Page 30 of 38 « First ... 20262728293031323334 ... Last»
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above the law.

Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    Yeah that's it. Thank god that I haven't fought him using the Killzone technique then. I'm willing to bet that Izuna is the reason why mods vehemently refuse to approve anything that even references being close to the Gates in speed.
    I remember Bisha using like FTG to teleport in front of ali i think it was while already going at like 700mph on that damn bird. Scariest crap in the world.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somedays, I simply want to
    kill all of you

Yeah that's it. Thank god that I haven't fought him using the Killzone technique then. I'm willing to bet that Izuna is the reason why mods vehemently refuse to approve anything that even references being close to the Gates in speed.
    I second this

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    On My Worst Behavior...

LMAO! Ikr? I literally used to read his fights and lol'd at how he made FTG look like a baby crawling (not literally but still xD)

Status
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    saraisthebest! #henrikisevil

I think you'd be surprised to know that he actually wasn't the main reason for that

The good old days of epic OP battles
    I wonder if anyone could survive Apollo's World of Grief

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by RokuNR View Post
    I think you'd be surprised to know that he actually wasn't the main reason for that

The good old days of epic OP battles
    I wonder if anyone could survive Apollo's World of Grief
    Then what was? Just too many techniques referencing the gates I guess?

FU! That technique too. My first and only fight against you, and I'm still hesitant to challenge you again for fear of facing that.

Status
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    saraisthebest! #henrikisevil

Then what was? Just too many techniques referencing the gates I guess?

FU! That technique too. My first and only fight against you, and I'm still hesitant to challenge you again for fear of facing that.
    Pretty sure that was your second fight. I didn't use it during our first battle (back when your name wasn't Riku.. )
    I miss using Music Arts on people T_T

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Old men reminiscing about the old days.
    But this is a fun read, keep going guys.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by RokuNR View Post
    Pretty sure that was your second fight. I didn't use it during our first battle (back when your name wasn't Riku.. )
    I miss using Music Arts on people T_T
    You sir, still owe me a fight <_<

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Chelsea u-u

Quote Originally Posted by The Pervy Sage View Post
    You sir, still owe me a fight <_<
    And I challenge the winner
    The suicidal one returns

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think I would've fit perfectly as an old RP'er.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninja Fool Learn It!

The most memorable fight I had was when I fought UchIhaSasuke (if I spelled his username right).......it was an epic battle, I even put my body on the line just for the victory. Took a Kirin through my shoulder just so I could beat him in the long run by freezing the veins next to his hearts (because he checked over me, to see if he killed me )

Back then us old timers would put our bodies on the line in nearly every fight just to make it more epic, nowwa days most rookies are too afraid to get in close combat with us seeing as we can either pummel them with hand to hand combat, or surprise them with powerful close range abilities

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Infesting Kirigakure with
    Voles

Quote Originally Posted by Zanji View Post
    The most memorable fight I had was when I fought UchIhaSasuke (if I spelled his username right).......it was an epic battle, I even put my body on the line just for the victory. Took a Kirin through my shoulder just so I could beat him in the long run by freezing the veins next to his hearts (because he checked over me, to see if he killed me )

Back then us old timers would put our bodies on the line in nearly every fight just to make it more epic, nowwa days most rookies are too afraid to get in close combat with us seeing as we can either pummel them with hand to hand combat, or surprise them with powerful close range abilities
    Im not afraid to head in close range but the problem is im a Sensory nin and im bent for Mid-Long range combat.But ill still head full on to kick ass

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Well you said most not all so won´t argue but if i know something will kill me, i will stay out of it, were you 100% sure you could die from that kirin when you chose to put yourself on the line? Most probably not. Also, most of us don´t have the arsenal to make longterm plans as you oldies did...we´d all fall short and i mean short when it comes to facing you guys.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninja Fool Learn It!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Yubel~ View Post
    Well you said most not all so won´t argue but if i know something will kill me, i will stay out of it, were you 100% sure you could die from that kirin when you chose to put yourself on the line? Most probably not. Also, most of us don´t have the arsenal to make longterm plans as you oldies did...we´d all fall short and i mean short when it comes to facing you guys.
    lol actually I figured with the way I positioned myself and the fact that I was in mid air I had at least a 75% chance of surviving such an attack luckily he got to arrogant and cocky in the fact that he thought he did kill me he fell for my trap.

lol it doesn't matter what kind of arsenal you have in the long run with my Mu bio I rarely used customs to fight with I used all cannon's, you just have to be strategic and tactical with what you do

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

lol actually I figured with the way I positioned myself and the fact that I was in mid air I had at least a 75% chance of surviving such an attack luckily he got to arrogant and cocky in the fact that he thought he did kill me he fell for my trap.

lol it doesn't matter what kind of arsenal you have in the long run with my Mu bio I rarely used customs to fight with I used all cannon's, you just have to be strategic and tactical with what you do
    I completely shut down your Mu bio xD One of the more fun fights.. at the end of the fight, I was just setting up for Xylon to jump in with his FTG, and I was setting a trap for him

Probably wouldn't stand a chance if you were to use your Ice bio with your customs thought

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Hey, just wondering out of you oldies, there was no one who specialized in barriers were they?

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninja Fool Learn It!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Yubel~ View Post
    Hey, just wondering out of you oldies, there was no one who specialized in barriers were they?
    Nope, not that I can recall, didn't really see a need in barriers and back then there weren't many "barrier" techniques, so nobody really specialized in barriers.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Nope, not that I can recall, didn't really see a need in barriers and back then there weren't many "barrier" techniques, so nobody really specialized in barriers.
    I see..

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    whipping tail and taking
    names!

soon i'll be updated in this thread then you will fear my username.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

At zanji I am a Dan of close range nonjutsu it combines taijutsuu with ninjutsu and more fun to counter a jutsu directly infrobt of you awhile being able to hit your enemy in hand to hand also it fits my haku.bios one handed seals

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    I'd say we're even in the Element, we have an equal understanding of the Element and have basically all the same Customs for it.
    We're not, i'm better at using storm techniques than anyone

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diamond In The Dirt.

To be honest most time i hear about storm on naruto base darui name usually comes up so i think he must be good at it to say the least, though i dont think arrogance and bragging would make me believe it more .After having studied and examined all the evidence[Joke] i think a major difference between the old role players and fathers of rp and this current one skill aside is their customs lol which are over powered and over bad ass i don't think now any gates variations are accepted and if they are it would be restricted but then you have technique which got approved given the user speed of the 3rd gate and more. Also in the battle test, in the old days to take a nagato test you would only be fighting one person and proof of this is when crutch too his nagato test which was conducted my izuna , who used only izuna with Ms i think ,however now you have naruto with sage mode and nine tails mode and itachi with ms thus the test difficulty level is increased.Though i wish i registered back then lol when things were not that hard and they role play had real passion and talent in it nothing compared to today.

Last edited by Thunderbolt; 08-15-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Darui.. View Post
    We're not, i'm better at using storm techniques than anyone
    tiny bit arrogant, but probably true

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    To be honest most time i hear about storm on naruto base darui name usually comes up so i think he must be good at it to say the least, though i dont think arrogance and bragging would make me believe it more .After having studied and examined all the evidence[Joke] i think a major difference between the old role players and fathers of rp and this current one skill aside is their customs lol which are over powered and over bad ass i don't think now any gates variations are accepted and if they are it would be restricted but then you have technique which got approved given the user speed of the 3rd gate and more. Also in the battle test, in the old days to take a nagato test you would only be fighting one person and proof of this is when crutch too his nagato test which was conducted my izuna , who used only izuna with Ms i think ,however now you have naruto with sage mode and nine tails mode and itachi with ms thus the test difficulty level is increased.Though i wish i registered back then lol when things were not that hard and they role play had real passion and talent in it nothing compared to today.
    Yeah, you wish lol...but taking off some of these heavy restrictions would do wonders for this rp.
    People lose interest fast these days and i see the potential this rp has with few adjustments which is why i haven´t given up yet.:D

Last edited by ~Yubel~; 08-15-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    For one, it's not just the customs that separates most of the old-gen members from new gen. Even members like Izuna, Roku, Zanji, etc. who have ridiculous customs could still easily handle more than most of the current RPers without using their customs.

Second, you don't seriously think that the tests are now harder than they were back then, do you? Because they weren't. You're only telling half of the story by saying that you only fight one person. The other half is that that one person is the bio that you want to have while you're using a normal, customless bio. While that may be easy for Oonoki (who wasn't around then anyway btw), good luck fighting against a Nagato bio without access to anything really all that powerful. I'd much rather fight as Nagato against two people who he can easily handle against a tester who is actually trying to give you some leeway to show yours skill as opposed to fight against an experienced member using a Nagato bio who on the first turn goes all out to try and kill you. That's the main thing that makes the tests harder back then than they are now. The tester was seriously just going for the one move KO every turn. The Crutch using Nagato against Izuna with MS wasn't in the "old days" lol, that was. That was like a year ago when they were first trying to change the testing system if I remember. The actual old tests, like two years and before, were ridiculous. Not to mention the written test questions that barely even made any sense. ~_~