Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

My theory on Why Itachi and Nagato could help Naruto

After the appearance of Itachi and Nagato musing on their fate, a few chapters later we're shown the 6 paths of Madara having both a sharingan and a rinnegan....coincidence?

I think not. There is a link of some sort here , and it could get pretty interesting. I actually think those two may very well hold the key in defeating these new 6 paths. Here's why:

1. I posted this in another thread of mine, that the bodies summoned by edo tensei are still able to hold onto a portion of their conscience, and shinobi with a willpower strong enough are able to break free of the Edo and can even act in total contradiction to the orders the user of the technique may give them. The thread i made:
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77303
    The notable instances of someone overcoming the hold of the talisman possesed by Kabuto include Sasori and Hanzo. While its true that with the jinchurikis seemingly under Madara's control it would mean less strain on Kabuto to maintain his hold on the remaining Edos, Itachi and Nagato probably have a better chance of freeing themselves than anyone else. Kankuro was able to talk Sasori into a position where he eventually willingly crumbled away, Naruto, who is renowned for his talk no jutsu could probably do a much better job at convincing if it came to that. So we can say that it is possible that Itachi and Nagato are able to overcome Kabuto's ability to control them and act on their own free will. That is the first step.

2. At/after their deaths, they were both shown to be on the side of the good guys. Itachi was working for Konoha all along, and Pain was willing to give up his life to make amends for the deaths he caused and he put his faith in Naruto. So we have motive as well for the both of them to help Naruto in his fight against Madara. As we have seen, edo tensei's when revived have all their memories intact to the point of their death, so neither of these 2 would be forgetful of the sacrifices they made for trying to ensure peace, the polar opposite of the goals of Madara at this point, which is world domination achieved through mass subjugation via war.

3. This is probably the most important point of all, and it can be summed up in one word: ability. For all his talk of having given Nagato the rinnegan, the fact of the matter is, Madara Uchiha is more than likely to have less ability with that doujutsu than the former did. Why? Try counting the years from when Jiraiya spotted the rinnegan in Nagato, when he was just a child, to the time he invaded the leaf, at which point he must have been somewhere in his 30s. In that time, he managed to become the operational head of the Akatsuki, kill a legend like Hanzo, take over the Hidden Rain, kill Jiraiya and then Kakashi and destroy Konoha.....the point being that he had skill with the rinnegan(yes, not on the SO6P's level but skill nonetheless). He would know from all those years the best method possible to overcome/ nullify the threat posed by another rinnegan and could potentially transfer some incredibly useful intel to Naruto or the Joint Shinobi forces. The same applies to Itachi. No one knows more about a sharingan than him, Madara has acknowledged his prowess on several occasions(while talking to Sasuke he said you would have been dead had Itachi been serious, then in the Danzo fight his tsukiyomi was praised). The only possible sharingan technique that Itachi did not posses was space time teleportation that Tobi has been shown to have. However, Itachi was trained by Madara:http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/385/16, so for someone as perceptive as Itachi to not have learned a counter to those techniques is most unlikely. Especially since Konan knew of a weakness in Madara's space time, without in all probability anywhere near the level of interaction with him that Itachi would have had:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/510/2
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/510/3
    She eventually lost that fight because of her ignorance of the Izanagi technique, ignorance which Itachi does'nt share. Danzo was Itachi's commander in the Anbu and he used izanagi so the latter being aware of this technique is almost a given.
    To sum this point up, Itachi and Nagato combined would be able to defeat these new 6 paths or give the info needed to accomplish it, its like the perfect set up.

4. There is the as yet unresolved mystery behind the powers Itachi gave Naruto. When those powers were given, it was hoped that they would never have to be used:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/403/8
    This power was given as a probable counter measure against Sasuke, and Itachi knew at that point that he would have MS. These new 6 paths have only regular 3 tomoe:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/544/15
    So it is a very likely possibility that whatever sharingan related powers they have are overcome by Itachi's gift. A meeting here with Naruto is all that is needed, Itachi need only unlock the powers already given, without having to directly fight himself, which would be difficult because of the Edo hold that Kabuto has.
    There is another mystery, and it might be possible that Nagato gave some sort of power to Narut as well. When in Kyuubi mode, Naruto has a neclace on that is similar in appearance to the SO6Ps necklace:

There is a strong resemblance there, plus there is this chapter when Naruto is taking control of the Kyuubi:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/499/14
    The rinnegan was an eye power of the sage of the 6 paths, the Kyuubi mentioning him there would not make it impossible to say that Nagato might have given some sort of gift to Naruto as Itachi had, who knows, the details of this might be revealed in a future chapter.

5. Plot wise, it would seem somewhat redundant for Naruto and Bee to fight Madara's 6 paths and defeat them( tis inevitable as long as the show is called naruto lol) only to return to have to fight the 6 paths of Pain.....again. I do not believe that that will happen. I also don't believe that if the resurrected Nagato is as strong as the original Pain(he should be as all IWR summons are supposed to have all their former abilities) that anyone other than Naruto could beat him.

So to conclude i'll say that Itachi and Nagato can potentially have a critically important role to play, and having lived their lives as masters of the 2 greatest doujutsus, they have the ability to help Naruto, a jinchuriki against 6 paths who are jinchuriki, rinnegan and sharingan wielders at the same time(What better combo than Nagato, Itachi and Naruto to counter this,lol?).
    Eventually, kishi will reveal all though i certainly believe that at the very least, the passing of information by these 2 to the shinobi alliance/Naruto for aid against Madara is a reasonable possibility.
    Thanks for reading and hope you like this.
    It is considered polite to plus rep/thank a post you like.

Last edited by Cyborg; 07-02-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Often times, I'll post one
    thing and then leave this site
    for two days. xD

Re: My theory on Why Itachi and Nagato could help Naruto

interesting...

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ding ding dong

They couldn't 'cause they're under Kabuto's control and Kabuto is PROB. saving them against Tobi.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The World is My Bridge....

Dude let me tell u a reason why no one will comment on your thread even though its good.....

ITS TOO LONG TO READ

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't think anyone doubts they'll have a big role to play, Good theory anyway (but I only read half of it :o)

Status
    May 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Godlike

Summarise it all into smaller paragraphs, im sure its interesting and well thought out its just in too much of a big block of text.

Academy Student Naruto anime discussant's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

interesting ,though i sort of disagree with u saying that nagato might have given naruto some power, as in my opinion the necklace resemblance is : first i dont beleive that madara is the one who gave nagato the rinnegan yet he might have helped him in awaking it by giving uzumaki nagato some uchiha power and since nagato has senju powers that may be the key for that he awakened the rinnegan, same goes with naruto since he has senju powers which is half rikudou's power and it was rikudou's seal which is used to seal the kyuubi so the necklace appeared and i dont think that itachi's power which is given to naruto has anything to do about it as i think that itachi gave him some of his power in a sealed mode that it will only be released when naruto faces sasuke

Last edited by Naruto anime discussant; 07-02-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i get everything your saying and i do think you are like a 75% right in what you just said. the other 15% well we just have to wait and see as for Kstunna man well maybe its long but he know what he is talking about. and i really like these types of threads rather the stupid ones.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    try and knock me down but i'm
    still standing, try and knock
    me down but i'm still here,
    you may fade away but i won't
    disapear and i'm not going
    anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    After the appearance of Itachi and Nagato musing on their fate, a few chapters later we're shown the 6 paths of Madara having both a sharingan and a rinnegan....coincidence?

I think not. There is a link of some sort here , and it could get pretty interesting. I actually think those two may very well hold the key in defeating these new 6 paths. Here's why:

1. I posted this in another thread of mine, that the bodies summoned by edo tensei are still able to hold onto a portion of their conscience, and shinobi with a willpower strong enough are able to break free of the Edo and can even act in total contradiction to the orders the user of the technique may give them. The thread i made:
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77303
    The notable instances of someone overcoming the hold of the talisman possesed by Kabuto include Sasori and Hanzo. While its true that with the jinchurikis seemingly under Madara's control it would mean less strain on Kabuto to maintain his hold on the remaining Edos, Itachi and Nagato probably have a better chance of freeing themselves than anyone else. Kankuro was able to talk Sasori into a position where he eventually willingly crumbled away, Naruto, who is renowned for his talk no jutsu could probably do a much better job at convincing if it came to that. So we can say that it is possible that Itachi and Nagato are able to overcome Kabuto's ability to control them and act on their own free will. That is the first step.

2. At/after their deaths, they were both shown to be on the side of the good guys. Itachi was working for Konoha all along, and Pain was willing to give up his life to make amends for the deaths he caused and he put his faith in Naruto. So we have motive as well for the both of them to help Naruto in his fight against Madara. As we have seen, edo tensei's when revived have all their memories intact to the point of their death, so neither of these 2 would be forgetful of the sacrifices they made for trying to ensure peace, the polar opposite of the goals of Madara at this point, which is world domination achieved through mass subjugation via war.

3. This is probably the most important point of all, and it can be summed up in one word: ability. For all his talk of having given Nagato the rinnegan, the fact of the matter is, Madara Uchiha is more than likely to have less ability with that doujutsu than the former did. Why? Try counting the years from when Jiraiya spotted the rinnegan in Nagato, when he was just a child, to the time he invaded the leaf, at which point he must have been somewhere in his 30s. In that time, he managed to become the operational head of the Akatsuki, kill a legend like Hanzo, take over the Hidden Rain, kill Jiraiya and then Kakashi and destroy Konoha.....the point being that he had skill with the rinnegan(yes, not on the SO6P's level but skill nonetheless). He would know from all those years the best method possible to overcome/ nullify the threat posed by another rinnegan and could potentially transfer some incredibly useful intel to Naruto or the Joint Shinobi forces. The same applies to Itachi. No one knows more about a sharingan than him, Madara has acknowledged his prowess on several occasions(while talking to Sasuke he said you would have been dead had Itachi been serious, then in the Danzo fight his tsukiyomi was praised). The only possible sharingan technique that Itachi did not posses was space time teleportation that Tobi has been shown to have. However, Itachi was trained by Madara:http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/385/16, so for someone as perceptive as Itachi to not have learned a counter to those techniques is most unlikely. Especially since Konan knew of a weakness in Madara's space time, without in all probability anywhere near the level of interaction with him that Itachi would have had:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/510/2
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/510/3
    She eventually lost that fight because of her ignorance of the Izanagi technique, ignorance which Itachi does'nt share. Danzo was Itachi's commander in the Anbu and he used izanagi so the latter being aware of this technique is almost a given.
    To sum this point up, Itachi and Nagato combined would be able to defeat these new 6 paths or give the info needed to accomplish it, its like the perfect set up.

4. There is the as yet unresolved mystery behind the powers Itachi gave Naruto. When those powers were given, it was hoped that they would never have to be used:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/403/8
    This power was given as a probable counter measure against Sasuke, and Itachi knew at that point that he would have MS. These new 6 paths have only regular 3 tomoe:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/544/15
    So it is a very likely possibility that whatever sharingan related powers they have are overcome by Itachi's gift. A meeting here with Naruto is all that is needed, Itachi need only unlock the powers already given, without having to directly fight himself, which would be difficult because of the Edo hold that Kabuto has.
    There is another mystery, and it might be possible that Nagato gave some sort of power to Narut as well. When in Kyuubi mode, Naruto has a neclace on that is similar in appearance to the SO6Ps necklace:

There is a strong resemblance there, plus there is this chapter when Naruto is taking control of the Kyuubi:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/499/14
    The rinnegan was an eye power of the sage of the 6 paths, the Kyuubi mentioning him there would not make it impossible to say that Nagato might have given some sort of gift to Naruto as Itachi had, who knows, the details of this might be revealed in a future chapter.

5. Plot wise, it would seem somewhat redundant for Naruto and Bee to fight Madara's 6 paths and defeat them( tis inevitable as long as the show is called naruto lol) only to return to have to fight the 6 paths of Pain.....again. I do not believe that that will happen. I also don't believe that if the resurrected Nagato is as strong as the original Pain(he should be as all IWR summons are supposed to have all their former abilities) that anyone other than Naruto could beat him.

So to conclude i'll say that Itachi and Nagato can potentially have a critically important role to play, and having lived their lives as masters of the 2 greatest doujutsus, they have the ability to help Naruto, a jinchuriki against 6 paths who are jinchuriki, rinnegan and sharingan wielders at the same time(What better combo than Nagato, Itachi and Naruto to counter this,lol?).
    Eventually, kishi will reveal all though i certainly believe that at the very least, the passing of information by these 2 to the shinobi alliance/Naruto for aid against Madara is a reasonable possibility.
    Thanks for reading and hope you like this.
    It is considered polite to plus rep/thank a post you like.
    um.... wow dude i can't think of anything to say it all sounds good... lets wait and see what happens cuz i like this idea.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxyninja View Post
    interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydearkevin View Post
    i get everything your saying and i do think you are like a 75% right in what you just said. the other 15% well we just have to wait and see as for Kstunna man well maybe its long but he know what he is talking about. and i really like these types of threads rather the stupid ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by C WET View Post
    um.... wow dude i can't think of anything to say it all sounds good... lets wait and see what happens cuz i like this idea.
    Thanks for the positive replies....thank/plus rep it if you guys like it as this took quite some time to make.
    The purpose of this thread was not length, its to discuss the reasons why Itachi and Nagato could have helped Naruto , how such a scenario would be possible in light of all that has been shown in the manga.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Very well thought out. Perfect combo to counter the new six paths. I see no other way.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLife510 View Post
    Very well thought out. Perfect combo to counter the new six paths. I see no other way.
    Thanks. And yes, this combo could potentially save a lot of bloodshed.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Dont Be Shy"

awesome theory bro -

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by natssuu View Post
    They couldn't 'cause they're under Kabuto's control and Kabuto is PROB. saving them against Tobi.
    i agree with natssuu..don't forget kabuto n madara aren't exactli allies..they just have a common enemy
    and those characters u mention didn't "completli" break free, and they were just fortunate enough to be against someone they had history with. plus kabuto has the option to give them no will at all making them killing machines. though it could get a little complicated since neither itachi or nagato are physical but intelligent in how they use their jutsu's, hence it is stil unknown how much of their conscience is required for them to use their abilities so i guess we'l have to see what happens...but good theory though

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's a good read but I just feel like you summed up the obvious in your own way.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mydearkevin View Post
    I like most of what he said as well but you seem to have forgotten something here. A paltry 10% was forgotten but hey it needs love too. :D

I do think nagato and Itachi will end up backfiring on Madara, but I'm not convinced that it won't be because Kabuto is actually either a good or neutral guy in this war. He can't want Madara to control everyone in the world via genjutsu.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm back bitches

cool read

Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.

Long, but worth it. Took me longer since I ended up rereading some interesting manga, lol. In practice, Kabuto hasn't done the best job of controlling people's words as much as their actions, especially as the Edo Tensei's have a stronger emotional valence to whoever they're with. Nagato's should be particularly strong.

They don't know about the new six paths of Pain though I doubt, so I'm not sure what all they'll tell Naruto, and I bet Itachi has questions about Sasuke. It'd be interesting if there were still hidden weaknesses/vulnerabilities of the MS/Rinnegan they might inform Naruto about. I don't see any jutsu getting cast, or at least unlikely because of Kabuto. I think he wants to weaken, not cripple Madara at this point. The other problem is how they'll meet to even have the dialogue.

Interesting theory...

Peace

Jedi mind tricks anyone? Kyuubikiller's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

+ Rep

Good theory.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by K stunna man View Post
    Dude let me tell u a reason why no one will comment on your thread even though its good.....

ITS TOO LONG TO READ
    :? :confused: O.O So true, I started to but yeah I got 2 sentences in before I quit.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How is this too long? It doen't take 5 minutes :D
    Awesome theory, like it.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out there

Alot of guys are getting confused about edo tensei's summons personailites.

The summons can't act on their own if u remove their personailiteis. This what orocihmaru did with the 1st and 2nd hokages, and since the 1st hokage is known because of his will of fire he of all people would have broke free but he didnt becuase he had no say in the matter.

Kabuto didnt remove the personailotes for alot of his summons becuase it's hard to controll many summons at the same time and let them fight on their own leaving the opportuniuty for emotions to break the seal with edo tensei. Hanzo and some of the others are just one of many that broke the seal in this way.

Kabuto admited he wouldn't do this for his more important summons such as itachi and nagato.

What u say could happen but only if Kabuto wants it to happen, hes in control. It has nothing do with itachi and nagato and kabuto wouldn't dare screwing around with madara now.

So in conclusion I don't think your theory would happen given what how impatint madara is now. He wouldn't hesitate killing kabuto at this stage of the war if Kabuto is going to makes things hard on him.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

very informative

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    Alot of guys are getting confused about edo tensei's summons personailites.

The summons can't act on their own if u remove their personailiteis. This what orocihmaru did with the 1st and 2nd hokages, and since the 1st hokage is known because of his will of fire he of all people would have broke free but he didnt becuase he had no say in the matter.

Kabuto didnt remove the personailotes for alot of his summons becuase it's hard to controll many summons at the same time and let them fight on their own leaving the opportuniuty for emotions to break the seal with edo tensei. Hanzo and some of the others are just one of many that broke the seal in this way.

Kabuto admited he wouldn't do this for his more important summons such as itachi and nagato.

What u say could happen but only if Kabuto wants it to happen, hes in control. It has nothing do with itachi and nagato and kabuto wouldn't dare screwing around with madara now.

So in conclusion I don't think your theory would happen given what how impatint madara is now. He wouldn't hesitate killing kabuto at this stage of the war if Kabuto is going to makes things hard on him.
    Link the manga page that proves:
    1. The bolded^^ above is true and if it is:
    2. Where Kabuto is shown removing the personalities of Itachi and Nagato.

Because i remember the talisman was used to control personalities, and i already linked the page that showed said talisman's hold being overcome.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Awesome theory......+rep

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»