Compare 2 series
Hopefully this won't become a flame war...
the point is to compare and contrast two series and talk about the advantages and disadvantages of each one. Hopefully this will help people determine which series fits their liking. This is about opinion, so don't be too mad if somebody trashes a series or something; it'll likely happen.
Naruto vs. One Piece
+ I prefer the fights in Naruto. It has its flaws too but it has great ideas along with it.
+ I enjoy the audio more anime-wise
- I personally feel that the story forces the reader to make too many assumptions.
- Some roles for characters feel neglected. Especially in Part 2. Maybe it will change soon but some damage has already been done in this aspect.
+ The side stories are usually better, and it has a great plot line overall.
+ The writer is willing to take further steps (at least compared to Shippden)
- I don't really like the art too much. Find is harder to figure out what's going on.
- Some arcs can be a bit slow, and might seem dragged out.
Both have good characters. Note that I haven't completely caught up to One Piece either.
Death Note vs. Liar Game
+ It's partially fantasy, which attracts more people (the Death Note, the existence of Shinigami, etc.)
+ The anime has an awesome audio track - the Openings and theme songs were cool
+ The characters are likeable and they're pretty smart too
- While the main characters are smart, I felt some of their logic was a bit flawed and weren't the best options
- It went a bit downhill after L died IMO (which a lot of others say). Although I also think everything past Light's sacrificed ownership of the Death Note was more for comedic relief.
+ The idea of competing in games of intelligence and psychology for money is a good concept.
+ The characters are usually pretty fun. Some dislike Nao but I don't find her to be that bad.
+ The characters are also very intelligent and the way people play these games is interesting.
- A plot hole in this manga might ruin the entire round for the reader even if there aren't many.
- It takes a while for new chapters to come out (it can go on break for months sometimes).
These manga/anime are for those who prefer more mind challenging feats over fights.