Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Baws DigitalMonster's Avatar
    Status
    DigitalMonster is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Itachi Respect Thread

    Disclaimer: Nagato and [character] are ''stronger'' than Itachi. Please don't one-star my thread.


    Base Itachi

    In a battle of minds, Itachi is unlikely to be outsmarted. With Sharingan insight and hailed as a prodigy that scored a 5 in intelligence, only someone with Shikamaru-level intellect and a Sharingan should be able to outsmart him, and Itachi should intellectually outperform or stalemate most others.The analysis made took a page,just a page.Despite getting to know a ''new'' dojutsu.Much, much better if you compare this with Sennin Mode Naruto vs Pain.

    In terms of stamina: Itachi, while not diseased, is closer to Taka Sasuke, or perhaps his superior chakra control makes it seem so. When 17, he used some basic ninjutsu and genjutsu before splitting his chakra with an exploding bunshin, maintained a mind-control genjutsu on a girl, used Tsukuyomi twice, and Amaterasu once. He was fatigued at the end of the day, but nowhere near this condition in a time when Kakashi could only use 4 raitons in a day. Kisame knew he could have kept fighting if he wanted. Nevertheless, without using his three exhausting dōjutsu, his stamina is arguably a non-issue, even when sick.

    In the field of genjutsu, Itachi can trick even visual-based geniuses in to suicide, and even combines throwing shuriken at enemy faces with his paralyzing illusions. If you know to avoid his eyes, he can put ninja under realistic genjutsu with a finger for several seconds until you realize it's an illusion. He can incapacitate genius genjutsu masters with torture illusions, can reflect even genjutsu masters' illusions, and can take control of multiple people from range. He can use crows to cast Sharingan genjutsu or deliver power.He is said to be able to control the Fox, which the databook states is the same power Sasuke used to control Manda.

    When considering Itachi's ninjutsu, note that if you don’t have special training or powers like being a perfect jinchūriki, then you need to avoid his eyes and fingers for safety, making Itachi's ninjutsu nearly impossible to anticipate for most. Perhaps when utilizing Karasu bunshin faster than Hebi Sasuke could see, Itachi can overwhelm most individuals with very fast and very powerful fire releases. On water, he can surround ninja in drills including enemy blindspots so quickly that Kakashi, with a 4.5 in speed and a Sharingan, needed his 360° shield to block. Itachi can also throw up shields, which he used to block his exploding bunshin. Plus, to evade the exploding bunshin trick, you likely need a dōjutsu to see the internal chakra.

    Similarly, when considering Itachi's taijutsu, remember that if you don’t have special training or powers like being a perfect jinchūriki, then you need to avoid his eyes and fingers for safety, making Itachi's taijutsu nearly impossible to anticipate for most. Itachi is fast enough to blitz Sharingan precognition and is sufficiently fast that he warned Killer Bee of his movements, with Killer Bee being one of the fastest characters in the manga. His taijutsu skill is also highly developed with his Sharingan precognition, as he engaged Naruto in taijutsu and then avoided Bee striking him from behind. Itachi's weapon skills are so advanced that Hebi Sasuke needed to summon weapons directly to his hands just to keep up, and Itachi even hurt Killer Bee with them. Itachi's hands are fast enough with these shuriken that ninja without top tier reflexes would believe that he's calmly holding shuriken while actually forming jutsu.

    Mangekyō Sharingan

    While the Mangekyō Sharingan makes all Sharingan genjutsu more powerful, Itachi perfected a special technique to break down an individual's mind in an instant. The potency of Tsukuyomi is dependent on the extent of time-manipulation, but Kisame was surprised that Kakashi was still alive, and Zetsu assumed that it made the victim unable to move. Naruto said that being hit by Tsukuyomi would finish off even Bee, someone with incredible durability and otherwise genjutsu-immunity. For most, looking at Itachi's eyes is an automatic loss. However:

    If you don't look at his eyes, then reacting to Amaterasu is nearly impossible, because even the Raikage was tipped off by looking at Sasuke's eyes. Moreover, the Raikage spent time building bijuu sized chakra for his mega shunshin, which both Karin and C noted, but Itachi can activate Amaterasu mid-sprint while 5 meters away in a short amount of time. The heat of Itachi's Amaterasu was hot enough to burn extremely fire-resistant flesh: firebreathing toad innards and Sasuke's fire-blocking wing. Naruto also said this technique could potentially end Bee. However, this is not Itachi's ultimate jutsu.

    Susano'o is not primarily defensive. The databook first and foremost hypes the perfect flawlessness in offense that surpasses Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi.The Susano'o possesses a jutsu which is said to be comparable to FRS and Tailed Beast Bomb. and it was arguably fast enough to catch Orochimaru by surprise between words despite being focused on. Kakashi and Danzō each had to use seal-less jutsu to deflect Susano'o attacks from 20+ meters away, and Sasuke hadn't even attained Itachi's level of Susano'o at the time. His Susano'o is among the best defensive jutsu in the manga, changing nature and shape to allegedly counter any jutsu, and Itachi showed that he can activate Susano'o in an instant for defense and thus offense.

    Originally Posted by MangaStream Translations
    Kabuto: ''Nagato,you worthless bastard''
    ''Itachi's just too damn good''
    Link.
     
         
    Last edited by DigitalMonster; 08-27-2011 at 06:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Obito's Boss deidara senpai's Avatar
    Status
    deidara senpai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    afterlife and not coming back :(
    Posts
    4,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you think deidara wins or
    loses a match that we both
    disagree on, your wrong and
    ill easily prove you why you
    are i know this guy like the
    back of my hand
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    i give itachi all of my respect he is insanely strong wise gifted and stupid for going after kabuto (jk for the last ppart)

    and for this thread i give it 5 stars
     
         
    Last edited by deidara senpai; 08-27-2011 at 06:34 AM.

  3. #3
    Basileus Orochimaruwantsyourbody's Avatar
    Status
    Orochimaruwantsyourbody is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    654
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Awesome.5 stars

    While you're at it,I demand a respect thread for Minato.
     
         

  4. #4
    Baws DigitalMonster's Avatar
    Status
    DigitalMonster is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by deidara senpai View Post
    i give itachi all of my respect he is insanely strong wise gifted and stupid for going after kabuto (jk for the last ppart)


    Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaruwantsyourbody View Post
    Awesome.5 stars

    While you're at it,I demand a respect thread for Minato.
    lolno

    Sasori would be my second-favorite character, followed by Jiraiya. So they have priority in the future.And Kisame too.
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member WastedMonkey's Avatar
    Status
    WastedMonkey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    itachi deserves all the respect, but stop with the itachi can beat anyone threads
     
         

  6. #6
    Baws DigitalMonster's Avatar
    Status
    DigitalMonster is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wastedmonkey View Post
    itachi deserves all the respect, but stop with the itachi can beat anyone threads
    do you see anywhere stated ''Itachi can beat ----''? No.

    So why bring this out?

    And just-so-you-know,there's have never been an ''Itachi-can-beat anyone'' thread since his haters seems to have grown larger than his fans
     
         
    Last edited by DigitalMonster; 08-27-2011 at 07:45 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Kinimaster's Avatar
    Status
    Kinimaster is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Respect.
     
         

  8. #8
    Basileus Orochimaruwantsyourbody's Avatar
    Status
    Orochimaruwantsyourbody is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    654
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Digital,I reread this thread and just realize how ****in' awesome it is.

    Let the Nagatards hate.

    +reps for Mulan epic song!

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMonster View Post




    lolno

    Sasori would be my second-favorite character, followed by Jiraiya. So they have priority in the future.And Kisame too.
    Sasori and Jiraiya are fine.But Kisame is just
     
         

  9. #9
    Banned
    Status
    Free Shooter is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Respect to the Non evil uchiha
     
         

  10. #10
    Maina Deah's Avatar
    Status
    Maina Deah is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Some island in Pacific ocean
    Posts
    3,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    In hibernate mode
     



    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Itachi is just awesome
     
         

  11. #11
    Master Artisan leafeater's Avatar
    Status
    leafeater is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PhD: MA, Born: VA
    Posts
    2,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Couple of MS statement disagreements:
    First, regarding Ameratsu, you don't need eye contact as demonstrated just recently by Nagato's Edo Tensei who warned Naruto that it was coming due to a drop/rise (forget which, assume rise given heat) in air pressure. Still, it's not easy to detect, it's nearly instantaneous (few have the speed/reflexes to dodge it), and it lands with severe damage.

    Second, I place less emphasis on the databook as I believe the manga always takes precedent (Even if Kishi writes both). Susanoo is an absolute defense as stated by Sasuke at the Kage summit, even if it has an offense that surpasses Tsukiyomi/Ameratsu, when the characters that use the jutsu call it an absolute defense and use it as such to avoid attacks that would kill them.

    I don't want to get into some fact/opinion/interpretation (whatever it would be called) war because I've always gotten along with you, and I'd like to keep it that way . Feel free to respond with a correction/s, even if I don't reply, I'll have read it. I'm perfectly OK with you not accepting my statements on Susanoo. I'm not trying to impose my view of Susanoo on you (I apologize if it's coming out that way) just voicing my opinion, but the bit on Ameratsu should be corrected (It's understandably missed given how recently it occurred in the manga).


    Main Points:
    What's the point of this thread, to list all the things Itachi is good at? That's what your mom does when you're a kid. Whenever you're going to list someone's strength's and successes you should note their weaknesses and failures. However many of each that character has.

    Itachi is not perfect, no one is (Not Minato, Jiraiya, Hashirama, Madara, So6P's, etc.), and he's had his share of failures and some debatable ethical actions, but they're not listed here. If you want to truly respect Itachi, you should respect Itachi as a whole, and not just "good Itachi." As it currently is, this is just an Itachi is wonderful thread as best I can tell.

    Sorry to be a downer, but in my opinion a character analysis in general needs balance. Nonetheless, you've demonstrated a great deal of knowledge about Itachi that's extremely impressive, so color me impressed. It appears that if pressed, you could've written much more while still making it cogent. Thus, while I think it's incomplete from my perspective and philosophical view, I still consider it a nicely composed body of work, which could be great if you did evaluate Itachi as a whole.

    Peace.
     
         

  12. #12
    Member
    Status
    Tyrelh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    itachi is god and he is alive again he will be new main character. yeess
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sarutobi Sasuke's Avatar
    Status
    Sarutobi Sasuke is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On the edge of insanity
    Posts
    2,248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Itachi looses respect every time someone starts a thread like this. Itachi used to be my second favourite character but by now my admiration for him as a character has been corrupted by ignorance.

    At least I think your thread deserves respect for being so well structured and provides links to you sources. You've obviously put a lot of effort, research and thought in to this thread before you started it. And that deserves respect.

    So please, for Itachi's sake. Stop pulling Itachi's name through the mud by involving him in this madness.
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member Vergil..'s Avatar
    Status
    Vergil.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    yes itachi is simply amazing with so much he as done
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member Inception's Avatar
    Status
    Inception is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON. Canada
    Posts
    1,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    rep
     
         

  16. #16
    You suck!! Stewie Griffin's Avatar
    Status
    Stewie Griffin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    307
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaruwantsyourbody View Post
    Awesome.5 stars

    While you're at it,I demand a respect thread for Minato.
    someone just made somethig about him

    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95684
     
         

  17. #17
    Baws DigitalMonster's Avatar
    Status
    DigitalMonster is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post
    [U]
    Main Points:
    What's the point of this thread, to list all the things Itachi is good at? That's what your mom does when you're a kid. Whenever you're going to list someone's strength's and successes you should note their weaknesses and failures. However many of each that character has.

    Itachi is not perfect, no one is (Not Minato, Jiraiya, Hashirama, Madara, So6P's, etc.), and he's had his share of failures and some debatable ethical actions, but they're not listed here. If you want to truly respect Itachi, you should respect Itachi as a whole, and not just "good Itachi." As it currently is, this is just an Itachi is wonderful thread as best I can tell.

    Peace.
    The thread's main objective is stating about Itachi's potentiality,not his reputation.

    I thought that was much obvious.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sarutobi Sasuke View Post
    Itachi looses respect every time someone starts a thread like this. Itachi used to be my second favourite character but by now my admiration for him as a character has been corrupted by ignorance.

    At least I think your thread deserves respect for being so well structured and provides links to you sources. You've obviously put a lot of effort, research and thought in to this thread before you started it. And that deserves respect.

    So please, for Itachi's sake. Stop pulling Itachi's name through the mud by involving him in this madness.
    I appreciate your attempts to derail the thread and demean Itachi, but if you do not cease your efforts, you shall be dealt with swiftly. You have been warned.
     
         

  18. #18
    My Art is A Blast!! Uzumaki Sasuke's Avatar
    Status
    Uzumaki Sasuke is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In the darkness...
    Posts
    1,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darkness Prevails...
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Wonderful. Simply Wonderful.
     
         

  19. #19
    Baws DigitalMonster's Avatar
    Status
    DigitalMonster is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Took you a while to realize it?

    Thanks.
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member natssuu's Avatar
    Status
    natssuu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In the world of mushrooms
    Posts
    9,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    ding ding dong
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    ''Kisame was surprised that Kakashi was still alive'' --> Kakashi said that Itachi could have killed him, but wondered why he didn't.
     
         

  21. #21
    Baws DigitalMonster's Avatar
    Status
    DigitalMonster is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    That is correct.
     
         

  22. #22
    Juubi HamzaVeli's Avatar
    Status
    HamzaVeli is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Dont Be Shy"
     

    Re: Itachi Respect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMonster View Post
    Disclaimer: Nagato and [character] are ''stronger'' than Itachi. Please don't one-star my thread.


    Base Itachi

    In a battle of minds, Itachi is unlikely to be outsmarted. With Sharingan insight and hailed as a prodigy that scored a 5 in intelligence, only someone with Shikamaru-level intellect and a Sharingan should be able to outsmart him, and Itachi should intellectually outperform or stalemate most others.The analysis made took a page,just a page.Despite getting to know a ''new'' dojutsu.Much, much better if you compare this with Sennin Mode Naruto vs Pain.

    In terms of stamina: Itachi, while not diseased, is closer to Taka Sasuke, or perhaps his superior chakra control makes it seem so. When 17, he used some basic ninjutsu and genjutsu before splitting his chakra with an exploding bunshin, maintained a mind-control genjutsu on a girl, used Tsukuyomi twice, and Amaterasu once. He was fatigued at the end of the day, but nowhere near this condition in a time when Kakashi could only use 4 raitons in a day. Kisame knew he could have kept fighting if he wanted. Nevertheless, without using his three exhausting dōjutsu, his stamina is arguably a non-issue, even when sick.

    In the field of genjutsu, Itachi can trick even visual-based geniuses in to suicide, and even combines throwing shuriken at enemy faces with his paralyzing illusions. If you know to avoid his eyes, he can put ninja under realistic genjutsu with a finger for several seconds until you realize it's an illusion. He can incapacitate genius genjutsu masters with torture illusions, can reflect even genjutsu masters' illusions, and can take control of multiple people from range. He can use crows to cast Sharingan genjutsu or deliver power.He is said to be able to control the Fox, which the databook states is the same power Sasuke used to control Manda.

    When considering Itachi's ninjutsu, note that if you don’t have special training or powers like being a perfect jinchūriki, then you need to avoid his eyes and fingers for safety, making Itachi's ninjutsu nearly impossible to anticipate for most. Perhaps when utilizing Karasu bunshin faster than Hebi Sasuke could see, Itachi can overwhelm most individuals with very fast and very powerful fire releases. On water, he can surround ninja in drills including enemy blindspots so quickly that Kakashi, with a 4.5 in speed and a Sharingan, needed his 360° shield to block. Itachi can also throw up shields, which he used to block his exploding bunshin. Plus, to evade the exploding bunshin trick, you likely need a dōjutsu to see the internal chakra.

    Similarly, when considering Itachi's taijutsu, remember that if you don’t have special training or powers like being a perfect jinchūriki, then you need to avoid his eyes and fingers for safety, making Itachi's taijutsu nearly impossible to anticipate for most. Itachi is fast enough to blitz Sharingan precognition and is sufficiently fast that he warned Killer Bee of his movements, with Killer Bee being one of the fastest characters in the manga. His taijutsu skill is also highly developed with his Sharingan precognition, as he engaged Naruto in taijutsu and then avoided Bee striking him from behind. Itachi's weapon skills are so advanced that Hebi Sasuke needed to summon weapons directly to his hands just to keep up, and Itachi even hurt Killer Bee with them. Itachi's hands are fast enough with these shuriken that ninja without top tier reflexes would believe that he's calmly holding shuriken while actually forming jutsu.

    Mangekyō Sharingan

    While the Mangekyō Sharingan makes all Sharingan genjutsu more powerful, Itachi perfected a special technique to break down an individual's mind in an instant. The potency of Tsukuyomi is dependent on the extent of time-manipulation, but Kisame was surprised that Kakashi was still alive, and Zetsu assumed that it made the victim unable to move. Naruto said that being hit by Tsukuyomi would finish off even Bee, someone with incredible durability and otherwise genjutsu-immunity. For most, looking at Itachi's eyes is an automatic loss. However:

    If you don't look at his eyes, then reacting to Amaterasu is nearly impossible, because even the Raikage was tipped off by looking at Sasuke's eyes. Moreover, the Raikage spent time building bijuu sized chakra for his mega shunshin, which both Karin and C noted, but Itachi can activate Amaterasu mid-sprint while 5 meters away in a short amount of time. The heat of Itachi's Amaterasu was hot enough to burn extremely fire-resistant flesh: firebreathing toad innards and Sasuke's fire-blocking wing. Naruto also said this technique could potentially end Bee. However, this is not Itachi's ultimate jutsu.

    Susano'o is not primarily defensive. The databook first and foremost hypes the perfect flawlessness in offense that surpasses Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi.The Susano'o possesses a jutsu which is said to be comparable to FRS and Tailed Beast Bomb. and it was arguably fast enough to catch Orochimaru by surprise between words despite being focused on. Kakashi and Danzō each had to use seal-less jutsu to deflect Susano'o attacks from 20+ meters away, and Sasuke hadn't even attained Itachi's level of Susano'o at the time. His Susano'o is among the best defensive jutsu in the manga, changing nature and shape to allegedly counter any jutsu, and Itachi showed that he can activate Susano'o in an instant for defense and thus offense.


    Link.
    Ur good Bro - - keep up that good work - and make a respect minato thread - - loool
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •