Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Member neogeo's Avatar
    Status
    neogeo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Hey guys!

    So, I've been reading on many things and developped a theory I would like to share with U and hear what everyone thinks about it. Please bear patience with me for I will have to explain many subjects and for all I know I can be very wrong due to my overall poor understanding of budahism.

    But before that I would like to "underline" some details I considere crucial in kishi's own interpretation.
    In my understanding, we have to considere the Sage of the Six Paths in many ways..considered the creator of modern ninjutsu.. a god or human that reached a near god state (surpassed the simple human state) and also considere that he became the Juubi jinchuriki!

    Everyone has noticed (reading the manga linked bellow) that the representation of the Juubi shows it wielding some sort of combined dojutsu (eye jutsu) between the rinnegan and the sharingan.. rinnesharingan / sharinnegan (whatever u like to call it)

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/467/13

    well, is this a coincidence?! I don't think so... Nor do I take that the name "Sage of the Six Paths" (the first and true user of the rinnegan) is in no way related with Nagato (the only other rinnegan user we know of) and his own Six Paths of Pain..

    So I started searching for information concerning japanese mythology and what meanings does the terminology "six paths" (rikudou) and the number 10 hold.

    I quickly found references to "rikudou" ("Six Paths") are also called rokushu ("Six realms" of existence). According to Buddhist thought, all living beings are caught in an endless cycle of birth, death, and rebirth into one of the "six realms" being reborn up or down the scale according to the extent or lack of one's purity and good deeds in the previous existence. One can escape only by achieving enlightenment.

    So the rokushu are:

    Hells (naraka)
    Hungry ghosts (preta)
    Animals (tiryasyoni)
    Bellicose demons (asura)
    Humans (manusya)
    Heavenly beings (deva)

    But, the Buddhists provide additional 4 realms for those so called enlighted beings..

    Sravaka arhats (shoumon)
    Pratyeka buddhas (engaku)
    Bodhisattvas (bosatsu)
    Buddhas (hotoke)



    Combining all these realm's we have the "Ten world's". In Budhhism all forms of life are linked to these worlds enlighted or otherwise.


    So I have understood what the Six Paths represent (almost endless cycle of death and rebirth in the search for enlightment)
    the other 4 Noble worlds are where enlighted beings exist in the quest to ascend to the highest realm of all..


    This is where i start to simply theorise.. (sincerely I believe kishi's ideas are based in this mythology but not to the word)

    if we considere dojutsu as the gateways to travel all these realms.. and considered that the rinnegan (because of the repeating of the term rikuduo "six paths") is related to the six realm's we are left with the sharingan being the gateway to the other 4 realms (yes enlightement and darkness are quite the opposite I know..bear with me just a bit)

    Izanagi himself in japanese mythology was a descendent of divine generations (himself a divine beeing), along with his sister and spouse Izanami. Izanami died in child birth and Izanagi tried to retrieve her from the Yomi realm but didn't suceed. After this in a cleasing rite he creates Amaterasu "sun goddess" from his left eye tsukyomi "moon god" from his right and susanoo from his nose (in naruto a combination of both eyes)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izanagi

    Because izanagi and all the mythology surronding him are linked to the sharingan and because the transition in realms that is believed in budhhism is represented by dojutsu in Naruto series, I think it's safe to say a couple of things..

    Since Madara wants to be the Juubi jinchuriky I don't think it is coincidence he has both the sharingan and rinnegan (specially after researching for this info)
    I also think that the Juubi represents somesort of higher beeing maybe summoned from the 10th realm.



    Well this is the basic of what I think.. Give me feedback on what u think please.

    Best regards!
     
         
    Last edited by neogeo; 07-03-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

  2. #2
    God Path 10TailedPower's Avatar
    Status
    10TailedPower is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    inside SO6P
    Posts
    1,207
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    i was bored one nite and started lookin that stuff up too, but never thought of it that way, nice one (:
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member -Hatake-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Hatake- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Really?
    Posts
    4,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Nice theory, i knew about the susanoo bit and all, but not that six realms thing.
     
         

  4. #4
    Member neogeo's Avatar
    Status
    neogeo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by 10TailedPower View Post
    i was bored one nite and started lookin that stuff up too, but never thought of it that way, nice one (:
    ty m8!

    I was also bored when I started reasearching this but I confess that I was more curious than bored. I simply love mithology and I must confess that I'm not very familiar with japanese mithology.. so I wanted to share with u my findings..
    will it have something to do with this in the end?! =x

    best regards
     
         
    Last edited by neogeo; 07-03-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

  5. #5
    Senior Member raxy's Avatar
    Status
    raxy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Valley of the end
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Interesting theory...
     
         

  6. #6
    Lucifer's Avatar
    Status
    Lucifer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sidonia
    Posts
    17,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smile.
     



    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Wow! thanks didnt knew that!
     
         

  7. #7
    Member neogeo's Avatar
    Status
    neogeo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushimaru View Post
    Nice theory, i knew about the susanoo bit and all, but not that six realms thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by raxy View Post
    Interesting theory...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Susano View Post
    Wow! thanks didnt knew that!
    Thank u guys! Still if u have any comments good or bad I can take them! :D

    if u really like it a little rep would be nice it did take some work! ahah (I appreciate those that have already rep me! thanks guys)

    but seriosly hope u do like the thread!

    best regards to everyone and thanks once again
     
         

  8. #8
    The Legendary C WET C WET's Avatar
    Status
    C WET is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Fortress of Solitude...
    Posts
    1,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    try and knock me down but i'm
    still standing, try and knock
    me down but i'm still here,
    you may fade away but i won't
    disapear and i'm not going
    anywhere.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by neogeo View Post
    Hey guys!

    So, I've been reading on many things and developped a theory I would like to share with U and hear what everyone thinks about it. Please bear patience with me for I will have to explain many subjects and for all I know I can be very wrong due to my overall poor understanding of budahism.

    But before that I would like to "underline" some details I considere crucial in kishi's own interpretation.
    In my understanding, we have to considere the Sage of the Six Paths in many ways..considered the creator of modern ninjutsu.. a god or human that reached a near god state (surpassed the simple human state) and also considere that he became the Juubi jinchuriki!

    Everyone has noticed (reading the manga linked bellow) that the representation of the Juubi shows it wielding some sort of combined dojutsu (eye jutsu) between the rinnegan and the sharingan.. rinnesharingan / sharinnegan (whatever u like to call it)

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/467/13

    well, is this a coincidence?! I don't think so... Nor do I take that the name "Sage of the Six Paths" (the first and true user of the rinnegan) is in no way related with Nagato (the only other rinnegan user we know of) and his own Six Paths of Pain..

    So I started searching for information concerning japanese mythology and what meanings does the terminology "six paths" (rikudou) and the number 10 hold.

    I quickly found references to "rikudou" ("Six Paths") are also called rokushu ("Six realms" of existence). According to Buddhist thought, all living beings are caught in an endless cycle of birth, death, and rebirth into one of the "six realms" being reborn up or down the scale according to the extent or lack of one's purity and good deeds in the previous existence. One can escape only by achieving enlightenment.

    So the rokushu are:

    Hells (naraka)
    Hungry ghosts (preta)
    Animals (tiryasyoni)
    Bellicose demons (asura)
    Humans (manusya)
    Heavenly beings (deva)

    But, the Buddhists provide additional 4 realms for those so called enlighted beings..

    Sravaka arhats (shoumon)
    Pratyeka buddhas (engaku)
    Bodhisattvas (bosatsu)
    Buddhas (hotoke)



    Combining all these realm's we have the "Ten world's". In Budhhism all forms of life are linked to these worlds enlighted or otherwise.


    So I have understood what the Six Paths represent (almost endless cycle of death and rebirth in the search for enlightment)
    the other 4 Noble worlds are where enlighted beings exist in the quest to ascend to the highest realm of all..


    This is where i start to simply theorise.. (sincerely I believe kishi's ideas are based in this mythology but not to the word)

    if we considere dojutsu as the gateways to travel all these realms.. and considered that the rinnegan (because of the repeating of the term rikuduo "six paths") is related to the six realm's we are left with the sharingan being the gateway to the other 4 realms (yes enlightement and darkness are quite the opposite I know..bear with me just a bit)

    Izanagi himself in japanese mythology was a descendent of divine generations (himself a divine beeing), along with his sister and spouse Izanami. Izanami died in child birth and Izanagi tried to retrieve her from the Yomi realm but didn't suceed. After this in a cleasing rite he creates Amaterasu "sun goddess" from his left eye tsukyomi "moon god" from his right and susanoo from his nose (in naruto a combination of both eyes)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izanagi

    Because izanagi and all the mythology surronding him are linked to the sharingan and because the transition in realms that is believed in budhhism is represented by dojutsu in Naruto series, I think it's safe to say a couple of things..

    Since Madara wants to be the Juubi jinchuriky I don't think it is coincidence he has both the sharingan and rinnegan (specially after researching for this info)
    I also think that the Juubi represents somesort of higher beeing maybe summoned from the 10th realm.



    Well this is the basic of what I think.. Give me feedback on what u think please.

    Best regards!
    m.. very interesting.. i researched the japanes mythology on izanagi and amaterasu and tsukiyomi a while ago... i didn't know anything about budhism or whatever this is an interesting theory... is it enlightment?... or enlightenment?... because if it's enlightenment i would assume it's a place where you would gain all knowlege to everything you have ever questioned.. and that would mean that it's not the opposite of darkness unless you take darkness as meaning like your left knowing nothing... but otherwise your theory makes sense and i give you rep for doing all the research...
     
         

  9. #9
    Member neogeo's Avatar
    Status
    neogeo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by C WET View Post
    is it enlightment?... or enlightenment?...
    it is enlighteenment from my references.. but if u will can u explain to me in detail the difference..?

    there are still many holes in this theory but I really think that kishi is very linked to this mithology and that my remarks are no coincidence

    ty 4 the rep and let me just say I'm glad u found the theory interesting

    i sincerely hope everyone likes it


    best regards to all
     
         

  10. #10
    The Legendary C WET C WET's Avatar
    Status
    C WET is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Fortress of Solitude...
    Posts
    1,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    try and knock me down but i'm
    still standing, try and knock
    me down but i'm still here,
    you may fade away but i won't
    disapear and i'm not going
    anywhere.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by neogeo View Post
    it is enlighteenment from my references.. but if u will can u explain to me in detail the difference..?

    there are still many holes in this theory but I really think that kishi is very linked to this mithology and that my remarks are no coincidence

    ty 4 the rep and let me just say I'm glad u found the theory interesting

    i sincerely hope everyone likes it


    best regards to all
    i'm probably wrong but i was thinking of enlightment as in like a bright heavenly type of space or area... as to where enlightenment... is like knowlege or learning... know what i mean?
     
         

  11. #11
    Member neogeo's Avatar
    Status
    neogeo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    yeah i think I do.. But enlightenment by murder pain and suffering seems a bit contraditory..to say the least.. but it is a way of enlightenment of the pain the mortal world and the spirit while in the Human form has to discover!

    There is of course another way to awaken the MS that Kakashi discovered..he felt the things that firstly itachi talked about and then madara refered to being written within the tablets at the uchiha hideout! not by his own hands but he did withness such feelings..
    Maybe kishi understands that one's enlightenment in life will always take this path..and in someway I do agree with the idea!

    nice talk!
     
         

  12. #12
    The Legendary C WET C WET's Avatar
    Status
    C WET is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Fortress of Solitude...
    Posts
    1,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    try and knock me down but i'm
    still standing, try and knock
    me down but i'm still here,
    you may fade away but i won't
    disapear and i'm not going
    anywhere.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by neogeo View Post
    yeah i think I do.. But enlightenment by murder pain and suffering seems a bit contraditory..to say the least.. but it is a way of enlightenment of the pain the mortal world and the spirit while in the Human form has to discover!

    There is of course another way to awaken the MS that Kakashi discovered..he felt the things that firstly itachi talked about and then madara refered to being written within the tablets at the uchiha hideout! not by his own hands but he did withness such feelings..
    Maybe kishi understands that one's enlightenment in life will always take this path..and in someway I do agree with the idea!

    nice talk!
    you are very welcome.
     
         

  13. #13
    Outlaw Hero Goemon's Avatar
    Status
    Goemon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    God Realm
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You have to understand
    Pain,to accept Pain,to know
    Pain."
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    very nice rep for that!
     
         

  14. #14
    The Legendary C WET C WET's Avatar
    Status
    C WET is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Fortress of Solitude...
    Posts
    1,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    try and knock me down but i'm
    still standing, try and knock
    me down but i'm still here,
    you may fade away but i won't
    disapear and i'm not going
    anywhere.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    very nice rep for that!
    who you reppin bra?... lol
     
         

  15. #15
    Trinket's Avatar
    Status
    Trinket is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    bed
    Posts
    2,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    ★ the premium fairy xD
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    I found this really interesting =] I love learning about mythology, but I had absolutely no idea about any of this.

    Perhaps the "ten realms" coincide with the fact that the Juubi has ten tails. One for each realm? ;P
     
         

  16. #16
    Outlaw Hero Goemon's Avatar
    Status
    Goemon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    God Realm
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You have to understand
    Pain,to accept Pain,to know
    Pain."
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by C WET View Post
    who you reppin bra?... lol
    on the post
     
         

  17. #17
    The Legendary C WET C WET's Avatar
    Status
    C WET is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Fortress of Solitude...
    Posts
    1,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    try and knock me down but i'm
    still standing, try and knock
    me down but i'm still here,
    you may fade away but i won't
    disapear and i'm not going
    anywhere.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    I found this really interesting =] I love learning about mythology, but I had absolutely no idea about any of this.

    Perhaps the "ten realms" coincide with the fact that the Juubi has ten tails. One for each realm? ;P
    i like that idea too.. and also maybe other than the tails... the body or even the eye represents something greater than the realms...
     
         

  18. #18
    Member neogeo's Avatar
    Status
    neogeo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    I found this really interesting =] I love learning about mythology, but I had absolutely no idea about any of this.

    Perhaps the "ten realms" coincide with the fact that the Juubi has ten tails. One for each realm? ;P
    That's a thought! or maybe the ten tails it posesses are in fact representative of the 10th and greater realm of them all (that is what I personally think! but indeed everything is possible until proven otherwise..by kishi! ahah)

    in fact this whole theory could be dead wrong.. =x


    Goemon ty very much for the compliment and rep! I glad u enjoyed it! :D
     
         

  19. #19
    Outlaw Hero Goemon's Avatar
    Status
    Goemon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    God Realm
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You have to understand
    Pain,to accept Pain,to know
    Pain."
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by neogeo View Post
    That's a thought! or maybe the ten tails it posesses are in fact representative of the 10th and greater realm of them all (that is what I personally think! but indeed everything is possible until proven otherwise..by kishi! ahah)

    in fact this whole theory could be dead wrong.. =x


    Goemon ty very much for the compliment and rep! I glad u enjoyed it! :D
    np doubt it to be wrong Kishi took alot out of the japanese mythology amaterasu tsukuyomi and susano
     
         

  20. #20
    The Legendary C WET C WET's Avatar
    Status
    C WET is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Fortress of Solitude...
    Posts
    1,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    try and knock me down but i'm
    still standing, try and knock
    me down but i'm still here,
    you may fade away but i won't
    disapear and i'm not going
    anywhere.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    np doubt it to be wrong Kishi took alot out of the japanese mythology amaterasu tsukuyomi and susano
    true... you could use that right there as evidence that he too is into japanese mythology and he used alot of it for naruto...
     
         

  21. #21
    Outlaw Hero Goemon's Avatar
    Status
    Goemon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    God Realm
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You have to understand
    Pain,to accept Pain,to know
    Pain."
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by C WET View Post
    true... you could use that right there as evidence that he too is into japanese mythology and he used alot of it for naruto...
    yeah I read a thread about it here in the forums long time ago cant find it anymore well wasnt registered that time but the techniques from most of the naruto characters are similiar to the japanese mythology
     
         

  22. #22
    The Legendary C WET C WET's Avatar
    Status
    C WET is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Fortress of Solitude...
    Posts
    1,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    try and knock me down but i'm
    still standing, try and knock
    me down but i'm still here,
    you may fade away but i won't
    disapear and i'm not going
    anywhere.
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    yeah I read a thread about it here in the forums long time ago cant find it anymore well wasnt registered that time but the techniques from most of the naruto characters are similiar to the japanese mythology
    please enlighten me.. hahaha.. seriously i would like to know what moves or techniques are in the mythology and the story about them.. lol.. i like learning new stuff.
     
         

  23. #23
    Trinket's Avatar
    Status
    Trinket is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    bed
    Posts
    2,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    ★ the premium fairy xD
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    in fact this whole theory could be dead wrong.. =x
    No! I really think you're on to something here =] we all know how Kishi likes to use old Japanese legends and stuff - take the Kyuubi for example xD that's a really obvious one.
     
         

  24. #24
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jigoku
    Posts
    18,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your every move, I know
    your every thought. I'm there
    from your birth and I'll see
    how you rot. I am your shadow,
    you shall never be free. Do
    you know me?
     



    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    I had already searched and read about the japanese and budist mythologies. I read it to the end and re-read it but i still didn't get were you were going. You stated facts but i didn't see the theory part. Since english is not my language, can you perhaps explain in simpler terms lol whats the theory exactly?
     
         

  25. #25
    Outlaw Hero Goemon's Avatar
    Status
    Goemon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    God Realm
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You have to understand
    Pain,to accept Pain,to know
    Pain."
     

    Re: [Spoiler] Rinnegan/Sharingan + Jap Mythology

    Quote Originally Posted by C WET View Post
    please enlighten me.. hahaha.. seriously i would like to know what moves or techniques are in the mythology and the story about them.. lol.. i like learning new stuff.
    I really wish I could there was a really long thread about the other moonth with really good statements and facts that blew my head cant really tell ya all of them out of my head but that stuff really was good well we all know susanoo and amaterasu its from that thread thats why it reminded me of the mythology cant really enlighten you sorry bro need to find the thread and post a link here
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •