Re: Custom Elements Bureau
Custom element japanese name: Gura Gura
Custom element english name: Quakes (or Quake Release)
The element is based on: Chakra control and mastery of taijutsu/kenjutsu
Facts that prove the element to be possible (in the manga context):
The quakes are made by focusing chakra for example in your hands or feet, which every shinobi can do. However now the user makes the chakra vibrate at an excessive rate. When these vibrating quakes touch something that has a strong density, it gets completely destroyed by the force (shockwaves) these quakes generate. These quakes can be sent over long distances too. With other words they are some kind of shockwaves which are directly made and controlled by the user, while normally shockwaves are side effects of strong jutsu's and can't be controlled by him. They can also be called seismic shocks.
The difference with a normal shockwave is that a normal one just goes into certain directions (or circular, it depends as where it came from) and just blows things backwards. Quakes can also be used in that way, but they are made out of highely vibrating chakra which doesn't only blow them away, but completely destroys them. These quakes can even be seen like the air is cracking. The most distinctive feature is that quakes are more condensed and as a result attack a more limited, specific target while shockwaves just attack everything.
It has a lot of similarities with the Rasengan as that jutsu is also made by only using your chakra and shaping it into a certain form. The Rasengan did this by making it spin in a globe-shape, but these quakes are way more condensed. The result is that the Rasengan grinds things to dust in a civil way, while quakes completely obliterates them in a barbaric, brutal way.
Because it's normal chakra control (though on a high lvl), which every shinobi can use, and it's the same principle of the Rasengan it is possible in the manga.
The strength of these quakes/shockwaves are determined by how fast the user makes them vibrate. If the doesn't make them vibrate a lot, they become more like normal shockwaves, if he makes them vibrate a lot, they become real quakes. Though even when they're less quaked, instead of a normal shockwaves it's more like a web of quakes.
These quakes have three major uses: The first skill is a punch that literally cracks the air itself, making the chakra vibrate in (more or less) straight cracks, which makes it look like the air itself is cracking and sends devastating shock waves through the air in the direction it is facing. If the shock waves are directed into the ground, the result is a devastating earthquake which can break the field apart or in water capable of generating huge tsunamis. It can also be shot into different directions. Second is when the quakes are focused in one point, creating a relatively small hypocenter or "bubble" of excessive vibrating quakes. This is extremely useful in taijutsu as one touch is enough to break all the bones in a human body. Even though this is used in short range, by for example touching the ground and sending the quakes through it and then into the opponent who's in long range, the effect remain the same. They can also be transferred onto weapons by focusing chakra into the weapon and making the chakra vibrate, the results are the same. Third the quakes can be used to "grab" an entire area (or a volume of a liquid) and rapidly shift it using a wide-range quake. This way the battlefield could be altered.
Because it's nothing more than pure chakra control, just like the Rasengan, it requires no handseals. However because the chakra needs to be condensed and then needs to be vibrated, the time it normally would need for handseals is spend on that instead.
∞ An example of how this quakes look like when punching the air ∞
∞ Examples of when the quakes are focused in one point, creating a "bubble" ∞
∞ Examples when used to "grab" an area ∞
Idea behind its creation: In the manga One Piece there's something called a Devil's Fruit, which can give the person who eats it a special ability. Whitebeard ate the Gura Gura no Mi, which gave him the ability to generate quakes that were incredibly destructive and resulted in him being called "the strongst man in the world".
Conditions to be able to use it: Incredible good chakra control (kage rank) and a taijutsu/kenjutsu expert.
Is weak to:
Is strong against:
- Wind elements: air has a very loose structure, which makes it difficult to break a wind attack. Air is also the weakest medium of the quakes to go through (the denser a substance is, the better)
- Fire elements (normal, Sunfire, Hellfire etc.): something intangible as fire can't be "quaked"
- Vacuum Pressure: vacuums don't conduct shockwaves as they need a medium to go through.
- Dry ice in a gas state: the structure is to loose for quakes to work.
- Void: it's nothingness, so it can't be "quaked"
- Rubber: absorbs the impact
- Sound can't be quaked, also sound can travel reasonably fast through the air, while quakes aren't very good against air.
- Intangible elements: as the quakes do damage by breaking density, things that have no density can't be quaked for instance the Light-element.
- Earth and everything derived from it in a solid state: the stronger the density is of an element, the stronger the quakes will be amplified. This includes diamond, wood and lava. Lava is less denser than earth, but more denser than water, which is also weakness.
- All solid metals, also when they're in a more liquid state: gold, silver, steel etc.
- Ice and elements derived from it in a solid state, Dry Ice for example.
- Volumes of any kind of water or liquid: this can be called the tsunami-effect, the water will amplify the quakes and even rederict it at the opponent, just like a sea-quake causes a tsunami. This doesn't work on things like mist or rain, which is water but more widespread. This also goes for other liquids wich are similar to water.
Co-creators (if any): Emperor
Students I passed on this custom element: Kagutsuchi & Mugiwara
PS: In its most simplistc form it's strong against water/earth, weak against fire/wind and neutral against lightning, which makes this a pretty balanced element. Also it may seem quite destructive, however that's something that will be restricted in the jutsu's automatically. A quake jutsu that says it flips over an area the size of Konoha is never going to be approved, but that doesn't take away that the element is reasonable enough to be used on smaller scales.
P a t e n t C e r t i f i c a t e
I, Ragnaroc of the Custom Elements Bureau, by the power invested in me by Versuvio, Nexus, Zise and Rei, give you the following:
Caliburn, our loyal member, 02/09/2011 a request for a Patent on his custom element (Quakes);
after reading the submission, I decided that the submitted element satisfies all requirements, and am therefore giving his rightfully earned patent on this element by the following;
Powered by Nexus
Copyright 2011, Caliburn, NarutoBase.net