Re: Custom Elements Bureau
Custom element Japanese name: Hakkin
Custom element English name: Platinum Release
The element is based on: Fire + Earth + Advanced Chakra Control
Facts that prove the element to be possible (in the manga context):
________- What is Platinum?
Platinum is derived from the Latin word "platina" meaning "little silver"; it is a fairly abundant element in the Earth’s crust and is of a lustrous silvery-white colour. It is extremely hard, has the third highest density, behind osmium and iridium, is resistant to corrosion, has a high melting point and a stable crystalline structure. In fact, Platinum is as resistant to corrosion/oxidation as gold – it will not oxidize in air no matter how strongly it is heated. It should be noted that Platinum is well-known for its ability to resist corrosion i.e. never tarnishes, and retains its intense lustre over many years. Platinum compounds are also toxic and at times, carcinogenic – having the potential to cause several other health effects such as DNA alterations, allergic reactions of the skin and the mucous membrane, damage to organs and hearing damage. It is odourless, tasteless, and malleable.
The ultimate stability of platinum over the years is unmatched. It does not wear, and its extreme level of durability offers a profound guarantee of strength and longevity. And, as mentioned earlier, Platinum is resistant to corrosion/oxidation. This means that if Platinum is oxidated e.g. burnt or immerse in a flame, a thin protective surface layer will form i.e. due to passivation. This layer is very dense, and prevents the diffusion of oxygen into the underlying Platinum – this form of Platinum is also known to be stable against acids.
________- Summary of Properties:
- Melting Point: 2180 K (1907°C)
- Boiling Point: 4098 K (3825°C)
- Phase at Room Temperature: Solid
- Has a very shiny appearance
- Is very hard
- Is malleable
- Resistant to oxidation/corrosion
- Is toxic
________- How is it possible in the Narutoverse?
Now, how could someone create Platinum in the Naruto universe? Since it’s basically an advanced version of earth the ninja concentrates huge amounts of chakra and heat to apply extreme chakra pressure which compresses the earth. In the manga and the anime we have seen elements that also require this type of pressure. One example is Guren’s crystal element where she has to change normal earth into crystal. Another would be the dust element which also requires chakra pressure to compress the normally soft dust into large solid shapes. That is, we’ve seen a lot of variations of Earth in the Narutoverse (sand, lava, crystal, dust, steel, wood, etc.) and Platinum is no exception as it is also a variant of Earth. Further evidence for this statement, is if we consider the other CEs that were approved (such as diamond, aluminium, gold, tungsten, mercury, thermite or silver). All these approved elements can be classified as belonging to a similar, if not, the same family of elements - they are all composed of minerals.
With that being said (i.e. it’s similarities with other elements seen from the manga/NB), the things that set Platinum apart from its counterparts are its unique set of properties. As said, it is unusually hard and shiny, resistant to oxidation and toxic – properties not seen in other earth-based CEs such as gold, aluminium, carbon or diamond.
In general, Platinum can be categorised into a range of uses, based on its properties:
Platinum is usually used in its natural solid state but the user can use chakra control and their fire chakra to easily mould and break apart the solid Platinum to form a powdered form due to its malleable state. The use of powder-like substances in the manga can be seen with the use of iron sand, sand and gold dust. And much like iron sand and gold dust, one can manipulate Platinum’s dense solid form into powdered form, making it able to be used with varying effects and with great versatility.
- Taking advantage of its hardness and density: The most prominent use of it would be being able to create and manipulate Platinum into different forms akin how one would utilise their chakra to create earth jutsus and use shape manipulation to reform its shape to suit different purposes.
- Intense Lustre: Naturally Platinum exhibits an intense lustre, reflecting back most of the light that reaches the surface of the metal. Now, by using intense chakra control i.e. nature transformation, the user can alter the characteristics and properties of Platinum. In this case, the user will apply the advanced form of chakra control to enhance Platinum’s lustre. By doing so, the user creates a type of “mirror effect” on the metal’s surface allowing it to “amplify” and reflect more of the incoming light. This is the same concept as how snow reflects light which is due to the complex structure of snow crystals in the snow and gives the snow countless tiny surfaces from which visible light is efficiently reflected. The same thing is true for Platinum since, as mentioned earlier, it is also composed of a crystalline structure (part of the reason why it is so shiny) – so thus, the user can manipulate Platinum’s crystal structure in a way that creates much more surfaces for which incoming light can reflect from thereby creating a blindingly shiny metal.
- Toxicity: Platinum is innately toxic, capable of causing several changes in organism. Again, much like the manipulation and enhancement of Platinum’s lustre, the user can also use the same principle of advanced chakra control to manipulate and change Platinum to have specific toxicities, poisons or aromas i.e. to cause it to have some kind of disturbance/effect on organisms. Now, this can be used to serve purposes such as bodily damage/deterioration or to induce genjutsu or to enhance one’s body. To cause such a change in toxicity, the user uses advanced chakra control and also uses fire chakra to create different isotopes or variants of Platinum atoms (different number of neutrons) hence having an affect on it’s properties i.e. toxicity.
Idea behind its creation: The ideas behind this element were a combination of wanting to create a strong and versatile earth-based element but a unique one, one with peculiar properties. I was also inspired by a documentary I recently saw.
Conditions to be able to use it: Mastery of earth and fire elements, chakra control and large amounts of chakra.
Is weak to:
- In solid state: Diamond (It’s the hardest compound on Earth)
- In solid state: Advanced Lightning: Though it is conductive of electricity, Platinum can be destroyed by highly destructive advanced lightning elements.
- In powdered form: Wind - capable of being blown away.
- In powdered form: Water – capable of being washed away.
- Extremely hot elements: Advanced fire elements that increase the heat of fire can cause the metal to melt.
- Ice: While Platinum can break through ice easily, if its temperature is drastically lowered it can become brittle and breakable.
Is neutral to:
- Aluminium, Gold, Boron, Adamantine, Erbium and other similar elements.
- Regular fire (unless drastically enhanced by wind and/or oil)
Is strong against:
- In solid state: Water due to its strength, weight and density Platinum can move through water unhindered.
- In solid state: Advanced Water Elements - Same reasoning as normal water.
- In solid state: Earth - Being denser and harder than earth, Platinum can break through earth techniques.
- Lava: As lava’s hottest form is 1200°C much lower than Platinum’s melting point of 1907°C.
- Lightning: The metal is strong enough to endure the destructive power of lightning and can conduct electricity.
- Acid: As Platinum is known to be resistant to acidic solution due to passivation.
- Wood: As seen in the Enma fight with the 1st, Platinum a metal similar in hardness to Adamantine can withstand wood and destroy it.
Co-creators (if any): Scarface
Students I passed on this custom element: ? & ?
P a t e n t C e r t i f i c a t e
I, Nexus of the Custom Elements Bureau, by the power invested in me by Versuvio, Rei and Zise, give you the following:
RaptorJesus., our loyal member, gave on the date October 10th 2011 a request for a Patent on his custom element (Platinum Release); after reading the submission, I decided that the submitted element satisfies all requirements, and am therefore giving him his rightfully earned patent on this element by the following;
Powered by Nexus
Copyright © 2011, RaptorJesus., NarutoBase.net