Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How do some sharingan have special non mangekyou abilities?

I always wondered how some sharingan have special non mangekyou sharingan abilities.

The first time it came up was when Madara would phase through attacks and warp away yet his sharingan never changes into the mangekyou sharingan. Granted with Madara we know he attained the eternal mangekyou sharingan yet we haven't seen it or any of it's abilities.

The second time I was bothered was with Shisui's eye having the ability to control someones mind even without them looking into it. Granted Danzo kept it under wraps, but it seems as though Shisui didn't have the mangekyou sharingan either.

How on earth are these eyes able to have extra abilities that aren't part of the mangekyou sharingan?

Shadow Walker
    Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: How do some sharingan have special non mangekyou abilities?

Kishi does that elsewere with the Kaguya clan. Kimimaro is the only one with bone manipulation. Its not rare to find anomilies in clans like look at the Byakugan and the Sharingan may be able to be hoed more to procure advanced abilities like maybe Shisu is using a special genjutsu as well as Itachi able to control people outside of there conscious.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsibbs View Post
    Kishi does that elsewere with the Kaguya clan. Kimimaro is the only one with bone manipulation. Its not rare to find anomilies in clans like look at the Byakugan and the Sharingan may be able to be hoed more to procure advanced abilities like maybe Shisu is using a special genjutsu as well as Itachi able to control people outside of there conscious.
    That's certainly a good point. On that note it would be nice to see an abnormally stronger Byakugan user. The Hyuga are supposed to be the strongest in the Leaf, but short of Hiashi and Neji they seem average at best.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    how are you today? :D

They r very strong....

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sharingan has the ability to cast genjutsu. Perhaps (at least with Shisui) it was just in the way that they used their genjutsu.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well, for example:
    you can be good in football, but suck in soccer; I can be good in soccer, but suck in football.
    Everyone has different abilities that makes them unique, some are just too extravagant.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by UxCxHxIxHxA View Post
    well, for example:
    you can be good in football, but suck in soccer; I can be good in soccer, but suck in football.
    Everyone has different abilities that makes them unique, some are just too extravagant.
    Well that's an awesome variation for Madara. Phasing through attacks, warping himself and others away, and having a secret room inside his sharingan. I think it's a bit beyond your example, but you make your point clear.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

because sharingan is stronger than rinnegan because its the strongest dojutsu why you think itachi kept his sahringan on at all times cause he was helping nagato controll pain why you think when itachi died pain start listening to madara because madara took controlled of his mind he was stronger than 1 eye madara am positive

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by LMAOnoobs View Post
    because sharingan is stronger than rinnegan because its the strongest dojutsu why you think itachi kept his sahringan on at all times cause he was helping nagato controll pain why you think when itachi died pain start listening to madara because madara took controlled of his mind he was stronger than 1 eye madara am positive
    Interesting thought, but it doesn't have anything to do about the thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsibbs View Post
    After thinking about it a bit more I don't completely agree. Kimimaro had a bloodline limit he was the only one in his clan with a bloodline limit. The sharingan is a bloodline limit and we already know that the next level of advancement is the mangekyou sharingan so I'm still not too sure.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTDogg220 View Post
    Well that's an awesome variation for Madara. Phasing through attacks, warping himself and others away, and having a secret room inside his sharingan. I think it's a bit beyond your example, but you make your point clear.
    well again, another example is when zetsu explained about the sharingan:
    "Two people can throw a shuriken, the difference is that an expert will win against an amateur" or something like that
    more references in the sasuke vs itachi fight

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.

"Two people can throw a shuriken, the difference is that an expert will win against an amateur" or something like that
    Well... No doubt Madara had a lot of time for perfecting this space time jutsu of his and it was a necessity for him.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agreed with your point before and still do. My question is how do some sharingan have special non mangekyou sharingan abilities? The point Zetsu made was specifically an expert sharingan user can defeat a mangekyou sharingan user despite the mangekyou's stronger abilities.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yes from what we've discovered is that some people like shisui and Madara have unique non mangekyou sharingan abilities. I would have liked to see one out of Sasuke or Kakashi before they obtained Mangekyou but I guess their sharingans aren't as special as Itachi and Madara's :P

Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.

I can come up with a few random short theories, some more believable (i.e fewer assumptions than the others). Kakashi's MS may be a weird Sharingan too it seems.

1.) Simple genetic mutation given Kishi knows a little about DNA and incorporates it into the story. Just like anyone, before say Shisui was born, he had a unique DNA sequence for his Sharingan that gave him this ability, such that his Sharingan was eye was unique from the day he was born.

2.) I was thinking of this. We know that you must fulfill certain emotionally straining requirements to awaken and evolve the Sharingan in the number of tomoes and to the MS. What if Shisui underwent an event that only partially shifted his Sharingan from the standard 3-tomoe, but that it never made it to the MS. Again this could be due to mutation, or something else.

3.) Another possibility is if it's not just about the Sharingan eye itself. What if it's about a combination of a Sharingan doujutsu with a user invented ninjutsu (Danzou had both Shisui's arm and eye. While the arm housed 10 Sharingan for Izanagi and Shisui's arm may have been most convenient, it may have been involved in the mind control jutsu). While the Ameratsu for example, is a pure doujutsu, if one combined a ninjutsu with a doujutsu, maybe they could create a new technique that's neither a pure ninjutsu nor a pure doujutsu.

There's some other stuff I've thought of, such as breeding with clans from the younger son's lineage, but these are just three off the top of my head.

Peace.