Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the memories I have are
    beautiful in my mind, but they
    don't feed the hunger deep
    inside my soul.

Re: Training with Perception

Thank you for taking the time to train me. Genkai stands patiently as she awaits the lesson ahead.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Quote Originally Posted by Perception View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to train me. Genkai stands patiently as she awaits the lesson ahead.
    It's wind btw. I forgot to add it in the title. >_> Now, let's start with the very basics. Please, in your own words, tell me what do you know about a ninja, chakra, ninjutsu and elements.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

Genkai draws from her limited experience to answer the question.

Ninja also known as shinobi are warriors that share an alliance with a single village and/or clan. An exception to this is are rouge ninja which normally carry no alliances. In a village system a ninja is tasked with performing missions. These missions when completed bring the village money and status. Their are a variety of mission types that are ranked in difficulty from D-S rank. The missions are distributed to ninja based on their classification in the village system (Genin,Chūnin,...etc). Mission goals are vast and can vary from simple tasks like catching a cat to being bodyguards, stealing from other ninja, and assassination missions. Ninja are distinguished from other warriors by their fighting abilities. In particular ninja fight by performing jutsu through the manipulation of chakra. This is different that other warrior classes such as samurai who rely mainly on their swords. Samurai can manipulate chakra but don't perform jutsu.

Chakra is a composition of energy. It is composed of physical, spiritual, and natural energy. All living beings have chakra that is composed of physical and spiritual energies. Physical energy is drawn from every cell in a persons body. Spiritual energy is drawn from a persons consciousness and controls the imagination. Both energies can be increased and honed through training. When natural energy is incorporated with a persons physical and spiritual energy Senjutsu chakra is formed. Chakra flows in a network throughout a persons body. In this network their are points that act as gateways for chakra release. By building up enough chakra in their body a person can release it through these chakra points. When this is done the chakra is on the outside of the body and can be harnessed for jutsu. The jutsu performed will depend on many factors some of which include the amount and type of chakra exerted and the shape manipulation of the chakra. When using chakra control is very important. Chakra control is needed to precisely mix and balance the energy needed for a jutsu. Bad chakra control leads to quick exhausting of energy and often times incomplete jutsu. Handsigns are used by ninja to gain better control of chakra for jutsu.

Ninjutsu are jutsu that are used to change the physical world. These abilities most of the time rely of chakra as a power source and vary greatly in type. Some ninjutsu abilities to name a few are nature transformations (converting normal chakra to elemental chakra), healing, space time travel, and the creation of shadow clones. Most ninjutsu with the exception of nature transformations are associated with specific clans.

Elements are used to define that which makes up nature. The 5 main elements are water, fire, earth, lightning, and wind. By using chakra a person has the ability to manipulate the elements. This is done by manipulating a persons normal chakra into elemental chakra. This process is known as nature transformation. Techniques that use elemental chakra are know as classified as elemental releases.

Suiton (Water Release) is the use of chakra to control water. Suiton techniques require the least amount of chakra control among the elements. This is due to waters free flowing nature. Suiton can be used to cause wide scale destruction through floods, bind enemies (water prison techniques), and liquefy body parts among many other things. Suiton is weak to Doton (Earth Release) techniques as due to it's inability to pass through earth. It is strong against Katon (Fire Release) as fire can be easily put out with water.

Katon is the release of heated chakra from the lungs to create flames. As far as chakra natures are concerned it is the least versatile in it's techniques. It is most suitable for destruction. Katon is weak against Fūton (Wind Release). Wind only enhances Katon techniques. As described above it is weak against Suiton.

Doton is the use of chakra to manipulate the earth. Doton is very versatile in its techniques. It can be used to create shields that are as hard as rock or deadly projectiles. It can also be used for concealment and transportation. All of this is done by changing the earths form into a desired state such as dirt, rock, or mud. Doton has the ability to block water. As stated above this makes Doton advantageous against Suiton. Doton is weak against Raiton (Lighting). This is because Ration techniques can easily break the earth apart.

Raiton channels lighting when a person vibrates their chakra with high frequency. This element requires the most chakra control to use. This is due to the quick and precise nature of lighting. Like many of the other releases it is suitable for destruction but can also be used for paralysis. Raiton is weak against Fūton since wind is a natural insulator of lighting. It is strong against Doton as described above.

Fūton uses wind chakra to control the wind. Chakra is converted into wind chakra by making as thin and sharp as possible. With Fūton one can control the speed and force of the wind. This can be used to push people by brute force or to block oncoming attacks. Fūton techniques can also be used to cut people with precision. The strength and weakness of Fūton has been described above.

All ninja have a natural affinity towards one element. This affinity make the manipulation of normal chakra to elemental chakra easier and with training second nature. Elements can be used in conjunction with each other to create differnt jutsu forms. For example Doton is the base for many powerful ninjutsu forms such as Yōton, Bakuton, and Mokuton.

Last edited by Perception; 09-17-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Genkai draws from her limited experience to answer the question.

Ninja also known as shinobi are warriors that share an alliance with a single village and/or clan. An exception to this is are rouge ninja which normally carry no alliances. In a village system a ninja is tasked with performing missions. These missions when completed bring the village money and status. Their are a variety of mission types that are ranked in difficulty from D-S rank. The missions are distributed to ninja based on their classification in the village system (Genin,Chūnin,...etc). Mission goals are vast and can vary from simple tasks like catching a cat to being bodyguards, stealing from other ninja, and assassination missions. Ninja are distinguished from other warriors by their fighting abilities. In particular ninja fight by performing jutsu through the manipulation of chakra. This is different that other warrior classes such as samurai who rely mainly on their swords. Samurai can manipulate chakra but don't perform jutsu.

Chakra is a composition of energy. It is composed of physical, spiritual, and natural energy. All living beings have chakra that is composed of physical and spiritual energies. Physical energy is drawn from every cell in a persons body. Spiritual energy is drawn from a persons consciousness and controls the imagination. Both energies can be increased and honed through training. When natural energy is incorporated with a persons physical and spiritual energy Senjutsu chakra is formed. Chakra flows in a network throughout a persons body. In this network their are points that act as gateways for chakra release. By building up enough chakra in their body a person can release it through these chakra points. When this is done the chakra is on the outside of the body and can be harnessed for jutsu. The jutsu performed will depend on many factors some of which include the amount and type of chakra exerted and the shape manipulation of the chakra. When using chakra control is very important. Chakra control is needed to precisely mix and balance the energy needed for a jutsu. Bad chakra control leads to quick exhausting of energy and often times incomplete jutsu. Handsigns are used by ninja to gain better control of chakra for jutsu.

Ninjutsu are jutsu that are used to change the physical world. These abilities most of the time rely of chakra as a power source and vary greatly in type. Some ninjutsu abilities to name a few are nature transformations (converting normal chakra to elemental chakra), healing, space time travel, and the creation of shadow clones. Most ninjutsu with the exception of nature transformations are associated with specific clans.

Elements are used to define that which makes up nature. The 5 main elements are water, fire, earth, lightning, and wind. By using chakra a person has the ability to manipulate the elements. This is done by manipulating a persons normal chakra into elemental chakra. This process is known as nature transformation. Techniques that use elemental chakra are know as classified as elemental releases.

Suiton (Water Release) is the use of chakra to control water. Suiton techniques require the least amount of chakra control among the elements. This is due to waters free flowing nature. Suiton can be used to cause wide scale destruction through floods, bind enemies (water prison techniques), and liquefy body parts among many other things. Suiton is weak to Doton (Earth Release) techniques as due to it's inability to pass through earth. It is strong against Katon (Fire Release) as fire can be easily put out with water.

Katon is the release of heated chakra from the lungs to create flames. As far as chakra natures are concerned it is the least versatile in it's techniques. It is most suitable for destruction. Katon is weak against Fūton (Wind Release). Wind only enhances Katon techniques. As described above it is weak against Suiton.

Doton is the use of chakra to manipulate the earth. Doton is very versatile in its techniques. It can be used to create shields that are as hard as rock or deadly projectiles. It can also be used for concealment and transportation. All of this is done by changing the earths form into a desired state such as dirt, rock, or mud. Doton has the ability to block water. As stated above this makes Doton advantageous against Suiton. Doton is weak against Raiton (Lighting). This is because Ration techniques can easily break the earth apart.

Raiton channels lighting when a person vibrates their chakra with high frequency. This element requires the most chakra control to use. This is due to the quick and precise nature of lighting. Like many of the other releases it is suitable for destruction but can also be used for paralysis. Raiton is weak against Fūton since wind is a natural insulator of lighting. It is strong against Doton as described above.

Fūton uses wind chakra to control the wind. Chakra is converted into wind chakra by making as thin and sharp as possible. With Fūton one can control the speed and force of the wind. This can be used to push people by brute force or to block oncoming attacks. Fūton techniques can also be used to cut people with precision. The strength and weakness of Fūton has been described above.

All ninja have a natural affinity towards one element. This affinity make the manipulation of normal chakra to elemental chakra easier and with training second nature. Elements can be used in conjunction with each other to create differnt jutsu forms. For example Doton is the base for many powerful ninjutsu forms such as Yōton, Bakuton, and Mokuton.
    Alright. You said everything very well, nothing to add. Now, the training method I'd like to use organizes jutsus by similarity which makes the training easier, because once you understand the method it's not hard to understand the whole group of jutsus. However, even after completing the basic method training, I will explain every technique in detail and make sure you understands it's uses as well as advantages and disadvantages. Do you agree to this type of training and do you have any questions?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

Yes, I agree with this training method. I'm curious to see how it works.

Last edited by Perception; 09-18-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Yes, I agree with this training method. I'm curious to see how it works.
    Good then. Hold this chakra paper and gather some chakra. Use nature transformation in order to turn it into wind chakra and channel it into your hands. If you're successful, the chakra paper should split as you hold it between your palms.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

Genkai takes hold of the paper between her hands. She then starts to build up chakra inside her body. In her mind
    she conceptualizes 2 surfaces shearing the chakra on both sides. Focusing on the mental image the chakra becomes thin and sharp. When the chakra is as thin as Genkai thinks it can be she releases it through chakra points in her hands. The paper rips 3/4 of the way through.

Genkai stares at her sensei and says, "I'll get it to completely rip next time".

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Genkai takes hold of the paper between her hands. She then starts to build up chakra inside her body. In her mind
    she conceptualizes 2 surfaces shearing the chakra on both sides. Focusing on the mental image the chakra becomes thin and sharp. When the chakra is as thin as Genkai thinks it can be she releases it through chakra points in her hands. The paper rips 3/4 of the way through.

Genkai stares at her sensei and says, "I'll get it to completely rip next time".
    Ok, let's see it. Add a few more words. Make the shred a piece of art. :P

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

Very well sensei.

Genkai takes note of her mistake of not building up enough wind chakra. Genkai takes a new sheet of paper between her palms. She builds up the chakra in her body as before. As she builds up the chakra she imagines 2 surfaces shearing against her chakra; like sharpening a sword. The chakra becomes sharper and thinner. Genkai builds up the chakra slightly longer than last time and releases it through chakra points in her hands. The paper fully rips apart. She holds up the two shreds of paper for her sensei to see.

You want art just watch.

Genkai takes the 2 shreds of paper and meticulously works them between her fingers. She then infuses the paper with her natural chakra color and grabs a few leaves.

Here you go sensei.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Very well sensei.

Genkai takes note of her mistake of not building up enough wind chakra. Genkai takes a new sheet of paper between her palms. She builds up the chakra in her body as before. As she builds up the chakra she imagines 2 surfaces shearing against her chakra; like sharpening a sword. The chakra becomes sharper and thinner. Genkai builds up the chakra slightly longer than last time and releases it through chakra points in her hands. The paper fully rips apart. She holds up the two shreds of paper for her sensei to see.

You want art just watch.

Genkai takes the 2 shreds of paper and meticulously works them between her fingers. She then infuses the paper with her natural chakra color and grabs a few leaves.

Here you go sensei.

Oh, that's just beautiful. Now, can you shield yourself? Immediately as I say this I throw a kunai at you.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

Genkai sees the kunai coming towards her. She could defend against it in a variety of different ways but decides to test out her manipulation of the wind. She focuses and builds up chakra in her body. Imagining shearing surfaces in her mind the chakra becomes sharp and thin and is converted to wind chakra. When the chakra builds to its peak she releases it through multiple chakra points. The chakra seeps into the wind surrounding her. The kunai get mid-range between Genkai and the sensei, and Genkai lifts her right arm and swings it forward across her body in one fluid motion. This motion causes the wind surrounding Genkai to move forward and sweep downwards from right to left (through Genkai's eyes). The wind meets the kunai head on and diverts it's travel path to the right (Again through Genkai's eyes) and downwards into the ground. The gust of wind is short but Genkai manages to defend herself.

The feeling of being one with the wind is quite exhilarating sensei.

Last edited by Perception; 09-21-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Genkai sees the kunai coming towards her. She could defend against it in a variety of different ways but decides to test out her manipulation of the wind. She focuses and builds up chakra in her body. Imagining shearing surfaces in her mind the chakra becomes sharp and thin and is converted to wind chakra. When the chakra builds to its peak she releases it through multiple chakra points. The chakra seeps into the wind surrounding her. The kunai get mid-range between Genkai and the sensei, and Genkai lifts her right arm and swings it forward across her body in one fluid motion. This motion causes the wind surrounding Genkai to move forward and sweep downwards from right to left (through Genkai's eyes). The wind meets the kunai head on and diverts it's travel path to the right (Again through Genkai's eyes) and downwards into the ground. The gust of wind is short but Genkai manages to defend herself.

The feeling of being one with the wind is quite exhilarating sensei.
    Ok, I see you can manipulate wind chakra now. What you just did was create a gust of wind, or also called a tangible blast. Now what do you think are the main problems with this method? Also what might be the advantages?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

I think the main problems with gusts of wind lies in it's duration and it's interaction with what it approaches. Wind is a style that is used in short-mid distance combat. Any weapon that has a paper or other tag would be activated by the wind. This would cause an explosion or other effect and the user of the wind jutsu could get caught in it. This would not be a good technique for defending against a fire jutsu. It would only strengthen the fire and the wind would have to be considerably stronger than the flame to put it out. Wind can only be controlled for a short time and as such it is not suitable to defend against all techniques. An example of this would be trying to defend against a tidal wave with a gust of wind. Chances are that a person can't generate the volume of wind needed and sustain it long enough to disperse the wave.

The main advantages of this approach also lies in interactions. This means that a gust of wind can't be broken or ripped apart like a physical object. A gust of wind would be well suited for blocking a lightning attack. The wind would conduct the lightning effectively cancelling the technique. A gust of wind can easily stop or divert most weapons since they are considerably smaller in size.

I did my best to describe situations where gusts of wind should and shouldn't be used. Perhaps you can elaborate more sensei.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

I think the main problems with gusts of wind lies in it's duration and it's interaction with what it approaches. Wind is a style that is used in short-mid distance combat. Any weapon that has a paper or other tag would be activated by the wind. This would cause an explosion or other effect and the user of the wind jutsu could get caught in it. This would not be a good technique for defending against a fire jutsu. It would only strengthen the fire and the wind would have to be considerably stronger than the flame to put it out. Wind can only be controlled for a short time and as such it is not suitable to defend against all techniques. An example of this would be trying to defend against a tidal wave with a gust of wind. Chances are that a person can't generate the volume of wind needed and sustain it long enough to disperse the wave.

The main advantages of this approach also lies in interactions. This means that a gust of wind can't be broken or ripped apart like a physical object. A gust of wind would be well suited for blocking a lightning attack. The wind would conduct the lightning effectively cancelling the technique. A gust of wind can easily stop or divert most weapons since they are considerably smaller in size.

I did my best to describe situations where gusts of wind should and shouldn't be used. Perhaps you can elaborate more sensei.
    Yes, it's good. You did mention some of the important pros and cons, however, I have a bit more about that topic.

Method 1: Tangible Blasts

Alright, for the most part, the techniques within this method consist of large and powerful gusts that you exhale from your mouth or release from another point of the body or simply out of thin air. These gusts contain a few essential properties. These wind techniques can either be long lasting, forceful gusts that have the ability to blow back various items and people/animals of various sizes. These powerful gusts apply a strong pressure in whatever direction release and, therefore any object that comes into contact will be forced back into the direction essentially. If in direct opposition (where one is coming in the direct opposite direction of the wind) or cornered against a wall or obstruction that prevents the flow, the pressure from the wind can have tremendous affects. The second type of skill these techniques may possess are blunt force; wind that is so compressed and refined that once it makes impact with the target it creates a blunt force, almost as if it was hit with a solid object. So techniques that create compact spheres will make impact in similar a way to a bullet or if the wind is spread out a little more like a wall, it could create the sensation of a solid wall impacting, etc. On that note there are distinct ways to casting the two different types of techniques in this section.

1) For Gusts: You'll gather your fuuton chakra through your body to the point of release and then you will release a steady, fast, and powerful gust of wind. You're gathering a fixed amount of chakra and then you're steadily releasing that chakra in the form of wind. You'll need to make sure it's fast and wide as the speed will give more momentum and force behind the technique.

2) For Blunt blasts: Think of projectiles. You'll gather a fixed amount of chakra like you would for any technique and then you would use shape manipulation to compact the wind into a compressed form like a ball, or whatever the technique entails. You'll then release the technique towards your opponent. The wind will be fast so it'll make impact quickly and once it does, it'll make a blunt impact almost like a solid.

Advantages to Method

To one extent, the long gusts, these technique aren’t necessarily the longest in range but many of them are definitely wide and the width of the technique is very crucial. These techniques essentially make it difficult to avoid when one is within length range of the techniques. These techniques can drag out and if not immediately defended, there is enough pressure to prevent your opponent reacting in the way they would want.

In reference to the blunt force blasts, these are where the real damaging factors of this method come in. These techniques are compressed and powerful and they almost simulate an actual solid object making impact. Small and medium sized weaponry or objects can be deflected, potential bone breaking/crushing can occur if hit with a considerably powerful technique. Disorientation, hesitation/inability to quickly rebound from a powerful strike, etc. Earth based techniques can be combatted with techniques like these.

Disadvantages to Method

As stated before, wind is a flowing entity and, even though it can produce powerful techniques, it is a yielding element in some degrees like water. What I mean by this is, for gusts especially, if a solid enough entity is used to defend, the wind cannot force its way through but it will go around. Earth based techniques are especially preferred when blocking wide gusts. The wind will simply move around the solid entity when it realizes it cannot force its way through. Unlike earth or other solid entities, when opposed, wind does not simply drop it diverts the energy around and continues to flow. As well that energy used to find an alternative route is energy lost by the overall technique.

For blunt force blasts, there is a completely different issue. Though fast as all wind techniques, these technique encompass a vastly diminished range with wise than with the gust based techniques of this method. This provides more room for opponents to avoid such techniques without necessarily needing a wide defense/counter. As well, the construction for techniques like this is to compress the wind in order to have it flow in a much tighter and compact space. Since this is indeed, not a solid entity, the wind will most likely disperse upon immediate impact. These are short lived techniques and generally shorter in range. Though these sudden dispersions can be explosive and cause damage, they still encompass a significantly smaller space.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

I see I think I understand. So the jutsu Wind Release: Great breakthrough would be an example of a large gust.

An example of a blunt force blast would be Danzo's Wind Release: Vacuum Sphere.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

I see I think I understand. So the jutsu Wind Release: Great breakthrough would be an example of a large gust.

An example of a blunt force blast would be Danzo's Wind Release: Vacuum Sphere.
    Yes, correct. Those are the examples of the method. Now let's start with the techniques.

(Fūton: Fūsajin no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Dust Wind Technique
    Type: Defence
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user creates a gust of wind that layers an area in loose sand and dust. Doing so also acts as a sandblaster on the surrounding area. This layer of sand that accumulates on the trees during this technique makes it difficult for others to get a good footing. The initial gust can also temporarily blind opponents by lodging sand in their eyes

Even though it mentions trees, they don't have to be there. You can use this jutsu, but that part of description is just because it was used and seen working in a forest. It's a great decoy technique and you can use it to take advantage of your opponent by blowing the sand into his eyes.

(Fūton: Kaze Ogawa no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Wind Stream Technique
    Type: Supplementary
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: This technique allows the user to change direction in mid-air at high speeds by simply blowing wind out their mouth. The user can also use this technique by blowing it at the ground and causing a dust cloud to rise, concealing the users location and movement.

Very useful technique. When facing something people don't know how to defend against, they almost always blow out wind or shot a gust to take them away from the reach of the technique. If they do so and you keep pressuring them, this is the technique you'll see second. It's good for maneuvering through the air but you can't go far with it.

(Fūton: Reppūshō) - Wind Release: Gale Palm
    Type:Attack/Supplementary
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: A simple technique that when the users hands are clapped together, wind is compressed and transformed into a powerful gale. This technique, when used as an isolated attack has the power to easily knock over a human. Though the true value comes from using it together with projectile weapons like shuriken or kunai. Their speed, power, and ability to wound or even kill are all increased several times.

Excellent technique. Trust me. You throw some weapons and you clap your hands creating a gust of wind that carries the weapons faster, increasing their speed and deadliness.

(Fūton: Gōkūhō) - Wind Release: Great Vacuum Cannon
    Type:Attack
    Range:Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost:15
    Damage Points:30
    Description: The users gathers his Fuuton chakra into the lungs to blow out a sphere of air at his target that can blow backwards the opponent and small objects around him.

Good defense technique even though it says it's for attacking. You can use it to blow away objects. You just disarmed your opponent and his weapon fell a few meters away. You can blow it even further and finish your opponent. Just an example. I'm sure you'll come up with better examples.

I'd like you to give me your opinion on these techniques. Tell me, how would you defend against these if they were used against you?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

Description: The user creates a gust of wind that layers an area in loose sand and dust. Doing so also acts as a sandblaster on the surrounding area. This layer of sand that accumulates on the trees during this technique makes it difficult for others to get a good footing. The initial gust can also temporarily blind opponents by lodging sand in their eyes
    As you said this is a good technique for creating a temporary decoy or to blind the opponent. If pulled off successfully if could be usual against sight kekkai genkai. To defend against I would most likely use an earth jutsu to produce a wall in front of me or a dome that surrounds me to shield against the sand. I could also use a higher rank wind jutsu that produces a more powerful gust to reverse the direction of the sand and blow it back at my opponent. If I used a fire jutsu to defend I would create a large scale fire that surrounds me and burns the sand upon contact.
    Description: This technique allows the user to change direction in mid-air at high speeds by simply blowing wind out their mouth. The user can also use this technique by blowing it at the ground and causing a dust cloud to rise, concealing the users location and movement.
    The jutsu is great for escaping jutsu you have no other defense against. I actually see this used a lot in the battle tests. You can't defend against it since it's an escape technique. However, this jutsu leaves the opponent open for attack since they are floating in the air. I could simply perform another jutsu and use it while their in the air or I could go to where they would land and manipulate the earth to form spikes or I could use a large scale jutsu (such as fire) they couldn't escape from.
    Description: A simple technique that when the users hands are clapped together, wind is compressed and transformed into a powerful gale. This technique, when used as an isolated attack has the power to easily knock over a human. Though the true value comes from using it together with projectile weapons like shuriken or kunai. Their speed, power, and ability to wound or even kill are all increased several times.
    Unlike other wind techniques if a person tries to counter this with another element they could set of paper bombs or other objects attached to the weapons. Since the gale/weapons are coming fast and the distance is short I think quick jutsu are the best defense. The jutsu should also be sturdy enough to take impact from blasts. I think earth jutsu are best situated to defend against this. I would perform an earth jutsu with minimal hand signs to block this attack. If I'm in the air then I would use a wind jutsu to change direction or intercept the blast. Intercepting the blast with a wind jutsu would be a last resort as I could get caught in the blast if the weapons go off.
    Description: The users gathers his Fuuton chakra into the lungs to blow out a sphere of air at his target that can blow backwards the opponent and small objects around him.
    As you said this is a good technique for defense. Since the sphere will travel away from your body it can be used to intercept weapons. For offense I would first blow the sphere of air at my target and before it hits use a fire jutsu to enhance its power. For defense I think their are a variety of jutsu that could stop this technique. Earth and water jutsu could be used to stop the wind provided the technique is at least the same rank. Evasive jutsu can also be used to avoid the sphere all together such as the Wind Stream Technique or (Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique.

Are their rules for spamming Wind Release: Wind Stream Technique? I could see someone easily trying to avoid the ground through repeated uses of this. Also, if a mid range wind technique is used to increase the speed weapons travel and those weapons have paper bombs on them, is their enough time to block the technique and escape the triggered blast?

Last edited by Perception; 09-25-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

As you said this is a good technique for creating a temporary decoy or to blind the opponent. If pulled off successfully if could be usual against sight kekkai genkai. To defend against I would most likely use an earth jutsu to produce a wall in front of me or a dome that surrounds me to shield against the sand. I could also use a higher rank wind jutsu that produces a more powerful gust to reverse the direction of the sand and blow it back at my opponent. If I used a fire jutsu to defend I would create a large scale fire that surrounds me and burns the sand upon contact.
    The jutsu is great for escaping jutsu you have no other defense against. I actually see this used a lot in the battle tests. You can't defend against it since it's an escape technique. However, this jutsu leaves the opponent open for attack since they are floating in the air. I could simply perform another jutsu and use it while their in the air or I could go to where they would land and manipulate the earth to form spikes or I could use a large scale jutsu (such as fire) they couldn't escape from.
    Unlike other wind techniques if a person tries to counter this with another element they could set of paper bombs or other objects attached to the weapons. Since the gale/weapons are coming fast and the distance is short I think quick jutsu are the best defense. The jutsu should also be sturdy enough to take impact from blasts. I think earth jutsu are best situated to defend against this. I would perform an earth jutsu with minimal hand signs to block this attack. If I'm in the air then I would use a wind jutsu to change direction or intercept the blast. Intercepting the blast with a wind jutsu would be a last resort as I could get caught in the blast if the weapons go off.
    As you said this is a good technique for defense. Since the sphere will travel away from your body it can be used to intercept weapons. For offense I would first blow the sphere of air at my target and before it hits use a fire jutsu to enhance its power. For defense I think their are a variety of jutsu that could stop this technique. Earth and water jutsu could be used to stop the wind provided the technique is at least the same rank. Evasive jutsu can also be used to avoid the sphere all together such as the Wind Stream Technique or (Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique.

Are their rules for spamming Wind Release: Wind Stream Technique? I could see someone easily trying to avoid the ground through repeated uses of this. Also, if a mid range wind technique is used to increase the speed weapons travel and those weapons have paper bombs on them, is their enough time to block the technique and escape the triggered blast?
    Magnificent analysis.

I don't think there are. You can always use some jutsus multiple times, but it's all about the time frame. If you wait for the best suited moment to execute your technique your opponent won't have time to react. However, if you make the spikes while he's 10m from landing, then he obviously can use the technique again and re-position.

Yeah, there's enough time. It's not like the wind techniques speed up the kunai to be difficult to track. You can still see them and react to them.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

Thank you. What you said makes sense. It all comes down to timing.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Thank you. What you said makes sense. It all comes down to timing.
    (Fūton: Mugen Sajin Daitoppa) - Wind Style: Infinte Sand Great Break Through
    Chakra Cost:20
    Damage Points:40
    Description: Originally Gaara's technique, for other characters the user will have to gather the dust or sand of the environment around him and then combine it with his elemental wind affinity. A large wind gust with dust or sand will get created capable to push away the opponent or medium sized objects.

Once again a dust/sand jutsu that is combined with wind. The wind is strong enough to push objects away from you. Even though it's labeled as attack, it works well as a defense.

(Fūton: Shinkūgyoku) – Wind Release: Vacuum Sphere
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short- Mid
    Chakra cost: 30
    Damage points: 60
    Description: After performing the necessary hand seals Rat → Rabbit → Dog, the user takes a deep breath and exhales several small blasts of wind chakra.in such a manner that they are dispersed over an expansive range, enough to make it difficult to avoid them entirely without taking any damage. Due to the properties of this technique, the expelled blasts are capable of piercing into and potentially through an opponent's flesh when they collide, in a similar manner to how bullets function.

This technique is good because you can aim and shoot, making it a wide technique. Also the "several" blasts gives you some room for adjusting to the situation. However, each blast is just a part of the original A rank technique, because they split evenly.

(Fūton: Fūjin no Jutsu) - Wind Release Dust Cloud Technique
    Range: Short - Long
    Description: After performing the Bird hand seal the user creates a stream of high velocity wind combined with scouring dust. The completed technique is directed through overlapping hands.

Do I even need to explain this one? 3rd time the same jutsu. The difference is that you release this one through your hands after performing the handseal.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

Description: Originally Gaara's technique, for other characters the user will have to gather the dust or sand of the environment around him and then combine it with his elemental wind affinity. A large wind gust with dust or sand will get created capable to push away the opponent or medium sized objects.

I think this is a great defense technique. I like that it's mid range so you can use it to defend against kunai with paper bombs without getting caught in the blast. As the description says it can be used for an attack but I like it better for defense. To defend against it at mid range I would use a fire jutsu to absorb the oxygen out of the incoming wind. I could also use a wind technique of the same rank and size to cancel out the technique. At short range I would create a earth dome or equivalent technique to avoid getting dust or sand in my eyes.

Description: After performing the necessary hand seals Rat → Rabbit → Dog, the user takes a deep breath and exhales several small blasts of wind chakra in such a manner that they are dispersed over an expansive range, enough to make it difficult to avoid them entirely without taking any damage. Due to the properties of this technique, the expelled blasts are capable of piercing into and potentially through an opponent's flesh when they collide, in a similar manner to how bullets function.

A great technique to follow with a series of jutsu. I would infuse fire chakra into the bullets increasing their potency. A down side is the hand seals which gives the opponent more time to react. The weakness of this technique is that it's a blunt force blast and thus disperses on contact. Therefore I would use elemental jutsu, kunai, and other techniques to contact the bullets and make them disperse before getting into short range where they are harder to dodge. If in short range I would use use a A or S rank earth jutsu to create something sturdy the bullets could not pierce.

Description: After performing the Bird hand seal the user creates a stream of high velocity wind combined with scouring dust. The completed technique is directed through overlapping hands.

The main advantage of this technique is it's range. This range will allow the jutsu to be used for attack anywhere on the battle field. I personally like this technique and thinks it's great for offense. Once again I would infuse fire chakra to make it more potent. To defend against it I would use an equivalent wind jutsu at long range. At mid range I would either use a wind jutsu or large scale earth or water jutsu to cancel the jutsu. At short range I would try to evade the attack via a wind or earth jutsu, or I would use a jutsu to redirect the wind. An example of redirecting the wind would be to raise the earth below my opponent making them higher than me.

I really like this training method because as you said similar techniques are learned together. You also get to learn jutsu from a variety of ranks and ranges.

Last edited by Perception; 09-26-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

I think this is a great defense technique. I like that it's mid range so you can use it to defend against kunai with paper bombs without getting caught in the blast. As the description says it can be used for an attack but I like it better for defense. To defend against it at mid range I would use a fire jutsu to absorb the oxygen out of the incoming wind. I could also use a wind technique of the same rank and size to cancel out the technique. At short range I would create a earth dome or equivalent technique to avoid getting dust or sand in my eyes.

Description: After performing the necessary hand seals Rat → Rabbit → Dog, the user takes a deep breath and exhales several small blasts of wind chakra in such a manner that they are dispersed over an expansive range, enough to make it difficult to avoid them entirely without taking any damage. Due to the properties of this technique, the expelled blasts are capable of piercing into and potentially through an opponent's flesh when they collide, in a similar manner to how bullets function.

A great technique to follow with a series of jutsu. I would infuse fire chakra into the bullets increasing their potency. A down side is the hand seals which gives the opponent more time to react. The weakness of this technique is that it's a blunt force blast and thus disperses on contact. Therefore I would use elemental jutsu, kunai, and other techniques to contact the bullets and make them disperse before getting into short range where they are harder to dodge. If in short range I would use use a A or S rank earth jutsu to create something sturdy the bullets could not pierce.

The main advantage of this technique is it's range. This range will allow the jutsu to be used for attack anywhere on the battle field. I personally like this technique and thinks it's great for offense. Once again I would infuse fire chakra to make it more potent. To defend against it I would use an equivalent wind jutsu at long range. At mid range I would either use a wind jutsu or large scale earth or water jutsu to cancel the jutsu. At short range I would try to evade the attack via a wind or earth jutsu, or I would use a jutsu to redirect the wind. An example of redirecting the wind would be to raise the earth below my opponent making them higher than me.

I really like this training method because as you said similar techniques are learned together. You also get to learn jutsu from a variety of ranks and ranges.
    Great thinking. You really think of the details and outside of the box and I like that. Well done.

Now, I want to address this: use a fire jutsu to absorb the oxygen out of the incoming wind

Well, this is debatable. I'll try to explain it. So fire is strong against wind because wind fuels the fire with oxygen which is responsible for burning. However, you must take into account the directions of the technique as well as the ranks. I'll type up a few scenarios.

Fire C rank > < Wind B rank - The fire is one rank lower and in the opposing direction. Because of the elemental advantage these jutsus are equal in strength and they would disperse each other without any leftovers.
    Fire B rank > < Wind B rank - The fire is now same rank as the wind but in opposing direction. Again, because of the elemental advantage the fire would overpower the wind and continue with half of its original power.
    Fire A rank > < Wind B rank - Now, this is the situation where something that you described would happen. This time the fire is much stronger than the wind, by 2 ranks, and this allows the fire to obliterate the wind and "absorb the wind/However, because the wind is 1/4 in strength of the fire, first you account the opposing force which weakens the fire on initial contact and then you add the absorption which would result in addition of those 1/4, resulting in an A rank as it was. No real power up.

Fire > > Wind - These have the same direction and in this situation the fire will always "absorb" the wind and become more powerful since there's no opposing force from the wind. The power will depend on the strength of both techniques where, for example, B+B will equal an A rank combo.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Great thinking. You really think of the details and outside of the box and I like that. Well done.

Now, I want to address this: use a fire jutsu to absorb the oxygen out of the incoming wind

Well, this is debatable. I'll try to explain it. So fire is strong against wind because wind fuels the fire with oxygen which is responsible for burning. However, you must take into account the directions of the technique as well as the ranks. I'll type up a few scenarios.

Fire C rank > < Wind B rank - The fire is one rank lower and in the opposing direction. Because of the elemental advantage these jutsus are equal in strength and they would disperse each other without any leftovers.
    Fire B rank > < Wind B rank - The fire is now same rank as the wind but in opposing direction. Again, because of the elemental advantage the fire would overpower the wind and continue with half of its original power.
    Fire A rank > < Wind B rank - Now, this is the situation where something that you described would happen. This time the fire is much stronger than the wind, by 2 ranks, and this allows the fire to obliterate the wind and "absorb the wind/However, because the wind is 1/4 in strength of the fire, first you account the opposing force which weakens the fire on initial contact and then you add the absorption which would result in addition of those 1/4, resulting in an A rank as it was. No real power up.

Fire > > Wind - These have the same direction and in this situation the fire will always "absorb" the wind and become more powerful since there's no opposing force from the wind. The power will depend on the strength of both techniques where, for example, B+B will equal an A rank combo.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    inside my soul.

Thank you. Through my limited experience training in the other elements I get the impression that wind techniques take the most thought to defend. This is because wind has a non-physical form and so much can be combined with it. You can't just get away with trying to OP wind.

I understood that explanation as it was very well written. Do fire based kekkai genkai have the same relationship with wind as far as rank and direction of collision are concerned? I would assume they would with the exception of Amaterasu which can burn anything.

Last edited by Perception; 09-29-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»