Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Espana Cup

My god what a game between Barcelona and Real Madrid.

First lag of the Espana cup has end in a 2-2 draw between Rival Barca and Madrid. As of now Barca are leading with away goals. The next game will take place in Camp Nou I think on Aug. 17 2011.

Scorers for Madrid: Ozil (13), Xabi (54)

Scorers for Barcelona: Villa (36), Messi (45)

In all Valdez had an outstanding performance stopping a lot of shots while Iker was rarely that busy. Messi had just come back from Vacation and even commentator said he hadn't practice with team but yet set Villa up and scored. Alexis Sanchez debut wasn't that bad I liked how he would go back and help the D out (unlike Pedro and Villa).

The D for Barcelona was really bad and sloppy I was surprised that Real wasn't able to do much. It showed they can't keep up with elite clubs ATM, IMO. Xavi, Pique were injured so didn't start but did come in at second half. I hope Barcelona take this next game and have Xavi/Pique back in.

In recent news Cesc is flying down to Barcelona for medical tests

Team Stats:

Real Madrid / Barcelona

Goal: 2 / 2

Ball Possession %: 53% / 47%

Shots (on goal): 14 (9) / 5 (3)

Corner Kicks: 9 / 2

Fouls Committed: 26 / 13

Yellow Cards: 3 / 2

Red Cards: 0 / 0

Offsides: 3 / 3

Goal Kicks: 3 / 8

Here is the link to the highlights (well its all goals only).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNy_38RxC_o

Last edited by ReLax -; 08-15-2011 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Title didn't look good :)

Status
    Dec 2009
    The Legendary Sage of Six
    Paths, coming soon.

Re: Espana Cup

Pure luck stopped Barca from losing this one. For the first time in ages, Real controlled the whole match and only Valdez stood between Real and the goals from coming. Barca was super efficient and scored on two out of two chances by first half (with a fantastic goal by Villa). Barca should be happy with the draw and has the advantage before the next match at Wednesday. If they continue to play like they did today, then Real will for sure win the Supercopa de Espana this year.

"I was surprised that Real wasn't able to do much. It showed they can't keep up with elite clubs ATM, IMO."

Can't keep up? Did you see the game? I'm pretty sure Barca disappointing a lot of people with this performance (even with injured players), as they barely created a chance in the whole match. Real owned the match for more or less 90 minutes (the first match in ages where Barca don't have like 70 % of the ball. They didn't even have the ball the most and they barely created goal chances), and if anything, this shows that they'll be able to match and perhaps even outmatch Barca as of now. I'm really looking forward to the 2nd leg, and I do expect more of Barca at Nou Camp. It's going to be one heck of a match!

Btw, a good thread, and congrats on signing Fabregas

Last edited by Michael92; 08-14-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Pure luck stopped Barca from losing this one. For the first time in ages, Real controlled the whole match and only Valdez stood between Real and the goals from coming. Barca was super efficient and scored on two out of two chances by first half (with a fantastic goal by Villa). Barca should be happy with the draw and has the advantage before the next match at Wednesday. If they continue to play like they did today, then Real will for sure win the Supercopa de Espana this year.

"I was surprised that Real wasn't able to do much. It showed they can't keep up with elite clubs ATM, IMO."

Can't keep up? Did you see the game? I'm pretty sure Barca disappointing a lot of people with this performance (even with injured players), as they barely created a chance in the whole match. Real owned the match for more or less 90 minutes (the first match in ages where Barca don't have like 70 % of the ball. They didn't even have the ball the most and they barely created goal chances), and if anything, this shows that they'll be able to match and perhaps even outmatch Barca as of now. I'm really looking forward to the 2nd leg, and I do expect more of Barca at Nou Camp. It's going to be one heck of a match!

Btw, a good thread, and congrats on signing Fabregas
    The reason for my statement on Real Madrid (I've also said this statement about Barcelona last year when they struggled against lower ranked teams and I have eaten those words which I may have to again) is because even tho they dominated the match more than Barcelona and Barcelona had a disappointing game they still couldn't get the win (I don't mean there is no way they will match top teams but need improvement if Barcelona had those chances that Madrid have could have been different). Barca gave chances to Madrid but yet nothing came of it. The D was terrible and Midfield struggled in this game without leaders (Puyol, Xavi). Also ATM Barca is winning with away goals so pressure is on Real Madrid. Barcelona is the top team with Man U right under them. I was disappointed by this game but they still pulled a draw and tbh I thought Real would have won.

Barca were missing 4 starters and one man just made his debut with the club also.

Yes, 2nd lag will be explosive and Thanks

Last edited by ReLax -; 08-14-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Paths, coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MS Itachi View Post
    The reason for my statement on Real Madrid (I've also said this statement about Barcelona last year when they struggled against lower ranked teams and I have eaten those words which I may have to again) is because even tho they dominated the match more than Barcelona and Barcelona had a disappointing game they still couldn't get the win (I don't mean there is no way they will match top teams but need improvement if Barcelona had those chances that Madrid have could have been different). Barca gave chances to Madrid but yet nothing came of it. The D was terrible and Midfield struggled in this game without leaders (Puyol, Xavi). Also ATM Barca is winning with away goals so pressure is on Real Madrid. Barcelona is the top team with Man U right under them. I was disappointed by this game but they still pulled a draw and tbh I thought Real would have won.

Barca were missing 4 starters and one man just made his debut with the club also.

Yes, 2nd lag will be explosive and Thanks
    Yeah I get your points, but Real always seems to have that bad luck when it comes to scoring against Barca, while they get goals like crazy when facing others. There is just something to El Clasico, and Imo, there just seems to be something off with Barca during the pre-season, even with Messi on vacation. But it will be really exciting to see the 2nd leg as well as the upcoming season. I have a feeling it will be close as ever this year, and with Fabregas in the squad, Barca will become an even more deadly opponent to face. All in all it was a good match, and I don't think 2-2 was really that bad as even though Real created lots of chances they didn't really had too many of those "certain goal" chances. But like you said, they will have to go out to win at Camp Nou, and if Barca scores the first goal, it will put Real in a though position (having to get at least 2 goals to win).

I think there are 4 teams that will be among the top this year and in the semi-finals of CL, and that's Barca, Real, Man U and either Chelsea (depends on Villas Boas success or not, I guess) or AC Milan (not sure about them though). I have a feeling Liverpool, and Tottenham will either do very good, or so-so and I have a feeling that Man. City will do good, while Arsenal will not do as good as last year.
    Have no idea what Dortmund will be able to do and neither the team that won the French League (It wasn't Lyon this year, or?). Regarding Inter, I'm not sure if they will do any good, as I don't think they've had a spectacular pre-season. And clubs that might become promising this year are Malaga (seriously, I wonder how they will compete in the league), PSG in France, and Roma in Italy.

So I think there will be a close competition between Barca and Real on all fronts.

Last edited by Michael92; 08-15-2011 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Added some stuff.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Yeah I get your points, but Real always seems to have that bad luck when it comes to scoring against Barca, while they get goals like crazy when facing others. There is just something to El Clasico, and Imo, there just seems to be something off with Barca during the pre-season, even with Messi on vacation. But it will be really exciting to see the 2nd leg as well as the upcoming season. I have a feeling it will be close as ever this year, and with Fabregas in the squad, Barca will become an even more deadly opponent to face. All in all it was a good match, and I don't think 2-2 was really that bad as even though Real created lots of chances they didn't really had too many of those "certain goal" chances. But like you said, they will have to go out to win at Camp Nou, and if Barca scores the first goal, it will put Real in a though position (having to get at least 2 goals to win).

I think there are 4 teams that will be among the top this year and in the semi-finals of CL, and that's Barca, Real, Man U and either Chelsea (depends on Villas Boas success or not, I guess) or AC Milan (not sure about them though). I have a feeling Liverpool, and Tottenham will either do very good, or so-so and I have a feeling that Man. City will do good, while Arsenal will not do as good as last year.
    Have no idea what Dortmund will be able to do and neither the team that won the French League (It wasn't Lyon this year, or?). Regarding Inter, I'm not sure if they will do any good, as I don't think they've had a spectacular pre-season. And clubs that might become promising this year are Malaga (seriously, I wonder how they will compete in the league), PSG in France, and Roma in Italy.

So I think there will be a close competition between Barca and Real on all fronts.
    Agreed. This is what I mean when Madrid Play elite teams they some what choke or have a difficult time (at least majority of the times). Fabregas will be a hit as long as he stays clear of injuries. Barcelona sometimes seem to disappoint us but they always seem to amaze us. When it comes to the big games they are on a different level than others. One thing for sure is the second lag will be explosive and entertaining. Yeah, I don't seem to understand what comes over them (Barcelona) during pre-season. They also got to face FC Porto in a few days or week after the Madrid final. FC Porto has been undefeated last year, I think will see an entertaining game between the two.

Well this year you got Barcelona, Madrid, Man U, Man City, Chelsea, AC Milan, and Bayern which are favorites IMO (disappointments can always happen). I would like to see Madrid face off against Man U, Chelsea or Bayern to see how they stand. Malaga or Roma will be the most improved team this year IMO but will have to see what they can do. Inter may lose Snijder and Eto'o, so can't really see how they will do.

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

yeah, well i would like final of Champions league to be Real vs Barca but dreams most of the time don´t come true but it´s cool that fabregas goes to barca, how deadly will barca be this year? i hope a lot

Status
    Apr 2011
    This user has no status.

Man I would have liked to see this one <.< thanks for the informative thread.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Paths, coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sominus View Post
    Man I would have liked to see this one <.< thanks for the informative thread.
    I understand, had to watch a bad quality stream on the net myself to be able to watch the game (and there is always hard to find good ones).

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

First of all, I did say I'll post the thread but I got ill - or rather injured - so, had to go to sleep after Man.U's match which, btw, didn't really improved my health.
    So, pretty well, yeah, I missed the match Anyways, from the highlights, it clearly shows lots of chances from Real. Too bad, they didn't capitalize. Two reasons, I think why it didn't happen:
    1. Valdes was brilliant.
    2. They got mentally tensed and crisped after being lead despite such display by them. Thus, they couldn't pull off more than a draw.
    I'm gonna watch the match (in rebroadcasting) today. I guess, I'll better analyze it than from the highlights. Still, despite Barca's having the lead, when was the last time you saw Barca losing in terms of possession in a whole match? I don't even remember that.

Real looks good nevertheless but I'll agree that a draw isn't very satisfactory. It's the same team who lost 5-0 last year though. You should be lucky Messi was in form from holidays though otherwise, Barca will have suffer a humiliating loss. Villa's goal is a masterpiece.

Going on the CL talks, well, it's obvious who the top teams will be anyways though I wonder if Arsenal will still be in 1st Pot (Top/Favorites one) during the lucky draw. The worst pick for any of those big teams will be Manchester City. Liverpool and Tottenham not in CL this year btw. And Sneijder is staying at Inter atleast till January. His wages was too excessive for Manchester or rather ManU didn't wanted to pay such a sum for a 27-year old player. Fergie said that he's gonna promote the academy youngsters of last year who are rumored to be the best since the Beckham-Giggs-Scholes-Butt-Neville Bros generation. Let's see how it turns out.

Last edited by Escorpiius; 08-15-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    First of all, I did say I'll post the thread but I got ill - or rather injured - so, had to go to sleep after Man.U's match which, btw, didn't really improved my health.
    So, pretty well, yeah, I missed the match Anyways, from the highlights, it clearly shows lots of chances from Real. Too bad, they didn't capitalize. Two reasons, I think why it didn't happen:
    1. Valdes was brilliant.
    2. They got mentally tensed and crisped after being lead despite such display by them. Thus, they couldn't pull off more than a draw.
    I'm gonna watch the match (in rebroadcasting) today. I guess, I'll better analyze it than from the highlights. Still, despite Barca's having the lead, when was the last time you saw Barca losing in terms of possession in a whole match? I don't even remember that.

Real looks good nevertheless but I'll agree that a draw isn't very satisfactory. It's the same team who lost 5-0 last year though. You should be lucky Messi was in form from holidays though otherwise, Barca will have suffer a humiliating loss. Villa's goal is a masterpiece.

Going on the CL talks, well, it's obvious who the top teams will be anyways though I wonder if Arsenal will still be in 1st Pot (Top/Favorites one) during the lucky draw. The worst pick for any of those big teams will be Manchester City. Liverpool and Tottenham not in CL this year btw. And Sneijder is staying at Inter atleast till January. His wages was too excessive for Manchester or rather ManU didn't wanted to pay such a sum for a 27-year old player. Fergie said that he's gonna promote the academy youngsters of last year who are rumored to be the best since the Beckham-Giggs-Scholes-Butt-Neville Bros generation. Let's see how it turns out.
    Firstly hope you get better bro and I know you were gonna make thread waited a bit but never saw you online so went a head. :P lol

Man U still walked away with a victory that's all that matter but they will have defensive problems now playing against top clubs (Chelsea, Liverpool and etc). I feel sorry for De Gea heard bad things about him. The media needs to give this guys a break I mean he's only 20 and playing with one of Europe's best it will take time before he gets better. There is so much pressure on him to as he needs to live up to the clubs reputation.

Yes, Valdes stepped up that game and made some key saves to keep Barcelona in this. Barca played terrible once you watch you'll understand but yet they were able to pull a draw. Also Pique and Xavi weren't 100% but came on 2nd half and Puyol, Basquets weren't there. Barca at full probably would have taken Madrid out. When you see Madrid's line up, it's like wow and than their bunch? Higuain, Kaka, Sahin wtf lol

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Firstly hope you get better bro and I know you were gonna make thread waited a bit but never saw you online so went a head. :P lol

Man U still walked away with a victory that's all that matter but they will have defensive problems now playing against top clubs (Chelsea, Liverpool and etc). I feel sorry for De Gea heard bad things about him. The media needs to give this guys a break I mean he's only 20 and playing with one of Europe's best it will take time before he gets better. There is so much pressure on him to as he needs to live up to the clubs reputation.

Yes, Valdes stepped up that game and made some key saves to keep Barcelona in this. Barca played terrible once you watch you'll understand but yet they were able to pull a draw. Also Pique and Xavi weren't 100% but came on 2nd half and Puyol, Basquets weren't there. Barca at full probably would have taken Madrid out. When you see Madrid's line up, it's like wow and than their bunch? Higuain, Kaka, Sahin wtf lol
    Thanks. You did the right thing. I just the saw the match as I'm writing. So... let me review it, i guess
    First of all, I lol'd really hard most of the time in this match.
    The best is after Valdes saved a volley kick from Ronaldo at the 60 apprx. Ronaldo got frustrated and got on his knees whining to God or what ever. Then, Ozil delivered another cross to Ronaldo and from whining on his knees, he got up quickly and tried to get a header. Had he been more concentrated, it will have been a goal. It was hilarious how he got back from his knees to try get the ball though. Brilliant.
    Another nice moment is when the 2nd referee whistled a offside position for Alexis and some Barca substitute began questioning the referee from the outside. The referee gave him such a 'get the f*** out of me and let me decide' look. Awesome.
    On the whole match now, well, good display by Madrid. Not really in terms of domination or possession like the stats suggest but more in terms of concentration and intensity shown. Barca was not terrible. They did futile mistakes mostly. Their worst flaw is to have been too impulsive. They were playing too rashly and in speed that they messed it up a bit.

Performance-wise;
    - Alexis Sanchez was brilliant. He got tried after 1 hour but very pleasant and exceptional display.
    - Benzema and Ozil did well.
    - Cristiano. I really liked what he showed especially in the second half. He was much better than Messi although Messi scored. The critics were a bit harsh on him on this match.
    - Messi. Good but got few ball to express himself.
    - Iniesta was in lack of shape. He was really crisped. Each time, he got the ball, there were mostly a foul on him though. He was really not the same coolness and ability level I know him. Perhaps the reason why Barca f**ked up in terms of passing. It went better with Xavi entering. Barca clearly needed Xavi in that match.
    - Valdes was not exceptional but was good and did important saves.
    - Contrearo should permanently replace Marcelo.

Moment-wise - Real dominated early on and logically opened the score. The 2 goals of Barca clearly came at moments where Real was not expecting it. In the second half, there were some insolence play from Barcelona. Each ball Messi, Alexis, Villa, Thiago were touching, they were provocative and dribbling Madrid players just to showoff and nail it better on Madrid psychologically. Real was clearly getting tensed and were clueless about what to do especially due to Barca's provocative plays - which were not dangerous btw and the events of Barca's 2 goals. The second goal clearly did not came while Madrid was dominating. It was good rush by Ronaldo which lead to a mere but crucial corner that Alonso scored. That's why Ronaldo is also important. Afterwards, Ronaldo and others gain soem good strikes but were unable to score. Then came the 80th minute where there was clearly a penalty on Ronaldo due to a "clear" foul by Valdes. Barcelona clearly decided to clam the play thereafter, contending themselves with the draw and almost gained a penalty in the process with a foul on Pedro. Guess that was it.

Since every Barca-Real match is fu**ed up in terms of refereeing, this one didn't surprise me. So, 1 penalty not given on each side. Multiple fouls not whistled. There clearly were no cuddles on both sides. But I can't blame the guy much. First of all, if he needs to stop the play at each time, it won't have been that entertaining. Secondly, there are some fouls that Barca didn't get and Madrid not sanctioned because even though there were fouls, Barca's players tend to dive in so much that it isn't credible anymore when fouls are committed against them. Take the tackle of Pepe on Alves and compare with the foul on Messi by Alonso in the last minute. While Pepe clearly deserved a card on that one, Alves was anticipating and diving so generously that referee just gave a foul. While the fault is unacceptable and clear-cut. The guy is struggling to pass and clearly is stopped brutally.

Moral of the match: Well, Madrid deserve perhaps a 3-2 win and Barca's main problem were with their mindstate. They were too much proud on their past accomplishments over their fierce rivals that they hoped a little too much from the referee.

---

On Man U's match, well, yeah, two big injuries after a good 1st half. But like they say, "...And in the end, Manchester United triumphed and won again despite everything..." It's like a fable story. On De Gea, they are a bit harsh indeed on him. But the problem isn't with his talent. I don't know why but it seems to me that he got knees problem. You see when a far shot is coming, normally, you should bend on your knees to get faster on the ground. he doesn't or rather don't do that. That's why he's late to stop those shot in terms of timing. He needs to work on that. I don't know if it's physical or if it's a nervous problem, but he'll have to work on that. The critics are dumping him further; saying that last season, he was the GK who conceded the most goals from far-shots. I hope he gets better with time. he needs to pull off one big match against a big team and thereafter, the critics will be silenced for while surely.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Paths, coming soon.

Two sick posts by you Escorp Only one thing I disagree on though;

How can you say that? Marcelo is one of the best Left backs there is. Not only is he a good ball winner, but he provides much forward as well (He's like the new Robert Carlos). He's the L/R back that has improved the most over the last year, even outmatching Ramos in my opinion. If anything, Coentrao is a very, very good substitute (too good in my opinion), and I think he's kinda leveled out after the World Cup (where he showed himself of like crazy). He's still a good back though, and I believe it will be a fierce competition between the three of them (My guess is that Arbeloa won't be having too much playtime), though I'm sure Ramos and Marcelo will have their spots secured for now.

Don't know if you were referring to the player in overall or just in this match as (because of bad stream among other things, so didn't really see much other than the chances, ) I didn't see him show that much off in that match.

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Two sick posts by you Escorp Only one thing I disagree on though;

How can you say that? Marcelo is one of the best Left backs there is. Not only is he a good ball winner, but he provides much forward as well (He's like the new Robert Carlos). He's the L/R back that has improved the most over the last year, even outmatching Ramos in my opinion. If anything, Coentrao is a very, very good substitute (too good in my opinion), and I think he's kinda leveled out after the World Cup (where he showed himself of like crazy). He's still a good back though, and I believe it will be a fierce competition between the three of them (My guess is that Arbeloa won't be having too much playtime), though I'm sure Ramos and Marcelo will have their spots secured for now.

Don't know if you were referring to the player in overall or just in this match as (because of bad stream among other things, so didn't really see much other than the chances, ) I didn't see him show that much off in that match.
    Nah, I meant to the player overall.
    He may have improved much over the last years but let's get to the point - he's too egoistical in his play and mess up in every big matches. There's barely one important matches where he showed interesting display and if he did, most likely a bit of a fluke or over-help by his partners. Due to his proud of being Brazilian, he's too personal on his choice of play and usually messes up opportunities of Madrid in big matches. He was the main culprit in the 5-0 loss last year with his overconfident rush that ended up in waste of chances.
    Apart having quite good skills, he is nothing exceptional. His defending skills are surpassed by the likes of Abidal, Evra, Maicon, Ramos, Lahm, Alves or even Ashley Cole. Seriously, why do you think Maicon is absent most often in Brazil selection? He lacks much composure to the likes of Alves, Maicon and soon enough to Da Silva Brothers, Rafael and Fabio. He's just an overrated player during Madrid's dark era. It's time to get to reality and show him his place. I'm pretty sure that with Contrearo's arrival and his excessive vanity, Marcelo will get his ticket on Madrid's bench. It's better to give it to Marcelo rather than Di Maria. Alteast, Di Maria though he messes up many chances also, is less arrogant. He also does not show off as much as Marcelo. My opinion for Marcelo is the same for Alves but atleast I'll admit that Alves is better than Marcelo talent-wise though Alves's mental state is worst than Marcelo but that's some other story. The point is Marcelo is pretty much the weak link in Real's team overall. It was Albiol and Kaka at a time, now it's Marcelo more and Di Maria a bit.
    How can you say that Marcelo is better than Ramos btw? Ramos defends really well, is well concentrated, talented and his offensives are more clean at least. In fact, Marcelo shines also just because of Ronaldo. I agree that it will be tough competition like in every position but I'm sure that the Portuguese link between Ronaldo, Mourinho and Contrerao will benefit Ronaldo and Madrid more than Marcelo can do soon enough. Contrerao seemed really talented with the matches I've seen him played in especially in WC 2010. Moreover, he is very mobile on the field as seen in his entry in Sunday's match.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Thanks. You did the right thing. I just the saw the match as I'm writing. So... let me review it, i guess
    First of all, I lol'd really hard most of the time in this match.
    The best is after Valdes saved a volley kick from Ronaldo at the 60 apprx. Ronaldo got frustrated and got on his knees whining to God or what ever. Then, Ozil delivered another cross to Ronaldo and from whining on his knees, he got up quickly and tried to get a header. Had he been more concentrated, it will have been a goal. It was hilarious how he got back from his knees to try get the ball though. Brilliant.
    Another nice moment is when the 2nd referee whistled a offside position for Alexis and some Barca substitute began questioning the referee from the outside. The referee gave him such a 'get the f*** out of me and let me decide' look. Awesome.
    On the whole match now, well, good display by Madrid. Not really in terms of domination or possession like the stats suggest but more in terms of concentration and intensity shown. Barca was not terrible. They did futile mistakes mostly. Their worst flaw is to have been too impulsive. They were playing too rashly and in speed that they messed it up a bit.

Performance-wise;
    - Alexis Sanchez was brilliant. He got tried after 1 hour but very pleasant and exceptional display.
    - Benzema and Ozil did well.
    - Cristiano. I really liked what he showed especially in the second half. He was much better than Messi although Messi scored. The critics were a bit harsh on him on this match.
    - Messi. Good but got few ball to express himself.
    - Iniesta was in lack of shape. He was really crisped. Each time, he got the ball, there were mostly a foul on him though. He was really not the same coolness and ability level I know him. Perhaps the reason why Barca f**ked up in terms of passing. It went better with Xavi entering. Barca clearly needed Xavi in that match.
    - Valdes was not exceptional but was good and did important saves.

Moment-wise - Real dominated early on and logically opened the score. The 2 goals of Barca clearly came at moments where Real was not expecting it. In the second half, there were some insolence play from Barcelona. Each ball Messi, Alexis, Villa, Thiago were touching, they were provocative and dribbling Madrid players just to showoff and nail it better on Madrid psychologically. Real was clearly getting tensed and were clueless about what to do especially due to Barca's provocative plays - which were not dangerous btw and the events of Barca's 2 goals. The second goal clearly did not came while Madrid was dominating. It was good rush by Ronaldo which lead to a mere but crucial corner that Alonso scored. That's why Ronaldo is also important. Afterwards, Ronaldo and others gain soem good strikes but were unable to score. Then came the 80th minute where there was clearly a penalty on Ronaldo due to a "clear" foul by Valdes. Barcelona clearly decided to clam the play thereafter, contending themselves with the draw and almost gained a penalty in the process with a foul on Pedro. Guess that was it.

Since every Barca-Real match is fu**ed up in terms of refereeing, this one didn't surprise me. So, 1 penalty not given on each side. Multiple fouls not whistled. There clearly were no cuddles on both sides. But I can't blame the guy much. First of all, if he needs to stop the play at each time, it won't have been that entertaining. Secondly, there are some fouls that Barca didn't get and Madrid not sanctioned because even though there were fouls, Barca's players tend to dive in so much that it isn't credible anymore when fouls are committed against them. Take the tackle of Pepe on Alves and compare with the foul on Messi by Alonso in the last minute. While Pepe clearly deserved a card on that one, Alves was anticipating and diving so generously that referee just gave a foul. While the fault is unacceptable and clear-cut. The guy is struggling to pass and clearly is stopped brutally.

Moral of the match: Well, Madrid deserve perhaps a 3-2 win and Barca's main problem were with their mindstate. They were too much proud on their past accomplishments over their fierce rivals that they hoped a little too much from the referee.

---

On Man U's match, well, yeah, two big injuries after a good 1st half. But like they say, "...And in the end, Manchester United triumphed and won again despite everything..." It's like a fable story. On De Gea, they are a bit harsh indeed on him. But the problem isn't with his talent. I don't know why but it seems to me that he got knees problem. You see when a far shot is coming, normally, you should bend on your knees to get faster on the ground. he doesn't or rather don't do that. That's why he's late to stop those shot in terms of timing. He needs to work on that. I don't know if it's physical or if it's a nervous problem, but he'll have to work on that. The critics are dumping him further; saying that last season, he was the GK who conceded the most goals from far-shots. I hope he gets better with time. he needs to pull off one big match against a big team and thereafter, the critics will be silenced for while surely.
    Yes, It's true Barca had there share of dives that game but Madrid were no less than them (I.E Sanchez challenged Xabi Alonso and Alonso kicked the ball also hit Sanchez ankle went down and Madrid got the free kick, Di Maria don't think I need to say much about him). When two heavyweights of Europe meet there will always be some diving, be it one or two the game still diving. It's the way they play in order to gain possession of the ball even if it is for a short time.

As far as the game being owned by Madrid, I will still say Barcelona played well without 4 starters (Pique and Xavi came in but take in mind they weren't 100%). It's like Barcelona full squad playing Man U without Vidic, Rio, Giggs and take away another starting mid fielder how would the game end for them? not too good lol.

Also Bracelona knew the threat Madrid were in last months interview Xavi and Pedro said Madrid are now mature and have a ton of signing which they got talented players and Xavi said he was worried for Barca this year. They never came in showing off there trophy's and success they have over Madrid in the past couple of months but came to try and win that's it. Some players didn't have time to prepare or work with the squad much.

PK wise yes, you are correct both teams got away and I only see one reason for that. Ronaldo has the height and is built so him going down easily like that is pathetic sometimes. Valdes did commit a foul there but I think Ronaldo could have still kept his balance and ref was probably in a different angle so didn't really see it. Pedro usually has height disadvantage so takes that to try and get a PK but refs know about these players so sometime calls are right or too harsh at times.

At the part of Barca getting refs help that's getting old now. Refs all around the world make wrong decision or there own not really anything to do with the club at all. It plays in certain club advantage but doesn't really mean it has anything to do with the club and ref (Bribery, Favoritism and etc). Last year a game between Sevilla and Madrid took place the ball crossed the line in 90th mins I think to give Sevilla 1-0 win and a defender kicked it out and it was a clear goal but didn't count and Sevilla didn't get a win this was in Copa Del Rey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpi4OfVM-n4

there's a clip so does this mean Madrid have refs in there pockets too?

Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KtHjSn0zQw

Barca was clearly cheated unless you can state otherwise? Does this mean Inter and Murinho had refs in there pocket? Should have been Barcelona VS Bayern in finals 09/10 CL.

Refs make mistakes so people shouldn't be complaining about it. I'm not pointing this at you Escorpiius but to overall ppl. Yes, Ref did make a mistake in Barcelona VS Chelsea and maybe made a mistake in Barcelona VS Real Madrid but don't blame the team for it.

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Yes, It's true Barca had there share of dives that game but Madrid were no less than them (I.E Sanchez challenged Xabi Alonso and Alonso kicked the ball also hit Sanchez ankle went down and Madrid got the free kick, Di Maria don't think I need to say much about him). When two heavyweights of Europe meet there will always be some diving, be it one or two the game still diving. It's the way they play in order to gain possession of the ball even if it is for a short time.

As far as the game being owned by Madrid, I will still say Barcelona played well without 4 starters (Pique and Xavi came in but take in mind they weren't 100%). It's like Barcelona full squad playing Man U without Vidic, Rio, Giggs and take away another starting mid fielder how would the game end for them? not too good lol.

Also Bracelona knew the threat Madrid were in last months interview Xavi and Pedro said Madrid are now mature and have a ton of signing which they got talented players and Xavi said he was worried for Barca this year. They never came in showing off there trophy's and success they have over Madrid in the past couple of months but came to try and win that's it. Some players didn't have time to prepare or work with the squad much.

PK wise yes, you are correct both teams got away and I only see one reason for that. Ronaldo has the height and is built so him going down easily like that is pathetic sometimes. Valdes did commit a foul there but I think Ronaldo could have still kept his balance and ref was probably in a different angle so didn't really see it. Pedro usually has height disadvantage so takes that to try and get a PK but refs know about these players so sometime calls are right or too harsh at times.

At the part of Barca getting refs help that's getting old now. Refs all around the world make wrong decision or there own not really anything to do with the club at all. It plays in certain club advantage but doesn't really mean it has anything to do with the club and ref (Bribery, Favoritism and etc). Last year a game between Sevilla and Madrid took place the ball crossed the line in 90th mins I think to give Sevilla 1-0 win and a defender kicked it out and it was a clear goal but didn't count and Sevilla didn't get a win this was in Copa Del Rey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpi4OfVM-n4

there's a clip so does this mean Madrid have refs in there pockets too?

Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KtHjSn0zQw

Barca was clearly cheated unless you can state otherwise? Does this mean Inter and Murinho had refs in there pocket? Should have been Barcelona VS Bayern in finals 09/10 CL.

Refs make mistakes so people shouldn't be complaining about it. I'm not pointing this at you Escorpiius but to overall ppl. Yes, Ref did make a mistake in Barcelona VS Chelsea and maybe made a mistake in Barcelona VS Real Madrid but don't blame the team for it.
    Well, it's a bit of an overstated shame to say that when 2 big teams clash, they gotta dive to win. There can be some good clean matches between big teams at times also. Anyways, I'm not complaining about diving things but to every Barca (who were claiming) red cards to Pepe ect...should stop. If they didn't dive before the player even tackled, it might have been a different story.

Well, I don't know if they didn't bragged up that much compared to the times when Eto'o and Ronaldinho were teasing, still, there are no lost love between these 2 teams and Barca could have shown a better display. Every team got time to prepare themselves. As for signings and reinforcements are concerned, this (article) should captivate you about Barca's situation.

How can you say that referee didn't see that foul on ROnaldo. Given that the fol around Pedro occurred when there was a crowd in the box and defender atleast got the ball away someway (even though comepletely illicit), the foul on CR7 was astounding. The ball was 2m away when Ronaldo was put on ground by Valdes. It was so clear-cut though I agree that the only thing that is nearly a "justifiable" reason for the referee is to complain about Ronaldo's diving habits. Still, it was a foul. The referee lost control on the match after 65-70 mins also. There was a point when one Madrid and Barca player got on a heated argument while the play was still on and he didn't even deemed sufficient to stop the play.

Nothing against you but there's a shred of doubts on Barca's being corrupted. Don't forget, it wasn't long ago that Serie A was dominating compared to EPL and Liga when that scandal occurred. The ultra-dominance is suspicious also because most of their big matches' win are someway related to ill-refereeing.

Well, some cases occur. It isn't my fault if most of the times, it's with Barca. And if it was gonna be Barca instead of Inter, it should also have been ManU instead of Bayern also since the 3rd goal in that match was because Rafael got red carded after a dive by Ribery. Anyways, that's history.

I'm not blaming the team but how can you neglect some facts. Chelsea v/s Barca, Barca v.s Arsenal (twice), Barca v/s Madrid. What's more suspect is that all those weird refereeing came in matches after Barca was in near-losing position. The aggregate was favorable for both Chelsea and Arsenal (2 different times) and the bad refereeing came after the Copa Del Rey's loss to Madrid. I won't hide that at times, I get suspicions over Barcelona - not because of their popularity and winning streak but also for the turn of events (both on the match course and towards the player especially Messi) and over-gratifying comments by some football critics. Either the suspicions are well-based (thus being one or the most scandalous moment in football history) or they are just pawns of unlucky situations and events. I really hope it's the latter for the beauty of sport though.

Academy Student
    Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Barcelona rocks.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Paths, coming soon.

Can't wait for tonight!

This is going to be exciting.

Banned
    Status
    Sep 2009
    This user has no status.

Can't wait for tonight!

This is going to be exciting.
    Yeah... they're going to kick balls around a field... seems pretty awesome to me.:shrug:

Status
    Dec 2009
    Paths, coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols0vision View Post
    Yeah... they're going to kick balls around a field... seems pretty awesome to me.:shrug:

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Go Barca!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»