here goes~ Unmasked's Avatar
    Status
    Unmasked is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Over there...
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    I know it has already been mentioned many times before so I won't say it again (regarding the whole 'Raikage admits that Minato is faster than him') but I will say something about the whole "Chidori didn't have an effect so Rasengan probably wont" idea. I've been doing a little snooping around and came across this statement on Naruto Wiki
    "Once it is complete, it becomes self-sustaining, which does not give the Rasengan a definite limit like the Chidori."
    I guess from this, and countless other sources (anime and such), we can all agree that Rasengan is much more destructive than the Chidori, which of course Sasuke used to pierce the Raikage's skin.
    With this in mind and the FACT that Minato is faster than Raikage, landing a Rasengan will put Minato ahead of the game (not to say that he already is/was/would be). Remember this is just based on the stuff we have already seen, and since we haven't seen Raikage using anything other than Nintaijutsu, Minato wins :D
     
         

  23. #73
    Premium User blazekev90's Avatar
    Status
    blazekev90 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taijutsu Specialist
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by UxCxHxIxHxA View Post
    Man I will love if Minato was a sage, but there is no proof, you are just giving assumptions.
    It pisses me off (not you, but the overall society that uses that type of excuse) when someone says: give me proof that there is not. I would answer with: Where is proof that he was one? It is easier to eliminate a negative.
    In the manga there was no indication that minato had a large chrakra reserved, he used seals that didn't consume any chrakra; Naruto's chrakra reserve comes from her mother Kushina.
    There is no proof (if there is give me manga page plx) that minato was a toad summoner, and if he was it doesn't mean he was a sage, afterall, naruto was able to summon Gamanbuta without being a sage.
    And when Pa (the frog) said that he has surpassed the ones before him, it didn't meant sage mode skills but that naruto has surpassed previous generations, which is a major theme in Naruto.
    I see I don't have stun dude myself with his assumptions, stating no facts what so ever, thnkz for correcting him before I got the chance get em myself.
     
         

  24. #74
    Senior Member Mr.Beastie's Avatar
    Status
    Mr.Beastie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    Quote Originally Posted by isthatnecessary View Post
    Chidori and Rasengan make different kind of impact. Remember the roof fight between Sasuke and Naruto?

    Chidori didn't affect much Bee either since he uses lightenning element too... A And Bee both use the same element as Sasuke and to a higher degree probably(??).





    you feel Minato is over rated ( fine by me) but because of the bias you are assuming that A must have some tech we have yet to see to defeat minato..

    I think we have seen everything we are going to see from Raikage. He himself accepted Minato as his better and seem to look upto him and disappointed that he died while facing nine tails because h doesn't know the whole story.

    Naruto is actually so far has been proved to be a successfull plan of Minato against Madara and Kyuubi.
    Minato didnt have a plan he just had faith.
     
         

  25. #75
    swordmen sage sarutobi's Avatar
    Status
    sage sarutobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    nigeria
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Raikage(A) vs 4th hokage(minato

    A is completely useless and no match for minato he can't defeat a genius with only just brute strenght and speed
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •