Status
    Jun 2014
    This user has no status.

Awards Showcase

Re: Profile of the Month: Discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Chihaya View Post
    Thanks Mysterious gurl
    Gurrrrrrrrl u deserved it

Last edited by Power Bottom; 06-01-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Status
    People from dysfunctional
    families are not destined for
    a dysfunctional life

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Beastbomb View Post
    ^^^This is the brutal truth right here, there is no such thing as a level playing field in any competition tbh, especially gfx related. So the only two options are keep entering and get better or don't enter at all, simple as that really
    I'll probably just stop being lazy and follow nefertari's tutorial of how to make a profile layout to see if I have enough confidence of playing with the big players. Hopefully I won't get destroyed haha.

Status
    This user has no status.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by iNotorious View Post
    I'll probably just stop being lazy and follow nefertari's tutorial of how to make a profile layout to see if I have enough confidence of playing with the big players. Hopefully I won't get destroyed haha.
    Between Drizzy's guide and Nefertari's guide, there genuinely isn't much else one needs to be considerate or cognizant of when it comes to profile designing. Moreover, a personal sentiment is that some individuals overestimate the value of GFXing in relation to profile designs. Amid the PotM judging process, excessive GFXing may actually be detrimental to an individual's point total. Briefly, if a profile theme can be decided upon, the next steps simply involve identifying suitable colors, images, and patterns. Whereas AotM (album) emphasizes entirely separate images in relation to a given theme, PotM emphasizes consolidating and layering images in a single space - the NB profile, which essentially boils down to finesse. For example, an image of Itachi generally would be better situated as the profile picture or part of the profile intro text, where it won't be obscured by message boxes and what not. Conversely, simple patterns generally function better as backgrounds and are relatively easy to customize, given the abundance of seamless pattern generators one can find (for free) online. Personally, a nice quality profile may not necessitate much more than minor tweaking of a few images. Certainly, participants shouldn't feel compelled to buy Photoshop or make things from scratch.

Status
    whyyyyyyy

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by iNotorious View Post
    just reminded me...that tutorial...ehh...needs to be updated <_>

Bellamy is the Key! MarBellarke's Avatar

Status
    Dec 2010
    Bellarke for 2017!

Awards Showcase

I guess I can't participate this month?

Status
    This user has no status.

Awards Showcase

To all present and future PotM participants, please observe the following change in the rules.

Failure to comply with the rules will result in disqualification and possibly further sanctions!
    Cheating will result in a ten-day ban from the entire NB site, and a permanent ban from the PotM contest.

Within recent months, contest cheating and member reluctance to report such violations has sadly become a reoccurring issue. There will no longer be any lenience relative to prior sanctions (two-month ban from PotM), and there will be no opportunity to repeal the punishment once the rule-breaking has been confirmed. If this change fails to curb cheating, PotM will go on indefinite hiatus. It is significantly difficult to identify most instances of PotM cheating, since members are not under constant scrutiny by moderators. Moreover, some members would seemingly rather complain about a lack of omnipotence or obsessive stalking on the host's part without simply reporting any issues.

Last edited by Pekoms; 07-03-2016 at 11:04 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Remorseful Madness

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Pekoms View Post

To all present and future PotM participants, please observe the following change in the rules.

Failure to comply with the rules will result in disqualification and possibly further sanctions!
    Cheating will result in a ten-day ban from the entire NB site, and a permanent ban from the PotM contest.

Within recent months, contest cheating and member reluctance to report such violations has sadly become a reoccurring issue. There will no longer be any lenience relative to prior sanctions (two-month ban from PotM), and there will be no opportunity to repeal the punishment once the rule-breaking has been confirmed. If this change fails to curb cheating, PotM will go on indefinite hiatus. It is significantly difficult to identify most instances of PotM cheating, since members are not under constant scrutiny by moderators. Moreover, some members would seemingly rather complain about a lack of omnipotence or obsessive stalking on the host's part without simply reporting any issues.
    well this is unfortunate. :/