Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    chillin

Kishi's Recent Pattern....What does it say about his story?

Hey everyone. First off, I want to say that I thought about posting this thread for about a month now but wanted to give it more time to better back up my theory. Have you guys noticed a pattern in how Kishi has released his manga chapters in the past 2-3 months? I know it sounds simple to do, but Kishi has been on the ball recently. Specifically I mean he has released the chapter every Wednesday, very early in the morning. I mean don't you guys remember when Naruto's regular release time was Wed night? I mean Naruto never used to come out before bleach, and I mean NEVER, but for the past 8-12 weeks or so it has come out before it, very consistently.

When focusing on the start of the war, remember how inconsistent Kishi was? Some weeks, I'd approximate every other week and occasionally multiple weeks in a row, the manga would not only be late, but VERY late. Remember on at least one occasion it didn't come out till Friday midday??? I mean that was terrible, absolutely horrid. The norm became Thursday morning for quite some time rather than Wednesday night. It was only very recently, the last 2-3 months, that the chapters have been coming out early Wednesday morning.

Okay, now for my theory on this whole thing..... Do you guys think Kishi finally has things figured out? I mean he seemed to be floundering about for quite a lot of time there but now seems back on track. We all know that the mark of a great author is that early on they have the basic story established, know how its going to end and have good ideas for the middle, but not all of it. Do you guys think Kishi is finally over the hump and has figured out the woodwork of everything in-between? I mean I'm not implying that I think the Manga will end in 50 chapters but perhaps it has 200 chapters left and Kishi now knows exactly where he's going with it?

What do you guys think? Was some of the botched sections of the war a result of Kishi being a little unsure about the connective tissue, if you will, of his huge war? I'm curious what NB thinks of this theory.

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Kishi's Recent Pattern....What does it say about his story?

My thing is, I'm just happy I get to read the manga. Typically I don't read it until I come home from work or school anyway. By the time I check mangastream, it's always there.

I think you're reading too much into this. Apologies for rudeness.

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked in the mirror and
    realized I had something to
    prove.

he must have the beginning and ending figured out. as a writer(amateur of course) myself, i realized if you dont have at least the ending figured out youre gonna probably mess up and have to reboot. if i noticed this then kishi must have noticed it

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i think it will end up soon

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i think there is something to what you said i been reading the manga for several years(back when Friday WAS the normal release day) i we've all seen naruto come from hate by all to loved/respected by many. I hate to admit it but i could easily see the manga ending after the war arc. Kishi might draw it out and have an another arc dedicated to the final villan (Personally i'm thinking he might do a kabutomaru arc cause im alomst 80% sure he gonna betray madara) but as far as power and goals there isn't much room to grow just hokage and gaining 100% control over kyubi

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    chillin

Quote Originally Posted by rakurai uzumaki View Post
    he must have the beginning and ending figured out. as a writer(amateur of course) myself, i realized if you dont have at least the ending figured out youre gonna probably mess up and have to reboot. if i noticed this then kishi must have noticed it
    I completely agree, I directly stated that in my post. i think Kishi has had the ending figured out from the beginning along with a large percentage of the characters he wanted to introduce and their unique personalities. I just feel that he was playing the first section of the war by ear and that's why most of us thought it was below par.

Quote Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi44 View Post
    My thing is, I'm just happy I get to read the manga. Typically I don't read it until I come home from work or school anyway. By the time I check mangastream, it's always there.

I think you're reading too much into this. Apologies for rudeness.
    Well not the first response I expected, but I understand you position 100%. This past school year I had so much to do that sometimes I wouldn't read the manga until the monday after it was released. But now that school is out for the summer, and considering I only work afternoons/nights, I have begun to notice a very distinct pattern emerging. Again, I get where you are coming from but I really do think there is a significance here.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

xD the chapters are coming out in the morning because
    1- Its Summer
    2- Now the scanning team and uploaders have time to get to it

The chapter themselves come out on Mondays, someone scans them, translates them(actually its a team), then uploads it to the web, technically, we're all reading illegally, thats why Onemanga was shut down, it has nothing to do with Kishi, he just delivers on time for Shohen Jump to release on Mondays in Japan.

The dates we get our online chapters depends on the Scanalation team from magastream, or w/e other site posts the chapters

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well when kishi droped manga today i was suprised and made me think that kishi is very condident on what he is doing maybe in the start of war arc it was everything a mess now he have settle down everything and he has everything clear in his mind :D

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ding ding dong

I remember when the manga came only friday...

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think he had it all planned out up to Itachi's death, the truth about Itachi, Madara and Madara's history and the fight with Pain. Since then, it's like a fan fiction (excluding fights that directly involve Madara and Sasuke). It's like Kishi sat around and geeked out thinking about Gaara fighting his dad, the new kage fighting the old kage and figured it'd be a good way to fill in the rest up to the main story line: the Naruto and Sasuke bond.

The series started out with foreshadowing at every turn and constant symbolism, hallmarks of good writing. Those things have faded in favor of front page fights. Though the fights have suffered as well, none of them seem to be half as detailed or long. He's using the 4th great ninja war as a means to put Naruto and Sasuke against each other, make Naruto Hokage, and finish the series. It's not really part of the main storyline and lacks the same care. I haven't really loved the series since the before Kage summit.

Last edited by Ghostofthewind; 07-21-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i agree

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I haven't really thought about but I agree.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    chillin

Quote Originally Posted by D3A View Post
    1- Its Summer

The chapter themselves come out on Mondays, someone scans them, translates them(actually its a team), then uploads it to the web, technically, we're all reading illegally, thats why Onemanga was shut down, it has nothing to do with Kishi, he just delivers on time for Shohen Jump to release on Mondays in Japan.

The dates we get our online chapters depends on the Scanalation team from magastream, or w/e other site posts the chapters
    Oh okay . While that makes sense, I got to say that at the very least it was coincidental that right around the time the chapters started coming in more consistently, the manga in general spiked back up in overall quality.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by D3A View Post
    1- Its Summer

I agree.
    Moreover, the fact that at the start of the war, the chapters were a bit delayed was perhaps to some issues, like the Japan Tri-Disaster.

And I agree with what you said that the story translates better when the writer knows where to go at it but for me, the reason that the recent chapters were really good, is because of Naruto.
    Since Kishi re-put Naruto in the war, it has a better flow going on. Perhaps, he was unhappy about not having any main char. in the war,

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think there's also something to do with the anime. Notice that they are adding fillers in much differently than before. The fillers now actually mean something rather than a completely separate arc. This began since the Utakata (4 tail...or 5,6 tails? i forgot..) arc.
    Kishi could be adding (or forced into adding) more gaps in the manga for the anime to expand upon, that's why it has been more difficult since the beginning of the Ninja War arc. That's my thought.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

maeby he wants to become stronger than the sop6

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Floydical View Post
    Oh okay . While that makes sense, I got to say that at the very least it was coincidental that right around the time the chapters started coming in more consistently, the manga in general spiked back up in overall quality.
    IKR I noticed that too

Quote Originally Posted by kcy0 View Post
    I think there's also something to do with the anime. Notice that they are adding fillers in much differently than before. The fillers now actually mean something rather than a completely separate arc. This began since the Utakata (4 tail...or 5,6 tails? i forgot..) arc.
    Kishi could be adding (or forced into adding) more gaps in the manga for the anime to expand upon, that's why it has been more difficult since the beginning of the Ninja War arc. That's my thought.
    I'd rather funny filler scenes than shitty filler arcs anytime