Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Manchester United 8 - 2 Arsenal WOW!

I am a Man United fan and wow, what a match but poor Arsene Wenger! Time for him to go or does he get a bit more time?

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Manchester United 8 - 2 Arsenal WOW!

WAYNE ROONEY:D It was an awsome match

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

soccer? nah, give me UFC

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Damn, I was about to make the thread. Woot, give me a sec, I'll edit this post.

Hurray for Manchester United!

EDIT: Well, most video are blocked by YT for now due to the topic being hot. I'll post some in some time.

Okay, break-downed analysis. Can't really go too much into wasted opportunities when we got 10 goals in a match. (NOTE: If you count it by region-wise, it's Manchester 13 - 3 London :D)

Well, after good presence and domination, Welbeck opened the score.
    Then, after a fantastic dive by Walcott - which bluffed Webb and made the likes of Alves, Busquets, Di maria looks like football saints - Arsenal got a penalty.

Result: A half-baked penalty by Van Persie and a crucial save by De Gea which atleast has the merits to silence all critics.
    This awaken the beast mode in ManU and the first to express himself was Young with a wonderful shot that curled into the goal of Sczeny.

Then came the bad news for the omnipresent-till-now Welbeck that on a run seemed to sustain a sudden hamstring injury. Substituted immediate by Chicharito.

Arsenal will try some mere tries and possessions before Rooney curled a magnificent free-kick. Rooney show began officially in the match though it was thumped before half-time a bit by Walcott's goal.

Second-half and many opportunities for United. 1 missed due to power and lucidity by Cleverley and an unexplainable miss by Nani who clearly had to put the ball inside literally as he was so close near the post. Seeing the wastage of his passes and the disillusionary finish, Rooney showed the path by re-opening his manual of "How to put Goals" with another superb free-kick.

United's rampage was evident and 3 minutes later, Rooney made a fantastic assist to Nani that he better not miss this miss after the glares of Rooney towards him earlier. The Portuguese did that fantastically with a mix of faint-lob and made the score 5-1 (if I'm still counting right ). He was substituted immediately after along with Anderson (Giggs and Park J.S IN)

Rooney continues his way with a wonderful chip (that clearly deserved to be in for the beauty of the skill) that ends on the post-bar but the action continued and then came an assist by Young to Park which coolly made it to 6-1.

Van Persie will make it to 6-2 after a bit confusion following Jones' "clearance".

But Sir Rooney is still here. A wonderful long pass to Hernandez and he's stopped with a foul by Jenkinson and thus red-carded. His free-kick nearly finished into the goal net but nevertheless, after Evra gain a penalty for United, Rooney clearly get what he wanted - a hattrick! (which the commentator pointed out that it was some record scoring for Rooney and United or whatever cause' I did not follow it)

Ashley Young at 90' will make it to 8-2 for Manchester United following an assist by the man who tears Arsenal apart since 1992 - Ryan Giggs. This makes it for 2 goals, 1 assist and 2 successful free-kicks caused by Young btw.

Epic and fashionable win for ManU over Arsenal so. Didn't wanted it to painfully hurt that much for Arsenal (whose 3 major departures clearly as I said earlier on hurt too much). I must admit that after 6-2, I wanted ManU to net 2 more so that they can pass forward to by Goal Average. On the ranking, it's ManU ahead (9 Pts) over City ( 9 Pts ) and Liverpool and Chelsea (7 Pts each). Which could end like that possibly at the end of the season.

Last edited by Escorpiius; 08-28-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Morteus View Post
    soccer? nah, give me UFC
    Okay, if you wish ...

Take that!

Seriously...

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's always been a lot of
    tension between Lois and me,
    and it's not so much that I
    want to kill her, it's just, I
    want her not to be alive
    anymore.' - Stewie Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Damn, I was about to make the thread. Woot, give me a sec, I'll edit this post.

Hurray for Manchester United!

EDIT: Well, most video are blocked by YT for now due to the topic being hot. I'll post some in some time.

Okay, break-downed analysis. Can't really go too much into wasted opportunities when we got 10 goals in a match. (NOTE: If you count it by region-wise, it's Manchester 13 - 3 London :D)

Well, after good presence and domination, Welbeck opened the score.
    Then, after a fantastic dive by Walcott - which bluffed Webb and made the likes of Alves, Busquets, Di maria looks like football saints - Arsenal got a penalty.

Result: A half-baked penalty by Van Persie and a crucial save by De Gea which atleast has the merits to silence all critics.
    This awaken the beast mode in ManU and the first to express himself was Young with a wonderful shot that curled into the goal of Sczeny.

Then came the bad news for the omnipresent-till-now Welbeck that on a run seemed to sustain a sudden hamstring injury. Substituted immediate by Chicharito.

Arsenal will try some mere tries and possessions before Rooney curled a magnificent free-kick. Rooney show began officially in the match though it was thumped before half-time a bit by Walcott's goal.

Second-half and many opportunities for United. 1 missed due to power and lucidity by Cleverley and an unexplainable miss by Nani who clearly had to put the ball inside literally as he was so close near the post. Seeing the wastage of his passes and the disillusionary finish, Rooney showed the path by re-opening his manual of "How to put Goals" with another superb free-kick.

United's rampage was evident and 3 minutes later, Rooney made a fantastic assist to Nani that he better not miss this miss after the glares of Rooney towards him earlier. The Portuguese did that fantastically with a mix of faint-lob and made the score 5-1 (if I'm still counting right ). He was substituted immediately after along with Anderson (Giggs and Park J.S IN)

Rooney continues his way with a wonderful chip (that clearly deserved to be in for the beauty of the skill) that ends on the post-bar but the action continued and then came an assist by Young to Park which coolly made it to 6-1.

Van Persie will make it to 6-2 after a bit confusion following Jones' "clearance".

But Sir Rooney is still here. A wonderful long pass to Hernandez and he's stopped with a foul by Jenkinson and thus red-carded. His free-kick nearly finished into the goal net but nevertheless, after Evra gain a penalty for United, Rooney clearly get what he wanted - a hattrick! (which the commentator pointed out that it was some record scoring for Rooney and United or whatever cause' I did not follow it)

Ashley Young at 90' will make it to 8-2 for Manchester United following an assist by the man who tears Arsenal apart since 1992 - Ryan Giggs. This makes it for 2 goals, 1 assist and 2 successful free-kicks caused by Young btw.

Epic and fashionable win for ManU over Arsenal so. Didn't wanted it to painfully hurt that much for Arsenal (whose 3 major departures clearly as I said earlier on hurt too much). I must admit that after 6-2, I wanted ManU to net 2 more so that they can pass forward to by Goal Average. On the ranking, it's ManU ahead (9 Pts) over City ( 9 Pts ) and Liverpool and Chelsea (7 Pts each). Which could end like that possibly at the end of the season.
    De Gea did excellent with the penalty save and the double save. Only thing was those two other goals. The one that went through his legs was a bad one.

lol I noticed those glares from Rooney too! I was laughing at the time. Rooney two amazing free kicks curled right in the corner. Great assits and crosses, this guy is scoring every game he plays now.

Cleverley is one tough player that doesn't whine when he ACTUALLY gets hurt. He's progressing well. Just needs to work on his scoring.

Ah and Ashley Young, this guy was absolutely brilliant, deadly crosses and killer finishes.

GLORY MAN UNITED!!

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

what would you expect? wenger just lost 2 of his best players, Fabregas and Nasri, that´s it, they will get up, at least i hope so because i always liked arsenal and wenger is very good coach, but as i said, let´s not forget that 2 biggest team players (i mean most of the time they pass, not shoot and they pass very well) so what would you expect?

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Didn't know what topic to replay at, so since I'm in this was the thread, I'll respond here.

No doubt that Man U has played an understanding game, I personally believed these clubs like Tottenham and Arsenal would have taken advantage of Man U injuries and been able to pull a win or at least a draw but the determination Sir Alex has put into his team they have come out explosive. I only fear when the likes of Vidic, Hernandez (full recovered), Rio, Smalling, and etc come back from injury how much stronger Man U will become. It's good to see that some bench/academy players are getting time to play, as they are getting a chance to prove themselves.

It was an interesting game to watch all tho a heart break for all Arsenal Players/coach/staff/fans. The loss of Cesc, Nasri, and Clichy has put Arsenal in a tough spot. It's funny to see Cesc, Nasri and Clichy already putting in some great work with there new clubs and already winning but Arsenal on the other hand is suffering and maybe the end for Wenger all tho I hope not. Wenger is an amazing coach in my eyes. I believe Van Persie and others maybe leaving next transfer or year, depending on how the club proceeds.

Arsenal will have a tough time in CL right now, IMO they can but I believe will have trouble making it out of group stage. Wenger needs to sign some new players and fast or at least needs it hang in for all competition till next transfer and getting others to join.

In a quick note I think we will see Arsenal finish between 5-7 this year and hopefully end up in Europa league, but we will see Liverpool taking there place from here on out, as they have a much more promising squad.

Da Gea played very well especially with the PK and it gave him motivation all tho I thought the goal thru his legs was played quite careless by him. Da Gae will be the future Spain national squad number one GK pick. It's shocking that he is only 20 and his second season professional he already pretty much starter for Man U. He will have his ups and down for this season but will only improve and learn from mistakes. Madrid and Barcelona will be after him in 2-3 years

Last edited by ReLax -; 08-29-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Infact i was like this O.O when i saw the rezults. Sure Man U is a good team, but 8-2...is ...
    INPOSSIBLE!! And, i'm not a Man U fan! But Arsenal lost 2 very good players...that's beacause Arsenal lost 8-2!

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mig J.J. Quiksilver~ View Post
    what would you expect? wenger just lost 2 of his best players, Fabregas and Nasri, that´s it, they will get up, at least i hope so because i always liked arsenal and wenger is very good coach, but as i said, let´s not forget that 2 biggest team players (i mean most of the time they pass, not shoot and they pass very well) so what would you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by -God of War- View Post
    Infact i was like this O.O when i saw the rezults. Sure Man U is a good team, but 8-2...is ...
    INPOSSIBLE!! And, i'm not a Man U fan! But Arsenal lost 2 very good players...that's beacause Arsenal lost 8-2!
    I agree that Arsenal lost 2 players by by NO MEANS, and I meant it, you expect a great club like Arsenal to take 8 goals. The explanation besides this humiliation is far more greater that the loss of 2 key players. It's beyond that.
    There's a whole philosophy, mentality and legacy that's clearly bugging ever since the loss in Carling Cup final in Febuary (even if at that time, Nasri and Fab were still here).

http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...91&postcount=5

Quote Originally Posted by ReLax - View Post
    Didn't know what topic to replay at, so since I'm in this was the thread, I'll respond here.

No doubt that Man U has played an understanding game, I personally believed these clubs like Tottenham and Arsenal would have taken advantage of Man U injuries and been able to pull a win or at least a draw but the determination Sir Alex has put into his team they have come out explosive. I only fear when the likes of Vidic, Hernandez (full recovered), Rio, Smalling, and etc come back from injury how much stronger Man U will become. It's good to see that some bench/academy players are getting time to play, as they are getting a chance to prove themselves.

It was an interesting game to watch all tho a heart break for all Arsenal Players/coach/staff/fans. The loss of Cesc, Nasri, and Clichy has put Arsenal in a tough spot. It's funny to see Cesc, Nasri and Clichy already putting in some great work with there new clubs and already winning but Arsenal on the other hand is suffering and maybe the end for Wenger all tho I hope not. Wenger is an amazing coach in my eyes. I believe Van Persie and others maybe leaving next transfer or year, depending on how the club proceeds.

Arsenal will have a tough time in CL right now, IMO they can but I believe will have trouble making it out of group stage. Wenger needs to sign some new players and fast or at least needs it hang in for all competition till next transfer and getting others to join.

In a quick note I think we will see Arsenal finish between 5-7 this year and hopefully end up in Europa league, but we will see Liverpool taking there place from here on out, as they have a much more promising squad.

Da Gea played very well especially with the PK and it gave him motivation all tho I thought the goal thru his legs was played quite careless by him. Da Gae will be the future Spain national squad number one GK pick. It's shocking that he is only 20 and his second season professional he already pretty much starter for Man U. He will have his ups and down for this season but will only improve and learn from mistakes. Madrid and Barcelona will be after him in 2-3 years
    Well, no one could have predict something like this for both Arsenal and Tottenham. Even if before the match, you say gleefully that they're gonna be demolished ect..., you can't foreseen an 8-2. I wonder if they are still classified as sub-players after this - especially Cleverley and Smalling. As for the injuries, even I'm wondering what'll do with them. Till now, Berbatov is still on the bench for now, Vidic-Fletcher-Valencia (and now Welbeck) injured. My second-thoughts if we really needs Sneijder was rather right.

I also, like I said in that other thread's post that this doesn't mean a pink slip for Wenger. I also loved his coaching style but there's not something wrong but rather many things wrong and that's fact. Blaming a whole match on whole condition of a team on lack of 2 players or lack of signings is too vague as there's much more to it.

Like I said also earlier, the CL group phases will be tough for Arsenal definitely. I wonder what to think of Arsenal right now frankly. Even a final places in the league is hard to predict but I don't see them in Top4 definitely.

Yeah, I know, he was a bit faulty with Walcott's goal but I think it's the static defence of ManU between 40-48 minutes that lead to that goal. They didn't really knew what to do as they were not expecting to be so dominant before half-time perhaps. Nevertheless, it was clear how they mentally got all things right (nearly) in second half. Madrid won 6-0 if I heard it correctly, right?
    I don't see De Gea going from ManU for a long time if he really makes some big saves in important matches.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i believe wining against ars was not hard for manu at all ars club is not going to perform well this season everyone knws tht
    so no need of celebrations right now :D
    if manu wins against chelsea then u may celebrate as tht match will prove which is the stronger side

C.Ronaldo Fever

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Toruk-Makto View Post
    i believe wining against ars was not hard for manu at all ars club is not going to perform well this season everyone knws tht
    so no need of celebrations right now :D
    if manu wins against chelsea then u may celebrate as tht match will prove which is the stronger side

C.Ronaldo Fever
    Oh, really , Chelsea is considered as strong even if in England, while no one expect them to be 2nd or 1st this year in EPL. Anyways, ManU is playing Bolton and Chelsea next. I'm clear on ManU since the start of the season. If they wins atleast 25 points on the 10 First Matches, they'll become the main favorites for the title.

I'm pretty confident against Chelsea frankly speaking and I'm sure ManU will win it in confident as they did during the last 3 match against the Blues. The top dog is EPL is Manchester City. Accept it or not.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oh, really , Chelsea is considered as strong even if in England, while no one expect them to be 2nd or 1st this year in EPL. Anyways, ManU is playing Bolton and Chelsea next. I'm clear on ManU since the start of the season. If they wins atleast 25 points on the 10 First Matches, they'll become the main favorites for the title.

I'm pretty confident against Chelsea frankly speaking and I'm sure ManU will win it in confident as they did during the last 3 match against the Blues. The top dog is EPL is Manchester City. Accept it or not.

well i m not a fan of manu . I m a madrid fan ,

yea man city dam forgot abt them Sergio Agüero will shine /:P

any way good luck to u on ur manu

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

man city could start finally playing something, i mean they got A LOT of awesome players, but they didn´t do really anything lately, now it should be better with AWESOME player like aguero, well, i am a bit off of transfers which happened this holidays, can anyone fill me up a bit? i know only about fabregas, nasri and clichy, and aguero, but i think that´s all i know about, anyone want to tell me what other big clubs bought players?

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Toruk-Makto View Post
    well i m not a fan of manu . I m a madrid fan ,

yea man city dam forgot abt them Sergio Agüero will shine /:P

any way good luck to u on ur manu
    Don't get arrogant. Right now, Madrid won't have been even as near to Barcelona in Liga without ManU and SAF.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Damn you blind, can't you see me standing in front of you!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Amazing Curving free kicks from Roooooney...!!!

i was on my toes seeing the Devils outshining the Gunners.....

Well i guess ManC is the only threat to the devils this season.... they got some serious stuff players like Tevez, Silva, Augero, Dzecko, Balotelli, Nasri, Yaya toure, etc....
    they do have a hell a lot of players....

Last edited by ~Elixir~; 08-29-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

man city could start finally playing something, i mean they got A LOT of awesome players, but they didn´t do really anything lately, now it should be better with AWESOME player like aguero, well, i am a bit off of transfers which happened this holidays, can anyone fill me up a bit? i know only about fabregas, nasri and clichy, and aguero, but i think that´s all i know about, anyone want to tell me what other big clubs bought players?
    Man. City's squad is perhaps the most OP'd one along with Madrid and Barcelona.

Transfer:

Fabregas (from Arsenal to Barcelona)
    Nasri and Clichy (from Arsenal to Man.City)
    Eto'o (from Inter to Anzhi)
    Sergio Aguero (from Athletico Madrid to Man.City)
    Alexis Sanchez (from Udinese to Barcelona)
    Adebayor (from Man.City to Tottenham on LOAN)
    Pandev (from Inter to Napoli on LOAN)
    Forlan (from Athletico Madrid to Inter on LOAN)
    Alberto Aquilani (from Liverpool to Milan AC on LOAN)
    Ashley Young (from Aston Villa to Manchester United)
    David De Gea (from Athletico Madrid to Manchester United)
    Juan Mata (from Valencia to Chelsea)
    Fabio Contrerao (from Benfica to Real Madrid)
    Kryrgakios (from Liverpool to Wolfsbourg)
    Eboue (from Arsenal to Galatasaray)
    Yuri Zhirkov (from Chelsea to Anzhi)
    Stekelenburg (from Ajax to AS Roma)
    Mirko Vučinić (from AS Roma to Juventus)
    Heinze (from Marseille to AS Roma)
    Bojan (from Barcelona to AS Roma)
    Doni (from AS Roma to Liverpool)
    Jonathan (from Santos to Inter)
    Gervinho (from Lille to Arsenal)
    Charlie Adam (from Blackpool to Liverpool)
    Wes Brown and John O'Shea (from Manchester United to Sunderland)

That's it for the main transfers I think (except if I miss one or tow)

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

interesting, looks like AS Roma got some nice players, YET they lost doni and WOW, ajax let go stekelenburg, valencia became VERY weak and what about Reina, is he still in liverpool? i guess he now has rival for Number 1 goalkeeper

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elixir~ View Post
    Amazing Curving free kicks from Roooooney...!!!

i was on my toes seeing the Devils outshining the Gunners.....

Well i guess ManC is the only threat to the devils this season.... they got some serious stuff players like Tevez, Silva, Augero, Dzecko, Balotelli, Nasri, Yaya toure, etc....
    they do have a hell a lot of players....
    Finally, someone with whom I agree mostly completely with on this thread.

interesting, looks like AS Roma got some nice players, YET they lost doni and WOW, ajax let go stekelenburg, valencia became VERY weak and what about Reina, is he still in liverpool? i guess he now has rival for Number 1 goalkeeper
    Well, AS Roma is trying to become a team that atleast can bring p a decent fight against Milan AC which is the top team in Italy right now. Inter with its financial crisis and Juventus with its still aging team cannot really become the rivals for Milan Ac.

Valencia was going to be weak right after the departure of Villa. It was announced like beforehand.

Arsenal bought lots of players in this season but apart Gervinho, they are all guys from academy schools of different teams. They need a top talent to replace Fab and Nasri.

Yeah, Reina is still here but Doni made quite some errors last season, so his departure is justified.

As for Stekelenburg, Manchester hesitated a lot with him and De Gea but I think that since they are betting on youngsters, the choice went to obviously De Gea. So his transfer from Ajax isn't really a surprise.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Finally, someone with whom I agree mostly completely with on this thread.
    Well thanks but I'm a ManU fan, so what else one can expect.....:D

Well, AS Roma is trying to become a team that atleast can bring p a decent fight against Milan AC which is the top team in Italy right now. Inter with its financial crisis and Juventus with its still aging team cannot really become the rivals for Milan Ac.
    Well I wouldnt say Milan is the top team in italy but they surely do have no.1 title as the other teams arent able to perform as they have..
    As for Inter they lacked a stable manager last season due to Mourinho gone to Madrid...

Valencia was going to be weak right after the departure of Villa. It was announced like beforehand.

Arsenal bought lots of players in this season but apart Gervinho, they are all guys from academy schools of different teams. They need a top talent to replace Fab and Nasri.

Yeah, Reina is still here but Doni made quite some errors last season, so his departure is justified.

As for Stekelenburg, Manchester hesitated a lot with him and De Gea but I think that since they are betting on youngsters, the choice went to obviously De Gea. So his transfer from Ajax isn't really a surprise.
    As for the rest i do completely agree with you...!!

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Don't get arrogant. Right now, Madrid won't have been even as near to Barcelona in Liga without ManU and SAF.

well hope for the best

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elixir~ View Post
    Well I wouldnt say Milan is the top team in italy but they surely do have no.1 title as the other teams arent able to perform as they have..
    As for Inter they lacked a stable manager last season due to Mourinho gone to Madrid...
    Then who do you see as Italy's top club?
    Roma is in construction, Juventus is old literally, Fiorentina lost too many players. Inter??? Read this first and you'll understand why Inter cannot really be considered as the Top italian club.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Then who do you see as Italy's top club?
    Roma is in construction, Juventus is old literally, Fiorentina lost too many players. Inter??? Read this first and you'll understand why Inter cannot really be considered as the Top italian club.
    First of all I'm a Milan fan if only Italy is considered..

Actually i didnt say Milan isnt the top club, i did mentioned they have No.1 title last season....
    But it only happened because Mourinho left the club before last season...
    He truly was King Midas when he was at that club...
    I remember Inter wining the title when there were still 5 games to go (dont remember which season)

I mean at that time Milan were the same team (or one or two add-ons) they are now...

So its because of downfall of Inter, Milan could take their place and Zlatan, Robinho & Ronaldinho made it possible last season...

Last edited by ~Elixir~; 08-29-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOoooooo!!!!!! T_T

Yeah Awesome dattebayo

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanna get chocolate wasted
    :3

OMG!!! I'm still high off that match. Pity for Arsenal I always liked them but GLORY GLORY GLORY!! Man United!!!

Red Devils FTW!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»