I've noticed that many people think that FTG and Rasengan combo is everything there is to Minato.
Heres a list of his abilities:
Confirmed by the Riakage Minato is the fastest characters/was the fastest until Naruto (if Naruto does not yet have the FTG he is not yet as fast as Minato). His speed isn't only FTG his raw speed is amazing as well:
With such speed come:
- extreme reflexes and reaction time (not just in your body but in your brain too, faster thinking)
- adjusted eyes (if hie eyes arent adjusted to see such speed he would just crush into a tree or something, and that is a speed even the Sharingan has hard time keeping up)
- better avoidance (in this case almost impossible to hit) = very good defense (why protect from a hit if you can avoid the blow all together)
- better offense (as seen in the FTG Rasengan combo, but that is not the only combo possible)
Speed amplifies his TAIJUTSU, style matters less than speed (since him fight with such speed makes most other ppl seem very slow) and his strength isn't to be underestimated either (he almost cut off a Hachibi tentacle with a Kunai).
- Rasengan (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Rasengan) an A lvl technique that is extremely useful as it can be conjured fast due to no needed hand seals, by many now thought a weak and overused technique but keep in mind how few are able to use it and it is enough to at least seriously injure someone
- Summonig Jutsu (Toad - we have only seen him summon Gamabunta but the question by Gamakichi (''Pa' doesent he remind you of those two?'') directed towards Fukasaku IMO implies that he was ale to summon Fukasaku and Shima and may even (only) imply to SM by Fukasaku saying ''he surpassed his predecessors (in SM)'' and another fact that may imply (still only imply so dont flame me) SM is that he was the child oh prophecy)
- The Strong Barrier he put when fighting the Kyubi so that no one NOT EVEN Hiruzen would interfere!
- The sensoring tech where he puts his finger on the ground to see the presence of his enemies
Also he at least has one element (however I think he had 2 due to his last name Namikaze = water + wind and names/other traits implying things is a big thing in Naruto). And since he is the creator of Rasengan that means he had extreme chakra control (keep in mind that learning is a big difference than creating). His reserves of chakra (judging on what everything he did against Madara and still sealed the Fox with such complicated seals)
Element control + this level of chakra control + enough chakra would usually result in A or even S level elemental techniques! (for comparison: those big ass techs from Kakuzu were B level)
Hea learned Fuinjutsu from Kushina from Uzumaki Clan- the strongest users of Fuinjutsu (style for which foreign countries have come to fear them so much they destroyed them) and he improved many of them.
- Dead Demon Consuming Seal (S rank Fuinjutsu CREATED by Minato http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Demon_Consuming_Seal the fact that it was Hiruzens last resort towards Orochimaru also tells us a lot)
- Eight Trigrams Sealing Style (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_T..._Sealing_Style admired by Bee and is a seal that allows Naruto to ''use'' the fox and we dont yet know all its secrets, considering the key ...)
- Four Symbols Seal (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Four_Symbols_Seal)
- Contract Seal (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Contract_Seal)
Originally Posted by NarutoWiki
Minato was a genius, he was able to deduce the facts about Madara almost instantly and make plans for the future. He had great prowess at creating techniques, also he is able to analyse a technique in seconds (madaras warping technique, Kakashis Chidori ...)
Minato was praised by many top shinobi so far: Hiruzen (of the Hokage he was the most affraid of Minato even if his old masters (1st and 2nd) aside from their strength also had big mental effect on their student), he was praised by Raikage (recently ... im assuming you still remember), Tsuande and Jiraiya (saying there will never again be one like him), by Kakashi ofc, Naruto where he names the Hokage and finishes with saying ''but the fourth was the greatest of them all'' (something like that) - while looking into the Hokage rock and thinking about his dream, The toads thought of him as the 2nd child of prophecy and that means replacing the kid with the Rinnegan, ...