Page 31 of 38 « First ... 21272829303132333435 ... Last»
Results 751 to 775 of 927
  1. #751
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    For one, it's not just the customs that separates most of the old-gen members from new gen. Even members like Izuna, Roku, Zanji, etc. who have ridiculous customs could still easily handle more than most of the current RPers without using their customs.

    Second, you don't seriously think that the tests are now harder than they were back then, do you? Because they weren't. You're only telling half of the story by saying that you only fight one person. The other half is that that one person is the bio that you want to have while you're using a normal, customless bio. While that may be easy for Oonoki (who wasn't around then anyway btw), good luck fighting against a Nagato bio without access to anything really all that powerful. I'd much rather fight as Nagato against two people who he can easily handle against a tester who is actually trying to give you some leeway to show yours skill as opposed to fight against an experienced member using a Nagato bio who on the first turn goes all out to try and kill you. That's the main thing that makes the tests harder back then than they are now. The tester was seriously just going for the one move KO every turn. The Crutch using Nagato against Izuna with MS wasn't in the "old days" lol, that was. That was like a year ago when they were first trying to change the testing system if I remember. The actual old tests, like two years and before, were ridiculous. Not to mention the written test questions that barely even made any sense. ~_~
    Don´t agree with that, power aside, skill and talent is something any newbie can have + you don´t know too much about the current gen to make that claim. When we come back to the basics, suddently the game changes, it´s all about how you think and use your techniques, like a game of chess and people like the ones you mentioned are most probably very used to their customs and op techniques that most their fights don´t require much strategy or planning so when we go back to the basics in a situation like that logically they´d be at disadvantage, now i haven´t seen much of Izuna, Roku and Zanji so i won´t say your wrong but you shouldn´t underestimate the current gen.
     
         
    Last edited by ~Yubel~; 08-15-2012 at 06:00 PM.

  2. #752
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Yubel~ View Post
    Don´t agree with that, power aside, skill and talent is something any newbie can have + you don´t know too much about the current gen to make that claim. When we come back to the basics, suddently the game changes, it´s all about how you think and use your techniques, like a game of chess and people like the ones you mentioned are most probably very used to their customs and op techniques that most their fights don´t require much thought i haven´t seen much of Izuna, Roku and Zanji so i won´t say your wrong but you shouldn´t underestimate the current gen.
    And on what basis, exactly, do you say that I don't know enough about the current generation to make that claim? O.o I've read plenty of fights, seen the general amount of the RP as it is currently. Yes, there are a lot of new generation members who stand out, and no I'm not saying that all of the old generation members can pwn all of the new generation members. And the rest of your post really has little to do with what I said to be honest lol. And based on what you said in the last few sentences about how they just depended on customs and didn't require much thought, I can tell that you know very little about many old generation members. I didn't underestimate the current gen; you seem to have read my post as using generalizing statements saying that the old members blow the new members out of the water.
     
         

  3. #753
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    And on what basis, exactly, do you say that I don't know enough about the current generation to make that claim? O.o I've read plenty of fights, seen the general amount of the RP as it is currently. Yes, there are a lot of new generation members who stand out, and no I'm not saying that all of the old generation members can pwn all of the new generation members. And the rest of your post really has little to do with what I said to be honest lol. And based on what you said in the last few sentences about how they just depended on customs and didn't require much thought, I can tell that you know very little about many old generation members. I didn't underestimate the current gen; you seem to have read my post as using generalizing statements saying that the old members blow the new members out of the water.
    For one, i know your an old member who´s been back for a couple of months, regained sensei position not too long ago and this summer has not been so active rp wise.
    Also, the rest of my post was putting things into perspective from an objective stand-point which i hoped you would understand.
    Told you already i don´t know much about old gen but that they could "easily beat more then most of the current gen without customs"? Don´t think so.
     
         

  4. #754
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Yubel~ View Post
    For one, i know your an old member who´s been back for a couple of months, regained sensei position not too long ago and this summer has not been so active rp wise.
    Also, the rest of my post was putting things into perspective from an objective stand-point which i hoped you would understand.
    Told you already i don´t know much about old gen but that they could "easily beat more then most of the current gen without customs"? Don´t think so.
    I'm pretty sure that a couple of months (been back since May more or less) is more than enough time to know what's going on. O.o Barely takes a week or two actually. And for the record, I was only inactive for a few months in the first place so yeah... not really much of a basis for your statement.

    Yeah, I understood the rest of your post, but it simply wasn't very relevant to what I said. The whole "customs aren't everything and skill isn't important" part didn't really have anything to do with... anything; I never said anything that would have been in disagreement with that.

    I still didn't say that all of the old gen could do that to all of the new gen, I'm specifically talking about the more or less, hum, top of the old gen. But I suppose it's a matter of opinion.
     
         

  5. #755
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    I'm pretty sure that a couple of months (been back since May more or less) is more than enough time to know what's going on. O.o Barely takes a week or two actually. And for the record, I was only inactive for a few months in the first place so yeah... not really much of a basis for your statement.

    Yeah, I understood the rest of your post, but it simply wasn't very relevant to what I said. The whole "customs aren't everything and skill isn't important" part didn't really have anything to do with... anything; I never said anything that would have been in disagreement with that.

    I still didn't say that all of the old gen could do that to all of the new gen, I'm specifically talking about the more or less, hum, top of the old gen. But I suppose it's a matter of opinion.
    Well as i said, rp has not been too active this summer(wasn´t refering to you in that post).
    It was relevant and i never said anything of the like "customs aren´t everything etc" read again because you say you understand but you don´t lol.
    I was talking about "them" aswell and that is your opinion, let´s agree to disagree.
     
         

  6. #756
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Yubel~ View Post
    Well as i said, rp has not been too active this summer(wasn´t refering to you in that post).
    It was relevant and i never said anything of the like "customs aren´t everything etc" read again because you say you understand but you don´t lol.
    I was talking about "them" aswell, let´s agree to disagree.
    "When we come back to the basics, suddently the game changes, it´s all about how you think and use your techniques, like a game of chess and people like the ones you mentioned are most probably very used to their customs and op techniques that most their fights don´t require much strategy or planning so when we go back to the basics in a situation like that logically they´d be at disadvantage"

    ^ This is the part that I'm talking about. Basically what this boils down is saying that when you remove customs and just have normal techniques, it's a game of strategy. A game that the old gen members would be at a disadvantage at. If that's not what you were saying then this is badly worded. In other words basically saying that customs aren't everything and that strategy is what matters and hence my statement (the one that you underlined) is wrong, right? That's the part that I'm saying is rather irrelevant. Mainly because it's not like you really said anything there that wasn't already known and that really... hm... argued against anything that I said.
     
         

  7. #757
    Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Status
    Thunderbolt is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    8,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diamond In The Dirt.
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    I agree with you up to some extent , but in my opinion for what ever it is worth ,customs aside any average role player would have a better chance of fighting you guys and maybe just maybe can win though that is some discussion for another day. I belive and would like to say that role playing back then was much more easy than today in several aspects such as training , jutsu, and power ups. There is a theory which I would say which is the smaller the community the more satisfied role players are ,while the bigger the more unsatisfied they are, I have talked with many old members who admitted that the rules there were not as tough as now for example back then the restrictions on custom marks were few or non existent[2008-2009] why do you think most of the old members have eight gates ,sage modes, jinchuriki bios or 3t sharingan where as very few new gen members who have stayed more than a year on the site do not there is a saying give a man a block and he makes a house so I feel this is the basis on the role playing system and how it grew.
     
         

  8. #758
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    I agree with you up to some extent , but in my opinion for what ever it is worth ,customs aside any average role player would have a better chance of fighting you guys and maybe just maybe can win though that is some discussion for another day. I belive and would like to say that role playing back then was much more easy than today in several aspects such as training , jutsu, and power ups. There is a theory which I would say which is the smaller the community the more satisfied role players are ,while the bigger the more unsatisfied they are, I have talked with many old members who admitted that the rules there were not as tough as now for example back then the restrictions on custom marks were few or non existent[2008-2009] why do you think most of the old members have eight gates ,sage modes, jinchuriki bios or 3t sharingan where as very few new gen members who have stayed more than a year on the site do not there is a saying give a man a block and he makes a house so I feel this is the basis on the role playing system and how it grew.
    Agreed with it being easier in terms of getting customs and SOME powerups (it was kind of like, if you were someone's friend you would be more likely to get this so it was easy for some people I suppose), but training was pretty much the same as it is now. There were less members but senseis were more likely to just not train you because they didn't feel like it. So again, it depended on whether or not you were good friends with senseis or not how quickly you got training.
     
         

  9. #759
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    "When we come back to the basics, suddently the game changes, it´s all about how you think and use your techniques, like a game of chess and people like the ones you mentioned are most probably very used to their customs and op techniques that most their fights don´t require much strategy or planning so when we go back to the basics in a situation like that logically they´d be at disadvantage"

    ^ This is the part that I'm talking about. Basically what this boils down is saying that when you remove customs and just have normal techniques, it's a game of strategy. A game that the old gen members would be at a disadvantage at. If that's not what you were saying then this is badly worded. In other words basically saying that customs aren't everything and that strategy is what matters and hence my statement (the one that you underlined) is wrong, right? That's the part that I'm saying is rather irrelevant. Mainly because it's not like you really said anything there that wasn't already known and that really... hm... argued against anything that I said.
    Yes but you´re just confusing things, you interpreted what i said as "customs aren´t everything and strategy is what matters" but customs was never in the equation in the first place, thats the whole point of this talk.
    You made an assumption out of nowhere and forgot what we were even talking about, lol.
    But yeah, that right there makes all the difference and how i see it.
    In this situation, customs aren´t apart of the subject but you´re right about strategy being an important thing which according to me will be a little hard to adapt to if you´re one who fights in terms of more power but that is the assumption i made, i´m not saying i´m right but that´s how i see it.
    This is pointless, as i said let´s agree to disagree.
     
         

  10. #760
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Yubel~ View Post
    Yes but you´re just confusing things, you interpreted what i said as "customs aren´t everything and strategy is what matters" but customs was never in the equation in the first place, thats the whole point of this talk.
    You made an assumption out of nowhere and forgot what we were even talking about, lol.
    But yeah, that right there makes all the difference and how i see it.
    In this situation, customs aren´t apart of the subject but you´re right about strategy being an important thing which according to me will be a little hard to adapt to if you´re one who fights in terms of more power but that is the assumption i made, i´m not saying i´m right but that´s how i see it.
    This is pointless, as i said let´s agree to disagree.
    , just for the record, the reason why I surmised your statement like that ("customs aren't everything") was because I assumed you knew what part I was talking about so I didn't have to reiterate everything that you said. But whatever, ya kinda blew this part of the conversation out of proportion. And yeah, agree to disagree lol. Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying but... you would have to see some of those members actually battle to really know what I mean.
     
         

  11. #761
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    , just for the record, the reason why I surmised your statement like that ("customs aren't everything") was because I assumed you knew what part I was talking about so I didn't have to reiterate everything that you said. But whatever, ya kinda blew this part of the conversation out of proportion. And yeah, agree to disagree lol. Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying but... you would have to see some of those members actually battle to really know what I mean.
    , you´re the one who ruined this conversation with your statement which you assumed about my post and i suppose i will soon, see them battle.
     
         

  12. #762
    Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Status
    Thunderbolt is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    8,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diamond In The Dirt.
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    Agreed with it being easier in terms of getting customs and SOME powerups (it was kind of like, if you were someone's friend you would be more likely to get this so it was easy for some people I suppose), but training was pretty much the same as it is now. There were less members but senseis were more likely to just not train you because they didn't feel like it. So again, it depended on whether or not you were good friends with senseis or not how quickly you got training.
    Agreed .In my opinion having over powered jutsu in our rp for now is very hard back then forbidden rank weapons were allowed, variations of sage mode and curse marks and gates rip off however in naruto base rp today that isn't allowed and rasengan variations and jutsu that make you get the speed of the gates are not allowed. I also think friendship in the role play system could lead to its failure and destruction , on several occasion sensei claim to be busy and can not train ,mean while they train their close friends and make them personal students , oh how i wish registered in april 2008 then i might have been a moderator, sensei and have overpowered jutsu. Men can only dream .Role playing is common sense and is like a game of chess like riku said make it equal and take all the customs away and its even and all square with noobs or old rpers.
     
         

  13. #763
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    I had typed up a long message but then deleted it because things are what they are. People are going to think what they think and I doubt a blurb by me is going to change thier minds. I dont believe my customs are any more powerfull than most other member's customs. The only difference I see between old generation and new generation is experience. The only reason why us older generation guys MAY have an advantage over a newer generation guy is because we've been exposed to more situations than some of the newer people. That being said, I'm sure there are people who have been here less than a year that have been in more battles than I.
     
         

  14. #764
    -Haku Yuki-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Haku Yuki- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Konohagakure tavern
    Posts
    18,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
     

    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    What about me riku.. my ice skills stick out any? Most likely not . Anyway to qoute zetsu a novice with a rock can beat an expert with a shuriken
     
         

  15. #765
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Haku Yuki- View Post
    What about me riku.. my ice skills stick out any? Most likely not . Anyway to qoute zetsu a novice with a rock can beat an expert with a shuriken
    I'm hardly the person to point out who's good and who isn't.

    Btw, that kind of... doesn't apply all the time in our RP. Reason being that most of the experts have bazookas and sniper rifles and the novices have pebbles. .-.
     
         

  16. #766
    House's Avatar
    Status
    House is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    The wise icecream.
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    I'm hardly the person to point out who's good and who isn't.

    Btw, that kind of... doesn't apply all the time in our RP. Reason being that most of the experts have bazookas and sniper rifles and the novices have pebbles. .-.
    Pebbles are one of the most useful and dangerous tools if used right.
     
         

  17. #767
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Haku Yuki- View Post
    What about me riku.. my ice skills stick out any? Most likely not . Anyway to qoute zetsu a novice with a rock can beat an expert with a shuriken
    Strike that, Reverse it.
     
         

  18. #768
    -Haku Yuki-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Haku Yuki- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Konohagakure tavern
    Posts
    18,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
     

    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    Strike that, Reverse it.
    an expert with a shuirken can beat a noive with a rock? or revers the weapons?
     
         

  19. #769
    Zanji's Avatar
    Status
    Zanji is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    here there everywhere
    Posts
    8,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninja Fool Learn It!
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    <_< yeah I'm not even gonna attempt to read through all that someone summarize just what the hell Riku and Yubel are "discussing"
     
         

  20. #770
    Tsuna...'s Avatar
    Status
    Tsuna... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    17,830
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a question just
    ask, I'll do my best to answer
    it
     

    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    what he said ^
     
         

  21. #771
    Reborn's Avatar
    Status
    Reborn is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Posts
    10,755
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Haku Yuki- View Post
    an expert with a shuirken can beat a noive with a rock? or revers the weapons?
    a master with a pebble can beat a novice with a shuriken.

    I believe that was the saying


    Quote Originally Posted by Zanji View Post
    <_< yeah I'm not even gonna attempt to read through all that someone summarize just what the hell Riku and Yubel are "discussing"
    The older gen having an advantage over the newer gen mainly based on the power of their customs. That was what I think Yubel was claiming and Riku was arguing against. I was reading it but I got lost because I think I might have ADHD or some attention disorder becaue I just blanked for about 7minutes and don't remember what I was doing then 0_o
     
         
    Last edited by Reborn; 08-15-2012 at 11:49 PM.

  22. #772
    Zanji's Avatar
    Status
    Zanji is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    here there everywhere
    Posts
    8,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninja Fool Learn It!
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Alright I just got a summarization of what the hell is goin down in here.......

    basically Riku and Yubel debating the fact that us old gen can beat the new gen without the use of our customs......and Yubel saying not to underestimate the new gen. The rest is just nonesense in a sense

    Well the thing is, we can fight against most if not all you rookies of the "new" gen without the use of our customs. Reason being.....our experience. A lot of you think, if we can beat an old timer we are good rpers......that is not the case what-so-ever. Nine times outta Ten that would possibly be luck. But one of the big things that you rookies have a hard time grasping....is understanding and accepting/admitting defeat.

    Yeah a lot of the customs us old timers have came from before all these rules but also a fair number of them came from after the rules, all customs are, are nothing more than extra's to already existing elements, our real talent comes from our understanding and mastery over everything in the rp from ninjutsu to fuuin and beyond.

    Also when us old timers fight we don't go running to the mods or sensei's (other sensei's) to "judge" our opponents move on its legality trying to gain a victory by a technicality. That is one of my biggest annoyances with the current generation, as well as the love of using Chidori Nagashi to get you out of a bind or to get away from someone who prefers hand to hand combat. Back in the day we didn't "rely" on Nagashi for as much as you guys do, if it came down to hand-to-hand combat, we fought and we fought hard.

    But overall, if yes I do believe a lot of us old gen can beat the new gen without our customs.....it's not underestimating.......its mostly fact :/
     
         

  23. #773
    「 永遠の絶望 」 Blizzàrd's Avatar
    Status
    Blizzàrd is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13,420
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Death intrigues me, Life
    bores me."
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zanji View Post
    Alright I just got a summarization of what the hell is goin down in here.......

    basically Riku and Yubel debating the fact that us old gen can beat the new gen without the use of our customs......and Yubel saying not to underestimate the new gen. The rest is just nonesense in a sense

    Well the thing is, we can fight against most if not all you rookies of the "new" gen without the use of our customs. Reason being.....our experience. A lot of you think, if we can beat an old timer we are good rpers......that is not the case what-so-ever. Nine times outta Ten that would possibly be luck. But one of the big things that you rookies have a hard time grasping....is understanding and accepting/admitting defeat.

    Yeah a lot of the customs us old timers have came from before all these rules but also a fair number of them came from after the rules, all customs are, are nothing more than extra's to already existing elements, our real talent comes from our understanding and mastery over everything in the rp from ninjutsu to fuuin and beyond.

    Also when us old timers fight we don't go running to the mods or sensei's (other sensei's) to "judge" our opponents move on its legality trying to gain a victory by a technicality. That is one of my biggest annoyances with the current generation, as well as the love of using Chidori Nagashi to get you out of a bind or to get away from someone who prefers hand to hand combat. Back in the day we didn't "rely" on Nagashi for as much as you guys do, if it came down to hand-to-hand combat, we fought and we fought hard.

    But overall, if yes I do believe a lot of us old gen can beat the new gen without our customs.....it's not underestimating.......its mostly fact :/
    I was going to read it but said nahhh too much. Zanji that was one of the most awesomest thing you have ever done. Thanks. And of-course I would like to say that experience is indeed a treasure to old generation, and with that they have more sense of each and every jutsu even though there were updates done later in this generation. I believe that some new-genration RPiers can give a very tough challenge to the old-generation if only basics are to be used. But saying they are equal without CJs is a very foolish thought. :]
     
         

  24. #774
    RokuNR's Avatar
    Status
    RokuNR is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In your brain >:D
    Posts
    19,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    saraisthebest! #henrikisevil
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Well, Zanji, I have thoughtfully summarized the main point of Riku's and Yubel's argument and thrown in a very detailed explanation to debunk some misconceptions about the RP system and the old generation in general in a wallie. However, it's something I'd like every who can see it to read, so I won't post it at the bottom of this page ~_~'
     
         

  25. #775
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: NB's Greatest RP-Fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zanji View Post
    Alright I just got a summarization of what the hell is goin down in here.......

    basically Riku and Yubel debating the fact that us old gen can beat the new gen without the use of our customs......and Yubel saying not to underestimate the new gen. The rest is just nonesense in a sense

    Well the thing is, we can fight against most if not all you rookies of the "new" gen without the use of our customs. Reason being.....our experience. A lot of you think, if we can beat an old timer we are good rpers......that is not the case what-so-ever. Nine times outta Ten that would possibly be luck. But one of the big things that you rookies have a hard time grasping....is understanding and accepting/admitting defeat.

    Yeah a lot of the customs us old timers have came from before all these rules but also a fair number of them came from after the rules, all customs are, are nothing more than extra's to already existing elements, our real talent comes from our understanding and mastery over everything in the rp from ninjutsu to fuuin and beyond.

    Also when us old timers fight we don't go running to the mods or sensei's (other sensei's) to "judge" our opponents move on its legality trying to gain a victory by a technicality. That is one of my biggest annoyances with the current generation, as well as the love of using Chidori Nagashi to get you out of a bind or to get away from someone who prefers hand to hand combat. Back in the day we didn't "rely" on Nagashi for as much as you guys do, if it came down to hand-to-hand combat, we fought and we fought hard.

    But overall, if yes I do believe a lot of us old gen can beat the new gen without our customs.....it's not underestimating.......its mostly fact :/
    You know Zanji, if i had my training completed i would challenge you to prove your talk but i know i´m not at that stage yet where i can challenge someone like you.

    I actually agree with most of your post, I think your right.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •