- Name: Dead Demon Consuming Seal (屍鬼封尽, Shiki Fūjin; English TV "Sealing Jutsu: Reaper Death Seal")
- Type: Kinjutsu, S-rank, Offensive, Short range (0-5m)
- Users: Minato Namikaze, Hiruzen Sarutobi
- Hand Seals: Snake, Boar, Ram, Rabbit, Dog, Rat, Bird, Horse, Snake, Clap Hand
- Debut (Anime): Naruto Episode 72
- Debut (Manga): Chapter 123
This seal invokes the powers of the death god (shinigami). Once called upon, the death god hovers behind the user and inserts its arm into their soul. At this stage only the user can see the death god. To perform the seal the user need only grasp the target. The death god's arm extends from their chest and grabs the soul of the target, immobilizing them and allowing them to see the death god as well. Soon after the sealing is completed the death god consumes the user's soul, sentencing them to an eternity of battle in its stomach. A swirl-pattern is left on the stomachs of those that have had something sealed within them using this jutsu.
The Dead Demon Consuming Seal has served different purposes during each of its uses:
- Minato Namikaze used it to seal the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox into Naruto Uzumaki. Before his soul was consumed Minato used the Eight Trigrams Sealing Styleand Four Symbols Seal to allow Naruto to tap into the fox's chakra reserves.
- Two shadow clones of Hiruzen Sarutobi sealed the souls of the Hashirama Senju and Tobirama Senju into their bodies. In this instance, the death god consumed the two Hokage's souls in addition to the souls of the shadow clones.
- Hiruzen Sarutobi attempted to seal Orochimaru's soul into his body, but was too weak to completely remove it. Instead, Hiruzen sealed off Orochimaru's arms by having the death god cut off the arms of Orochimaru's soul. Doing so left Orochimaru unable to use his arms to perform jutsu and left him in terrible pain due tonecrosis of his arms. He was only able to escape the effects of the seal by switching to a new body.