Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: saddest chapters in naruto/shippuden

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Dong180 View Post
    I cried when Asuma died. I felt what Shika was going through. LOL at people that started off with I didn't cry but...

If you didn't cry you didn't have to insert that lol. We get it your manly men who don't cry.
    Nothing in the series has made me cry but the closest thing was Minato and Kushina's death because of Madara's actions.

Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTDogg220 View Post
    Nothing in the series has made me cry but the closest thing was Minato and Kushina's death because of Madara's actions.
    Honestly, the anime's music can often be beautiful and evoke more emotion than reading manga, unless you have the OST's and play them while reading... Further, people can shed/not shed tears yet feel the same or another variation of the sadness, neither one is wrong as I don't think there is any. I miss Jiraiya, he reminds me of someone very close I lost at the same time, sans the pervy part, lol.

One of my favorite lines on a sad rainy day was at Hiruzen's funeral when it rained and Asuma commented, " Even the heavens weep..."

Sometimes, Kishi really knows how to write touching scenes and dialogue that penetrate and resonate inside any of us. This ability is what makes Naruto special to me and more than just a manga/anime at times.

Nice thread, been done before, but the posts have been really well composed. I'm really impressed by the people who've posted so far and likely will continue to do so..

Peace

Last edited by leafeater; 07-17-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.

Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post
    Yeah, I see what you're saying, nice insight. As well, Itachi expressed his love in a very subtle and counter intuitive way. Compared to the other characters, Itachi was a very stoic character in appearance even if not always in mind. However, Jiraiya, Kushina, and Hinata all were very open with their emotions in these scenes.

I suppose, that for Sasuke it having to be explained over chapters by the manipulative and deceitful Madara diluted Itachi's two finger forehead tap with a slight smile and the flashback blood tear from Itachi as he left Sasuke in Konoha also dampened the emotional valence.

Then there's the moral problem, which I already have mixed feelings on...

Peace
    Thanks. Itachi is my faviurite Uchiha and I try to see the clan from his angle to understand him.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post
    Honestly, the anime's music can often be beautiful and evoke more emotion than reading manga, unless you have the OST's and play them while reading... Further, people can shed/not shed tears yet feel the same or another variation of the sadness, neither one is wrong as I don't think there is any. I miss Jiraiya, he reminds me of someone very close I lost at the same time, sans the pervy part, lol.

One of my favorite lines on a sad rainy day was at Hiruzen's funeral when it rained and Asuma commented, " Even the heavens weep..."

Sometimes, Kishi really knows how to write touching scenes and dialogue that penetrate and resonate inside any of us. This ability is what makes Naruto special to me and more than just a manga/anime at times.

Nice thread, been done before, but the posts have been really well composed. I'm really impressed by the people who've posted so far and likely will continue to do so..

Peace
    thank u i didnt think i was gonna get this many response from u guys lol but u guys brought back allot of sad memories from naruto/shippuden like the death of gaara was sad

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "shapeless, formless, be
    water my friend."

Sarutobi`s flashbacks before being slaughtered
    Death of Jiraiya
    Death of OrochimaruÇ(mixed with anger and confussion)

Page 2 of 2 « First 12