Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Status
    ~Hasashi~ is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,261
    This user has no status.
     



    It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    Here's mine


    NFC NORTH - Packers, hands down. They're coming off a superbowl win with a much improved team, most of them were injured last season, so basically they got a bunch of free agent additions after winning a superbowl, well you could think of it like that anyway.

    NFC SOUTH - Falcons, hands down in my opinion. The saints are really good and all, but now Matt Ryan has another option besides ronny white, granted he is a rookie but it will still go a long way as he will probably face 1 on 1 coverage the majority of the time, with a QB as good as ryan he will be a good player from the start, the saints will probably go 11-5 and I see the falcons putting up a solid 13 wins, easily.

    NFC EAST - Eagles, definitely. They may have holes, which will most probably hurt them in the playoffs and I know realists (rag) are afraid to give into the dream team, but they are one hell of a team. They'll win the division easy, by 2 games at least over the giants or cowboys, maybe even the 'skins as they've made solid improvements.

    NFC WEST - Rams. I love sam bradford, what he did last year was downright amazing, and he will only improve. He has a great running back in jackson, the one thing they have that the other NFC west teams don't is a proven QB, even though it was only one year bradford is waay more proven than any other QB in that division, kevin kolb maybe but I wanna see him succeed first before I gamble on him.


    AFC NORTH - That's a toughie, but imma go steelers, reasons don't have to be put, as you can say the same for the ravens, I'm just going with my gut on this one.

    AFC SOUTH - Imma take a risk here and go with the texans, the main problem with the texans last year was their horrible secondary, they have a decent Dline and LB core, with the addition of Jonathan Joseph they're gonna be much better, even though it's preseason their preseason play proves it. Plus I don't think the colts are the team they were anymore, even though they were injured last year.

    AFC WEST - Chargers, maybe in a few years the raiders or cheifs will be able to put up a fight but as of now the chargers, when healthy, are arguably the best team in the league.

    AFC EAST - This is hard, as I'm a DIEHARD jets fan, but I'm going patriots, although it will be close. The pats may have made "additions" but are they really that ground shaking? With the exception of shaun ellis who despite his age had a good year last year, what did they really do? Everyones talking about fatty heignsworth but he has barely played in the last to years, let me see him perform first. And ochosincho? I personally think he's done, but even if he isn't, what does a receiver really add to the patriots? Put any receiver with brady and they become good. Take deon branch, everyone thought he was a good receiver, he leaves the pats and puts up what, 4 catches in 4 years for the seahawks? He comes back and BAM, he's good again. Ochosincho is a guy who demands the ball, last guy the pats had like that(randy moss) ended up hurting tom brady's performance the last couple years, if you compare states from 2009 and the beginning of 2010, brady is much better without moss as he is able to distribute the ball much more. If sanchez has a breakout year(which I doubt, I've come to accept sanchez is what he is, a slightly above average QB on his best days), and burress seriously performs, the jets might have a chance, otherwise based on last year, it's the patriots division.
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lord Snow's Avatar
    Status
    Lord Snow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,436
    Location
    Somewhere Rainy O_o
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    colts gonna win it all, yea
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member Amanwithnoplan's Avatar
    Status
    Amanwithnoplan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,071
    Location
    On the pavement thinking about the government.
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    It's the Eagles season..I'm feeling good about it.
     
         

  4. #4
    Braaaaiiiins Zombie's Avatar
    Status
    Zombie is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,551
    Avatar courtesy of Zise!
     



    Re: It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    The Saints finally won a super bowel. I'll be surprised if they ever make it to the playoffs again.

    Though, after the first quarter of the Saints SB game, I strongly believed the Colts gave it to them.

    But I only watch the SB for the commercials and frankly don't like the game.
     
         

  5. #5
    Leaf prodigy PRINCE OF SIX SAGES's Avatar
    Status
    PRINCE OF SIX SAGES is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    82
    Location
    washington dc
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    i know my skins are looking good in the preseason but were also gonna do good in the reg season too. the cowgirls suck monkeys balls. the eagles will heve a great record even tho it hurts me to say it. the giants will be ok third in the division.

    the falcons will be great offensive team. colts will suck because manning is gonna get hurt forreal. the pats will be good they will beat the ravens in the afc champ game.

    the super bowl : falcons 27 patriots 17
     
         

  6. #6
    Leaf prodigy PRINCE OF SIX SAGES's Avatar
    Status
    PRINCE OF SIX SAGES is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    82
    Location
    washington dc
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    The Saints finally won a super bowel. I'll be surprised if they ever make it to the playoffs again.

    Though, after the first quarter of the Saints SB game, I strongly believed the Colts gave it to them.

    But I only watch the SB for the commercials and frankly don't like the game.
    dude thats not cool u watch only for the commercials booooooooo:flaw:
     
         

  7. #7
    Axle's Avatar
    Status
    Axle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,669
    Location
    In between joy and pain
    I, Axle will help bring about
    a New Age of RP
     

    Re: It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    NFC North: I'll go with Packers, they're basically getting their whole team back and they're really the powerhouse in this division

    NFC South: It can go 3 ways, Bucks, Saints, or Falcons. The NFC South has had different division leaders in the past 3 years, this division to me is the toughest and most balanced. The bucks barely missed the playoffs last year so I see them taking the division this year.

    NFC East: I also go with Eagles, the only other team in their division to challenge them will be Dallas but I don't see Dallas winning it.

    NFC West: Laugh if you want, but I'm going with Cardinals, I believe last year was off a bit, but I think they'll be back on track.

    AFC North: Is also kinda tough, but I go with the Steelers. They will be the team to beat in this division. Of course Baltimore and Pittsburgh's rivalry always makes this division that much sweeter

    AFC South: I gotta go with my colts, for the past few years people have been saying "this year is the year of the Texans", or "the colts don't have it anymore", and everytime we prove the world wrong. I believe we got it and we will keep winning our division until Peyton retires or leaves.

    AFC West: It'll either be Denver or Kansas City, but I don't see San Diego winning the division.

    AFC East: I also go with Jets, they are a physical team and I like them and respect them. They beat us last year and I didn't hate, I went for them after we got put out. They beat New England in the playoffs last year, why not a back-to-back? People have been saying "New England got Chad!!" so what, to me he isn't doing nothing but filling in Randy Moss' shoes but he won't be as much as a threat as Randy.
     
         

  8. #8
    Azazel's Avatar
    Status
    Azazel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    16,981
    Location
    Hawaii
    Change is here.
     



    Re: It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Hasashi~ View Post
    Here's mine


    NFC NORTH - Packers, hands down. They're coming off a superbowl win with a much improved team, most of them were injured last season, so basically they got a bunch of free agent additions after winning a superbowl, well you could think of it like that anyway.

    NFC SOUTH - Falcons, hands down in my opinion. The saints are really good and all, but now Matt Ryan has another option besides ronny white, granted he is a rookie but it will still go a long way as he will probably face 1 on 1 coverage the majority of the time, with a QB as good as ryan he will be a good player from the start, the saints will probably go 11-5 and I see the falcons putting up a solid 13 wins, easily.

    NFC EAST - Eagles, definitely. They may have holes, which will most probably hurt them in the playoffs and I know realists (rag) are afraid to give into the dream team, but they are one hell of a team. They'll win the division easy, by 2 games at least over the giants or cowboys, maybe even the 'skins as they've made solid improvements.

    NFC WEST - Rams. I love sam bradford, what he did last year was downright amazing, and he will only improve. He has a great running back in jackson, the one thing they have that the other NFC west teams don't is a proven QB, even though it was only one year bradford is waay more proven than any other QB in that division, kevin kolb maybe but I wanna see him succeed first before I gamble on him.


    AFC NORTH - That's a toughie, but imma go steelers, reasons don't have to be put, as you can say the same for the ravens, I'm just going with my gut on this one.

    AFC SOUTH - Imma take a risk here and go with the texans, the main problem with the texans last year was their horrible secondary, they have a decent Dline and LB core, with the addition of Jonathan Joseph they're gonna be much better, even though it's preseason their preseason play proves it. Plus I don't think the colts are the team they were anymore, even though they were injured last year.

    AFC WEST - Chargers, maybe in a few years the raiders or cheifs will be able to put up a fight but as of now the chargers, when healthy, are arguably the best team in the league.

    AFC EAST - This is hard, as I'm a DIEHARD jets fan, but I'm going patriots, although it will be close. The pats may have made "additions" but are they really that ground shaking? With the exception of shaun ellis who despite his age had a good year last year, what did they really do? Everyones talking about fatty heignsworth but he has barely played in the last to years, let me see him perform first. And ochosincho? I personally think he's done, but even if he isn't, what does a receiver really add to the patriots? Put any receiver with brady and they become good. Take deon branch, everyone thought he was a good receiver, he leaves the pats and puts up what, 4 catches in 4 years for the seahawks? He comes back and BAM, he's good again. Ochosincho is a guy who demands the ball, last guy the pats had like that(randy moss) ended up hurting tom brady's performance the last couple years, if you compare states from 2009 and the beginning of 2010, brady is much better without moss as he is able to distribute the ball much more. If sanchez has a breakout year(which I doubt, I've come to accept sanchez is what he is, a slightly above average QB on his best days), and burress seriously performs, the jets might have a chance, otherwise based on last year, it's the patriots division.
    Funny how I was just about to make this thread in slightly less detail.

    1. I agree with everything you said.
    2. I Especially agree with the Chargers part with them being my favorite team and all.

    If Gates had been healthy towards the end of last year, we would have been in the playoffs. Even the games he played hurt we won.

    Also, I'm conflicted with the Jets and Pats as well. I wouldnt say I'm a die hard jets fan, but being from New York, I have to go with them. But the Pats are going to be really, really really hard to beat this year. But the Jets defense is looking up.
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Status
    ~Hasashi~ is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,261
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodLust Loki View Post
    Funny how I was just about to make this thread in slightly less detail.

    1. I agree with everything you said.
    2. I Especially agree with the Chargers part with them being my favorite team and all.

    If Gates had been healthy towards the end of last year, we would have been in the playoffs. Even the games he played hurt we won.

    Also, I'm conflicted with the Jets and Pats as well. I wouldnt say I'm a die hard jets fan, but being from New York, I have to go with them. But the Pats are going to be really, really really hard to beat this year. But the Jets defense is looking up.
    Yeah, KC is good and all, and I'm sure arizona will do alright, but people are forgetting the charges are still an elite football team. Vincent jackson is now back full time, which he wasn't last year and it affected his performance, gates isn't injured. People seem to forget a couple years ago they put up 13 wins and had the second best record in football, rivers is one of the best QBs in the league, they're bound to win eventually.

    That's the thing, the jets had a very poor off season, going after asughma(spelling) was a HUGE mistake, cormartie did an excellent job at covering the second(and even the first when revis was injured) receiver, their main problem was pressure on the QB, which hopefully willkerson can take care of, and the third receiver/tight end. They should've brought back cromartie for less money(as they undoubtably overpaid him), and maybe brought in like a Carr or something, someone who is a solid backup, so they can cover the third receiver, a problem that killed them last year, especially against the pats. All in all though the patriots are a better team, I think they'll win the division but it would not surprise me in the slightest if the jets pulled off an upset, like axle said, they pulled it off in the playoffs, why can't they do it this year too?
     
         

  10. #10
    Azazel's Avatar
    Status
    Azazel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    16,981
    Location
    Hawaii
    Change is here.
     



    Re: It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Hasashi~ View Post
    Yeah, KC is good and all, and I'm sure arizona will do alright, but people are forgetting the charges are still an elite football team. Vincent jackson is now back full time, which he wasn't last year and it affected his performance, gates isn't injured. People seem to forget a couple years ago they put up 13 wins and had the second best record in football, rivers is one of the best QBs in the league, they're bound to win eventually.

    That's the thing, the jets had a very poor off season, going after asughma(spelling) was a HUGE mistake, cormartie did an excellent job at covering the second(and even the first when revis was injured) receiver, their main problem was pressure on the QB, which hopefully willkerson can take care of, and the third receiver/tight end. They should've brought back cromartie for less money(as they undoubtably overpaid him), and maybe brought in like a Carr or something, someone who is a solid backup, so they can cover the third receiver, a problem that killed them last year, especially against the pats. All in all though the patriots are a better team, I think they'll win the division but it would not surprise me in the slightest if the jets pulled off an upset, like axle said, they pulled it off in the playoffs, why can't they do it this year too?
    I don't know if going after Nnami ( I wont even try to spell his last name :shrug: ) was a bad idea. I think it will work. But I also agree that they should have brung Cromartie back as well. First year with the squad and they turn him loose like he was garbage. He spent how many years as a Charger and did us Hella good too. We can't all be LTs and get slimmer and become a beast again (BTW...I HATE Ryan Matthews).

    As for KC.....can somebody say Jamaal Charles.....Top Running back for this season. I see it coming. Its right there in his grasp. Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson who? Only people holding a candle to him are Arian Foster ( That man is a monster when he wanna be) and Peyton Hillis (Why is he on the cover of Madden 2012 I wonder?)

    I see a tied record...but it all really depends on their schedule this year. I havent taken a look at it yet so I'm not sure how things are gonna go. But I see at least 10 wins for both.
     
         

  11. #11
    I am an amazing Friend Yuka's Avatar
    Status
    Yuka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,311
    Location
    United states
    i'm not feeling well
     



    Re: It's football time! Division predictions anybody?

    I don't personally like football because it's mostly for men but I watch it from time to time to see the up coming games
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •