View Poll Results: What happened to Sakura? Where did Kishi fail?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kishi forgot about her

7 10.00%
  • She was meant to be that way

39 55.71%
  • Their is still time.....

24 34.29%
Page 5 of 6 « First 123456 Last»
    Status
    Feb 2010
    This user has no status.

Re: What happened to Sakura? Where did Kishi fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxen View Post
    Who cares about Sakura??????????
    You do since you clicked on a sakura thread but ironically this is why i made this thread.Now, Sakura is an afterthought and it could have easily been avoided by adding a little bit of credibility to her character ,and with some hard work she could have grown into an important component of this manga.In comparison, nobody is awaiting great improvements from people like tenten/ino who's role has been clearly defined.

Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post
    A good question, perhaps worthy of a thread since it's so well into this thread, unless it's felt it would be too similar to this one.

Peace
    thx, it just needs an angle to get attacked from and it kinda touches on some of things we have discussed here.If you have something in mind please do...

Last edited by siyo; 06-21-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Victory is mine #TeamVision

Quote Originally Posted by siyo View Post
    What i meant by fishing is you have do not have solid prove of your assumption, and it seemed like it was a matter of fact (could be my mistake).

I would like to know how you define an all around female shinobi?
    Fair enough. I'm assuming we are talking about Kishi's inablitiy/unwilligness to draw varied kind of female characters in depth. I cannot say I have solid proof untill he produces a life time of mangas/at least more than a few and same trend is continued in all of them.

What I based my opinion is based on this manga- You give me one example from manga where a female shinobi really was better than her team mates and an important character in the manga. Of the three Sanins Tsunade became Hokage only after Oro was thrown out and Jiraiya pulled out himself.

And you can see how the readers feel when you see people making threads about Tsunade being a crappy Hokage and even to the extent calling her Naruto's lapdog! The manga's main audience is male and it's written accordingly. And a large number of audience better relates with females characters in their role as a mother and wife (Kushina was admired by majority) or an un attached strong woman.

You never replied me about the absence of Nara women or Uchiha women in the field. We see KIbas but then the father of the family is absent there. Where is Kurenai?

All round female shinobi- What I meant by that here was - A girl whose ambition is to be a shinobi- succeeds to be a meaningful one/ important enough-to remain a shinobi even if she marries and persue it as a career- how she was supposed to do it- what would be her concerns and compromises made by the couple in the case etc. If you want to go in more details and analysis -that would be for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    The point I was making wasn;t about her being able to catch to sasuke and naruto because thats just not gonna happen at this point.

The maturity angle I brought talks about altitude. Rock lee is a very motivated indivitual. And why is he so modivated? becuase he knows about hid shortcomings, lee knows he can't mould chakra very well but he is still becoming stronger.
    He has something in common with naruto and thats the will to become a better shinobi for the sake of being a shinibi. You know for duty and country not for personal matters, shinobi in this era of naruto is actually job.

You don't have to be the strong shinobi to be regarded as good one. Look at Obito he died very young for the sake of his team and village, this is something I don't see sakura doing up until to this point. She may after her last meeting with sasuke but before that meeting she was not going to do anythung like that.

Hinata simular deal, she was willing to die to try and protect naruto against Pain. She is not a strong shinobi and she admiits it, and is trying to be bettter. And come to think of it hinita admires naruto's will to be a better shinobi, as her and naruto were very slow learners when they were young in part 1.

This is soemthing I've disliked about sakura the most, when I frist watched the series. Her own mindset is what holds her back to become a better shinobi.
    I understand you quite well. Do you understand my side? Rock Lee had motivation and got strong - I said that already. But there is a limit to that. He would never reach Naruto or Sasuke's capabilties. Same goes for Sakura.

Sakura didn't have motivation and skills like Naruto /Sasuke or even Lee because she had a relatively comfortable life and was a good student but ordinary girl.Sakura so far hasn't neglected her duty as a shinobi. She is a top medical nin and took risks for the sake of her village and her people. But it any team which has Naruto and Sasuke along with Kakshi as its his head her fighting skills are of not much use. That's why she went to learn medical skills.

So she is still not over Sasuke completely- sometimes that cannot be helped. They were part of a team and had long interaction and Sakura saw and knew how he changed. Even Sarutobi couldn't make himself kill Oro at a mature age and let him escape when he found out about his experiments. A 16 year old Sakura should get some leeway.

Secondly how much we do know about Rock Lee besides that he is physically and mentally strong as a shinobi. The circumstances of both the characters are different as are personalities. I don't think Sakura goes around jumping about youth. That's one for maturity.

You keep mentioning Hinata- Exactly how much Hinata has improved? What do we know about her except that she is willing to die for Naruto? That's the role of loving wife- great but that motivations so far hasn't made Hinata extraordinary shinobi. At least Kishi hasn't shown anything in the manga.

I agree with Leafeater that she proabely should have learnt fancy poison techs from Shizune and Summonning tech from Tsunade- but that's up to Kishi. Isn't it? We are back to square one. Kishi ignored her for whatever reasons. No use disliking Sakura like a real life girl for she is Kishi's imgaination and that's how he wants her. If he wants her to know more we would find that she has already learnt all this. Otherwise not. He seems to be satisfied with her not annoyed...

Last edited by Ira; 06-22-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Status
    Mar 2010
    "shapeless, formless, be
    water my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by Migualon J.J. View Post
    who is this sakura person? :D
    She is just some fruity fairy who likes to yawp and cry most of her airtime.. one of her hobbies is throwing low blows at herteammates while they`re distracted

I DO BELIEVE SAKURA IS A HENTAI GODDESS

...she rocks for making office boys wet their pants.... wkkkk

Last edited by veggetta13; 06-22-2011 at 05:30 AM.

Status
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by veggetta13 View Post
    She is just some fruity fairy who likes to yawp and cry most of her airtime.. one of her hobbies is throwing low blows at herteammates while they`re distracted

I DO BELIEVE SAKURA IS A HENTAI GODDESS

...she rocks for making office boys wet their pants.... wkkkk
    Which manga female is not hentai goddeses for some of you...

Status
    Jun 2011
    This user has no status.

i think her character was established in the first group 7 meeting...when they introduced themselves...shes pretty much said she had no ambition, than later after realissing how useless she was in fights she decided to take up medical training. i think thats her role and won't go beyond that.
    ...in terms of her training its really upto her to make herself better, if you look at naruto and suske they weren't spoon-fed...they were shown/told what to do and had to achieve it on their own so cant really blame the mentors

like someone in this thread already mentioned her character matches quite well with women in general

Status
    Feb 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by isthatnecessary View Post
    Fair enough. I'm assuming we are talking about Kishi's inablitiy/unwilligness to draw varied kind of female characters in depth. I cannot say I have solid proof untill he produces a life time of mangas/at least more than a few and same trend is continued in all of them.
    yes, that's what i'm asking and you cleared it up.

What I based my opinion is based on this manga- You give me one example from manga where a female shinobi really was better than her team mates and an important character in the manga. Of the three Sanins Tsunade became Hokage only after Oro was thrown out and Jiraiya pulled out himself. .
    Jiraiya felt she was the best for the job, and if people doubted her credentials she wouldn't have been elected hokage.Simple as that....

I would assume the mizukage was/is the best out of her team since she is a leader of an entire vilage.Two kg's speaks for itself.

Kurenai was jounin and she was one of the main teachers,and she was being presented in the same league as gai,asuma, and kakashi.She has amazing stats and her genjutsu level rivals itachi, who even praised her when they met.She can influence several people at the same time.

Anko survived orochimaros experiments, you know where most people die,She was shown to be a very independent woman and she was leading squards, which should tell you about her credentiels.

As i mentiioned, konan almost killed the lead villain of this village.

Kushina was a host and every host so far had skills of his/her own.Garra,bee, naruto even the people, who was shown captured.They all had to be trained up to suitable for a beast(like we saw in hidden cloud village),and in some cases they have to be ready to be used as a weapon.Naruto obviously was a speciel case..She also had great chakra and was ovoiuosly good with seals.Obviously,she was a good mother and a very kind woman but that did not stop her from being a great warrior.

Temari who as you say comes from a great family and she is obviously very powerful.

Tschukage's and raikages team, which i agree aren't deveolped personalities wise,yet. But their status indicates they are some of the strongest people in their respective village.

And you can see how the readers feel when you see people making threads about Tsunade being a crappy Hokage and even to the extent calling her Naruto's lapdog! The manga's main audience is male and it's written accordingly. And a large number of audience better relates with females characters in their role as a mother and wife (Kushina was admired by majority) or an un attached strong woman.
    This argument is valid when it comes to males being the prime readers, and kishi perhaps caters to us but i have seen nothing which indicates this. If he continuous to use a male main charcter a focus i mifgt use a diffrent tune, and i would agree with you.

You never replied me about the absence of Nara women or Uchiha women in the field. We see KIbas but then the father of the family is absent there. Where is Kurenai?
    The uchiha clan was murdered by itachi, so naturally a lot of their history disappeared.How many people from the nara clan did we really see? Besides shikamaru and his dad we only see few people here and there.So i don't think you can make analysis based on that.The father of the family was absent but we don't know his role, and it seemed through the manga that kiba was raised and taught by women.But a lot of the clans, do have traditional views and we see people like hinata trying to break them( a lot of that got to do with heritage and and i remember a little girl from that clan who's being brought up to be a deadly shinobi ).Then you see people like ino who's obviously not judged by her family.

All round female shinobi- What I meant by that here was - A girl whose ambition is to be a shinobi- succeeds to be a meaningful one/ important enough-to remain a shinobi even if she marries and persue it as a career- how she was supposed to do it- what would be her concerns and compromises made by the couple in the case etc. If you want to go in more details and analysis -that would be for another day.
    This is a very open description and you wouldn't know who filled out that description unless you live inside their heads&households, and then follow entire lives.All the women i have metioned are very diversed and a lot of their antics got to do with comedic relief.

Last edited by siyo; 06-22-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Status
    Jul 2008
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    The point I was making wasn;t about her being able to catch to sasuke and naruto because thats just not gonna happen at this point.

The maturity angle I brought talks about altitude. Rock lee is a very motivated indivitual. And why is he so modivated? becuase he knows about hid shortcomings, lee knows he can't mould chakra very well but he is still becoming stronger.
    He has something in common with naruto and thats the will to become a better shinobi for the sake of being a shinibi. You know for duty and country not for personal matters, shinobi in this era of naruto is actually job.

You don't have to be the strong shinobi to be regarded as good one. Look at Obito he died very young for the sake of his team and village, this is something I don't see sakura doing up until to this point. She may after her last meeting with sasuke but before that meeting she was not going to do anythung like that.

Hinata simular deal, she was willing to die to try and protect naruto against Pain. She is not a strong shinobi and she admiits it, and is trying to be bettter. And come to think of it hinita admires naruto's will to be a better shinobi, as her and naruto were very slow learners when they were young in part 1.

This is soemthing I've disliked about sakura the most, when I frist watched the series. Her own mindset is what holds her back to become a better shinobi.

Yea you understood what I was saying,

I Can see why it would be a disappointing if my conclusions of maturity is the one thing holding her back. But on the bright side maturity can be cured quite easyily in war times. She has great chakra control that helps you built into a better shinobi far easier than the road to power naruto had to go through with the fox and what not.

It could have been alot worse, remember when rock lee almost had to give up being a shinobi due to his back inqury. One my favorute characters in the series is rock lee, hes shows the conviction of true shinobi. Wouldn't surprise me if we see rock lee in some fights soon.
    She has stepped it up before against strong opponents and pressure in Shippuuden already such as curing Kankurou, fighting Sasori with Chiyo, and Nagato's invasion (albeit she did cry out for Naruto after the concentrated Shinra Tensei blast).

Sakura certainly has the overarching maturity issues that you've mentioned; however, like Tsunade's previous incapacitating fear of blood, she must also overcome specific issues related to her feelings for Naruto and Sasuke. She must regain her inner strength, inner Sakura. It's not going to be any easier as Naruto and Sasuke get stronger and more serious.

Personally, I feel that psychological issues are more difficult to overcome than physical ones. We agree Sakura has the physical tools, but it's in her head. For example, you mentioned Lee, who, believe it or not, I feel had an easier challenge to overcome because of his mentality and ninja way. Few other ninja could've healed from those wounds, even with Tsunade and Shizune working on him and Gai as his sensei. Of all of them above, his strongest asset was his belief in himself and his determination.

Nice post.

@Siyo

thx, it just needs an angle to get attacked from and it kinda touches on some of things we have discussed here.If you have something in mind please do...
    I wasn't referring to me but to you or another, threads are a lot of work for me relative to posting in them (I'm too much of a perfectionist on things like grammar and write and cite too much)
    Honestly, it's kind of an important topic, but maybe too serious for this venue, and it would require a lifetime that might be too loo long.

I'm gonna check the other posts out as I'm falling behind, and the next chapter looks great.

Peace

Last edited by leafeater; 06-22-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Status
    May 2011
    This user has no status.

I haven't finish all the post yet. But I'd like to add my thoughts.

The Good:
    She shows potential.
    For the most part she has a very strong personality.
    She's pretty.
    She's very skilled in healing others and that is a true asset.
    She's loyal.

The Bad:
    She's in love with a kid who doesn't even like her. You can try and say "Oh, he's pulling an Itachi and hiding his true feelings", but no. I doubt it. Even if he was that still doesn't make thing any better!

He says mean things to her and tried to KILL HER! Still, she keeps chasing after him. Tsunade might have liked Oro at one point, but at least she got over her childish crush and found real love in Dan.

Also, I can understand her getting annoyed by Naruto if she seriously doesn't like him. Pushy guys aren't exactly attractive to a lot of women. The way she treats him though can be very heartless. And the way she's written at times does make her seem like a total *****.
    (All this really brings down her character for me, and the the whole situation with Sasuke makes me cringe any time I even see it. I really hate to see woman portrayed as following men with abusive tendencies.)

Physically, she has raw power, but I don't really view her as being one of the strongest in a fight.

That's not her place though. She's become a healer and in that regard I'd say she really is one of the best, especially for her age. And when I think about that it really allows me to see past some of her flaws.

Anyway, that being said there's still time for her character to shine and I think she'll live up to a lot of people's expectations. Honestly when it comes to female characters Kishi gives them less care than the males. I think however she's going to luck out because she's the main female role in the story. With her intelligence and healing skills she'll stand out and hopefully get over her toxic love with Sasuke and just be happy.

If she grows well by the end she'd be one of my favorite female characters. If not, it would seriously be a waste of potential.

Wow, writing this I realize I actually do like her. Minus her Sasuke obsession...
    (And no I don't hate Sasuke. Just don't like him for Sakura.)

Sorry for the Wall O' Text and rantings. xD

TL;DR : Sakura's not at a fantastic level yet, but she has a lot of potential and hopefully by the end of the manga her character will be much better than what was expected. Despite some flaws, there's still time.

Last edited by JustBetweenYouAndI; 06-22-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Status
    Jan 2009

<snip>
    Thata's a circular argument you just gave to me as well as repetitive as we have already covered all these women and stated our opinions about them.

I never said that Kishi has not shown women as being capable ( he would be in so much TROUBLE ) or strong. But he certainly hasn't bothered to pay that much attention on them as their male counter parts.

This is a very open description and you wouldn't know who filled out that description unless you live inside their heads&households, and then follow entire lives.All the women i have metioned are very diversed and a lot of their antics got to do with comedic relief.
    Yeah comedic relief- you said it. Itachi's father and and itachi having constant arguments and talking about clans meetings. His mother a supposed shinobi- silent. Not even a comment from her on the situation other than taking Sasuke away from the scene..
    One doesn't need to follow their entire lives. A scene here, a random comment there might give a glimpse if, a good writer intends to.

Last edited by Ira; 06-22-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Status
    Feb 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post

@Siyo
    I wasn't referring to me but to you or another, threads are a lot of work for me relative to posting in them (I'm too much of a perfectionist on things like grammar and write and cite too much)
    Honestly, it's kind of an important topic, but maybe too serious for this venue, and it would require a lifetime that might be too loo long.
    hehe, i had a feeling you were insinuating that, and it is hard work, it is one the reasons i just started makiing threads recently.

I agree, that it is an important question and it does require some form of maturity,which is questionable around here. But i will take it under consideration, and you're right what an intriguing chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by JustBetweenYouAndI View Post
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
    Sorry for the Wall O' Text and rantings. xD

lol nothing is better than a good rant. I do think she will eventually get over sasuke or at least realise that she needs to hide it.One of the only thing going for her is the fact that she is a main charcater and perhaps she will experience horribel(like tsunade dying) which will motivate her even more. And after the war she could dedicate herself to become a high level shinobi.Time will tell...

Thata's a circular argument you just gave to me as well as repetitive as we have already covered all these women and stated our opinions about them.

I never said that Kishi has not shown women as being capable ( he would be in so much TROUBLE ) or strong. But he certainly hasn't bothered to pay that much attention on them as their male counter parts.
    i brought up a lot of the women before and you started bashing them so when you asked again, for a powerful female i just elaborated on my earlier suff(ask and yall shall receive).Like what was the levels of women like kushina,anko and kurenai....
    i am glad we are on the same page now since you think that the women are capable and strong, and the attention thing is right. I just think it is circumstantiel and you think it is deliberate.....

Yeah comedic relief- you said it. Itachi's father and and itachi having constant arguments and talking about clans meetings. His mother a supposed shinobi- silent. Not even a comment from her on the situation other than taking Sasuke away from the scene..
    One doesn't need to follow their entire lives. A scene here, a random comment there might give a glimpse if, a good writer intends to.
    Guys like narutu,shikamaru,choji,shino,jiraiya and kakashi are also there for comedic relief, so it is not a bad thing. Itachi's mother had a reason for why she was silent, and we will never know.
    We have not seen anyone, male or female, talk about compromises when it comes to who stays home and what not.

Last edited by siyo; 06-23-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Status
    Jan 2009

i brought up a lot of the women before and you started bashing them so when you asked again, for a powerful female i just elaborated on my earlier suff(ask and yall shall receive).Like what was the levels of women like kushina,anko and kurenai....
    i am glad we are on the same page now since you think that the women are capable and strong, and the attention thing is right. I just think it is circumstantiel and you think it is deliberate.....
    Bashing?? What exactly makes you say that word. I didn't bash any character. I said KIshi for not having any meaningful female character- a character which if disappeared from the manga would make much difference to the main story line.

I said he used women just to be there as a supporting character. The topic came up because you asked a question about a specific female character. Kishi is a great writer in many sense but he is lacking in some areas yet and that's it. Let's hope he gets better at it.

Guys like narutu,shikamaru,choji,shino,jiraiya and kakashi are also there for comedic relief, so it is not a bad thing. Itachi's mother had a reason for why she was silent, and we will never know.
    We have not seen anyone, male or female, talk about compromises when it comes to who stays home and what not.
    ... you are just dragging it out at this point. I wonder if you never expected this angle to come up when you posted the thread and having difficulties accepting it. We may agree to disagree - it's just my opinion.

Last edited by Ira; 06-23-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Status
    Aug 2008
    This user has no status.

i dont think that she had potential to start with. when naruto started and they fought zabuza, naruto developed the strategy to counter zabuza, sasuke was fighting haku and sakura was protecting the bridge builder from nobody.
    if we watch naruto in naruto, he catches up to sasuke, who catches up to the stronger half of the people who have a year or more of training more. before shippuuden, naruto and sasuke are on top of the genin, the only one who is able to still compete is gaara. sakura is where? on par with ino, on the bottom of the spectrum. that story just goes on.

it's like many said, kishi didnt even care enough to give her something special. every genin has a cool, fancy ability except sakura.

Status
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    i dont think that she had potential to start with. when naruto started and they fought zabuza, naruto developed the strategy to counter zabuza, sasuke was fighting haku and sakura was protecting the bridge builder from nobody.if we watch naruto in naruto, he catches up to sasuke, who catches up to the stronger half of the people who have a year or more of training more. before shippuuden, naruto and sasuke are on top of the genin, the only one who is able to still compete is gaara. sakura is where? on par with ino, on the bottom of the spectrum. that story just goes on.

it's like many said, kishi didnt even care enough to give her something special. every genin has a cool, fancy ability except sakura.
    Hi Revan. at the bolded part.

Maybe that's the thing- team seven had four members- one had a KG and Uchiha from Sage linage. another An Uzumaki distant blood relative of Senju with great physical power, Kakshi- intelligent has learned Rasengan from MInato and got sharingan from Obito. Sakura- She remains just the ordinary shinobi from leaf. She is there to suppliment a female character in the top team.

Status
    Feb 2010
    This user has no status.

Other than Konan in your list none of the other female characters are strong enough without a KG and Konan was of Minato's generation. You gave example of Hinata and Kurenai?? Are you serious? HInata is not much know for her fighting skills. I don't remembner when was the last time Kurenai played an important role. Anko - yeah Kabuto is draining her almost as soon as she appeared in the manga.
    here you are obviously saying that other than konan none of them were strong and if that isn't bashing i don't what is. Then you asked me to find one woman! who was stronger than her team, again implying that there isn't a female who is stronger than her male counterparts.You later corrected it by saying they were strong and capable...SHAZAM

She is there to suppliment a female character in the top team.
    i know you don't mean it, but this quote sounds like sakura is getting pimped out by kishi :D and that she is an accessory for the males to wear.

btw, this convo is getting tiresome/stale since we both stated our opinion and the poll speaks for itself.Most people in here thinks she was meant to be that, so i will take as an answer and pretty much conclude this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    i dont think that she had potential to start with. when naruto started and they fought zabuza, naruto developed the strategy to counter zabuza, sasuke was fighting haku and sakura was protecting the bridge builder from nobody.
    if we watch naruto in naruto, he catches up to sasuke, who catches up to the stronger half of the people who have a year or more of training more. before shippuuden, naruto and sasuke are on top of the genin, the only one who is able to still compete is gaara. sakura is where? on par with ino, on the bottom of the spectrum. that story just goes on.
    She was immature, but you can't claim she was talentless.High IQ , great chakra control and she dispelled an elite genjutsu.

Last edited by siyo; 06-24-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Status
    Aug 2008
    This user has no status.

She was immature, but you can't claim she was talentless.High IQ , great chakra control and she dispelled an elite genjutsu.
    no melee-skills, no speed, no training of her weaknesses, no jutsus (in difference to every other character of the manga). IQ and chakra control are useless if you dont think strategically and use jutsus. it's like being an expert in reloading weapons and not having any weapon to reload.
    Hi Revan. at the bolded part.

Maybe that's the thing- team seven had four members- one had a KG and Uchiha from Sage linage. another An Uzumaki distant blood relative of Senju with great physical power, Kakshi- intelligent has learned Rasengan from MInato and got sharingan from Obito. Sakura- She remains just the ordinary shinobi from leaf. She is there to suppliment a female character in the top team.
    hi isthatnecessary

agreed. i think kishi never really wanted her to be a main character, she was just in the team to give sasuke and naruto more people to interact and for the female quota.

most things (lineage,...) happened to naruto because kishi wanted to develop him (none of these were known at the beginning of naruto), sadly sakura was from the beginning the princess, there to be saved and to be adored by the main character. she didnt had to develop to do that, so kishi didnt develop her more than necessary.

Last edited by Revan; 06-24-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Status
    Jan 2009

[QUOTE=siyo;3371263]

here you are obviously saying that other than konan none of them were strong and if that isn't bashing i don't what is. Then asked me to find one! woman which were stronger than her team, again implying that there isn't a female who is stronger than her male counterparts.You later corrected it by saying they were strong and capable...SHAZAM
    That's not called bashing, dear. I wasn't making it personal and it wasn't due to any kind of bigotery/prejudice/sexuality/racism etc.

It's called literary character analysis. I merely stated the way they are depicted in the manga. Introducing a female character with amzing physical power and a being a strong character in the story line (one that cannot be easly substituted) are two different things. Most female characters are there to fill the spot of females in the manga.

You seem to ignore the difference and mix up the two. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. So ..........
    I think the thread is concluded unless someone brings in some new interesting angle soon enough.

@ Revan:
    + for you.

Last edited by Ira; 06-24-2011 at 03:18 AM.

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

no jutsus (in difference to every other character of the manga)
    Thats not true. Sakura has A rank jutsu, called Mystical Palm Technique, and B rank jutsu called Delicate Illness Extraction Technique. You should remember them from manga. Sakura hadnt been developed well, but the sad truth is that Kishimoto dont cares about females in general in his manga. Still, I recognize Sakura as most usefull from all young Konoha kunoichis.

Status
    Aug 2008
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Turson View Post
    Thats not true. Sakura has A rank jutsu, called Mystical Palm Technique, and B rank jutsu called Delicate Illness Extraction Technique. You should remember them from manga. Sakura hadnt been developed well, but the sad truth is that Kishimoto dont cares about females in general in his manga. Still, I recognize Sakura as most usefull from all young Konoha kunoichis.
    my post was about her basics, to show that she was already hopeless when she was introduced. having no jutsu at the beginning was a clear sign that she was not meant to be a fighter. kishi didnt fail to make her strong, he never intended to and never developed her in that direction.

apart from that i agree with you, most females in naruto are weak and at best can support like sakura. sadly useful doesnt equals strong, so while sakura has her use, she was and is far from being strong.

momentarily i tend to give ino the edge over sakura, because she got her mind-control in addition to her medical jutsus and therefore can do something in the fight, not just after the fight.

@ Revan:
    + for you.
    thank you^^

Last edited by Revan; 06-26-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Right now, she is regarded as a weak link and nobody gives Sakura a second thought, except maybe a few fanatics and some hentai loving folks......

Obviously, Kishi wanted team 7 to mimic the legendary Sannin. Arguable the strongest trio ever, and even though Tsunade would ultimately lose to both Orochimaro and Jiraiya, she still would/could have made their life a living hell. Jiraiya said her and the Kyuubi were the only things which had seriously ever injured him. She was no burden and contributed to the team with her great medical techniques (both offensively and defensively), her great strength, and her amazing chakra control.

All of this was being passed down to team 7, and in part one everything went according to plan.

Sakura was slowly being build up to be a highly intelligent shinobi, who had great chakra control, great stamina, and was diagnosed as a genjutsu type ( all the tools to become a dangerous threat).We have witnessed most of this doing the chunnin exams, when she answered all the question during the written exams, how she took all the mental damage from orochimaru, and brought either Sasuke or Naruto to safety, and most importantly she could dispel a genjutsu, which was noted to be on elite jounin level.
    Lastly, she was trained by the fifth hokage in 2, 5 years! Perfect time to evolve her skills to the next level, and nobody would complain if she became a mix of Tsunade, Kabuto, and kurenai.
    So, a great close range fighter with her strength and medical jutsu, in which she could screw up the nerves of her opponents and use poison as part of her inventory , plus she could cast genjutsu anywhere. This way she could have kept up with naruto and sasuke, and not be a complete burden.

So what went wrong?

Right now, both Naruto and Sasuke left her in the dust, and all sakura can do is cry and moan about how pathetic she really is. Her only impact in this story is to watch Naruto and Sasuke from the side lines, and actually hinder Naruto in what he needs to do i.e poison Naruto instead of sasuke, and being so delusional she thinks she can take Sasuke on by herself.

She is so worthless she made Sasori look an amateur, the guy who took out the kazekage with iron sand, by himself. It’s like her characters development stopped after that fight and Kishi just gave up on her or worse simply forgot. This was the time to slowly expand on all the things Sakura learned during the time skip. And after hundreds of chapters it seems she showed all she had in the Sasori fight and that is very disappointing. It would have been much better to give her flashbacks like Naruto, and upgrade her piece by piece.

Finally, I think the ship has sailed right now and she will forever play second fiddle to all the mid/top tier guys in the story.
    What went wrong? I dunno. Naruto has a lot of weaknesses, one of it is the fact it's called Naruto. Sakura early on seemed to be pegged as the brain, and the genjutsu type. Later Shikamaru became the brain and every sharigan user and their dog became the genjutsu types.

Sakura's entire character has revolved around an irrational love for Sasuke. It goes beyond delusional. He has tried to kill her at least three times. Once being stopped my Orochimaru, once being stopped by Kakshi and once by Naruto. He has never once expressed any interest in her whatsoever aside from not wanting her dead during the team 7 days. You might say they bonded during those days but I didn't see that happening hardly at all. Sakura simply being physically attracted to Sasuke is not enough of a justification for her continued obsession, she is simply crazy by all norms.

Since this forms the basis of her character it's no wonder people hate her character so much. Her contributions through out the series have been minimal considering the amount of screen time she has had. She exists more as a boat anchor around Naruto and the series in general. There's no fixing this at such a point, even the manga flat out calls her a moron http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/42696575/1

Status
    Jan 2009

You know what , calling Sakura moron just because she still have ffelings for Sasuke ( or for that matter calling Naruto a fool for trying to save him) is getting old and boring. Here:

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/483/17

Sarutobi always liked Oro and kakshi would like to save Sasuke if he could even now too... For whatever it's worth.

Yes, the whole team 7 felt for Sasuke and wanted him back (each a little differently but everyone cared for him). But all three understand the situation as well.