- Name: Shadow Neck Bind Technique (影首縛りの術, Kage Kubi Shibari no Jutsu; Viz "Suffocating Darkness", English TV "Shadow Strangle Jutsu"; English Games "Secret Leaf Technique: Shadow Strangle Jutsu")
- Type: Hiden, No rank, Offensive, Short to mid-range (0-10m)
- Users: Nara clan
- Hand seals: Dragon, Tiger, Rat
- Debut (Anime): Naruto Episode 79
- Debut (Manga): Chapter 137
After capturing an opponent with the Shadow Imitation Technique, the user can then further extend their shadow up to the target's throat in the shape of a hand, which chokes them to death. Also, if the Shadow Imitation Technique isn't making the opponent copy their movements, this can be used to bind opponent's body in order to restrain them. The closer the user is to their opponent, the tighter the strangle will become. This technique cannot be used for an extended period of time.