View Poll Results: What happened to Sakura? Where did Kishi fail?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kishi forgot about her

7 10.00%
  • She was meant to be that way

39 55.71%
  • Their is still time.....

24 34.29%
Page 5 of 5 « First 12345
    Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: What happened to Sakura? Where did Kishi fail?

Quote Originally Posted by isthatnecessary View Post
    It's called literary character analysis. ......

You seem to ignore the difference and mix up the two. ...
    The two are not mutually excluded, dear.You made the analysis in a bashing way, i just forgot to add that it was the way you said it.The first thing that popped up, when i mentioned anko, was her being drained by kabuto.That was litterally your respond to her whole being.....

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    momentarily i tend to give ino the edge over sakura, because she got her mind-control in addition to her medical jutsus and therefore can do something in the fight, not just after the fight.
    i wouldn't go this far lol despite me calling sakura disappointing i still think she is much stronger than ino, who has time and time again showed her menatl weaknesses, even though ironically that's where her strenght lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Afternoontiger View Post
    What went wrong? I dunno. Naruto has a lot of weaknesses, one of it is the fact it's called Naruto. Sakura early on seemed to be pegged as the brain, and the genjutsu type. Later Shikamaru became the brain and every sharigan user and their dog became the genjutsu types.
    you bring up a very good point here.I think shikamuru has been developed the most out of naruto's entire generations(excluding sasuke and naruto).He has become much more relevant , especially after the asuma arc.Even before that he was the first to make chunnin,and he has suddenly taken Sakura's spot when it comes to intelligents.And this could have been the turning point for kishi,since he took all the laziness out of shikumaru,and made sakura stale instead.

Last edited by siyo; 06-26-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You know what , calling Sakura moron just because she still have ffelings for Sasuke ( or for that matter calling Naruto a fool for trying to save him) is getting old and boring. Here:

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/483/17

Sarutobi always liked Oro and kakshi would like to save Sasuke if he could even now too... For whatever it's worth.

Yes, the whole team 7 felt for Sasuke and wanted him back (each a little differently but everyone cared for him). But all three understand the situation as well.
    I won't call her a moron, but out of all those people you named, she is the least capable of saving Sasuke.

It's only annoying because of their last encounter under the bridge after Danzo went boom.....because she was so close, started crying, and fell for Naruto's Talk-no-jutsu.

She was so intent on killing Sasuke, she put Sai, Lee, Kiba, Akamaru....(was there anyone else?) to sleep, only to fail.

I just wish she'd grow a backbone, I know it's Naruto's job to beat Sasuke, not hers. Or Kakashi's.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

She this whole time since Sasuke left has been a selfish *****, so she doesn't deserve anyone or anything.

Okay that iss harsh. But I think she is going to turn out like Tsunade. Well she already is pretty much it is just that we don't see much of her.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

^ backbone is what she's lacking for sure.....if compared to Tsunade

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    All rose from the silence; All
    goes back to its hush.

Quote Originally Posted by siyo View Post
    The two are not mutually excluded, dear.You made the analysis in a bashing way, i just forgot to add that it was the way you said it.The first thing that popped up, when i mentioned anko, was her being drained by kabuto.That was litterally your respond to her whole being.....
    Yes they are. There is no point denying it and it goes for any character male or female.

Mizukage and Tsuchikage are mutually interchangeble with little effort. It won't affect the story. Anko again is just being used as a source for chakra. Her place in the story only important to the extent at the moment that she carries curse mark of Orochimaru. What role exactly she has played since the chunin exams?

You seem to be personally offended somehow among all this and I can't pin point exactly what's bothering you in my analysis. I really don't see if I could have made my stand on the issue in any other way. Ot what do you want me to ackonwledge by persisting in stretching this issue. Care to elaborate?

BTW , unlike me, your use of the word dear was forced. :P

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

[/I]was forced. :P
    hey, just wanted to let you know, it make you sound condescending when you use words like dear and honey :P And believe me, i am not offended in any way.....

I was talking about her strenght not the role she has.You discredited her with that kabuto line.While it may be true that kabuto caught her, it doesn't meassure how strong she is.Kabuto is arguably the strongest villian in the story(with madara), so most people would naturally fall.If you can't see that i got nothing else....:confused: It would have been something else if you said she didn't impress you, and you made a list about why you think she is weak.Obviously, in an objective way.......

In reality it's a very small thing , but you blew it up by saying you did not bash her/them, and perhaps i should have just ignored it like i originally contemplated.So from my point of view i think we were both wrong, you can think what you like....

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    My head hurts.

Naruto and Sasuke left almost everybody behind, dont forget how young they still are and the only reason that they are as strong as this is because of their gifts/curses of being a Jinchuriki and an Uchiha. How can you really expect Sakura to keep up with the Kyubi and the Mongekyo.

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    All rose from the silence; All
    goes back to its hush.

I was talking about her strenght not the role she has.You discredited her with that kabuto line.While it may be true that kabuto caught her, it doesn't meassure how strong she is.Kabuto is arguably the strongest villian in the story(with madara), so most people would naturally fall.If you can't see that i got nothing else....:confused: It would have been something else if you said she didn't impress you, and you made a list about why you think she is weak.Obviously, in an objective way.......

In reality it's a very small thing , but you blew it up by saying you did not bash her/them, and perhaps i should have just ignored it like i originally contemplated.So from my point of view i think we were both wrong, you can think what you like....
    I didnt blew up anything. You missed a lot of things I said, whether intentionally or not - I cannot say. The only mistake I made was probably posting in a Sakura character disscussion thread. I have nothing further to say on this issue.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i wouldn't go this far lol despite me calling sakura disappointing i still think she is much stronger than ino, who has time and time again showed her menatl weaknesses, even though ironically that's where her strenght lies.
    i was valuing their usefulness, not their strength, since their one on one strength is to weak to be of use anyway. being girly doesnt really influence their combat strength nor their usefulness and we have seen that ino's mind control especially in her team is useful. in addition to that she can heal, therefore
    mind control+heal>heal -> ino>sakura
    concerning usefulness.

you bring up a very good point here.I think shikamuru has been developed the most out of naruto's entire generations(excluding sasuke and naruto).He has become much more relevant , especially after the asuma arc.Even before that he was the first to make chunnin,and he has suddenly taken Sakura's spot when it comes to intelligents.And this could have been the turning point for kishi,since he took all the laziness out of shikumaru,and made sakura stale instead.
    although i think that you are right concerning shikamaru's development i think you are overestimating sakura. i cant remember one single battle scene where she used her brain to some benefit and while shikamaru was the strategist from the beginning, sakura didnt show any talent there, she was just the type that learns much in school (being the prejudice of a girl again).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariow View Post
    Naruto and Sasuke left almost everybody behind, dont forget how young they still are and the only reason that they are as strong as this is because of their gifts/curses of being a Jinchuriki and an Uchiha. How can you really expect Sakura to keep up with the Kyubi and the Mongekyo.
    as part of team seven you could expect that she will climb to the top or at least to the top 10 too, (compare erza, gray or even lucy from fairy tail), but she didnt get any powerup since the beginning of shippuuden. of course you can create her that way that she can keep up, making her later a member of a lost sub-clan of the senju was no problem for kishi when it was about nagato and naruto. or just create her as a strong character that isnt part of any hyped tribe.

the momentarily discussion is/was about weather she's that weak because female in the manga in general are weaker and dont play such a big role and therefore sakura never had a chance (i called it "being the princess from the start"), or weather sakura originally had potential but was just "forgotten" by kishi (siyo mentioned e.g. that kakashi assumed that sakura could learn genjutsu).

Last edited by Revan; 06-28-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Page 5 of 5 « First 12345