Re: Naruto Manga Chapter 612 Discussion and 613 Predictions
lol, Shikaku told the Taijutsu users to engage Madara. Did they totally forget about Susanoo?
Well, it wasn't overwhelming, but it was a good chapter nonetheless. The allied forces fighting together clearly has its touch. Their performance was quite impressive, even though Kishimoto had to make Obito and Madara do nothing in order to actually give them a chance of demonstrating their powers. Furthermore, this seems to be the army's elite, the survivors; the useless, imbecile trash that we got to know during previous parts of the war was sorted out by Zetsu and Edo Tensei, in the end. No, here we have several Kekkei Genkai and high level Ninjutsu users. When I compare the amount of people people that were necessary to counter one of Madara's Katon moves to what these Shinobi just did, the size of that gap becomes obvious. Not just that their numbers were lower; the scale they used their techniques on was astounding, being able to house even the Juubi, who's several times as large as an ordinary Bijuu.
But no matter how impressive that combination was, Obito's and Madara's counterattack will be even more impressive.
- They have absolutely no idea of Madara's perfect Susanoo.
- The Juubi is evolving even further.
- They (and even we) don't know yet what Obito is truly capable of.
At the end of the day, they still won't stand a chance, that's why right now I'm even more curious on how they'll surive this intense encounter. Right now they're clinging, as Obito correctly states, to a hope that does not exist. I just hope that their hope will really be crushed; right now they seem too optimistic. Instead of a confident Naruto, there should be one in range, trambling of anger. And luckily, the more obvious the gap between Naruto's and Obito's intentions becomes, the more cold and arrogant he becomes again, and the more likely it seems. They're not many people anymore, so the chance of someone dear to Naruto being killed is considerably high. There's also still the news about the Kage's defeat that most Shinobi don't know about, yet; this might be especially interesting when it comes to Sakura learning about Tsunade. Chatte also made a nice theory about the resemblance between Obito/Rin and Naruto/Sakura, so something emotional might be happening here, too.
Other things I've noticed:
- Just how did the HQ find out Kamui's five minutes limit? Konan was the only one to force him beyond that limit until now, and as far as I know they did not have any connection to her. Is there a scroll called 'The mechanics of Kamui' or what?.
- I wondered why everyone in the HQ is so calm, despite knowing what happened to the Kage (Madara switched the location, their Chakra must be quite low). But then I remembered what Inoichi said about them not even having enough time to be shocked about Tobi's identity; I suppose the same may go for the Kage's defeat. Demoralizing the allied forces would be unwise at this point as well.
- Obito finally becomes Tobi again, in a figurative sense.