Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It’is undivided, but
    exists in all divided things
    as if it has been divided; it
    is also the sustainer of all
    things, as it is also their
    absorber and also their
    creator. "

Re: Does the base have to go crazy over a character after each release?

Quote Originally Posted by leafeater View Post
    Don't sweat it, I'm inured to the manga section at the moment myself. While I'm a strong advocate of free speech here, I also believe in people exercising restraint and making non-redundant threads with legitimate content.

These days it seems that the requirement for a thread is to simply to contain text rather than for it to be novel, cogent, and contain non-redundant information found in other existing threads.

Anyway, you're not alone...

Peace

A lot of this also has to do with those Kumis and rep and fun of making new threads regardless of the fact that there are already nth threads over the topic.. Some new members just want to increase their post count too fast and don't care how they do it- making repeated arguments/random /useless/Idk posts in between the threads..

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well the 3rd Raikage did tank a Rasen shuriken which nobody thus far in the manga could do. So when Kishi trolls like this we have no choice but to say WTF Kishi or just admit that this is kishi's manga and right now the 3rd Raikage is one of the strongest we have seen thus far. So blame Kishi and not the fans reacting.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-Eyes View Post
    Next week's title:

"Third Raikage is weak/ Mizukage is the strongest."

I'm calling it.
    Nope, next week.

"Naruto will own everyone now!"

Then something like...

"OMFG, Kabuto's trump card is so...awesome"

then...

"Sassuuukee"

and it will keep going on.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTDogg220 View Post
    550 - Nagato is the god of shinobi
    551 - Itachi is the strongest ever
    552 - Itachi is wise and powerful
    553 - Muu sucks & Raikage is tough
    554 - 3rd Raikage is the real God of shinobi

Every week we run all over and celebrate over this weeks hottest character. Can we just try to look reasonably at each weeks hot character and not over or under hype them? I'm partially guilty here too, but seriously lets stay off or on our normal bandwagons and stop going crazy each week.
    I just said the same thing on an other thread just now. So let's get it straight, first the reason this trend will keep occurring is

- That Kishi tends to OP'd his characters but only for one chapter or two.
    - There are few fans of Naruto on the base and more crazed fanboys/fangirls.

Now, this trend obviously sucks but it's kinda bound to keep occurring (for the reasons I stated above).
    We should get it right and rather take it as a joke now.

On a positive note of this, well, the hype that other characters got in last chapters decreased considerably with a new release, so it's temporary.
    If a particular hype on a particular character f**k up your mindset, rest assured that it will not last more than 1-3 weeks.

And your list is only restricted to the ;last few chapters while this has been going on like almost forever. Most of you are new to the base, so you'll take time to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReLax - View Post
    Agreed.

But sadly there is more to come.

2nd Mizukage, Sasuke, Naruto, Tobi, Kabuto and so on.
    Bingo!

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Raikage will lose to a tailed beast bomb or more from a Kyubii mode Naruto. 3rd Raikage will be hyped and known as one of the strongest in the manga even after he dies in the next few chapters. Kishi has made it so nobody so far we have seen can endure a Rasen Shuriken so when somebody finally does of course its going to get hyped. You guys are going overboard anyways. When Hanzo fought or the tailed beast brothers fought I don't remember people saying they were in the ranks of Madara just because its the latest chapter. 3rd Raikage has proven to be one of the strongest and people are reacting to that.

Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthatnecessary View Post
    A lot of this also has to do with those Kumis and rep and fun of making new threads regardless of the fact that there are already nth threads over the topic.. Some new members just want to increase their post count too fast and don't care how they do it- making repeated arguments/random /useless/Idk posts in between the threads..
    Too true, too true... I read a thread yesterday that was an incomplete sentence about "Naruto (or some other character) being awesome and then ..." That's a thought not a freaking thread. I would like the moderators to establish criteria for these threads and remove them, and begin merging threads each week early on that share the same theme so 5 threads of "The 3rd Raikage is the greatest" creates become one, where people just use a thesaurus or reword the title.

People from August have over 1,000 posts, but what kind of content do they all contain? The only thing I've every spent Kumi on is donating it all (probably 5,000+) at one point when I took a break from NB to my main friends. It's useless. Unless, I can translate it into dollar bills, or online graphics or something. Money is and always will be a means to an end. There is no end, currently, for Kumi as donating simply maintains circulation. Green bars are nice and all, but I know that no one has ever agreed with my argument because of them or repped me for them. Perhaps people have listened where they might otherwise have not have. I think that's about it though. Honestly, I'm not sure, I filter based on content and people I recognize as legitimate posters.

-Nice points, they provide excellent insight and help complete this thread. I'd rep you if I could, but I need to spread. :shrug:
    Of course, that means I need to do semi-random repping (I no longer random rep, to try to discourage this. Nor do I rep new members making new threads for this reason any longer, sorry but greedy people ruined it.

Peace.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12