Re: Naruto Chapter 616 - My Discussion Points [Hinata with MS?]
Honestly, I am afraid he might end up reviving the Sage of Six Paths, or something equally ridiculous.
Originally Posted by dtsleo
I seriously doubt that. He may be looking for something Itachi left behind (or suspect Itachi left something). You know how Itachi is with being able to plan ahead to ridiculous extremes.
- He's going back to the time and place of the Uchiha massacre. Time travel isn't impossible in the Narutoverse so maybe he just wants to see it all go down for himself.
I think that's mainly supposed to be art. It shows Sakura as a samurai (as well as... a girl with blue hair... could be Hinata...) as well as Naruto... might be reading a bit much into it.
2. Is the ninja on page 3 supposed to be Hinata with a MS? Sasuke doesn't doesn't have purple hair. And it says "heriones" plural. Then again, it also says "heroes" plural. But maybe through this battle Hinata unlocks the sharingan? It's supposed to be possible since rinnegan can be unlocked from sharingan. Interesting if she did, but what would be the point? Another way to introduce the sharingan back into the village since Sasuke is out? Why not just start implanting all of the eyes Obito has? He had plenty.
At most, I would say it implies a genetic link between the Byakugan and the Sharingan. Or that there's a female Uchiha who is going to crop up out of nowhere. Uchiha are like Orochimaru, these days. For an extinct clan, there's a no shortage of them to cause problems.
To be fair, they are elite ninja.
3. Awesome that Orochimaru, Sasuke, and friends can just walk into the village during war. No one notices?
Naruto has always supposed to have been about asymmetric combat. By powering up certain abilities that work in a variety of ways (as opposed to just trying to brute-force destroy something), one could defeat something that is more powerful.
4. Everyone gets a fox cloak? Seems a little cheesy. Even still, they get fox chakra and then what? The 10-tails is still supposed to be a million times stronger. The fox even said that.
Or, perhaps more appropriately, it still takes roughly the same amount of force to break a man's neck, no matter how skilled a martial artist he is.
How could an X-wing destroy a giant space station the size of a moon?
That was a little frustrating. I was actually anticipating some arrogant lecture from Madara with regards to Hinata (you would think the whole rivalry of the eyes would have sparked some comment or another)... and because he likes to say: "Hey, you all hold up a minute. I'm going to talk."
5. Talk, talk, talk in the middle. We didn't need to hear the final dialogue between fathers and kids. Boring.
I'm honestly surprised Kishimoto is using the support characters. Historically, it's been: "Remember, teamwork is important. So don't worry guys, I've got this!" from Naruto.
6. Ino may not get a lot of credit but she's pulled off a mind transfer on Obito/the ten-tails twice now. Strategically that is a pretty good technique.
Kind of always has. I think this is a clash of long-term planning and short term development on Kishimoto's part. The other villages were developed as a means to expand the universe but were not really thought of when it came to the overall plot progression (which has been very centered around the Leaf - which suggests many of these ideas were around as abstract concepts from years ago, but plot developments between then and now have expanded the universe in ways that the original concept did not include).
8. Anyone else notice that it's all about the Leaf and their techniques at this point?
Call me crazy... but I think Hinata's got Madara covered.
9. The plot is maybe leading us towards Naruto getting inside the mind of the ten-tails, but didn't we just learn that you have to attack the mind first? They have immobilized the ten-tails (like they did once already) so shouldn't they be attacking Madara and Obito next? And last I checked edo Madara nearly killed all 5 kages. What new technique is he going to whip out that can suddenly scratch Madara? And I guess the rest of the army can get Obito?
Or someone will just interrupt the edo tensei used to bring him back.
I might just end up waiting for a few months before picking the manga back up. Then it won't be so irritating to me when the plot development in each chapter seems to be lacking.