Re: Tobi was never meant to Obito
Agreed. Kishi's a very clever guy, his character development and use of misdirection is precisely what drew me into the series from the get go.
Originally Posted by Gambitz1
Another example of a plausible Tobi identity in the past was Donzo. (For the record I don't believe it necessarily should have been him I'm just going along with the thread and offering conversation)
- He had a bandage over his right eye, (so you had no idea what was under there).
- He was implanted with Senju DNA so he was able to use the Sharingan better then the original owner.
- It turned out his right arm was augmented.
- His hair/height was similar.
- He was knowledgable of the Leaf Village's defensive perimiter. (9 tails attack)
- He would have known about the seals vulnerability during the birthing process.
- He would have been aware of Kushina's whereabouts (Because Anbu were stationed outside)
- He was willing to do what HE thought was best for the village, and as demonstrated in the past was willing to take questionable moral stances to achieve it. (Become Hokage, call into question the loyalty of the Uchiha/eliminate a potential future power struggle)
- He remained in the underbelly of Konoha, so no one really knew what he was up to.
- Yes he's old, but lets face it, he was pretty spry when he went up against Tobi and Sasuke.
- When Tobi confronted Minato, his composure and overall demeanor was "Calm", "Collected", "Calculating", like Donzo. (I continue to struggle to believe that a 16-17 year old would act like that during all that chaos, especially after that very same character exhibited such polar opposite behavioral traits prior to the attack)
Once again, for the record I don't believe it necessarily should have been him, I'm just going along with the thread and offering conversation.